Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking the same thing I have never seen her wear glasses!!
Since she ‘works’ so much they are probably the blue light blocking glasses. The woman is glued to her phone/computer so she is most likely getting headaches.

Reactions: 10
I wonder how long it took her to come up with that heart warming message??? She was more than likely thinking about it since last week.
Just a PSA for the leghumpers to get shopping for her birthday lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I wish 🐷 face would just stfu
I am just about autism princessed out
They want her to be that so bad that they can't stand it. Well, I'm the MSQueen and I'm so happy that I have MS!! (Sarcasm) That tit just makes me want to puke. duck the big lady. I swear, that's the only thing I would waste my breath saying to Priscilla Maass..."duck you".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Lamelife gifted Cilla with a Peloton Bicycle. Let's see how much they use it.

I think she will feel obligated to use it since its from her wonderful company and they are crazy expensive. My niece bought one for over $3000 and it doesn't even have everything you can get. She will want to prove a point to her fucktard girls...how successful you too can be! And Asshole had to say he will race her on the treadmill to see who wins. Everything is a competition with that jerk. He does not want her losing more weight. It makes him look bigger and less in control.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
1) Using full sentences - no. At least I personally don't think it was intentional (I could be wrong - I'd actually love to be wrong since it would genuinely be evidence of growth for Abbie). And if she was doing it with purpose and not just pressing random images of things she likes, that's what I want to see. You can't tell me that with all the time A spends filming they haven't once got this on camera. It's always 'you just missed it!'

2) "You need some french fries in your life!" STOP REWARDING HER WITH FOOD!!! You are killing her ability to tell whether she's hungry or not and the food you give her is almost always unhealthy - a treat is perfectly fine now and then, but not every time!

3) Making her bed - it's way too big a task for her. Don't set her up to fail. Just ask her to please help put the pillows and her stuffie on the bed - something she can actually do and feel accomplished about.

4) "Time for life skills!" Weren't they just talking about going for lunch? And yet she still hasn't had a bath, gotten dressed, etc. DUDE! Also, brushing her own hair. Hmm. Fair enough, it's an appropriate skill to learn, but I'm not sure if we're there just yet. And even he was just a-yanking at her hair - I think there's one reason why it's so thin and damaged looking.

5) Priscilla in a towel. I did not need to know that Asa.

6) These people are obsessed with colors.

7) Isaiah I'm so glad you shaved, bro. Hair's not bad either, to be honest. I totally only ever get a brother/sister vibe from Isaiah & Summer (I respect that others feel differently). Does summer ever actually do anything with Abbie besides tickling, nose booping, and sitting with her on the couch?

8) What's for supper, P? It looks like meat & potatoes followed by cookies - after fast food for lunch. :rolleyes:
Someone in the comments suggested zip up bedding and Asa replied and said it’s too expensive and that it also doesn’t teacher her how to make up her bed.

Whats wrong with finding alternatives?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Someone in the comments suggested zip up bedding and Asa replied and said it’s too expensive and that it also doesn’t teacher her how to make up her bed.

Whats wrong with finding alternatives?
I think the zip up bedding would be perfect for Abby and if anything would help teach her how to make a bed. I agree with you, why not find alternatives that work!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So anyone here a barber or cosmetologist? (me) tell me how you enjoyed the haircut.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think the zip up bedding would be perfect for Abby and if anything would help teach her how to make a bed. I agree with you, why not find alternatives that work!
Hmm. Asa has taught her to make up her bed? Tell me how that's worked out for you Asa.

Left over footage of Cilla and Sandy from tonight's Vlog.

1588553859781.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Whoever wolf child is, they made a wonderful post!
I hope she saw it!!!
She sure af needed to!
😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
To, @WoahThatsCrazy,

Well absoutlely not, I don't want to cause division or anything, etc x And your last sentence, yes, that's correct, but sadly, there are many ablest people out there in the word who love to make fun of disabled people and discriminate and not give out resources :(x

I agree that there are many people who do those things, but it seemed like you were directing this at the ppl who comment on here as if most of us are guilty of doing this. If you meant it in more of a broad or general sense, then I can understand that more.

