Fathering Autism #23 Bike riding dreams & delusional wishes. Potty training is too hard, just do the dishes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot to mention....did y'all hear P talking about Assa not having covid? She clearly has no clue! She said "your symptoms aren't even the symptoms of the cough..I mean it's not a dry cough". What!??? Made zero sense! Plus...you don't even have to have a cough or fever to have covid. There are so many people having so many different symptoms. These people are literally just stupid! I watched a video of a woman who's husband had it bad...and she got it but only had extreme tiredness and GI issues.

Reactions: 24
And the sofa in the living room is not from IKEA. They are such idiots. If you find something that works, why not stick with it?
Didn't their old couch have trash bags and other stuffing for cushions? I vaguely remember them talking about that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
As @RocketQueen said, I gotta stay incognito (in case Asshat reads this) but I did comment within the past 10minutes on YT besides I suck at posting on here
I think I’m blocked on a newly created screename as noone responded to my rant on YT. I use my cellphone # a lot at work to help clients set up email addresses and it wouldnt let me use my phone to get a code so that I could create another name to post about on the vlog

heres what I wrote....
@bethcorcoran...I applaud you for speaking the truth. @AmandaLee, you are the only one who‘s hostile when people on here post what they see. In our country, its free speech and many people believe that Abvie is at the best that she will ever be. Why hasn’t Abbie been fully potty trained? She’s 15. @Amanda Lee, this isn’t a family you’re going likely meet in person so stop defending them. Are you one of those leghumpers that blindly send them money? I saw when she was younger that they taught her to ride a bike. They didn’t follow through. Toilet training, they didn’t follow through. If they did, then why at 15 is she still wearing pull ups? Because they are lazy and don’t follow through. They want the leghumpers like you Amanda Lee to have pity on them for the hand that they’ve been dealt. Stop seeing the world through rose colored glasses, Amanda Lee and accept Abbie for the low functioning IDD autistic that she is.

too bad this won’t be seen by the leghumpers.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think I’m blocked on a newly created screename as noone responded to my rant on YT. I use my cellphone # a lot at work to help clients set up email addresses and it wouldnt let me use my phone to get a code so that I could create another name to post about on the vlog

heres what I wrote....
@bethcorcoran...I applaud you for speaking the truth. @AmandaLee, you are the only one who‘s hostile when people on here post what they see. In our country, its free speech and many people believe that Abvie is at the best that she will ever be. Why hasn’t Abbie been fully potty trained? She’s 15. @Amanda Lee, this isn’t a family you’re going likely meet in person so stop defending them. Are you one of those leghumpers that blindly send them money? I saw when she was younger that they taught her to ride a bike. They didn’t follow through. Toilet training, they didn’t follow through. If they did, then why at 15 is she still wearing pull ups? Because they are lazy and don’t follow through. They want the leghumpers like you Amanda Lee to have pity on them for the hand that they’ve been dealt. Stop seeing the world through rose colored glasses, Amanda Lee and accept Abbie for the low functioning IDD autistic that she is.

too bad this won’t be seen by the leghumpers.
Kudos to you! Dont worry, it will be seen by Asa or Summer. They like to creep around here.
And I'm in the same boat. I dont know how everyone creates multiple accts that get through whatever force field he has. I've tried on my laptop, tablet and phone....no go...even with different email addresses.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Great! Abby is going to learn to ride the trike, navigate her way to the park, prepare and pack a picnic lunch....she’s amazing.

Gabe. Something is wrong with him. He asks a question then answers his own question. Not sure what he is really saying.
Gabe confused me too....

Reactions: 4
Anyone know why this commenter has her name in a special grey color? I also noticed FA hearted her.

1589333426804.png

Reactions: 4
I forgot to mention....did y'all hear P talking about Assa not having covid? She clearly has no clue! She said "your symptoms aren't even the symptoms of the cough..I mean it's not a dry cough". What!??? Made zero sense! Plus...you don't even have to have a cough or fever to have covid. There are so many people having so many different symptoms. These people are literally just stupid! I watched a video of a woman who's husband had it bad...and she got it but only had extreme tiredness and GI issues.
And did you hear Asssssa...."about my cough...you guys gotta chill"
What an arrogant SOB

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So I've been thinking, and going to share a story. I've mentioned here a few times about my kids, both autistic. (Just saying again as I dont expect anyone to actually remember)

My youngest, in the last week and a half, has picked back up fecal smearing. He's been doing it daily, has been sneaky when he has a BM. We keep reintroducing the potty to him (hes three) and he is always reaching in to play with everything he makes. It is incredibly discouraging.

Shops open back up here tomorrow and we're getting him a few pairs of overalls so he cant dig. Hopefully it works. Also gonna get a fee different sensory toys (playdoh, slime) so he can get that input.

