Fathering Autism #23 Bike riding dreams & delusional wishes. Potty training is too hard, just do the dishes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's actually sad that Summer spent Mother's Day with those lumps and not with her own family or mother. It makes me wonder how her mom feels about all of that.
I don’t think this is a matter of how her mother feels. I have a feeling she doesn’t have a close relationship with her mother and maybe father. Who allows their young teen daughter to hang out with non relatives on this level.

Reactions: 20
Overalls are a great idea and playdoh, putty, or different consistencies of slime are perfect places to start. Another thing you might want to try is a thick glycerin lotion on his hands. I think you live in Canada, my friend - sorry if I'm misremembering. Try something called Glysomed - it comes in a bright green tube and you can get it at Shoppers for sure (probably Walmart as well). I've also used hand cream from Avon called Silicone Glove, but I prefer the Glysomed for kids. Help him put some on his hands when he's on the potty but don't completely rub it in.

If you think part of his smearing is related to scent you can try basic room sprays, an essential oil diffuser with a scent he likes (my go-to method), etc. Some people try a chunk of strong cheese but to me that's just asking for trouble. I know some people have tried things like worn socks or shoes, but it can be tough to determine what type of odor he's seeking out (strong vs pleasant).

Some OTs recommend drawing, using stickers, or finger painting as being good for visual stimulation. There's nothing wrong with giving one/all a try, I just tend to go for methods that are going to be easier to bring with you when he's away from home and might have to go (a small tube of lotion or pot of slime as opposed to a pad of paper and crayons).

General suggestions: don't make him participate in cleaning up (could just prolong the positive sensory experience) and try to be neutral in your attitude. So don't offer negative or positive attention - just kind of acknowledge it, get him cleaned up and then out of the room doing something else while you finish with the bathroom.

Try to view potty training as a side quest (if you're a gamer) or a special challenge you need to unlock to move to the next leveI. And always, always try to view it with humor (I know it's so hard and frustrating sometimes!) I freaking love potty training - it's such a rush when a kiddo is able to accomplish it. It takes time and dedication, but you can do it! (y)
Thank you for this!! I didn't even consider that maybe he liked the smell part!

When he does it, I try hard not to show any emotion- partly because I know he isnt being malicious, but also because he finds negative attention very motivating haha.

I also never make him clean up, so it's good to hear I'm on the right track. I *am* in Canada, I like the idea of lotion as well. I wanna keep it to something we can use anywhere (even tho we are almost always home, even before quarantine)

I have put potty training off again (one reason I'd like to get it done is that he is very prone to bad indigestion, and his poops often burn his bum? No matter how fast we change him. We think he is pooping out some bile maybe, and we have taken a number of things out of his diet, but cant figure it out. According to his bloodwork, he has no allergies)

Anyways, thank you!! I really appreciate this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yall know that couple second clip of Isaiah pushing Abbie back to the garage on the bike?
How much ya wanna bet that was STAGED?
Isaiah was the only one pushing & steering. Asssa standing off to the side with the camera of course. Isaiah pushing and steering that alone while keeping Abbie seated? By himself? Didnt happen. Isaiah pushed a few feet for the camera that's it.
Asssa felt the need to follow up due to the humpers tears of Joy's. I bet he even realizes this ain't gonna work now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Thank you for this!! I didn't even consider that maybe he liked the smell part!

When he does it, I try hard not to show any emotion- partly because I know he isnt being malicious, but also because he finds negative attention very motivating haha.

I also never make him clean up, so it's good to hear I'm on the right track. I *am* in Canada, I like the idea of lotion as well. I wanna keep it to something we can use anywhere (even tho we are almost always home, even before quarantine)

I have put potty training off again (one reason I'd like to get it done is that he is very prone to bad indigestion, and his poops often burn his bum? No matter how fast we change him. We think he is pooping out some bile maybe, and we have taken a number of things out of his diet, but cant figure it out. According to his bloodwork, he has no allergies)

Anyways, thank you!! I really appreciate this!!
No problem, my pleasure! This is gonna sound weird because we tend not to associate them with children, but it might not be a bad idea to get him checked for internal hemorrhoids - they can burn like a witch. GI issues in general (IBS, Crohn's, etc.) are quite highly correlated with autistic individuals (I have IBS, myself). I've often wondered if Abbie might have some kind of GI problem as they can make toilet training a lot harder - although in her case a good chunk is down to pure lazy parenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello, all! This is my first time posting, and I used to watch this family last year until I could no longer. Mom and pop's car accident is called karma...with the pandemic, they needed to keep their butts at home and still take this thing seriously! Plain and simple karma to me anyway, especially since A and P have been roaming freely and could have been exposed and then infected the parents. This family's fans are unbelievable with their happy "teats" and melting hearts, like a Hershey bar in 90 degree weather. Have a great evening!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t think this is a matter of how her mother feels. I have a feeling she doesn’t have a close relationship with her mother and maybe father. Who allows their young teen daughter to hang out with non relatives on this level.
She's 22 next month I believe. She makes her own decisions. The question is why would anyone choose this. It looks like a pretty miserable existence. I've seen at least one post (maybe for her birthday or graduation?) where her dad posted a bunch of pics of Summer and said nice things about her. I don't follow her family but her dad does seem fond of her. I thought she was coming to live with the Maass's to help with Abbie because supposedly Abbie responds really well with her, but so far it's still Asa doing the majority of the Abbie-wrangling. Truthfully she is there to fulfill P's fantasy of having a normal daughter, but what's in it for Summer?

