Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Conversational question to everybody:
Do you think Asa and Priscilla should get divorced, while maintaining a home for Abbie's sake?

When my parents separated back in the mid-1990s after several decades of marriage, my dad bought a small house within close walking distance of our family home, so me and my sister could go back and forth as we pleased. There was no ugly custody battle, nor did they want one (mind you, we were both in our teen years).

In the case of the Maass family, now that Isaiah is 18, I think the benefit of them separating is that it alleviates some of that trapped feeling, for one. There isn't much love-loss in their marriage on Asa's side.
He never even wanted this marriage to begin with.
The shape Priscilla was in is grotesque.
She's still quite overweight to this day, with Asa and kids following suit.
I doubt they have a sex life.
The likelyhood that he's attracted to her is slim to none.
In order to maintain healthy relationships, intimacy and honesty are both important components. I don't see these two attempting either of those things.

Furthermore, I think one of the most evident destructive factors of their marriage is how its allowed them to give up on their physical well being.

Look at the picture of Asa in their wedding photo. He was still in reasonable shape back then. We've seen how poorly they eat. There's no doubt in my mind that much of their weight gain is diet related, as opposed to just slowing metabolism from aging.

When you're thrown into the dating market again, many people begin to take care of themselves to make a good first impression. Those men who put on 50lbs during the complacency years now had to care about their appearance again if they hoped to make a good first impression with a new partner.

Its not uncommon to see those men with pot bellies hit the gym again. Same goes for women. And getting laid at some bar I imagine is harder when you can't bank on your youth anymore, and you're some doughy middle-aged man with 2 kids under his belt.

The resentment Asa likely feels from Priscilla trapping him will lead nowhere good. Asa and Isaiah need to be honest with Priscilla about her delusions concerning Abbie's capabilities. They also need to take a hard look in the mirror at their health.

I have an uncle who ate horrendously. He suffered a "small heart attack", and continued to eat horrendously. It took a massive heart attack to give him the wake up call he needed.
He wasn't invincible.
Asa and Cilla behave as though the constant Dunkin's and eating out at unhealthy venues won't catch up to them, beyond some weight gain. I would love to see an CT Scan / ultrasound of their liver.

Here's a challenge for some reader here.
The next time they eat out, lets tabulate the approximate sugar content and carb content, as listed on company websites.

Dunkin Donuts Nutritional Listing

We may be able to also find nutritional list from some of their favourite restaurants.
Also, let's take it a step farther and calculate how much sugar Abbie is getting per day from all those Nature Valley bars.

One SINGLE Crispy Honey n' Oats Nature Valley bar has 22g of sugars and 29g of carbs. She eats multiple per day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Directed at A & P, if they're reading:
I recommend you read Fat Chance by endocrinologist Dr Robert H. Lustig. Or Sugar has 56 Names by Robert Lustig. He's also given numerous University talks on the subject. Look at the damage you're doing to yourselves. Reverse course.
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.44.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.44.47 AM.png

Reactions: 7
Holy moly, I just saw where they had a tshirt that says "autism princess", available for purchase as merch. I'm not quite sure why ppl think it's cute to glorify autism.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Do you think Asa and Priscilla should get divorced, while maintaining a home for Abbie's sake?

When my parents separated back in the mid-1990s after several decades of marriage, my dad bought a small house within close walking distance of our family home, so me and my sister could go back and forth as we pleased. There was no ugly custody battle, nor did they want one (mind you, we were both in our teen years).

In the case of the Maass family, now that Isaiah is 18, I think the benefit of them separating is that it alleviates some of that trapped feeling, for one. There isn't much love-loss in their marriage on Asa's side.
In order to maintain healthy relationships, intimacy and honesty are both important components. I don't see these two attempting either of those things.

Furthermore, I think one of the most evident destructive factors of their marriage is how its allowed them to give up on their physical well being.

Look at the picture of Asa in their wedding photo. He was still in reasonable shape back then. We've seen how poorly they eat. There's no doubt in my mind that much of their weight gain is diet related, as opposed to just slowing metabolism from aging.

When you're thrown into the dating market again, many people begin to take care of themselves to make a good first impression. Those men who put on 50lbs during the complacency years now had to care about their appearance again if they hoped to make a good first impression with a new partner.

Its not uncommon to see those men with pot bellies hit the gym again. Same goes for women. And getting laid at some bar I imagine is harder when you can't bank on your youth anymore, and you're some doughy middle-aged man with 2 kids under his belt.

The resentment Asa likely feels from Priscilla trapping him will lead nowhere good. Asa and Isaiah need to be honest with Priscilla about her delusions concerning Abbie's capabilities. They also need to take a hard look in the mirror at their health.

