Fathering Autism #22 Bored, lazy, getting fatter. Scams, gift cards are all that matter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My opinion. Abigail cannot be fixed. It is not a fixable disease or disorder. She needs some serious training and possibly more medication. I honestly cannot see her making progress in many areas. I think ABA is perfect for her because of her severe disability.

I am sure people with mild autism do not like the idea of being "fixed" or "trained" and rightly so.

Abbie....and a mild autist....no comparison at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My opinion. Abigail cannot be fixed. It is not a fixable disease or disorder. She needs some serious training and possibly more medication. I honestly cannot see her making progress in many areas. I think ABA is perfect for her because of her severe disability.

I am sure people with mild autism do not like the idea of being "fixed" or "trained" and rightly so.

Abbie....and a mild autist....no comparison at all.
i agree. Great points.

Those 2 are real sleezebags.
IMO
Knowing what we know now, looking at this old video, it's very telling.
It's what they don't say a lot of times.
They hide things.
Or attempt to.
IMO
Once a tightwad always a tightwad.
This was back when Abbie had been denied insurance for the dynavox. Disgusting Asssa goes on about how much it would mean for Abbie and how he was not done fighting for insurance to cover it. With all his money..
if he really cared so much about it helping Abbie...why didnt he just buy the damn thing himself?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I didn't know that ppl hated the puzzle piece symbol. If they hate it so much, why don't they just change it? I think that any person, autism or not, that acts like Abigail needs fixing. Behavior like that just isn't acceptable anywhere in the world. (Except in the Maass Squad living room and in their bent minds.) I just don't know how the behavior is going to be fixed if nobody will get up off their ass and work to fix it. They always talk about work, work, work but, they won't work to fix what really needs to be fixed. It's crazy, in my opinion.

" If they hate it so much, why don't they just change it?"

Who are "they?" They, like Autistic people?

I do my best to scroll right by your comments but sometime one reaches out and grabs me. Think about what you just said. Seriously?

There is no fix for Abigail's disorder, it just is not fixable.

Reactions: 10
The subscription box was labeled by age and it hurt Asa's feelings that the things at her level were labeled "for babies 6 - 8 months" or whatever. I can understand being a little annoyed by it, but like you said, if Abbie would enjoy the subscription they should swallow their pride and meet her at her level.
I've always thought it was the other way around re: A and P's acceptance of Abbie's future prospects. I think Priscilla understands the severity of Ab's impairments and that's why she freezes her out and pretends Summer is her real daughter. I think Asa (as someone here said recently) is still secretly waiting for Abbie's savant moment, or at least genuinely expects some drastic improvement. He is her main caregiver, after all, and he knows all (he thinks) and look at all the change she has made in only such and such amount of time (sarcasm).
They both cling to the autism label because it is trendy. I hate to say that, because I know there are people here who genuinely struggle with the effects of autism either with themselves or their children. But it is a buzzword, a popular topic that you will find a multitude of information and opinions about. The topic of IDD is kind of swept under the rug. Kids are mocked, called mean names and thought of as "less than." Autism...the message you often get is that your brain is just wired differently. Also, you have this whole exclusive community to commiserate with. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, but easier for most people to be upfront about. Maybe it's time they talked about it, though.
I don't really think Isaiah is much more than slightly above average, but they do put a lot of pressure on him to compensate for what they miss out on with Abbie.
Funny story they told in a live once. At the first awards ceremony for You Tube they attended (it might have been the Shorty? Awards but not sure), Isaiah had been excitedly going up to everyone and saying "we're from Fathering Autism!" and someone mistook him and Asa for a gay couple who were co-parenting Abbie. When they called the Maass family up for the award, the presenters were like "come on up, guys!" and were kind of looking at Priscilla like "who is she?" Ha, they obviously thought Isaiah was a lot older than he is, and I guess the name of the channel doesn't really include Priscilla, but it just kind of shows how detached she is when she isn't putting on a show, like dancing around when Abbie matches her colors correctly.
Omg that’s funny! Did Asa joke about it afterwards?

