Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I said in previous threads, Abbie doesn’t seem that bad of a kid to me. She literally doesn’t do much but sit in her corner of the couch and rock.....everything else is a result of how she’s been raised.
She is a product of their bad parenting but the result of it is a not very likeable person. I hesitate to say child anymore as she is a teenager. Whilst it is not her fault , society now has to deal with what could be a dangerous adult in the not too distant future. I myself don’t agree with some of the nastier names but people get frustrated with having this fairy story of sweet girl, autism princess Rammed down their throat all the time when it’s obviously totally untrue. They will have a lot to answer for in the future, I wouldn’t like to be them in a few years time.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Didn’t they say a while back that they would have healthy snacks like carrots and celery out for her, so if she wanted a snack, it would be healthier and not as filling?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Didn’t they say a while back that they would have healthy snacks like carrots and celery out for her, so if she wanted a snack, it would be healthier and not as filling?
they did for one day until she grunted about it and that was it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I would love to see them create visual schedules for Abbie's school things. Take pictures of each activity and stick them up somewhere central where she can see what that day will look like. Making sure to allow for breaks and time for things she likes. We all saw how successful (ugh I am hating that word now) she was with it when previously used at the old house with Brandy. The only person in that house that has any type of consistent structure is Isaiah and that's only because of his school work.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes
Watching the new one...I know ya'll waiting for my review.

Abbie screaming and P tells her, "we love hearing your voice". Then Asa tells her to go upstairs to yell!

P claims she was doing laps in the pool. :ROFLMAO: C'mon Asa film that will ya?

Priscilla giving parents advice on just doin' the best you can. Asa says just the fact you are worried about homeschooling shows you care. His fans need their expert advice for sure.

As if Summer couldn't get any weirder....you just see her hiding in the corner. Creepy.
YES! YES! Please Assa film Prilly doing laps in the pool! It'd be proof of your claim and content!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I am all for criticizing these wackadoos, but I think we have to keep in mind that Abbie is not NT and even with proper parenting she will never think like a NT person. Abbie doesn't understand or feel empathy. She doesn't understand the "why" behind pretty much anything. She probably doesn't understand when she's hurting someone. I'm not saying I don't think she should be taught that pulling someone is wrong, because that's obviously harmful. But she probably isn't ever going to learn to not interrupt them when they're working (as long as she is left to her own devices in a house), because she doesn't understand what working is or why it's rude to interrupt someone. Also the "all done" thing. She has an idea what "all done" means, but I doubt she actually understands the literal meaning of it. So her signing "all done" to someone while they're doing a different task isn't necessarily the same as a NT person running up to another NT person and telling them they're done. "All done" to Abbie probably just means the general "I want you to stop doing what you're doing/I want to stop doing what I'm doing." I respect everyone's opinion. I mean none of us are actually Abbie experts and probably A and P aren't either since it doesn't really seem they've pursued all avenues of understanding the extent of Abbie's conditions. But that's just my 2 cents.

I'd be interested to hear from people who have experience with IDD/autism what some of the "correct" ways there are for teaching someone skills who doesn't understand the "why" behind them. For instance, some things have to be taught because they negatively affect the people around her.l. Ie. Stealing food, grabbing strangers, etc. Other things though, seems that Abbie just will never be able to be trusted to do alone, like crossing the street, because she doesn't understand why she has to look both ways, why it's dangerous, and what would happen if a car hit her. She doesn't understand bathing because she doesn't understand that the purpose of bathing is to get clean or why she even has to be clean. Same with dish washing. Are those skills still worth teaching if she will never be able to be trusted to do them indepedently? I hate to use an animal analogy because I DONT mean to say people with disabilities are like dogs. Abbie is a human being who should be treated as such. this is just the best analogy I can think of atm. But my dog is obsessed with biting moving tires. I can train my dog to not run in the road after car tires all I want, and she mostly won't try as long as I'm with her because she knows biting tires=human gets mad, but I would still never trust her to walk herself or give her too long a leash because she likes to bite moving tires and fundamentally doesn't understand why she isn't supposed to. Not trying to be snarky. Would genuinely like to hear from someone with experience how these things are taught/how it is determined what should be taught.

Sorry for the long post. I try to get all thoughts out at once bc this thread is hard to keep up with.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What do they actually put in her water??
I think it's like a fruit juice only its powder just add water

I know this is a gossip site and I respect everyone's opinion but I have to speak up and advocate for Abbie. Abbie is a vulnerable child.
The words used to describe her are appalling. And defending the hatred filled statements with it's not her fault it's her parents is a smoke screen for the blatant discrimination and hatred of a child with intellectual disablities. Go ahead and call A&P all the nasty things your mind can muster, hell I'll even join in, but I can't be apart of this cruelty directed at a child. Here are some examples of what has been said about Abbie:
She is a beast, gross, lazy, spoiled, a monster, a bully, obnoxious, she has a crappy attitude, scary, an asshole, disgusting, and a walking vegetable.
She does not belong in public, she shouldn't be in public, she isn't fit to be in public. And my personal favorite 😡 she would be better off in an institution. Shall we go back to the fifties?
View attachment 106366

I would like to ask you if you would say those things about your children, or your grandchildren, your nephews or nieces or any child for that matter?
Totally agree..i don't judge the abbie because i know the actions off autism i have a nine yr old with autism he's facing differant strides then abbie is but its still autism..its the family i dont agree with of not strongly learning her things in the past themselves yes she have therapies but it dont mean never try on your own..so no i have no badvibes against abbie she innocent..but the parents no..cant do them