So my question is, how do you toilet train a kid who loves what they're making? Maybe that's a big one that they're dealing with, too. My first was so easy, but this one, I'm not convinced I'll be able to train him (I'm gonna try, of course!!)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I'd esp love to hear from the autistic adults as to what things I could buy for him that would give him that input?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
It's actually sad that Summer spent Mother's Day with those lumps and not with her own family or mother. It makes me wonder how her mom feels about all of that.

Reactions: 17
So I've been thinking, and going to share a story. I've mentioned here a few times about my kids, both autistic. (Just saying again as I dont expect anyone to actually remember)

My youngest, in the last week and a half, has picked back up fecal smearing. He's been doing it daily, has been sneaky when he has a BM. We keep reintroducing the potty to him (hes three) and he is always reaching in to play with everything he makes. It is incredibly discouraging.

Shops open back up here tomorrow and we're getting him a few pairs of overalls so he cant dig. Hopefully it works. Also gonna get a fee different sensory toys (playdoh, slime) so he can get that input.

So my question is, how do you toilet train a kid who loves what they're making? Maybe that's a big one that they're dealing with, too. My first was so easy, but this one, I'm not convinced I'll be able to train him (I'm gonna try, of course!!)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I'd esp love to hear from the autistic adults as to what things I could buy for him that would give him that input?
I have no advice. I just wanted to send you some encouragement. Your boys are blessed to have you. I bet if the Maass' had cared half as much as you do when Abbie was 3, they would not be where they are with her now.
You got this!

:)

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Overalls are a great idea and playdoh, putty, or different consistencies of slime are perfect places to start. Another thing you might want to try is a thick glycerin lotion on his hands. I think you live in Canada, my friend - sorry if I'm misremembering. Try something called Glysomed - it comes in a bright green tube and you can get it at Shoppers for sure (probably Walmart as well). I've also used hand cream from Avon called Silicone Glove, but I prefer the Glysomed for kids. Help him put some on his hands when he's on the potty but don't completely rub it in.

If you think part of his smearing is related to scent you can try basic room sprays, an essential oil diffuser with a scent he likes (my go-to method), etc. Some people try a chunk of strong cheese but to me that's just asking for trouble. I know some people have tried things like worn socks or shoes, but it can be tough to determine what type of odor he's seeking out (strong vs pleasant).

Some OTs recommend drawing, using stickers, or finger painting as being good for visual stimulation. There's nothing wrong with giving one/all a try, I just tend to go for methods that are going to be easier to bring with you when he's away from home and might have to go (a small tube of lotion or pot of slime as opposed to a pad of paper and crayons).

General suggestions: don't make him participate in cleaning up (could just prolong the positive sensory experience) and try to be neutral in your attitude. So don't offer negative or positive attention - just kind of acknowledge it, get him cleaned up and then out of the room doing something else while you finish with the bathroom.

Try to view potty training as a side quest (if you're a gamer) or a special challenge you need to unlock to move to the next leveI. And always, always try to view it with humor (but it's also totally okay to have a good cry now and then - I know it's so hard and frustrating sometimes!) I freaking love potty training - it's such a rush when a kiddo is able to accomplish it. It takes time and dedication, but you can do it! (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
LOL... Asa couldn't even look us in the eyes when he was telling us that P's parents were coming over. :LOL: His eyes were shifting side to side... come on now. Telling us to chill out about his cough.... uh huh.. ok.. sure.. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Love this!! 🤩 Meanwhile, I'm drinking Arnold Palmer half and half iced tea/lemonade and making dinner, vs ordering take out!🙄😂😂

As for Isiah...I hope they pay for his college. It's the least they can do for him. I hope they don't make a big deal about paying for his college, as if that somehow makes them saints. It's what a lot of parents do for their kids. Hell, over the years, my ex-husband and I put $20,000 in an account towards our son's college. We planned on splitting the remainder of the college costs, however, we got lucky. My son ended up with a 4-year academic scholarship to Purdue (that covers his tuition each year as long as his GPA remains above a certain number). He also received enough other scholarships/grants so that every possible cost he will have during those 4 years (gas, car, dorm, monthly money, etc) are 100% taken care of. (Totally hit the awesome kid lotto with this one!!) 🥰 So the money his dad and I had saved, we will be giving it to him after he graduates.

We felt that as his parents, we owed it to him to financially see him through college, and then after that, he is ready to start his life, as an adult. So, all those years of studying, etc, really paid off for him, and us as well.

I realize everyone's situation is different, but geez. College, life insurance, etc, those are things ASSa and 🐷🐽 should have thought about LONG before they came into all this free money from pimping out their daughter's disability. If anything annoys me it is that fact. So much comes free for them, with no hard work to back it up. Don't even get me started on his neglect of his first daughter. 😡
I love what you said!
But of course A& P claim they work soooooo hard....all these long hours....for crying out loud he's up past 2am....
They make sure to tell us how hard they work every single vlog.
Funny thing is...they don't really work at all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank your for raising such an amazing person, she fills the world with so much happiness, happy birthday Abbie!!!!💕💕
Someone wrote this on P's instagram!!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.