Fathering Autism #22 Bored, lazy, getting fatter. Scams, gift cards are all that matter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching this Vlog, and at 4:55 Abbie's therapist that had been working with her since 2015 begins to talk about how she works specifically with Abbie. Speech therapy is interesting.

Reactions: 12
This is the same person that was glued to her bed the other night for two hours while her mate napped on the couch and their son put their daughter to bed...while she texted the napping mate to put the daughter to bed...all happening in the same house..that is the epitome of lazy
Yep. The big lady is something else. She dosen't give two fucks about anything except being 19 again and her "work".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I am assuming Abbie has Social Security along with the Medicaid, That has to be updated regularly and it is probably just a small issue to become legal guardians. Not sure it's 18 though....I think it may be a bit older. I cannot imagine them sending her to a group home in 3 years, A&P are very young, they will care for her for a long time before that happens. Just my opinion.
Abbie wouldn’t qualify for SS... Now, with Medicaid, she would through the state waiver..

When a child reaches 17–1/2 years of age, a legal guardian can apply for guardianship or claim power of attorney for someone. In Abbie’s case, they will need to claim full guardianship, due to her severity of IDD/ASD. They cannot apply early but must apply before she turns 18 years old. After she turns 18 and until the paperwork is done, they would have no legal standings in medical decisions or legal realms.
Most parents in this arena know they have to claim some part of their child (turned adults) freedoms because of their disability.
Onto the legality about doing it. Most counties have a lawyer that handles these cases daily. If you call one of your local non-profits, they can put you in touch with them. It is a standard fee on scheduling for most. The state has to provide a separate lawyer for the child, to give them a voice but they only see what the doctor’s and therapist write and go based on their level of severity.
She would be a slam dunk, for her parents to get full guardianship. Isaiah or Summer would then be listed in a will, to have a change of legal guardianship done, if both A&P were disabled beyond being able to function and care for Abbie or passed away..

Reactions: 13
You forgot these...she just has to touch her face! Stop it! (I couldn’t watch past the first few minutes so I only took the 2 shots, I’m sure there’s a ton more of her touching her face!)

I agree, and she kept pulling at it. And it doesn’t cover her upper arms enough, they were flapping around when she put her arms up. At least wear something flattering if you’re being a sales person online!
🎶I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hey guys just need a little advice or just need to vent a little about this., so my two and half year old cousin just recently got an autism diagnosis.he hasn’t talked yet, not potty trained... so they started early intervention and he started talking a little bit, just words here and there, but then the covid happened and the therapy had to come to a holt, he’s already not talking again and I just recently found out that his mom has to lock away all the knives because he got them and chased his older brother with knives 😰 so scary, I hope he doesn’t get more violent and also I was wondering about other people’s experiences with this? I pray he is not as severe as Ab but it may be too soon to tell? Thoughts? No smearing stories yet either so I really hope he doesn’t do that..this is my first time with autism anything, I came across FA on accident and just found them interesting(not anymore lol now it’s just a train wreck I have to watch), thanks for letting me vent a bit ☺ You guys are like friends 💖

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
View attachment 125323
Someone from the UK posted this in reply to another Brit who stays up special to watch every night Because the vlogs are such a lovely end to her dayView attachment 125323!
I'm British. But I watch for very different reasons! 😂🤣😂🤣
Me too. I only watch to give my honest opinion as an autistic person as to what's going on and what Abbie is really thinking and feeling. I started watching their videos after seeing a link to the ABA at the Supermarket video in a blog I was reading by an autistic person on why ABA is abuse and I was shocked by what I saw (that was one of several example videos in that blog)
I also heard what all the other people in the autistic community think and they don't like it either, especially because they filmed her on the toilet and melting down.
I also don't understand why they don't turn the camera off immediately when she has a meltdown or put music on/give her a stim toy to calm her down as that would really help her. No autistic person should have their meltdowns or toilet visits aired on YouTube.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep. The big lady is something else. She dosen't give two fucks about anything except being 19 again and her "work".
And the work is scrolling social media and playing with makeup...she is the laziest person in the world. Even her cooking is lazy and the only reason she cooks is to have constant access to touching and creeping on food without having to explain it

