Fathering Autism #158 Asa wants to raise quail. Prissy the Centaur has a curly tail.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not super experienced in AirBNB’s, but from the ones I have browsed in the past, it has always seemed to me that the owners live somewhat nearby. If it were me, I would want to go in after each rental. Property check, cleaning, etc. I have seen some that the owners go in and restock things like water, snacks, toilet paper, cups, plates, etc. I suppose there are property management companies that may handle the oversight, but they likely will not do the special touches that make the property stand out. The Maassive rental is likely to be abused. May all the bed bugs in the state of NC make a home in the hand me down furniture. 😂
Yeah, you absolutely have to go in between each guest. Just think of the average person you know and how they would leave a hotel room - they're not scrubbing the toilet, they're not washing the bedding, they're not steam cleaning the carpet where they accidentally dripped some coffee. And that's the average person! Think realistically about a huge chunk of the population who leave tit streaks in the toilet and sex fluids in the bed and vomit on the floor. Any hotel housekeeping or front desk forum/subreddit is packed full of horror stories about vacationing guests - the same applies to AirBNBs.

And if the owner themself doesn't or can't come in between each rental they have to pay a property management company to do inspections, handle repairs, etc plus a cleaning service to come in for a full clean after all the rentals.
They also have to pay to keep all the utilities on year-round, including internet because ain't no one staying in an AirBNB without wifi, and they're at the mercy of the guests using however much water they want and keeping the heat/AC cranked as high as they want.

A company who owns several (or many, as things have been going in this field) properties can profit well from it.
An individual who's trying to rent out one property where they live states away and therefore has to outsource everything about the property is going to lose their ass. If, for example, Asa had a property in Jax that he was AirBNBing where he'd do the oversight and management, he'd probably make some profit from it. Having the property in Boone and having to pay someone else to handle everything on top of paying a mortgage on the place ....he'll be extremely lucky if he breaks even.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That's creepy as hell.
---

That'll get 'em delisted from AirBNB quick. Common areas only, must be disclosed ahead of time, must be plainly visible (i.e. not hidden or "spy").
I wouldn’t stay anywhere with cameras even if they were disclosed. One of the many reasons why I don’t do AIRBNBs (in addition to cleaning fees, processing fees, occupancy fees, and
duck you fees🤣). I can get a nicely priced Hyatt place or Springhill suites with a kitchenette & free breakfast for way less for my family of 4. Of course not knocking anyone who rents or owns air BNBs. All of our needs are different so preferences is are to be expected. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Abbie looks sad and stressed there. She clearly didn't want her picture taken
---

I think her sign for drive was two arms if I remember rightly, or she would ask for it on her iPad. That sign is saying "give me some privacy" and I think she uses the bathroom sign to mean this because she doesn't know the signs for "privacy" or "leave me alone" so she signs the closest thing to what she knows is private
Poor Abbie! No one really listens to her communication. How confusing and frustrating for her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm just plain sick of baby Ass and I don't think any excuses should be made for him. I understand he grew up with weird ass parents and was expected to do some 'unusual' things caring for Abbie. But heck we all have childhood crap we carry around. I didn't have it easy and was on my own as soon as I got outta high school at 17. But I take responsibility for my life and never use the excuse of a rough childhood. Baby Ass is 22 now (I think?) and certainly old enough to act and think independently from his big fat slob parents. Time for him to grow a pair, drop the boob, and make a decent life. The very worst thing for him in every way is to be back in the Shack.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm just plain sick of baby Ass and I don't think any excuses should be made for him. I understand he grew up with weird ass parents and was expected to do some 'unusual' things caring for Abbie. But heck we all have childhood crap we carry around. I didn't have it easy and was on my own as soon as I got outta high school at 17. But I take responsibility for my life and never use the excuse of a rough childhood. Baby Ass is 22 now (I think?) and certainly old enough to act and think independently from his big fat slob parents. Time for him to grow a pair, drop the boob, and make a decent life. The very worst thing for him in every way is to be back in the Shack.
I couldn't agree more. I remember leaving University and the very LAST thing I wanted was to move back home. He is a spineless, pathetic individual made worse by the fact he has never worked and has been given everything at a very young age. I, personally, find him repulsive and have yet to hear him utter one intelligent sentence. As whale, he is lazy AF and will just stay put, get fatter and mouldering in the Shack. He needs to show some initiative and get the hell out the whole set up as he will be tarred with their brush of exploitation, scamming, cheating and overall sloth and gluttony.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The patio sits on the upper level, on the back of the townhouse. There is a garage that could be used to store equipment but I could see them blocking it’s usage off because it is just the garage and during bad weather, everyone parks up on top of the hill, to get out and in (if you park down at the houses, the hill is impassable, until it is scraped or melts)..
I can’t see them putting the patio furniture out there either. It is super small and will crowd out the small porch. You really only have a view of trees and down the back of the mountain. There is no other views and nothing down at the bottom of the mountain either..

