Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure they do throw alot of it away. There was one vlog where they brought out some neat looking table and actually said that it had been sitting in their garage for a year before they even looked at it. Apparently, a fan had made it and sent it to them a long time ago and they didn't even bother to look at it.
See why do fans even bother if the Maass's can't even bother to look at stuff from their fans!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Today’s vlog 😴

He does so many jump cuts I wanted to see if she was going to grab the sheet but NOPE jump cut to the bed magically being made.

Also when he talks about her learning on her iPad they never go into detail about it. They just say omg Abbs you’re doing full sentences on your tablet. Like wow if my daughter did that for the first time my reaction wouldnt be “Wow Ab, Girl you need some french fries in your life”.:rolleyes:

Ewww Summer is turning into mini Zilla.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Oh tit!
You caught me with my plate full!
Look at her hair.
Aunt Bea would not be amused.
😄
Oh. Conair sponsored her.
We gotta send them emails to vette who they sponsor better.
Leave a little info about this 🐖 and her PT Barnum husband perhaps?
😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
To, @WoahThatsCrazy,

Well absoutlely not, I don't want to cause division or anything, etc x And your last sentence, yes, that's correct, but sadly, there are many ablest people out there in the word who love to make fun of disabled people and discriminate and not give out resources :(x

I agree that there are many people who do those things, but it seemed like you were directing this at the ppl who comment on here as if most of us are guilty of doing this. If you meant it in more of a broad or general sense, then I can understand that more.

I'd have to refresh my memory, but I believe you said that people told Abbie 'hands waiting' while doing tasks so that she'd concentrate better? Please feel free to remind me, I don't want to be mistaken :)

Yes, I mentioned the "hands-waiting" gesture. But I meant it as a way of getting her attention and letting her know that they'd like her to do something. I know that it can be used in the wrong way and in a more restrictive/controlling way and that it has the potential to be used abusively. My point was just that I don't think 'hands waiting' is a bad thing all together. If she's getting really worked up about something and it's escalating, hands waiting can be used to try to intervene. If an NT kid was having a really hard time with something, of course you want to find out why and to do what you can to help, but when the energy is building and building you might try something to stop it from becoming frantic and out of control. I don't mean this as a way to make things more convenient for the parent, but more so to help the person who is becoming overwhelmed.
These are just my thoughts on it. I don't claim to be an expert.

I agree that there are still many misconceptions and misunderstandings that NT people have when it comes to autism and other conditions and I agree that people should be called out on it if it necessary. My point is that there are some of us NT people who are genuinely trying to understand and who are open to being educated and it's a bit confusing and frustrating to just be lumped in with the neurotypical bias/ablest people.

Some ppl feel that Abbie is as far as she's going to get and that there's nothing going on upstairs. While I don't think Abbie is greatly more intelligent, aware etc than what we see, I do think she is still capable of more. That she isn't a total lost cause that shouldn't even be bothered with. I think there's a lot more she can do - but it would require her parents to put in a lot more time, effort, and consistency for her to make that progress.
I'm in the position of advocating for my brother after he nearly got himself arrested. The above paragraph expresses where I stand on the need for my brother to conform to that he can live somewhat independently
In April, he was stimming when he yelled so loud and punched the walls in his home so hard that the neighbors called the police. He hurt his hand and if the police officers who arrived hadn't been alerted by the neighbors that my brother is autistic and hadn't also understood that helping would be better than arresting, my brother would have wound up in jail.

I don't want my brother to live within the tight confines of assisted living. I also will not allow him to live here. Too many years of being his punching bag and my own need to feel safe at home. The option left is for him to help care for himself, not to harm himself and not disrupt the neighborhood he lives in.
He feels that since he is autistic he has the right to behave how he chooses. That he shouldn't be pushed to clean his own home or take care of his own personal hygiene. Or be harrassed about his lashing out and hitting people or breaking things. It reminds him of being pushed to do things as a child.

I wish he had had an easier life. I also know that the world is not going to conform to him. Just because he is autistic and struggles does not make me super human. I can't cope with his anger and his saying that he was fine until I was born if he is living in my home. I have the right to live the rest of my life not covered in bruises and terrified he'll hurt my dogs and cats to get my behavior "in line." If it makes me ableist and NT biased to insist on that I can live with that. I'm a separate entity from him and I get to have the life I built for myself after coming out of that chaos as a young woman stay safe and intact. I matter, too.
Absolutely girl! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
OMG that was an incredibly boring video! Kind of wish I had stayed asleep! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Damn she really wanted us to know she was eating a salad instead of a cookie...okay you already had a FULL plate at dinner. You didn’t need the salad either

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Damn she really wanted us to know she was eating a salad instead of a cookie...okay you already had a FULL plate at dinner. You didn’t need the salad either
Yeah. And they both made it known they were having leftovers for lunch!
I wonder if they actually did though. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lamelife gifted Cilla with a Peloton Bicycle. Let's see how much they use it.