I'd have to refresh my memory, but I believe you said that people told Abbie 'hands waiting' while doing tasks so that she'd concentrate better? Please feel free to remind me, I don't want to be mistaken :)

Yes, I mentioned the "hands-waiting" gesture. But I meant it as a way of getting her attention and letting her know that they'd like her to do something. I know that it can be used in the wrong way and in a more restrictive/controlling way and that it has the potential to be used abusively. My point was just that I don't think 'hands waiting' is a bad thing all together. If she's getting really worked up about something and it's escalating, hands waiting can be used to try to intervene. If an NT kid was having a really hard time with something, of course you want to find out why and to do what you can to help, but when the energy is building and building you might try something to stop it from becoming frantic and out of control. I don't mean this as a way to make things more convenient for the parent, but more so to help the person who is becoming overwhelmed.
These are just my thoughts on it. I don't claim to be an expert.

I agree that there are still many misconceptions and misunderstandings that NT people have when it comes to autism and other conditions and I agree that people should be called out on it if it necessary. My point is that there are some of us NT people who are genuinely trying to understand and who are open to being educated and it's a bit confusing and frustrating to just be lumped in with the neurotypical bias/ablest people.

Some ppl feel that Abbie is as far as she's going to get and that there's nothing going on upstairs. While I don't think Abbie is greatly more intelligent, aware etc than what we see, I do think she is still capable of more. That she isn't a total lost cause that shouldn't even be bothered with. I think there's a lot more she can do - but it would require her parents to put in a lot more time, effort, and consistency for her to make that progress.
Well said, thank you for your reply x

Reactions: 2
Whoever wolf child is, they made a wonderful post!
I hope she saw it!!!
She sure af needed to!
😂😂
If its still on there, shed didn't see it.

So anyone here a barber or cosmetologist? (me) tell me how you enjoyed the haircut.
You mean the conair plug? Wonder if she shaves his pits too, lol.

♥♥♥♥♥

Today’s vlog 😴

He does so many jump cuts I wanted to see if she was going to grab the sheet but NOPE jump cut to the bed magically being made.

Also when he talks about her learning on her iPad they never go into detail about it. They just say omg Abbs you’re doing full sentences on your tablet. Like wow if my daughter did that for the first time my reaction wouldnt be “Wow Ab, Girl you need some french fries in your life”.:rolleyes:

Ewww Summer is turning into mini Zilla.

She does that alot too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Hannah'sMama

The problem with 'hands-waiting' (imo) is that it's kind of a blanket way of trying to gain attention, conformity, etc. I would rather see something that is tailored to the individual and allows them to self-soothe in a more helpful way. Just as an example, I was told to use my 'sweet voice' as a child when my volume would start to creep up. As a result, I still tend to revert into a Priscilla like voice (I know, it's horrible) when I'm excited, stressed, or emotional in another way. What my caregivers should have done is something like take me outside to have a big yell, take a deep breath, gently ask me to assign a volume level to myself and to 'turn it down' to whatever is appropriate to a situation, etc.

In other words, if 'hands-waiting' works for someone without causing distress, I think it's perfectly fine. But if it seems to cause even more tension (as I feel it does with Abbie, YMMV), then other methods should be explored.
[/QUOTE]
You are amazing at explaining things, my jaw drops with amazement! And the "sweet voice" thing? Hm, that sounds a tad like tone policing to me lol, and it sounds like you have a bit of post traumatic stress related to that, if you *still* end up doing that when getting hyper, exicted etc. (Of course, I'm not trying to speak for you, just my train of thought. :) )
I love how the autistic people on this forum are standing together and helping explain things, in the hopes that it will educate the wider society and maybe A&P! xD

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think she will feel obligated to use it since its from her wonderful company and they are crazy expensive. My niece bought one for over $3000 and it doesn't even have everything you can get. She will want to prove a point to her fucktard girls...how successful you too can be! And Asshole had to say he will race her on the treadmill to see who wins. Everything is a competition with that jerk. He does not want her losing more weight. It makes him look bigger and less in control.
I really hate to exercise, but I bought myself a bike 3 weeks ago and I am riding at least 1/2 hour everyday. It is liberating. I loathe the exercise bike because it is so boring not to be going anywhere. Maybe that would be a suggestion for her to exercise..sell the expensive stationary bike and buy a bike you can ride around the neighborhood. More beneficial than that darn scooter too.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.