Fathering Autism #23 Bike riding dreams & delusional wishes. Potty training is too hard, just do the dishes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They expect him to get scholarships if he goes out of state. He can get free in state tuition so they don’t see a reason to pay tuition if he has that available
Ain’t nothing free. It would just be cheaper if he stayed in Florida rather than going out of state.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
(Catching up from yesterday so someone might have pointed this out but) Summer's bday message to Ab is almost identical to P's. Call her sweet girl, mention how she's changed lives without ever saying a word (yes Massives + Co. we know she's nonverbal), #autismprincess
Wonder how exactly do they think she is changing lives?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sam-I-am I have sent you a conversation through this site, hope you can find it🤪

Reactions: 2
Summer has a younger sister Skylyr who plays volleyball @ univ of Tampa and she’s involved with surfers for autism. i see possible grooming here for A&P to integrate her into the sick twisted lifestyle. Skylyr is actually prettier than summer IMO
I went to UT as well. I always notice when Summer wears the UTampa hoodies... and wondered what connection she may have... makes sense now. Her sister must be very different from her. I said before that I hated when Summer wore those hoodies cause in my eyes she would never fit in there -first of all, it’s a challenging social environment to navigate... full of the Cher and Dionne types (along with regular, down to earth ones of course.) We all know Summer is socially awkward - she would not survive one semester there just due to that, unless she lived off campus and didn’t care for the social life. Also it’s a top ranking university.

Reactions: 7
Smh... on her insta she wrote something about how she’s so happy Abbie chose her to be “her person.” Wtf. Isn’t that something you’d say to a significant other??? Something’s not right with that girl.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Wow.....we're in phase 1. (Ohio) Stores are starting to reopen, restaurants open with big restrictions next week, etc....but we're still under a stay at home order. Yes we can go out a bit more, but not with people we havent been sheltering with. Must be nice to be a Maass. Think they have their own rules. LOL
They said the grandparents had been quarantining for 9 weeks, same as them! i don’t consider going to the food store every other day, dunkin runs, Mc Donald’s drive thru runs, etc. being quarantined. My husband and I haven’t stepped foot in a store since March 13th, doing food shopping online and delivered. My daughter has MS so we are terrified to bring something into the home after being in a store. I would be afraid for Abbie...she can’t even tell someone if she’s not feeling well.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Smh... on her insta she wrote something about how she’s so happy Abbie chose her to be “her person.” Wtf. Isn’t that something you’d say to a significant other??? Something’s not right with that girl.
Bingo! You said what I was thinking.

Summer looks at Abbie like I used to look at my son when he was an infant.

summer abbie (2).jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone notice how width wise, P is almost as big as their fridge? I couldn’t help but notice on the vlog from yesterday when she spent about 15 minutes looking in there. I was trying to see what all unhealthy stuff they have in there, but her body was blocking my view.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The only thing they have done is frighten some of the parents of autistic children who think autism looks like Abbie. They should have been honest from the start that she is severely IDD.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I had my first at the age of 9! I continued to grow for a good few years after. And stopped at 5'9". I was also put on the pill at aged 14 due to problems with my cycle! I didn't gain any weight due to my mum feeding us all a very good healthy balanced diet.
My goodness! I can't believe you were that young. I was 11 when I had my first time of the month and had my first bra at 10.

Reactions: 6
"They" say it's all the hormones kids injest these days through food. I don't know. Most girls will start near the same age their mom did "they" say. Personally I was 13 and both my girls were 13.

My goodness! I can't believe you were that young. I was 11 when I had my first time of the month and had my first bra at 10.
I was a hippie child and rarely wore a bra. :ROFLMAO: Even now I only wear one when I go out in public and it comes off as soon as I get home.

So I've been thinking, and going to share a story. I've mentioned here a few times about my kids, both autistic. (Just saying again as I dont expect anyone to actually remember)

My youngest, in the last week and a half, has picked back up fecal smearing. He's been doing it daily, has been sneaky when he has a BM. We keep reintroducing the potty to him (hes three) and he is always reaching in to play with everything he makes. It is incredibly discouraging.

Shops open back up here tomorrow and we're getting him a few pairs of overalls so he cant dig. Hopefully it works. Also gonna get a fee different sensory toys (playdoh, slime) so he can get that input.

So my question is, how do you toilet train a kid who loves what they're making? Maybe that's a big one that they're dealing with, too. My first was so easy, but this one, I'm not convinced I'll be able to train him (I'm gonna try, of course!!)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I'd esp love to hear from the autistic adults as to what things I could buy for him that would give him that input?
Hang in there sweet mama...you totally got this! Make sure you take some time for your own mental health. Yoga is something you can do from home and it great for ya. I like Yoga with Adrienne on YT.

I think overalls would be a good idea. I have no more advice as I worked in short visits with special needs kids but didn't have one myself. There is some great advice on this site though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"They" say it's all the hormones kids I jest these days through food. I don't know. Most girls will start near the same age their mom did "they" say. Personally I was 13 and both my girls were 13.

I was a hippie child and rarely wore a bra. :ROFLMAO: Even now I only wear one when I go out in public and it comes off as soon as I get home.
Me too, I hate bras and i also can’t stand shoes, I wear flip flops all the time , weirdo that I am😀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
as a hippie child and rarely wore a bra. :ROFLMAO: Even now I only wear one when I go out in public and it comes off as soon as I get home.
Do you get grief over the whole "no bra" thing?
My elderly mother routinely lectures me on it, even if I'm walking 2 blocks at night to our local supermarket, with practically no one about to notice.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
TF is wrong with this Laura chick👆
living in some kinda fairy tale????
Abbie putting a little picnic basket in her basket and going to the park to eat....
I don't know what flick she has going on in her head but, it's not a good one and it's obviously fiction.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do you get grief over the whole "no bra" thing?
My elderly mother routinely lectures me on it, even if I'm walking 2 blocks at night to our local supermarket, with practically no one about to notice.
Yes, my father would ask if we had our underwear on before we left the house (as a teen).

I got a tatoo (2nd one) when I was 40. My dad saw it and said I was gonna regret that when I got older. LOL I was 40!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.