• Haha
Reactions: 6

5:10

But that would be done at the end of the school year anyway I think. At least, that's what schools round here do.
It was just a thought. 😊
Asa says, "It's not intention I make you look bad" Right...you just look bad all on your own...enjoy your "jam"

P claims Abbie bathes at night. When? They get by with so many lies and their fans eat every bite with smiles on the faces.

P claims it is 50/50 on Abbie's care and Asa should help as he helped bring her into this world. Fast forward ahead when P tells everyone she not only did not nurture Abbie...she didn't take care of Isaiah either. She handed him over to Asa to do infant care.

Alcohol truth serum?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Me too. I only watch to give my honest opinion as an autistic person as to what's going on and what Abbie is really thinking and feeling. I started watching their videos after seeing a link to the ABA at the Supermarket video in a blog I was reading by an autistic person on why ABA is abuse and I was shocked by what I saw (that was one of several example videos in that blog)
I also heard what all the other people in the autistic community think and they don't like it either, especially because they filmed her on the toilet and melting down.
I also don't understand why they don't turn the camera off immediately when she has a meltdown or put music on/give her a stim toy to calm her down as that would really help her. No autistic person should have their meltdowns or toilet visits aired on YouTube.
The toilet thing, was that when he was showing her being trained? Toilet, brush teeth, water on, etc? If so she had her clothes on. He said that she was just going through the motions to show how she learns. He showed her sitting down and she was clothed. Or was this something else?

Reactions: 5
Asa says, "It's not intention I make you look bad" Right...you just look bad all on your own...enjoy your "jam"

P claims Abbie bathes at night. When? They get by with so many lies and their fans eat every bite with smiles on the faces.
Yes they do!!!
Leghumpers are so gullible.
This video is quite an eye opener for anyone who has an intact reasoning factor.
It's encouraging from some of the comments folks have screenshot and posted, that eyes are being opened.
My heart is happy when new people find us and come into the light!!
😁

• Heart
  • Haha
You forgot these...she just has to touch her face! Stop it! (I couldn’t watch past the first few minutes so I only took the 2 shots, I’m sure there’s a ton more of her touching her face!)

I agree, and she kept pulling at it. And it doesn’t cover her upper arms enough, they were flapping around when she put her arms up. At least wear something flattering if you’re being a sales person online!
Damn! Very first thing she did was put her hands on her face!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Quick, off-topic personal update:

Baby girl is here! Isabella Louise, born May 6th, 10 lbs even, 22 inches, full head of dark hair. L&D went really well - lasted about 12 hours with no complications. Baby is healthy and beautiful and already has big siblings wrapped around her little finger. Whew. What a wild ride it's been!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Quite a few. Right now she's too much for one person, two or three would be ideal. She gets into things, is needy, not toilet trained, can't be trusted unsupervised with animals and certainly cannot be left alone. I can't see a living situation for her once she moves out of JSA's program into anything less than a one on one 24/7 with a caregiver.

She actually did dance and sing to "Baby Got Back". She said she knows all the words to it. Show starts at 4:57 into the video. Keep watching as Cilla makes a "special guest appearance". I can't help but wonder what Isaiah's friends think. You can hear someone say "Oh God. Oh my dear God" My son would be mortified.

Well that was awkward....Isaiah was uncomfortable the whole time

• Wow
The toilet thing, was that when he was showing her being trained? Toilet, brush teeth, water on, etc? If so she had her clothes on. He said that she was just going through the motions to show how she learns. He showed her sitting down and she was clothed. Or was this something else?
The potty training video she was wearing a pull up and a T-shirt and too old to be in “public” like that.

Reactions: 9
i agree. Great points.

Once a tightwad always a tightwad.
This was back when Abbie had been denied insurance for the dynavox. Disgusting Asssa goes on about how much it would mean for Abbie and how he was not done fighting for insurance to cover it. With all his money..
if he really cared so much about it helping Abbie...why didnt he just buy the damn thing himself?
Then a humper buys them the Dynavox

• Wow
  • Haha
The potty training video she was wearing a pull up and a T-shirt and too old to be in “public” like that.
Fully dressed. In her bathroom at home. Never did anything beyond sitting on the toilet, still fully clothed.