Reactions: 21
Hello, all! This is my first time posting, and I used to watch this family last year until I could no longer. Mom and pop's car accident is called karma...with the pandemic, they needed to keep their butts at home and still take this thing seriously! Plain and simple karma to me anyway, especially since A and P have been roaming freely and could have been exposed and then infected the parents. This family's fans are unbelievable with their happy "teats" and melting hearts, like a Hershey bar in 90 degree weather. Have a great evening!
Hello and welcome! :)

Reactions: 11
Yall know that couple second clip of Isaiah pushing Abbie back to the garage on the bike?
How much ya wanna bet that was STAGED?
Isaiah was the only one pushing & steering. Asssa standing off to the side with the camera of course. Isaiah pushing and steering that alone while keeping Abbie seated? By himself? Didnt happen. Isaiah pushed a few feet for the camera that's it.
Asssa felt the need to follow up due to the humpers tears of Joy's. I bet he even realizes this ain't gonna work now.
Lol

Definitely stage. We see a 10 second clip of her being pushed on the bike. Assa makes sure to record everything so why didn’t he show them getting the bike out and putting her on it? Maybe she had a tantrum?

Also in yesterday’s vlog it was an awkward scene. They show her the bike, put her on it and push her for like 1 min then they are like ok we’re done. She got back on the bike and Summer just yells “How exciting” or some tit lol.

When are they going to actually teach her how to ride?

He said the first step is getting her comfortable on the bike, second step steering.....

She's 22 next month I believe. She makes her own decisions. The question is why would anyone choose this. It looks like a pretty miserable existence. I've seen at least one post (maybe for her birthday or graduation?) where her dad posted a bunch of pics of Summer and said nice things about her. I don't follow her family but her dad does seem fond of her. I thought she was coming to live with the Maass's to help with Abbie because supposedly Abbie responds really well with her, but so far it's still Asa doing the majority of the Abbie-wrangling. Truthfully she is there to fulfill P's fantasy of having a normal daughter, but what's in it for Summer?
She started hanging out with them at 13.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Once again, Asshat made me choke on my drink laughing when he tells P: "You're the best Mom. You deserve it."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Lol

Definitely stage. We see a 10 second clip of her being pushed on the bike. Assa makes sure to record everything so why didn’t he show them getting the bike out and putting her on it? Maybe she had a tantrum?

Also in yesterday’s vlog it was an awkward scene. They show her the bike, put her on it and push her for like 1 min then they are like ok we’re done. She got back on the bike and Summer just yells “How exciting” or some tit lol.

He said the first step is getting her comfortable on the bike, second step steering.....

I honestly have little hope for her ever learning how to ride that bike. Sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If they're going to work on her sitting on the bike at least have her sit correctly. She's positioned poorly.

1589342249838.png

Check out Cilla's portion. No wonder her sleeve operation failed.

1589342447337.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Summer does nothing. She doesnt do school with Abbie. She doesnt sit down and interact with Abbie. She doesnt do any hygiene with Abbie...Asssa b Summer doesnt clean up after Abbie.
However! Shes excellent at giggling, strutting around in short shorts, jumping out at Abbie, chasing Abbie, and claiming to be her BFF. But what do we ever see her do????
I know not everyone agrees but I think shes gott the hots for Asssa and I think they stay up past 2am together in the dimly lit "office"
going furiously thru vlog comments deleting and responding. Amanda Lee is Summer! And she wants Assssa. And we all know Assssa's morals and ego.

Lol

Summer's a strange one.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am a longtime lurker (been lurking since early March) and I would occasionally watch FA’s videos from time to time and did not really think much of it since I have no experience in the special education field and have no family members with conditions. I am still young though! By reading this forum it has truly opened my eyes on this family and I haven’t posted anything because I agree with what you all say and have a hard time putting my thoughts into words. Sorry for rambling! I found this on their facebook though!
3F8A566B-6E20-429C-A210-D74E21E0FAE2.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I have a feeling P didn't know about Assa's love child until years after abbie. I think he ran back, claimed he was soooo in love and to have another baby and she did and the result was Abbie.

Reactions: 17
Cucumber, I also think Amanda is Summer...Amanda is way too defensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.