I have an uncle who ate horrendously. He suffered a "small heart attack", and continued to eat horrendously. It took a massive heart attack to give him the wake up call he needed.
He wasn't invincible.
Asa and Cilla behave as though the constant Dunkin's and eating out at unhealthy venues won't catch up to them, beyond some weight gain. I would love to see an CT Scan / ultrasound of their liver.

The next time they eat out, lets tabulate the approximate sugar content and carb content, as listed on company websites.

We may be able to also find nutritional list from some of their favourite restaurants.
Also, let's take it a step farther and calculate how much sugar Abbie is getting per day from all those Nature Valley bars.

One SINGLE Crispy Honey n' Oats Nature Valley bar has 22g of sugars and 29g of carbs. She eats multiple per day.
The only way I could see this working is if Asa agrees to take Abbie full time. I am not fond of either parent but Priscilla would not take custody of Abbie fulltime.

Reactions: 12
Holy moly, I just saw where they had a tshirt that says "autism princess", available for purchase as merch. I'm not quite sure why ppl think it's cute to glorify autism.
Oh , that’s the one that gets me the most, I can’t stand it. To be fair Abbie is far from princess material.

• Haha
  • Heart
It's funny watching that video again actually. More recently seeing how much he lies and also saying he didn't know about that child for 5 years. the mother could well of not wanted him in the childs life, but I'm sure she would of thought of the child wanting her father in her life. Without a doubt he knew of the existance of the third child, the fact he is behind on child support proves he wanted to ignore the child as long as he could.
He got 2 months behind. Just 500 some dollars!!!
After that video was posted he was still behind 1 month.
I really hope that mom in Wisconsin takes him back to court.
Courts in both states have his correct mailing address now so the process should be fast.
😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This homeschool and "cooking with Mom" fakery has really revealed alot about Prissy's interaction with Abbie. Despite the role that she is trying to portray, it is very clear that she lacks the patience, creativity and concern to deal with Abbie.

I agree, as someone else mentioned, that off camera she probably just ignores her most of the time. Which I think could contribute to why Abbie is more aggressive with her. I am not condoning her aggressive behavior. I am just saying that constantly being ignored could be the reason that things like A) kicking and throwing things at her while she drives B) Grabbing her during her meltdowns C) pinching her when she is on her phone .

We have seen many times in the old videos when Abbie was handed to Prissy, her eyes immediately dart around in a panic looking for Asa. In the "wild child" video when Abbie is kicking P and trying to play with her, P was engaged with her precious phone and kept calling Asa for help. Even now when Abbie runs away, she doesn't lift a toe, she just looks for Asa.

We know for a fact that Prissy can be cold towards children. Look at how she goes along with the neglect of Asa's other daughter. Saying that they know nothing about"them", their marriage wouldn't have been a success had they have known about"them" in the early years...or some such BS. She arranged "Maass Squad Cares" packages for the homeless because she's "blessed and wants to give back". Then we find out that Asa is behind in child support around the same time. And since they don't know "them", that means that there has never been any Christmas presents, birthday gifts, or "Care" packages for "them". I also think that it's cruel to publicly call Slummer their "adopted daughter" knowing that there is an actual daughter that they neglect.

Anyway, I am not excusing Abbie's aggressive behaviors towards Prissy, nor do I think them justified. I am saying I wonder if there are reasons behind them, far beyond what we see.

They say that Abbie can't reciprocate feeling, have empathy and love the way we do, she has a high tolerance for physical pain, just doesn't care about this or that....

How do they know for sure what is going on in her mind??

Abbie laughs. Abbie cries. Abbie hugs. Abbie holds. Abbie has times of joy.

We see this, so what says she also doesn't have times of sadness, loss, hurt, loneliness, annoyance, frustration, disappointment, need of love, feeling neglected or rejected, jealousy, resentment.

These brilliant Autistic people write about their lives and it is amazing what they think and feel. Many were once non-verbal, and now clearly articulate their abundance of feelings, emotions and experiences throughout their lives.

Yes, Abbie is IDD and on a "high need" level. No I am not fantasizing about some drastic change, independence, autonomy for her future.

I am only saying that Abbie may have feelings that her family doesn't consider. She may sense, in some way, that her Mother resents, ignores and is detached from her and it may make her sad and angry and it may be the reason behind her aggressiveness towards her.

Priscilla, all the makeup in the world won't hide what is clearly seen on your face. Food and booze won't take your troubles away. Stop the show, stop the lies, get professional help from someplace.

Seriously,
😶

• Heart
Reactions: 23
MarySusan59,

I think realistically, they could continue to co-parent with help from respite. However, they need to drop this extravagant fantasy they're living to concentrate on what is more likely to promote healthy growth in all involved.