Reactions: 13
Hey guys just need a little advice or just need to vent a little about this., so my two and half year old cousin just recently got an autism diagnosis.he hasn’t talked yet, not potty trained... so they started early intervention and he started talking a little bit, just words here and there, but then the covid happened and the therapy had to come to a holt, he’s already not talking again and I just recently found out that his mom has to lock away all the knives because he got them and chased his older brother with knives 😰 so scary, I hope he doesn’t get more violent and also I was wondering about other people’s experiences with this? I pray he is not as severe as Ab but it may be too soon to tell? Thoughts? No smearing stories yet either so I really hope he doesn’t do that..this is my first time with autism anything, I came across FA on accident and just found them interesting(not anymore lol now it’s just a train wreck I have to watch), thanks for letting me vent a bit ☺ You guys are like friends 💖
Consistency, patience and understanding.. Trust me, most of the educators know they will have their hands full, when the kids get back to school...

She just needs to constantly be consistent and definitely baby proof the house... It does get better though!! I have a child that didn’t talk until the age of 5!!! He now has a vocabulary that matches a professor in college and is only 11... He hated learning the basic words.. He still to this day struggles with some basic syllable words but can speaks some words that I can’t even say...

Tell her to hang in their and talk with her local Medicaid office about getting extended services now! (ie respite and then long term services wait lists)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Jesus christ!! I love each and every one of them equally!!!

I didn't know that ppl hated the puzzle piece symbol. If they hate it so much, why don't they just change it? I think that any person, autism or not, that acts like Abigail needs fixing. Behavior like that just isn't acceptable anywhere in the world. (Except in the Maass Squad living room and in their bent minds.) I just don't know how the behavior is going to be fixed if nobody will get up off their ass and work to fix it. They always talk about work, work, work but, they won't work to fix what really needs to be fixed. It's crazy, in my opinion.
It would be hard to actually change the puzzle piece. It's so recognizable. Everyone knows what it means.

The reason it hasnt changed is because autism speaks is a very loud, powerful organization. They've done their branding well. They are awful for autistic people, but a great resource for parents- they offer get togethers, other contacts, and communication devices. They're very accessible through most social media.

There are autistic led groups (ASAN is one, iirc) but they arent well known. They are trying to popularize the rainbow infinity symbol (there's also a gold one that I like a lot) but it's been difficult. They really need to work on getting more parents to join them I think, because I think its parents that really help the popularity of A$. (Social media posts, putting puzzle peices everywhere, and wearing blue (light it up blue may have crossed your dash)

We do red instead. I struggle with the puzzle, mostly because it's so recognizable. If I put a puzzle piece on my kid, everyone knows. Very few would understand the new symbol, which could potentially endanger my child one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Children can't get SSI or SSD?
Yes, children can get SSI. I know, I have a child on it. We never get the max cap of $783/month but we do get a small (very small) amount and it keeps my child to being able to receive Medicaid... If not, we would sink because her medications are over $5k out of pocket, after private insurance pays..

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Consistency, patience and understanding.. Trust me, most of the educators know they will have their hands full, when the kids get back to school...

She just needs to constantly be consistent and definitely baby proof the house... It does get better though!! I have a child that didn’t talk until the age of 5!!! He now has a vocabulary that matches a professor in college and is only 11... He hated learning the basic words.. He still to this day struggles with some basic syllable words but can speaks some words that I can’t even say...

Tell her to hang in their and talk with her local Medicaid office about getting extended services now! (ie respite and then long term services wait lists)
I get the impression that you work very hard with your children and it has paid off. It can’t have been easy but you have done the very best by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Quick, off-topic personal update:

Baby girl is here! Isabella Louise, born May 6th, 10 lbs even, 22 inches, full head of dark hair. L&D went really well - lasted about 12 hours with no complications. Baby is healthy and beautiful and already has big siblings wrapped around her little finger. Whew. What a wild ride it's been!
Congratulations! I'm sure she is beautiful!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Fully dressed. In her bathroom at home. Never did anything beyond sitting on the toilet, still fully clothed.
In her underwear. No pants. Not fully clothed.... and are you seriously trying to argue that YouTube isn’t “in the public.”?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.