Fathering Autism #164 In Atha’s Garage Where Secrets Lie, a Treasure trove Trough of Things Gone Awry.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My two kids are both autistic & are extremely different from each other.
Older child (level 1) is nothing like Abbie. They both stim. They both have atypical social interactions. They both have terrible impulse control. They're both kinda bratty. That's about it. Older child handles all their own self care, can cook (age appropriately), is academically advanced, and while they may need some time and support to get themselves fully independent - impulse control is gonna be an issue when it comes to paying bills :rolleyes: - they'll be just fine on their own.
Younger child (level 3) has some crossover. The biggest differences are related to intellectual disability; my child does not seem to have one, but if they do it's mild. And, of course, parenting-related issues don't cross over either. But this child is very socially withdrawn, struggles to communicate, has tons of stims, we've had issues with elopement, absolutely needs things a certain way no matter what, constantly under blankets, horrifically anxious, muscle tone issues.... I see a decent amount of similarities.

It's pretty clear to me as an observer where Abbie struggles with ID vs. autism vs. absolute tit parenting.

I'm not sure that it was necessarily good to lump everything together in the latest DSM. I get why they did - to make sure everyone has access to therapies - but it does seem to have created a lot of confusion with the general public.

I wasn't sure until he bellowed "WELL IT WAS ALL BLACK" in response to Isaiah asking if the radio station he did commercials for was better than some other one, and then "WHO TALKS LIKE THAT?" when everyone brayed like hyenas.

I agree. We've had some of their same struggles and we handled it so differently and now we really don't see much in the way of defiance.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have 2 words to describe stub butt and his witty comments....Jack.Ass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jumping in to get this off my chest.

My daughter was recently diagnosed with autism. (I've mentioned her many times before.) My gut rejects the idea but that is a whole other story that doesn't relate a lot to FA.

But now that I'm part of this "club," I must say that it puts the Masses in a whole new and extremely unfavorable light for me. I believe that without a doubt they have done and are doing a tremendous disservice to those who have been diagnosed with ASD and their families.

My daughter has almost nothing in common with Abbie. I honestly cannot pinpoint a single similarity (except maybe that she has a tendency to be difficult? Is that what autism is?) This channel is called "Fathering Autism", but nothing about what they show resembles our experience parenting our daughter (other than all the trips to therapy--is that what autism is??)

Obviously there is this huge range of ways that autism supposedly manifests itself, so I guess I'm just supposed to accept that these two girls have the same thing even though my daughter is so much closer to "neurotypical" kids that it feels patently absurd to categorize her with a person like Abbie instead.

Abbie has a severe intellectual disability and they pretend it does not exist and just call it all autism. This just sows needless fear in the hearts of viewers about autism. She's also probably got some behavioral issues stemming from crap parenting--but again, they pass it off as "autism".

As we work on getting my daughter more "support", I just find myself resisting doing any of the things they've shown with Abbie. Why would I do ANYTHING the Maasses have done? They're like an endorsement AGAINST all the stuff they show on their channel. We're talking like 10 years of just abject failure trying to force an ID person not be ID marketed as "autism".
May I suggest you check out Kate Swenson her Facebook page is “Finding Coopers Voice”.
Although I don’t have a child with ASD I have learned so much about Autism as she is FAR MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE than the Masses! She also has a support group that will enable you to connect with other Moms,Dads & Grandparents. Just a thought . I’m so glad you realize that Assa hardly represents any valuable ideas at all! (((HUGS)))

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I would love to ask them why was the radio station comment so funny, but I know I would get destroyed in the comments by both the humpers and Asa himself.
My first thought when I heard the Pig laughing hysterically at something that wasn’t that funny was, man she must have been drinking. 😵💫🥴
---
It was Atha. Atha gnawed on the ribs and put them back on the family trough. 😂 Looks like Pig has taken a liking to Mtn. Dew. So long kidneys. (No offense to you Mtn. Dew lovers) It is a shame WLW is in such bad shape. He really is a jovial fella. 😻
Should have had prizes for choosing who licked the ribs before the guests are served. That Asshole has absolutely no manners. Someone in the comment section mentioned in the UK it is considered impolite to wear your hat at the table. I replied it’s the same in the US. But not everyone follows the rules of etiquette. I can’t find those comments anymore, big surprise. I don’t think it’s polite to wear your hat in someone’s house. But the hambeasts are so unmannerly and piggish in all of their behaviors, I think we’ve just forgotten about the hat that is always on Ass’s greasy head. Look at the way they eat with their mouths wide open, their tongues sticking out, the hat is a minor issue compared to their other tit.
---
It was Atha. Atha gnawed on the ribs and put them back on the family trough. 😂 Looks like Pig has taken a liking to Mtn. Dew. So long kidneys. (No offense to you Mtn. Dew lovers) It is a shame WLW is in such bad shape. He really is a jovial fella. 😻
@WowMeowMeowWow, I had trouble understanding what Wayne was saying. He seemed to slur his words together. I don’t know if he had food in his mouth, has had a stroke, his dentures don’t fit, or he has been drinking. 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
My first thought when I heard the Pig laughing hysterically at something that wasn’t that funny was, man she must have been drinking. 😵💫🥴
---