That big house they bought was mainly to show-off.
They can barely afford the price tag.
Asa has child support to worry about.

Real estate in parts of Florida is cheap. Buying a smaller home with two suites could create two spaces under one roof for both parents to live independently. When I say a suite, I don't mean what Summer currently has. I mean a full suite with kitchen, separate bathroom, etc.. usually the sort of thing homeowners rent out to a student.

Old houses where each floor is its own condo/apartment is very common here in Quebec. The area I live in is a historical one where many of the Victorian homes have 3-4 apartments under one roof.

If they do decide to still live together, having their own space to bring home respective partners would ease any awkwardness. Would Cilla really want Asa having sex in the bedroom next door to hers on the same floor? Yet they could both hang out when need be.

Reactions: 10
They always have big heavy meals. Even for lunch they have meat and a side lots of the time. Who DOES that? Every dang day. Unless of course they're sittin' their asses at some restaurant or getting fast food. Whatever happened to the idea of a salad for lunch? Soup? A light sandwich?

Reactions: 16
Limelife only sells beauty products, I wonder what Limelife products would be essential to hospital workers rn.

Shes putting samples in bags!!
witch is pimping her MLM to 1st responders with the hope after this is over they place orders with her!!!
She is not doing it because she cares.
She's just a low life MLM witch with an agenda.
If you do good deeds...
You do them in secret.
IMO
#garbagepig

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Shes putting samples in bags!!
witch is pimping her MLM to 1st responders with the hope after this is over they place orders with her!!!
She is not doing it because she cares.
She's just a low life MLM witch with an agenda.
If you do good deeds...
You do them in secret.
IMO
#garbagepig
Exactly!!! Good deeds bragged about is for self....not for anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm a little confused here.....so, was the big lady just a one night stand until she got pregnant with Isaiah and got ahold of Asa to tell him or was that the mother of the "other" kid?

Reactions: 7
They always have big heavy meals. Even for lunch they have meat and a side lots of the time. Who DOES that? Every dang day. Unless of course they're sittin' their asses at some restaurant or getting fast food. Whatever happened to the idea of a salad for lunch? Soup? A light sandwich?
Between all of them, that old house's sewer system is taking a beating! 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

I know! They eat three big meals a day. I am betting there is a lot of snacking going on as well by evidence of the pantry and obesity. I really only eat one full meal per day, the other 2 are small like yogurt and fruit or salad.

I would be miserable if I ate that much.

• Heart
  • Haha

He wasn't invincible.

I can't say whether they should get a divorce, but I will say this:

1) They are not only married, they are business partners and Prissy is the manager, organizer, accountant, co-signer, owner and records keeper of everything they do for both the family and the business......

2) Asa is a textbook Narcissist. It is hard to get out of a relationship with a narcissist, and they will do everything to make the process hell on earth. Yeah Assy left her before, but he was probably not even invested in their (sudden and new) marriage at the time (he also technically didn't file for divorce, as the story *cough* BS goes) . 19 years in, now he is invested emotionally and financially. Narcissistic people see their partners as their property, losing what's "theirs" makes them feel vulnerable, angry and out of control......

3) Vlogging has given Assy a sense of power, control, "success" and "fame" beyond
his dreams. And money to feed his greed and gluttony to his heart's (and pot belly's) content. He will not want anything to crumble his precious goldmine.......

So basically, if one of them ever wants a divorce, I think it will be MESSY and :poop: will hit the fan like a hurricane hits the shutters.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Off topic but something I always think about while watching the vlogs.….summers room....ok so I’m a women and I wake up to pee like 3x a night...I’m sure this happens to her..does she have to walk outside in the backyard all the way into the house to go to the restroom? Or does she hold it? I couldn’t do that..I would need my own bathroom in the room....lol these are things I think about...I drink a lot of water to so I am awakened every night and I know most people go at least once a night? Or am I the only one? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The whole family is a mess.

Assa: Narcissist. Plain & simple.
Prilly: Insecure mother with unresolved hate issues to boot
Isaiah: Anxiety-ridden. Wimp trying to please. But loving the money too. Generally confused and at-risk.
Abbie: we all know her many problems compounded multiple times by that family.
Dummer: Strange indeed.

They all need therapy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
10fingers10toes,

I'm really enjoying your well thought out commentary.

Someone here (was it you?) stated correctly that narcissists tend to dispose of people like they're nothing once they no longer have a use for them.

That being said, when the gold mine runs dry, I can see things becoming very strained in that household. After the illusion shattered with the other daughter reveal, their on-camera behaviour has gone downhill in a very noticeable way.
Wouldn't you say?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.