Fathering Autism #22 Bored, lazy, getting fatter. Scams, gift cards are all that matter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abbie barges in the room several times, P seems annoyed a little.
Between the loud constant honking & clapping, my nerves are shot.🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

🐷 was not happy!! It was actually hilarious watching her get interrupted so many times by Abbie...while watching her try to deal with Abbie one on one, while live, as she had to try and compose herself.
2029A58F-E33F-4844-ACB5-AB527C89DCD8.jpeg

Abbie grabbed 🐷’s arm - and now it looks looks like a butt crack 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂😂
8055FFB9-4C82-4B19-9073-E8216970415A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Between the loud constant honking & clapping, my nerves are shot.🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

🐷 was not happy!! It was actually hilarious watching her get interrupted so many times by Abbie...while watching her try to deal with Abbie one on one, while live, as she had to try and compose herself.
View attachment 126050

Abbie grabbed 🐷’s arm - and now it looks looks like a butt crack 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😂😂😂
View attachment 126049
Probably the only place Asshole can get in.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
He has learned a good work ethic from you and Asa!!! Y’all work so hard!!! And he really does ... like getting up at 4 am to do photography the other day !!!

That 👆 was a co.ment from Prigly's live.
People are crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
P did a lipstick moo moo live today..it's actually really funny. Abbie barges in the room several times, P seems annoyed a little. There were some rude comments, she ignores most of them but at the end someone tells her they don't like her shirt...you can see in her face she wanted to be really snarky...and barely holds it together. The before and after is amazing....not really better, just that she looks drastically different from start to finish.
You forgot these...she just has to touch her face! Stop it! (I couldn’t watch past the first few minutes so I only took the 2 shots, I’m sure there’s a ton more of her touching her face!)