• Haha
  • Heart
Hey guys just need a little advice or just need to vent a little about this., so my two and half year old cousin just recently got an autism diagnosis.he hasn’t talked yet, not potty trained... so they started early intervention and he started talking a little bit, just words here and there, but then the covid happened and the therapy had to come to a holt, he’s already not talking again and I just recently found out that his mom has to lock away all the knives because he got them and chased his older brother with knives 😰 so scary, I hope he doesn’t get more violent and also I was wondering about other people’s experiences with this? I pray he is not as severe as Ab but it may be too soon to tell? Thoughts? No smearing stories yet either so I really hope he doesn’t do that..this is my first time with autism anything, I came across FA on accident and just found them interesting(not anymore lol now it’s just a train wreck I have to watch), thanks for letting me vent a bit ☺ You guys are like friends 💖
Feel free to talk to me, I'm autistic myself. Have you spoken to your aunt and uncle about the idea of an AAC? That would really help with his communication if he's non-verbal. Does he have a tablet? His parents could download an AAC app on that and he'll be able to use it as a communication tool. I'd suggest joining Autism Inclusivity on Facebook. It's run by autistic adults including one of my besties who uses an AAC and they provide advice and support to parents and relatives of autistic kids and adults. I'm also in the group.

• Heart
Abbie wouldn’t qualify for SS... Now, with Medicaid, she would through the state waiver..

When a child reaches 17–1/2 years of age, a legal guardian can apply for guardianship or claim power of attorney for someone. In Abbie’s case, they will need to claim full guardianship, due to her severity of IDD/ASD. They cannot apply early but must apply before she turns 18 years old. After she turns 18 and until the paperwork is done, they would have no legal standings in medical decisions or legal realms.
Most parents in this arena know they have to claim some part of their child (turned adults) freedoms because of their disability.
Onto the legality about doing it. Most counties have a lawyer that handles these cases daily. If you call one of your local non-profits, they can put you in touch with them. It is a standard fee on scheduling for most. The state has to provide a separate lawyer for the child, to give them a voice but they only see what the doctor’s and therapist write and go based on their level of severity.
She would be a slam dunk, for her parents to get full guardianship. Isaiah or Summer would then be listed in a will, to have a change of legal guardianship done, if both A&P were disabled beyond being able to function and care for Abbie or passed away..
Children can't get SSI or SSD?

Reactions: 1
🎶I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts🎶
Haha! Abbie didn't like her shirt either, she tried to rip it off her. You can see her hand she was sitting on the floor next to her. I was watching her live again from yesterday in case i missed something and someone asked her if slimelife products were made in the U.S. she had no idea...said "um..they are made all over". I would think someone who's been with the company as long as she has that she'd know the answers to the questions being asked. She literally has no clue about the products she sells. Ugh...she just bugs the crap out of me!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
He sounds like my youngest! My guy is three now. He didnt respond ever (I legit thought he had hearing issues) and we have had to put extra locks on the doors and windows because he was escaping. We also have to lock the scissors and knives away for the same reason.

My child was able to have a year of therapy before covid derailed things. He was nonverbal, couldnt even say mama. He has a lot of simple commands now, and its wonderful!

Has the mom been able to watch any therapy? Is she in contact with the therapists? If she knows what they were doing, she can do similar things to prevent him from regressing. Labeling with physical objects helps a lot. The word doesnt need to be perfect; just an approximation of it.

I have done high rewards for speech. Until my child was able to reliably recall an object, he would always get the item (unless dangerous, of course). It reinforces the speech. Obviously the rewards need to be dialed back eventually, but this has been most successful for us.

So for us, my 3yo will say something like, "nananan?" And I'll say, "oh, do you want spiderman?" Then go get it for him. I label his emotions too when I can.

I've seen people get annoyed with P saying "oh are you so excited?!" But this is something I've been doing with both kids for years. It helps them to put words to what is happening.

This is long but I hope this helps? Please feel free to message me.

• Heart
I think a lot of youtubers must watch some sort of vlog advice, I've seen many vloggers start their video with the shots of the coffee brewing. Maybe it's supposed to be happy noise, attention getting, too bad it turns into phoney balogna videos. PS, Someone mentioned those legging things Abbie wears all the time, they look nasty to me, dirty/faded. I wish they'd hire someone to clean the laundry.
They need to dress her in clothes without the dreaded puzzle pieces on as it's an offensive, ableist hate symbol for the autistic community. It implies that autistic people are broken and need solving and it's a symbol associated with eugenics used by Autism Speaks, who want us cured. She is a person, not a puzzle, so they should just put leggings with cute patterns on her or maybe something with the rainbow infinity symbol on, which autistic people prefer.

They use buzz words like "regression" and "attention seeking".
If they had half a brain they would see these 2 things are closely related.
Neglected children seek attention.
When they don't receive it, they regress.
Abbie mostly gets negative attention because those 2 hambeasts are too busy to be bothered by her.
She's figured out that if she barks, growls and begs they pay attention to her.
I realize SHE isn't an animal but as a direct result of being neglected her survival instincts kicked in.
Being profoundly IDD with a side of Autism and non verbal, this is how she communicates.
Being neglected explains a lot of her behaviors.
IMO
I think she also yells as a way of saying "Stop filming me!" or "Leave me alone" or "I'm overwhelmed/angry". They need to teach her the signs for this so that they actually leave her be when she wants the camera off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was watching this Vlog, and at 4:55 Abbie's therapist that had been working with her since 2015 begins to talk about how she works specifically with Abbie. Speech therapy is interesting.