She will have to keep on her diet now. Limelife urges its people to shiw off all the benefits of eorking gir thrm by showering them with expensive gufts. Next she gets a car. All the FA vlogs are turning into Limelife vlogs. Something is mentioned each time about her wins. Notice hiw Asa onced again made fun of her eirh anger in his eyes when she let us all know she was eating a salad while they were eating free cookies. He did not like that one bit. Her weight loss and compliments and success are really starting to eat away at him and make him feel like a nobody. The marriage is crumbling.

• Heart
You know, I was watching some older vlogs this morning and I am noticing that when Asa uses a more stern tone with Abigail, she doesn't do that unnecessary "fussing" tit and gets whatever the task is that is being asked of her, done rather quickly. I wonder why they don't just do that all the time? Like, if they are asking her to get her backpack unpacked and put her things away and she starts in with the bullshit, just say," Stop it!! Get your things out now!!"?? I see no harm in raising one's voice to be stern with someone who needs to be done that way. I'm not saying talk to her like that all the time but, just when needed???
Totally agree!

I was scanning the comments and noticed some suggested they send money to charity's instead because they probably don't have room for all the stuff sent to them...that comment got deleted almost immediately. By the time I went back to take a screenshot of it, it was gone! It wasn't even rude or mean,in fact it was quite nice.
However THIS Has been up for 10 hours! 😂

Reactions: 2
The salad is not the issue. Neither is the cookie. It is the fact that they have no idea what is healthy.
I, on the other hand, know what is healthy and stray from the path constantly.

• Haha
They really want that Dunlin sponsorship.
🐖 could give 2 shits about Abbie.
But she would do ANYTHING by way of exploiting Abbie for that Dunkin money!!
And I mean ANYTHING.
IMO.
She makes me sick.
An idea for another pic of Sweet Girl representing Dunkin'🍩🍩🍩

Screenshot (1015).png
🍩🍩🍩🍩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's almost like some of the hardcore ones have been indoctrinated into a cult. They die to be acknowledged by them, they wanna KNOW them, they wanna be their special friends, tit....they wish they lived in the house next door. WTF???
But don’t you all notice ( I follow a few different channels, one is Marlene McCohen) but every YouTubers have psychotic fans that want to be their friend, it’s really weird, you can like someone from afar lol

Falling down the rabbit hole today. This is Cilla at 14 from Glamour Shots. I need a shot after looking at this. 🍷🥃🍹🍸
View attachment 122092
Falling down the rabbit hole today. This is Cilla at 14 from Glamour Shots. I need a shot after looking at this. 🍷🥃🍹🍸
View attachment 122092
Omg!! Little piggy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Tonight's vlog 3.5.20
Sorry its late. I fell asleep 🤣
1) Using full sentences - no. At least I personally don't think it was intentional (I could be wrong - I'd actually love to be wrong since it would genuinely be evidence of growth for Abbie). And if she was doing it with purpose and not just pressing random images of things she likes, that's what I want to see. You can't tell me that with all the time A spends filming they haven't once got this on camera. It's always 'you just missed it!'

2) "You need some french fries in your life!" STOP REWARDING HER WITH FOOD!!! You are killing her ability to tell whether she's hungry or not and the food you give her is almost always unhealthy - a treat is perfectly fine now and then, but not every time!

3) Making her bed - it's way too big a task for her. Don't set her up to fail. Just ask her to please help put the pillows and her stuffie on the bed - something she can actually do and feel accomplished about.

4) "Time for life skills!" Weren't they just talking about going for lunch? And yet she still hasn't had a bath, gotten dressed, etc. DUDE! Also, brushing her own hair. Hmm. Fair enough, it's an appropriate skill to learn, but I'm not sure if we're there just yet. And even he was just a-yanking at her hair - I think there's one reason why it's so thin and damaged looking.

5) Priscilla in a towel. I did not need to know that Asa.

6) These people are obsessed with colors.

7) Isaiah I'm so glad you shaved, bro. Hair's not bad either, to be honest. I totally only ever get a brother/sister vibe from Isaiah & Summer (I respect that others feel differently). Does summer ever actually do anything with Abbie besides tickling, nose booping, and sitting with her on the couch?

8) What's for supper, P? It looks like meat & potatoes followed by cookies - after fast food for lunch. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.