Fathering Autism #22 Bored, lazy, getting fatter. Scams, gift cards are all that matter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long are they going to leave those stretchy pants a fan sent Abbie sitting on the counter?
Ha! Good eye!
They love leaving tit laying around for long periods of time.
Like laundry, toilet paper and things they can't be bothered with apparently.
šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How long are they going to leave those stretchy pants a fan sent Abbie sitting on the counter?
Itā€™s because he must be vlogging barely 4 of 7 days. This vlog couldā€™ve been the morning after the PO Box opening. Or...just laziness. But rest assured, heā€™s stacking vlogs. Doesnā€™t he look like he sleeps 15 hr days/nights?!

But remember....he breaks one day into several vlogs. This could be the next morning for all we know lol
lol...pinky wish!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Someone posted a video (last thread) which referred to this movie. ā€œFreaksā€ (1932) Fascinating movie. (Just a short clip)

Reactions: 9
I honestly do not understand why and/or what their warped logic is, on not using all these boring hours to work on potty training Abbie.
The only thing I can think of is, 1. They are just too lazy. 2. She's just too profoundly IDD to ever get it.
Yet they work on colors, SCAVENGER HUNTS, housework things and the list of uselessness ( I made up a new word) BS goes on and on.
We see she can't retain information and most of the time does not seem to even know she's in the world.
Sad but truth.
IMO
Totally agree.
If Abbie was my kid, the #1 most important thing for me would be potty training.
Followed by teeth brushing.
This finding leaves and matching colors means nothing & is in no way going to change her future life. If she can match 2 yellows or not honestly makes no difference. But not having to wear diapers the rest of her life actually could have a positive impact.

And btw...I love your new word

Ok. They didnā€™t even change clothes. But I do think they still do, & take days off. Why was he lying then? He did film the rest of the nite. What an idiot! (2 pics from yesterday & 2 from today)
Do they think the humpers are too stupid to notice? Yes....and they're looking thru love-colored glasses...so the humpers got 2 strikes against themselves before they even start.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Itā€™s sad, but, they probably donā€™t spend a lot of potty training bc sheā€™s hopeless to learn...itā€™s probably very depressing and stressful knowing how itā€™s going to end up... I find myself getting anxiety when they start sessions of teaching her anything hoping that she wonā€™t freak out

• Heart
Reactions: 18
yes and then he told Big Prilly (thank you @RocketQueen) that when she goes back to the store (she was making a list even though she JUST went the day before) she needs to get more because ā€œAbby took the last onesā€. šŸ™„

literally the only thing I bothered to pay attention to for that whole 20 minutes. WHY do you need to keep going back to the store?? I donā€™t see them eating takeout as much which is a good thing, but when you buy all that tit and keep buying more and more and just let it sit until it goes bad... what is the bleeping point?
It seems like the only reason P buys as much as she does and then it doesn't last very long is that she makes such huge portions at one time for everyone. Sometimes she has said she likes to have leftovers (to give to Abbie). But it really seems like the truth is that she makes enough food to feed like 12 people in one go. Everyone gets huge portions on their plates and probably almost all of them go for second helpings.

Itā€™s sad, but, they probably donā€™t spend a lot of potty training bc sheā€™s hopeless to learn...itā€™s probably very depressing and stressful knowing how itā€™s going to end up... I find myself getting anxiety when they start sessions of teaching her anything hoping that she wonā€™t freak out
I don't entirely think the reason is that she's hopeless to learn. I think it's the same reason it always is, it takes a lot of time, effort and consistency which A&P are just too lazy and unwilling to do. I think they could have gotten a lot farther by now if they had figured out a regimented plan and just stuck with it. Not saying Abbie would be perfect. But I think things would be a lot better.
Plus, other members on this board have mentioned that autistic indivduals can have issues with mind & body connection, knowing when they need to go to the bathroom, knowing when they've had too much food and they're full.

They use buzz words like "regression" and "attention seeking".
If they had half a brain they would see these 2 things are closely related.
Neglected children seek attention.
When they don't receive it, they regress.
Abbie mostly gets negative attention because those 2 hambeasts are too busy to be bothered by her.
She's figured out that if she barks, growls and begs they pay attention to her.
I realize SHE isn't an animal but as a direct result of being neglected her survival instincts kicked in.
Being profoundly IDD with a side of Autism and non verbal, this is how she communicates.
Being neglected explains a lot of her behaviors.
IMO
You nailed it. I think this is true for pretty much all kids. They will misbehave if you've been ignoring/neglecting them and do whatever it takes to get your attention. Sadly, it's usually bad behavior that gets the quickest response. I think this is true for Abbie, in addition to her lacking discipline. Like you said, Abbie has figured out what gets A&P to pay attention to her the quickest and that's to act out in a negative way.

