Fathering Autism #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder why they unlisted it lol. I mean it is a touchy subject for them but still. Someone record it before it gets lost forever

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Scwid - I see he unlisted it. I guess he's hoping people will forget about it; but not before getting those sweet, sweet views and money off monetizing it first. Good thing you bookmarked it (I assume).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
If we must watch a video to snark I wish it could be one person who posts here to describe what happened instead of a lot of us. We don't need to give them views/money.

Reactions: 7
It's funny watching that video again actually. More recently seeing how much he lies and also saying he didn't know about that child for 5 years. the mother could well of not wanted him in the childs life, but I'm sure she would of thought of the child wanting her father in her life. Without a doubt he knew of the existance of the third child, the fact he is behind on child support proves he wanted to ignore the child as long as he could.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh sweet girl, don’t ya know, you need to keep your hands uncontaminated when preparing & cooking food.🤷🏻‍♀️

Hand dumping flour in bowl
Rubbing eyes🤮
Hand totally in flour in the bowl 🤮
Finger in ear 🤮
Redirected to wash hands🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

You could almost hear the cringe in
🐷🐽🐖’s voice when Abbie kept her hand in the flour bowl for what felt like an eternity after rubbing her eye.

Abbie has no business “helping” prepare any food 🤢 Let her stick to eating it.

I've included screenshots for your viewing pleasure, or disgust.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I

I understand the doorknobs are vintage, but personally I would replace them with locking doorknobs with keys (hidden) and put the vintage knobs in storage (along with the subscriber gifts - 😄)
Exactly, that should have been the obvious decision before they moved in. Just as one would have their alarm system, safety gates, locks changed, security cameras installed, beforehand.

Are they just this backwards? Or is it because they focus so much on vlog vlog vlog, they can't think straight?

Asa calls himself a handyman :rolleyes: .

Haven't they lived there almost nine months? Asa said that Abbie barges in on people while using the toilet. They showed her burst in on Grandpa while he was visiting and drag him out of the bathroom, guess that was "cute". Asa only decided to fix the door after Summer moved in. Wonder what mishap took place to get him into action🤔. Maybe shower time was awkardly interrupted and maybe she got really mad and he got scared she might move out, who knows, just speculating. 😲 Oh NO, he must have his Sum-thighs-bum around.

And that stupid lock he put on the bathroom doors that allows the doors to still be opened partially was creeper like.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Asa is so cold in that video. "I don't know what they look like. I don't know where they live." Imagine how hurt "the other daughter" must feel if she saw that, or viewed the Fathering Autism channel at all. Kind of makes all his care and attention towards Abbie look totally fake. Asa is a classic example of how sometimes people who speak the most have the least to say and the most to learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh sweet girl, don’t ya know, you need to keep your hands uncontaminated when preparing & cooking food.🤷🏻‍♀️

Hand dumping flour in a bowl
Rubbing eyes🤮
Finger in ear 🤮

🐷🐽🐖’s the voice when Abbie kept her hand in the flour bowl for what felt like an eternity after rubbing her eye.

I've included screenshots for your viewing pleasure or disgust.
I don't even care about the eye rubbing, it's the fingers in the nose and mouth that get me and is just nasty, contaminated hands all over plates, silverware, and food. Her preparing her own food is fine and something she needs to do, as for having her do it for others? Please no.

It makes me wonder though, with how much she touches around her then sticks her fingers in her mouth and nose (or just putting stuff in her mouth), surely she's picked up a virus at some point, and I question, how often is she actually sick without them knowing?

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Hand dumping flour in bowl
Rubbing eyes🤮
Finger in ear 🤮

🐷🐽🐖’s voice when Abbie kept her hand in the flour bowl for what felt like an eternity after rubbing her eye.

I've included screenshots for your viewing pleasure, or disgust.
That poor kid has no idea what she's doing. Look at that blank staring off into the distance look on her face while she's "helping" I don't understand why they don't spend that time teaching her a routine doing basic things she will be doing everyday. Even though she won't be able to do much in life it's still saddening to see them drag her around trying to pretend she is a typical child. Priscilla really needs to go seek professional help for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Exactly, that should have been the obvious decision before they moved in. Just as one would have their alarm system, safety gates, locks changed, security cameras installed, beforehand.