Like everyone stated, this isn’t a good AirBnB during the spring/summer/fall. They may get 2-3 rentals a month, during this time. The biggest revenue time, will be during the winter and there is a lot of people that do come up to ski. There are even skiing families that will rent houses for 2-3 months, and are instructors and ski patrol, that use the places just on the weekends… Of course, GB will probably tell Mommy he needs it those weekends, to get out of the Florida heat. So, there goes their profits during that time too..
So they are moving their old patio furniture up to Boone? The same furniture that was already at the house when they moved in, the same furniture that those fat sweaty slobs all sat in, and where a lot of Abby's bodily fluids have soaked in. That is so nasty, all the money they have and they can't buy something new for an Airbnb, noooo they will slop that furniture around for years to come. They don't care, they have new furniture now, soon to be Abby's toilet😄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
So they are moving their old patio furniture up to Boone? The same furniture that was already at the house when they moved in, the same furniture that those fat sweaty slobs all sat in, and where a lot of Abby's bodily fluids have soaked in. That is so nasty, all the money they have and they can't buy something new for an Airbnb, noooo they will slop that furniture around for years to come. They don't care, they have new furniture now, soon to be Abby's toilet😄
Yep. One of many reasons that place will be a cesspool.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I stayed in a lovely rental house in Snowdonia a few years ago and each room had an Echo device, they were showing the weather....fairly innocuous I thought but when I went to bed I realised I couldn't have that lighting up the room so put it in the bedside cabinet. As I did so I noticed a button on the back saying 'camera on' and thought wtf !!
Next morning (not being tech savvy) I looked it up on the internet to find out that it couldn't record but could be watched live :mad:
I turned all of them off and stayed the week then contacted Airbnb and sent them the photos of each device, they refunded the entire £900 within a few hours and I expect the owners got a bollocking.
One of the bedrooms was distinctly a childrens bedroom !!!!! 😣

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Any news on the Kylie Krash or the guardianship?
Nothing much. Waiting on the court date for Abbie’s petition and nothing has updated on the wreck…

I wouldn’t put it past Asshat to install cameras everywhere, if he thinks he can get away with it.

The property would be better rented yearly, for some college kids that want to live up there but then, Isaiah couldn’t use it in the winter time. That is why they are wanting to do short term rentals but it is going to backfire so quickly.

I knew a Mom, that had a beautiful house up in TN. They had purchased it and did a huge addition and lived there for 6 years. Once their son got to school age, they wanted to move into a city area, where he wouldn’t be so far from school and friends. They kept the house and tried to Airbnb the thing. She always offered us a weekend, just on expenditures pricing and it was over $250/night, due to property management fees, cleaner fees, utilities and taxes. They didn’t have a mortgage because her husband made very good money and paid the thing off, as soon as they bought it. She shopped around the management company and had went with one that was the cheapest too and the cleaner was the only one willing to do the job.
Well, there was days that her cleaner showed up and left without cleaning because she had reservations that would trash the place. She had things broken a lot and people took off with dishes and other random items. After only 1 year of renting it out, she was done and removed her listing and put the house for sale. She said that overall, they lost around $40k, and never made a dime with their rental, due to damages and refunds (because some would just request refunds for little things or things out of her control and they would side with the customer and give them a refund, like the time a bear blocked the road for 20 minutes, while someone was leaving).,.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Why can't you just open the pods and mix this stuff in your hands? And once they are mixed they are no longer potent and preservative free? Yet once this woman again says she can't afford it, radio silence from Thilla. What a horrible company and worse what a horrible sales woman she is. Way to go in capturing your potential customer there boss babe.

View attachment 2207962
And they announce that they are low in stock of the pods. Who would buy this knowing the supply availability for it is unreliable?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So the people it'll attract will be college age kids., who are more likely there to party. That house will be trash soon. This new failure will be fun to watch.

Since she is so blubbery bragging about this "business adventure " I'm thinking this is their only rental. I think if team pig were cornering the real estate market she'd have bragged before. Maybe I'm wrong.
So the people it'll attract will be college age kids., who are more likely there to party. That house will be trash soon. This new failure will be fun to watch.

Since she is so blubbery bragging about this "business adventure " I'm thinking this is their only rental. I think if team pig were cornering the real estate market she'd have bragged before. Maybe I'm wrong.
Did you hear her trying to be fancy and called it “The North Carolina House” such a wanna be. God they make me sick.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I couldn't agree more. I remember leaving University and the very LAST thing I wanted was to move back home. He is a spineless, pathetic individual made worse by the fact he has never worked and has been given everything at a very young age. I, personally, find him repulsive and have yet to hear him utter one intelligent sentence. As whale, he is lazy AF and will just stay put, get fatter and mouldering in the Shack. He needs to show some initiative and get the hell out the whole set up as he will be tarred with their brush of exploitation, scamming, cheating and overall sloth and gluttony
Nothing much. Waiting on the court date for Abbie’s petition and nothing has updated on the wreck…

I wouldn’t put it past Asshat to install cameras everywhere, if he thinks he can get away with it.