I keep seeing comments saying that Abbie is just too far gone or past the point of help. I really just don't think that's the case. We can all agree that A&P do the absolute bare minimum with her, they don't put in the time and effort, they're not consistent, they don't engage with her one on one and just give her some positive attention. That has a HUGE impact on Abbie being the way she is. I also think that Abbie being stressed out, anxious, and frustrated by quarantine life and any kind of schedule or routine being uncertain and unpredictable, that affects how she responds to the tasks being asked of her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Ever since you mentioned London, I have had "London Calling" in my head....which then leads to "Rock the Casbah". Seriously. Over and over LOL
RocketQueen, you're showing our age. Great songs though and the best era of music IMO. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Some comments from the 5/7/20 Vlog.

Asa, you could have said "Thanks for the tip" but no. Of course not.

comments 583.jpg

comments 58.jpg

comments 582.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally agree.
If Abbie was my kid, the #1 most important thing for me would be potty training.
Followed by teeth brushing.

Yes! A thousand times yes! What have they been doing all this time, sheā€™s wearing a diaper 24/7??? One day the potty training may ā€˜clickā€™ for her, but it looks like theyā€™ve given up already. i donā€™t quite understand how they speak of her future independence when she isnā€™t potty trained. I feel so bad for her, I wish A and P would get their head out of the clouds and get some real help(and I donā€™t mean help like Summer in the house! šŸ™„).

Reactions: 17
It seems like the only reason P buys as much as she does and then it doesn't last very long is that she makes such huge portions at one time for everyone. Sometimes she has said she likes to have leftovers (to give to Abbie). But it really seems like the truth is that she makes enough food to feed like 12 people in one go. Everyone gets huge portions on their plates and probably almost all of them go for second helpings.

I don't entirely think the reason is that she's hopeless to learn. I think it's the same reason it always is, it takes a lot of time, effort and consistency which A&P are just too lazy and unwilling to do. I think they could have gotten a lot farther by now if they had figured out a regimented plan and just stuck with it. Not saying Abbie would be perfect. But I think things would be a lot better.
Plus, other members on this board have mentioned that autistic indivduals can have issues with mind & body connection, knowing when they need to go to the bathroom, knowing when they've had too much food and they're full.

You nailed it. I think this is true for pretty much all kids. They will misbehave if you've been ignoring/neglecting them and do whatever it takes to get your attention. Sadly, it's usually bad behavior that gets the quickest response. I think this is true for Abbie, in addition to her lacking discipline. Like you said, Abbie has figured out what gets A&P to pay attention to her the quickest and that's to act out in a negative way.

I keep seeing comments saying that Abbie is just too far gone or past the point of help. I really just don't think that's the case. We can all agree that A&P do the absolute bare minimum with her, they don't put in the time and effort, they're not consistent, they don't engage with her one on one and just give her some positive attention. That has a HUGE impact on Abbie being the way she is. I also think that Abbie being stressed out, anxious, and frustrated by quarantine life and any kind of schedule or routine being uncertain and unpredictable, that affects how she responds to the tasks being asked of her.
I think Abbie spends 95% of her life stressed, frustrated and anxious. Her loving chaos is their excuse for everything. Between no real schedule and never knowing when someone is going to bop you on the nose, tickle you or just jump out at you she must be a bundle of nerves, I know I would be
The only thing stopping Abbie are her parents and until they take responsibility and follow through with what teachers and therapists want them to do nothing will change. Assa thinks he knows best and is smarter than trained professionals and we know that's not going to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Idk the koolaid is strong

šŸ¤” The comments are still up.
If he hasnā€™t taken them down there is something going on. He deletes comments that are even a little bit critical so Iā€™m sure he would have deleted something as gross as that.
He will be trying to find out who it is but I donā€™t know if there is anything he can do. It really is disgusting but this is what happens when you put yourselves out there, all kinds of sick creeps come crawling out of the woodwork.

Reactions: 11
I think Abbie spends 95% of her life stressed, frustrated and anxious. Her loving chaos is their excuse for everything. Between no real schedule and never knowing when someone is going to bop you on the nose, tickle you or just jump out at you she must be a bundle of nerves, I know I would be
The only thing stopping Abbie are her parents and until they take responsibility and follow through with what teachers and therapists want them to do nothing will change. Assa thinks he knows best and is smarter than trained professionals and we know that's not going to change.
It really makes me sad for Abbie. As I've said before, I don't expect perfection from A&P. No parent is perfect, that's just impossible. There is just so much more they could and should be doing for Abbie. Doing things WITH her (maybe some activities that don't involve food!). I think they could break her of being dependent on getting candy/food for everything. But, again, that would require them putting in some serious effort and putting up with her fussing and tantruming. A&P would rather avoid that at any cost and just be lazy about everything.

I do think it's good that Asa keeps up with some activities like putting the coins in the jar or using the hedgehog toy. In those cases it's not so much understanding the value of each coin or something along those lines. But more focusing on exercising and maintaining her dexterity and fine motor skills. Like the saying goes, if you don't use it, you lose it. I think more activities focusing on her dexterity and fine motor skills would be great for Abbie. Just leaving her to rock on the couch the majority of the day is no good. I remember them showing stuff from JSA where the teacher would work with Abbie on an exercise ball to work on her core strength and balancing. That would be a great thing to start up again as well.

(Pay attention, Asa! I'm giving you content ideas!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.