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I cannot STAND how much of a manchild Assa is, this is what put me off the channel in the first place. I remember when P was out of town and Assas mum had to come and stay to cook and clean, like REALLY! They're so backward. Why can't Summer, Isiah or Assa help out with the cleaning up? There is no reason for here to be that much laundry sitting around. why force Abbie to clean up when the others don't set an example

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She is a product of their bad parenting but the result of it is a not very likeable person. I hesitate to say child anymore as she is a teenager. Whilst it is not her fault , society now has to deal with what could be a dangerous adult in the not too distant future. I myself don’t agree with some of the nastier names but people get frustrated with having this fairy story of sweet girl, autism princess Rammed down their throat all the time when it’s obviously totally untrue. They will have a lot to answer for in the future, I wouldn’t like to be them in a few years time.
Not only is the fairy story not true, they make themselves out to be autism experts and act like what they are doing and how they have raised her is the way it should be done.
For anyone who can see through them and their BS it is hard to watch. Speaking as someone who has a loved one who is autistic I think it is harder to not feel even more upset. There's the exploitation and then there is her behavior which they've let go unchecked. The things she does that provoke the responses here are things that will make her harder and harder to care for as time passes: grabbing food, impulsivity, injuring herself and others and the tantrums. They are also things I would not want to be on the receiving end of in public. I don't want to be on a cross country flight with her yelling in the seat behind me and grabbing my seat. I don't want food grabbed from my plate or tray. I don't want to be lost in thought in a public place and be grabbed. It makes it even worse that those moments are filmed and put on youtube. It is so hard to watch A & P not follow through on what the school and Brandi are trying to do. They have more resources at their disposal to give her a better life than most families could ever dream of. And then they talk about how they will care for her at home as long as they live. The way they have with school being not in session?
I understand defending Abbie because it really isn't her fault she was warehoused in the backroom or that her parents are so inconsistent. I also see the autism families that are here and, if we are going say that this is more than just a gossip site and we need to show kindness to Abbie, then that kindness needs to be extended to those families.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think it's like a fruit juice only its powder just add water

Totally agree..i don't judge the abbie because i know the actions off autism i have a nine yr old with autism he's facing differant strides then abbie is but its still autism..its the family i dont agree with of not strongly learning her things in the past themselves yes she have therapies but it dont mean never try on your own..so no i have no badvibes against abbie she innocent..but the parents no..cant do them
I agree with you but her parents actions or lack of them have had a knock on effect that has produced a girl that has serious behavioural issues and no concept of how to be around other people. It is not her fault but the dilemma of what now to do to control the behaviour is very much an ongoing issue.

Reactions: 12
So Asssa reinforces the fact that Abby can jump in the pool with her clothes on. Good luck with that because she'll think that it's ok to jump in any water when they're out and about. They're very irresponsible and are putting her at risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I respect your opinion but, dont share it. She has been shown other ways to communicate, she has just been taught that the bully and physical way is the "best and fastest way", to get it done and that is inappropriate in my opinion.
o_O
Telling someone not to share their opinion......is that truly "respecting" their opinion :unsure:??

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How can he be sure snack is what she actually wanted when sometimes she signs a bunch of random things. He needed to get up to see what she wanted....and yes she directed him to the refrigerator. So at that point was he supposed to say no?

Last time he didn’t get up to see what she wanted, there was 2 pages here complaining about how he didn’t get up.

Im just trying to understand what y’all expect. This is definitely one of those chose your battle moments that makes sense. I hear them tell her no to snacks all the time.

I’m not standing up for them, Just pointing out further what their inconsistencies has caused.
I agree about their inconsistencies. They are proof of their poor parenting.

Yesterday their fanzies were praising them on being"involved":rolleyes:.

Their lack of "involvement" with her off camera, is displayed in their cluelessness ON camera, in my opinion.

Here, we talk about what we see. They go from one extreme to the other constantly:
  • Ignore her signs, tell her "no" one day - let her have whatever she wants, jump in the pool clothed the next.
  • Tell her to yell in her room one day - next days she's yelling all over the house.
  • Say they are doing low carbs and sugar - next we see Popeye's sandwich, biscuits and gravy and somebody's eating Lucky Charms and Reese's Cereal..... (Abbie is eating NVB for breakfast, what are you eating Doughboy 😜??)
  • They do a prom for Isaiah, let him have pool time and scooter rides for the vlog - he can't play video games during the week because his schoolwork is priority .(*cough* because they want him on duty to watch Abbie without"distractions" maybe?? Or is it because they are vlogging (and drinking) all the time and need him on the clock??)
  • They give her healthy veggie plate for snacks - lasts two days, back to munchkins, cupcakes, NV bars, chips, cookies....all the Maass pantry favorites.
  • They are homeschooling one day - next day all we see is them by the pool or claiming that they had a full day of activities (yeah right, Asa does not miss out on vlog footage. If ya'll did activities it would be in the vlog or on IG. Not in the vlog or IG = ya'll didn't do anything).
  • They want to put a stop to food stealing - TikTok and vlog performances of them encouraging her to steal food for the camera.
  • Complain about her misbehaviors - laugh when they happen and call them cute.
Need I saw more. Feel free to add to the list.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.