The thing I noticed here! At around 9 minutes...the speech lady starts to say something about Abbie's extensive medical problems...and Asa conveniently broke into the convo complaining about the noise outside.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
OMG As I was watching this I had so many things to say.But they got to be so many and I forgot them all...

One I did remember was their crazy defense of Asa being the one to hygiene Abbie.

Those 2 are real sleezebags.
IMO
Knowing what we know now, looking at this old video, it's very telling.
It's what they don't say a lot of times.
They hide things.
Or attempt to.
IMO
I

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The thing I noticed here! At around 9 minutes...the speech lady starts to say something about Abbie's extensive medical problems...and Asa conveniently broke into the convo complaining about the noise outside.
Great catch!!! You are absolutely right....he totally stopped that convo from happening. She said "Abbie has a lot of medical background and physiology and anatomy" So...Asa would claim her medical info is private...but it is not. Nothing else is private with this family. They need to stop with the Autism thing,...that is not Abbie's main diagnosis.

• Heart
this is a trainwreck
I have no idea what just happened to my other quote that I was typing. If you see a strange, half typed quote that doesn't make sense, sorry about that. It just disappeared! Anyways, I wouldn't be able to handle this nutty tit. I really would've already have been dead a long time ago if I had to put up with this type of stuff. (What I mean is, I would've already had a bunch of strokes and heart attacks due to my blood pressure shooting up too high. If I get stressed out, my blood pressure always shoots up. I'm not just being dramatic either. If I get stressed, it will shoot up to 200/130 and I'll end up I'm ICU. If I had to put up with Abigail yelling, constantly busting in on me, stripping naked everytime she busted in the bathroom and all of the other bullshit behavior all the time, I would be dead.) You could tell that the big lady was getting frustrated and just gritting her teeth through the entire thing. This "team" she has built is just running on borrowed time. It's just a matter of time before her huge jenga tower collapses.

Hey yall!
okay I'm gonna get some heat for this but I'm ready.
I dont understand why people hate that puzzle piece as a symbol of autism. I understand when you say it seems like its saying you are broken & need fixing.
But, kind of, isnt that the truth? Okay, maybe I wouldnt wanna say "broken" but the causes and questions about autism are still kind of a mystery...its a difference and people want to make it "right".
If you had a daughter with Abbie's problems (and yes...they are problems) and someone asked you if it were possible to make her be able to be a true teenage girl doing all the things most teenage girls do..
wouldnt you say yes?
Now...I can understand the autism community being a bit upset about the puzzle piece for higher functioning autistic people..so I guess my feelings are only for those who truly need "fixing". And I'm sorry, but yes, I think Abbie needs "fixing". Her brain is wired differently okay I get that. But the way its wired isnt conducive to the world she lives in.
This is JMO and I'm certainly no expert.

• Heart
Scanning the comments on Facebook for comments...found some gems...enjoy!
Jesus christ!! I love each and every one of them equally!!!

Hey yall!
okay I'm gonna get some heat for this but I'm ready.
I dont understand why people hate that puzzle piece as a symbol of autism. I understand when you say it seems like its saying you are broken & need fixing.
But, kind of, isnt that the truth? Okay, maybe I wouldnt wanna say "broken" but the causes and questions about autism are still kind of a mystery...its a difference and people want to make it "right".
If you had a daughter with Abbie's problems (and yes...they are problems) and someone asked you if it were possible to make her be able to be a true teenage girl doing all the things most teenage girls do..
wouldnt you say yes?
Now...I can understand the autism community being a bit upset about the puzzle piece for higher functioning autistic people..so I guess my feelings are only for those who truly need "fixing". And I'm sorry, but yes, I think Abbie needs "fixing". Her brain is wired differently okay I get that. But the way its wired isnt conducive to the world she lives in.
This is JMO and I'm certainly no expert.
I didn't know that ppl hated the puzzle piece symbol. If they hate it so much, why don't they just change it? I think that any person, autism or not, that acts like Abigail needs fixing. Behavior like that just isn't acceptable anywhere in the world. (Except in the Maass Squad living room and in their bent minds.) I just don't know how the behavior is going to be fixed if nobody will get up off their ass and work to fix it. They always talk about work, work, work but, they won't work to fix what really needs to be fixed. It's crazy, in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.