Should have had prizes for choosing who licked the ribs before the guests are served. That Asshole has absolutely no manners. Someone in the comment section mentioned in the UK it is considered impolite to wear your hat at the table. I replied it’s the same in the US. But not everyone follows the rules of etiquette. I can’t find those comments anymore, big surprise. I don’t think it’s polite to wear your hat in someone’s house. But the hambeasts are so unmannerly and piggish in all of their behaviors, I think we’ve just forgotten about the hat that is always on Ass’s greasy head. Look at the way they eat with their mouths wide open, their tongues sticking out, the hat is a minor issue compared to their other tit.
---

@WowMeowMeowWow, I had trouble understanding what Wayne was saying. He seemed to slur his words together. I don’t know if he had food in his mouth, has had a stroke, his dentures don’t fit, or he has been drinking. 🤔
Or all of the above.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
---

---
What is really bad is that he learned to take off his cover (hat) whenever going inside- when he was in the Coast Guard. I really really hate that he was a Coastie.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What is really bad is that he learned to take off his cover (hat) whenever going inside- when he was in the Coast Guard. I really really hate that he was a Coastie.
He wasn’t for long and it didn’t go well.

P’s comment that there is another house that would be perfect for Abbie. She really wants Abbie in a separate dwelling. Or is this new house for GB? Does he need a room with a full bath? They’ve trashed the current house all they can. A new house would be more content.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
---

---

I also had a really hard time understanding WLW. He was talking so fast and slurry.
I don't know what's worse, Tubby rudely wearing hit ball cap at the table or him taking it of and exposing his greasy and dirty hair.
I have to say that I was surprised at how much Candy Cane Lane Bryant has blown up!! Holy smokes, she used to be considerably smaller looking than Twatty and now they are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and we all know which one is Tweedle Dum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
F’ing Hillbillies walking around with pocket knives in a country with so many problems, need to have a long look at yourselves, not to mention selling guns to god knows who in department stores. If Arsewipe is any indication of people with access to such weapons I can see the problem.

Also Arsewipe, “oh I didn’t know you did radio”, entire vlog was scripted with really bad actors.

Drowning drowning you are so desperate.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Wayne looks horrible on the latest vlog. Is it just my imagination or is Wayne mocking African Americans. Maybe I’m hearing it wrong. Donna looks terrible as well.
YES, YES, YES!! I was thinking the same thing!! WTF was that, it seemed a little inappropriate, especially these days. I was like DUDE, you just didn't say that out loud, but Asa could have editted it out and he didn't, so what was his motive?!?!

• Angry
Wayne looks horrible on the latest vlog. Is it just my imagination or is Wayne mocking African Americans. Maybe I’m hearing it wrong. Donna looks terrible as well.
He sure was! And that ignorant sow could not stop guffawing! I hope her customers see this display! 😡

Attachments

Did she go blonde?
She goes blonde when she puts on weight. Someone should tell her that blonde is not slimming🤪
---
The sow posted a picture of her driving Abbie to the therapist. This commentary followed.
How they forget her interactions with her mother in the past. Do they also forget they blockade they had to keep her from the front seat because of what she would do? I think she tried opening the door one time while they were driving. A& P seem to have convenient amnesia when it suits them

• Heart
Ass has now privatized the “Welcome to the Family Video with wide load Wayne and his “Blackcent”. Racist bastard.
I saw that it was unavailable Wonder if he got a lot of pushback
---
When people say that LimeLife costs an arm and a leg, they mean a LOT of money…here’s half of that equation….

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Asa could have editted it out and he didn't, so what was his motive?!?!
Because he saw nothing potentially wrong or offensive about it.
This casual sort of mocking and near-bigotry is a completely normal thing for the family and they agree with both the words spoken and the caged meanings behind them.

He had no motive. This is them behaving themselves in front of a camera.
Imagine what's said when the cameras are off.

Ass has now privatized the “Welcome to the Family Video with wide load Wayne and his “Blackcent”. Racist bastard.
It's so normalized for them to act and speak this way (and worse, when the cameras are off) and now he's sitting there at 1am trying to do damage control while whining and crying about snowflakes and the woke agenda.

I've been watching both his and Isaiah's media consumption change in disturbing ways for over 2 years now. Well, here we are. They've been watching increasingly bad tit and following where the algorithms lead and that's all been leaking out in their everyday language and being terrible people has become so normalized in that household that borderline racist content did not even register to him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.