My goodness!😂😂
That ugly ass shirt she had on during her live wasn't doing her any favors.
Wow.
I agree, and she kept pulling at it. And it doesn’t cover her upper arms enough, they were flapping around when she put her arms up. At least wear something flattering if you’re being a sales person online!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I was happy to see that Asa let Abbie play with the peg color/shape/number toy that a subscriber gave her. I really wish they would drop the typical teen thing and let her play with things she enjoys. Sure, it's not "typical teen" behavior, but it provides her with enrichment and happiness. I remember a bit back when he was talking about how he only took sponsors he and his family would genuinely use. He mentioned a toy subscription box for kids, but said he turned it down because Abbie would probably only be interested in the box they offered for children who were a few months old. So? If she would enjoy that box, then why not try it? Because he doesn't want to admit that she would really like it. I think Priscilla and Asa are still in denial about Abbie's abilities and future. I understand that parents go through a period of 'mourning' whenever they learn that their child is different than they expected (whether that's due to disability, sexuality, or anything else). As much as I hate this phrase (I think it makes kids feel bad for being different in ways they cannot control) I understand that it is an important process for parents. The final stage of 'mourning' is acceptance, this is when parents are able to move into reality and start helping their child. I really think that Asa, and especially Priscilla, have not fully reached acceptance. I also think all the constant 'advertising' of Abbie's autism is a way to feed their egos (like, see how accepting we are) because they cannot brag about Abbie having typical achievements (i.e. graduating high school, being accepted to college, participating in sports or the arts, etc.) I also think this is why they, again mostly Priscilla, make such a huge deal out of what Isaiah does (not that his accomplishments aren't impressive, but I've never seen parents act like they do over their kids achievements). I think another reason they make such a big deal about Isaiah is almost as a way of saying "see, Abbie would be above average too if it weren't for her autism (something we cannot control), or parenting (what we can control) is so effective".
The subscription box was labeled by age and it hurt Asa's feelings that the things at her level were labeled "for babies 6 - 8 months" or whatever. I can understand being a little annoyed by it, but like you said, if Abbie would enjoy the subscription they should swallow their pride and meet her at her level.
I've always thought it was the other way around re: A and P's acceptance of Abbie's future prospects. I think Priscilla understands the severity of Ab's impairments and that's why she freezes her out and pretends Summer is her real daughter. I think Asa (as someone here said recently) is still secretly waiting for Abbie's savant moment, or at least genuinely expects some drastic improvement. He is her main caregiver, after all, and he knows all (he thinks) and look at all the change she has made in only such and such amount of time (sarcasm).
They both cling to the autism label because it is trendy. I hate to say that, because I know there are people here who genuinely struggle with the effects of autism either with themselves or their children. But it is a buzzword, a popular topic that you will find a multitude of information and opinions about. The topic of IDD is kind of swept under the rug. Kids are mocked, called mean names and thought of as "less than." Autism...the message you often get is that your brain is just wired differently. Also, you have this whole exclusive community to commiserate with. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, but easier for most people to be upfront about. Maybe it's time they talked about it, though.
I don't really think Isaiah is much more than slightly above average, but they do put a lot of pressure on him to compensate for what they miss out on with Abbie.
Funny story they told in a live once. At the first awards ceremony for You Tube they attended (it might have been the Shorty? Awards but not sure), Isaiah had been excitedly going up to everyone and saying "we're from Fathering Autism!" and someone mistook him and Asa for a gay couple who were co-parenting Abbie. When they called the Maass family up for the award, the presenters were like "come on up, guys!" and were kind of looking at Priscilla like "who is she?" Ha, they obviously thought Isaiah was a lot older than he is, and I guess the name of the channel doesn't really include Priscilla, but it just kind of shows how detached she is when she isn't putting on a show, like dancing around when Abbie matches her colors correctly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The subscription box was labeled by age and it hurt Asa's feelings that the things at her level were labeled "for babies 6 - 8 months" or whatever. I can understand being a little annoyed by it, but like you said, if Abbie would enjoy the subscription they should swallow their pride and meet her at her level.
I've always thought it was the other way around re: A and P's acceptance of Abbie's future prospects. I think Priscilla understands the severity of Ab's impairments and that's why she freezes her out and pretends Summer is her real daughter. I think Asa (as someone here said recently) is still secretly waiting for Abbie's savant moment, or at least genuinely expects some drastic improvement. He is her main caregiver, after all, and he knows all (he thinks) and look at all the change she has made in only such and such amount of time (sarcasm).
They both cling to the autism label because it is trendy. I hate to say that, because I know there are people here who genuinely struggle with the effects of autism either with themselves or their children. But it is a buzzword, a popular topic that you will find a multitude of information and opinions about. The topic of IDD is kind of swept under the rug. Kids are mocked, called mean names and thought of as "less than." Autism...the message you often get is that your brain is just wired differently. Also, you have this whole exclusive community to commiserate with. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, but easier for most people to be upfront about. Maybe it's time they talked about it, though.
I don't really think Isaiah is much more than slightly above average, but they do put a lot of pressure on him to compensate for what they miss out on with Abbie.
Funny story they told in a live once. At the first awards ceremony for You Tube they attended (it might have been the Shorty? Awards but not sure), Isaiah had been excitedly going up to everyone and saying "we're from Fathering Autism!" and someone mistook him and Asa for a gay couple who were co-parenting Abbie. When they called the Maass family up for the award, the presenters were like "come on up, guys!" and were kind of looking at Priscilla like "who is she?" Ha, they obviously thought Isaiah was a lot older than he is, and I guess the name of the channel doesn't really include Priscilla, but it just kind of shows how detached she is when she isn't putting on a show, like dancing around when Abbie matches her colors correctly.
It definitely hurt their feelings with the subscription box. I can't recall if it was A or P (probably Asa) who made a face and said: "But, she's almost 15!". Yes, physically she's almost fifteen years old - mentally she isn't and the sooner you guys accept that - the better! Their damn pride is hindering Abbie and depriving her of stuff she can actually relate to and get some enjoyment out of. So she loves toys that are meant for babies or toddlers - so what?? That's what makes her happy! It's not a bad thing and it isn't some failure as parents to admit and accept that.
In some ways P does accept that Abbie is limited - like the ones you mentioned. In other ways, P still tries to force the "typical teenager" thing on Abbie. Like redoing her bedroom, giving her a 'special day' to get her hair done and dressed up when JSA put on their prom. Other videos where she has a pretend spa day with Abbie. P is also usually the first one to turn something down that's geared toward the baby/toddler level and points out that Abbie is a teenager. Or she tries to convince the viewers (and herself) that Abbie is no longer interested in sensory toys and that she's grown out of it when it's plain as day that isn't true.
There is definitely a larger and more popular autism community than there is an IDD community. For sure. It gets more clicks and views on youtube so that's what they focus on. One of the many problems with what they're doing is that they are giving the impression that the kind of behavior Abbie displays is what other parents of autistic kids can potentially expect.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Wouldn't the fans think, the this Father of Autism, that has so much advice and so much experience, would do better than post it notes for Abbie? I mean the color blocks on pegs have been around forever, I used that teaching my toddlers colors, shapes and numbers. Why doesn't she have more "toys" like this, more sensory toys and learning toys? He is totally lost teaching Abbie anything, that's why she isn't potty trained, he has no clue how or what to do. He cannot take advice from anyone, even professionals. If the fans cannot see how inadequate a parent he is with this special girl? They are blind and brain washed, it amazes me.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Goodnight Irene.
I bet we don’t see any of those toys again.