The property would be better rented yearly, for some college kids that want to live up there but then, Isaiah couldn’t use it in the winter time. That is why they are wanting to do short term rentals but it is going to backfire so quickly.

I knew a Mom, that had a beautiful house up in TN. They had purchased it and did a huge addition and lived there for 6 years. Once their son got to school age, they wanted to move into a city area, where he wouldn’t be so far from school and friends. They kept the house and tried to Airbnb the thing. She always offered us a weekend, just on expenditures pricing and it was over $250/night, due to property management fees, cleaner fees, utilities and taxes. They didn’t have a mortgage because her husband made very good money and paid the thing off, as soon as they bought it. She shopped around the management company and had went with one that was the cheapest too and the cleaner was the only one willing to do the job.
Well, there was days that her cleaner showed up and left without cleaning because she had reservations that would trash the place. She had things broken a lot and people took off with dishes and other random items. After only 1 year of renting it out, she was done and removed her listing and put the house for sale. She said that overall, they lost around $40k, and never made a dime with their rental, due to damages and refunds (because some would just request refunds for little things or things out of her control and they would side with the customer and give them a refund, like the time a bear blocked the road for 20 minutes, while someone was leaving).,.
Nobody walking in there is going to think oh what a lovely place with expensive fittings, we must be very careful. It is full of second-hand cheap furniture and fittings. Nobody is going to respect the place. I guarantee the only bookings they will get is from cheapskate student types.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I could see them just using the boone place as another home. If so I could also see P being there a lot. Or even just Ass alone with Abbie since she doesn't have school anymore. They could use it for her girls get aways and such also.

I also recall one of the first trips to Boone they were looking at business properties up there and talked of P opening a boutique. Perfect excuse for them to lives separate lives. Though I could not see P wanted to spend that time in cold weather or away from her only friend (outside of food and booze) - her mother.

Using it as a rental or aurbnb will fail fast. They would be tit landlords even if it wrre local and I doubt they would even care to try. Likely use a management company which are terrible.

Anything they do is doomed before it starts which I find hilarious.

I am sure P already brags about her second home. Being the successful business owner she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Yeah, you absolutely have to go in between each guest. Just think of the average person you know and how they would leave a hotel room - they're not scrubbing the toilet, they're not washing the bedding, they're not steam cleaning the carpet where they accidentally dripped some coffee. And that's the average person! Think realistically about a huge chunk of the population who leave tit streaks in the toilet and sex fluids in the bed and vomit on the floor. Any hotel housekeeping or front desk forum/subreddit is packed full of horror stories about vacationing guests - the same applies to AirBNBs.

And if the owner themself doesn't or can't come in between each rental they have to pay a property management company to do inspections, handle repairs, etc plus a cleaning service to come in for a full clean after all the rentals.
They also have to pay to keep all the utilities on year-round, including internet because ain't no one staying in an AirBNB without wifi, and they're at the mercy of the guests using however much water they want and keeping the heat/AC cranked as high as they want.

A company who owns several (or many, as things have been going in this field) properties can profit well from it.
An individual who's trying to rent out one property where they live states away and therefore has to outsource everything about the property is going to lose their ass. If, for example, Asa had a property in Jax that he was AirBNBing where he'd do the oversight and management, he'd probably make some profit from it. Having the property in Boone and having to pay someone else to handle everything on top of paying a mortgage on the place ....he'll be extremely lucky if he breaks even.
My daughter is a realtor/broker/property manager and right now she has my husband upgrading the house his dad left him and his brother..she said if the place is outdated that's how people renting will treat it. So he has a contractor working inside it now, removing old wallpaper, fresh paint, there's paneling being removed, flooring being replaced and they will be able to get top dollar. Also if renting it doesn't work out it will be ready to put on the market, which is what I wish they would do, sell it. And she said to stay away, any problems the renters have to let her handle it.
Did the Asswipe fam make out like they had other rental property, maybe in Jax?

Reactions: 18
My daughter is a realtor/broker/property manager and right now she has my husband upgrading the house his dad left him and his brother..she said if the place is outdated that's how people renting will treat it. So he has a contractor working inside it now, removing old wallpaper, fresh paint, there's paneling being removed, flooring being replaced and they will be able to get top dollar. Also if renting it doesn't work out it will be ready to put on the market, which is what I wish they would do, sell it. And she said to stay away, any problems the renters have to let her handle it.
Did the Asswipe fam make out like they had other rental property, maybe in Jax?
But in 3 days they aren't going to get contractors in to do a major update especially if they are all living in it and do they have the cash considering they have done zero upgrade on the shack and have to pay for the Kylie Krash plus lawyers for that and the guardianship. I think they are having a major cash flow problem which is why we will see them selling the EV soon as Pig clearly wont fit in it as she is absolutely huge now.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.