Reactions: 11
if I was brandi, id run far and fast from the family and I’d shout at the top of my lungs to avoid the maass family
I would too! Everything she does Ass and Pri undo it! If I was there to work with a child, I’d request that the parents NOT INTERFERE. They could observe me and when we were done, I’d answer any question that they had.

Reactions: 13
Cilla's dance party. Starts at 4:41

Oh dear.

Omg ..... I haven’t been reading these comments for awhile , I’ve been busy with work ... Mother’s Day weekend I’m relaxing and first thing I do is come right here ..😂😂😂😂 can I just say how frigin funny you all are ! Each one of you guys say exactly what I’m thinking and hotographers profile photo 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂... omg I’m crying laughing .... ok carry on ......
welcome back x

I am awarding some points to A&P for doing the activity with the cones, hoops, and sandbags. Color matching aside, it's an activity that works on her coordination and motor skills which is a plus. One point deducted for the false over-enthusiasm from P. She is trying too hard to convince us that she really does love Abbie and it just comes off as so fake and disingenuous. Another point awarded for actually interacting with Abbie and engaging with her. It's good to see things aren't 100 percent complete trash.

I think it's mainly P's pride. Just like she's too proud to accept social assistance and looks down on those who do, she can't bear the thought of Abbie being more interested and entertained by toddler toys.
Goes back to P being the Jacksonville version of Hyacinth Bucket!
View attachment 126041
I love Hyacinth.

Last edited:
Princess Abbie did it again.
The whole show was about food, in this case the damn cereals.
They should have send her to her room, close the door and when she's back on "normal" behavior, she can be allowed to come back.
Her grin after the massive man promisid her cookies said it all.

Reactions: 4
I’ve never heard them say this. But do you think Abbie eats her own feces if given a chance? Talk about recycling at its finest.

Yeah. I do remember when Priscilla said clearly she wouldn’t wish Abbie to be NT, not autistic and it would change who she is or was. I don’t remember the exact words but I did not understand it. She wouldn’t want a daughter who was potty trained, able to speak to her, attend high school, go to a real prom and someday move away and get married?Why is she saying this? Instead, she seems to have checked out as her mother (can’t say as I blame her), and the 24 hour care of this girl is wearing everyone down. There are instances where a caregiver just drives into a river or something similar because the stress and burden of caring for a girl like Abbie (full time care) is too much. When it gets to this point....between your own mental health and safety....I agree with some of you that the best thing is to put her in a home or something where she is cared for by others. Would Abbie know the difference? Who knows.
I agree with you and have noticed this a few times. Some people with disabled children will say they wouldn't change them, but I also find that hard to believe. I think that parents want the very best for their children so why would wish a disability on them if you could change it.
I think they tell themselves that to make them able to deal with the situation they are in.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Did I imagine it or did they briefly mention something about JSA moving locations? If so that seems a bit strange as I thought they had gotten planning permission etc to build the group home there and also the gardens they’ve been working on to sell fruit, veg and plants were well established.

Did I imagine it or did they briefly mention something about JSA moving locations? If so that seems a bit strange as I thought they had gotten planning permission etc to build the group home there and also the gardens they’ve been working on to sell fruit, veg and plants were well established.
Yeah. 🐷 Said something like 'she will be in a new building' next year (September) Maybe it because she is older. Perhaps her next school year is just in a different part of the school?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.