Are they just this backwards? Or is it because they focus so much on vlog vlog vlog, they can't think straight?

Asa calls himself a handyman :rolleyes: .

Haven't they lived there almost nine months? Asa said that Abbie barges in on people while using the toilet. They showed her burst in on Grandpa while he was visiting and drag him out of the bathroom, guess that was "cute". Asa only decided to fix the door after Summer moved in. Wonder what mishap took place to get him into action🤔. Maybe shower time was awkardly interrupted and maybe she got really mad and he got scared she might move out, who knows, just speculating. 😲 Oh NO, he must have his Sum-thighs-bum around.

And that stupid lock he put on the bathroom doors that allows the doors to still be opened partially was creeper like.
I would love to see what really goes on in that house. Watching their highly edited vlog is like listening to our Government 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ 80% of what they share with us is twisted to reflect positively on them, whether it’s the truth or not. I totally missed the incident with Grandpa 😱😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Asa is so cold in that video. "I don't know what they look like. I don't know where they live." Imagine how hurt "the other daughter" must feel if she saw that, or viewed the Fathering Autism channel at all. Kind of makes all his care and attention towards Abbie look totally fake. Asa is a classic example of how sometimes people who speak the most have the least to say and the most to learn.
I bet Asa thinks alot about his first daughter. He can't show that in front of Cilla or she'll flip. I would imagine its a pretty soar subject in that house.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Re your sentence "Maybe one of the members here with an Autistic relative, or one of the professionals in the field can tell us" don't forget, there's #ActuallyAutistic people on this forum too ;)
Yes they can if they get the right kind of support, the right kind of communciation devices etc AND IF THE AUTISTIC PERSON'S FAMILY LISTENS TO AUTISTIC ADULTS FOR ADVICE! :)
Oh yes,🤦‍♀️how could I have missed that.
Sorry
Thank you for pointing that out friend ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't even care about the eye rubbing, it's the fingers in the nose and mouth that get me and is just nasty, contaminated hands all over plates, silverware, and food. Her preparing her own food is fine and something she needs to do, as for having her do it for others? Please no.

It makes me wonder though, with how much she touches around her then sticks her fingers in her mouth and nose (or just putting stuff in her mouth), surely she's picked up a virus at some point, and I question, how often is she actually sick without them knowing?
Yep. It’s disgusting all around. Spreading germs everywhere.

The eye rubbing really bothers me because she usually does it right over the food she is “helping” with. Eye boogers and eyelashes falling into the food they’re preparing🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

SO gross.

I don’t think she has the capacity to know that she should not be touching her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, etc while handling food. I honestly don’t know that she could ever learn that concept. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Assa is a narcissist. Narcissists are incapable of feeling genuine love for others. They view their children as property and objects to use and abuse to their advantage. When they’re done with their wife, kids, SO, friends, family, etc, they discard them. They use then ghost, disappear. Sound familiar? Since he already discarded Piggy and Isaiah once, chances are high he’ll do it again. It’s the pattern of the narcissist. His illegitimate daughter? He hasn’t figured out how to exploit her so he has no use for her yet. Asswipe, read this: you’re a piece of tit loser, deadbeat little man troll. Karma

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If one is going to live in a prison of sorts, they may as well make it a gilded one. Both of these parents strike me as feeling trapped: trapped in a marriage they (or more accurately, he) never wanted. Trapped with a high-maintenance, special-needs daughter who will always require assistance. And now, trapped in feigning a public persona, thanks to their dependance on YouTube.

If you watch the video on how they become an autism family, watch Asa's reaction to Priscilla saying "But she was our princess, and she was perfect". Asa awkwardly agrees, when you can tell he doesn't entirely feel that sentiment (see the 4:44 mark of the video):

I find it funny how they say in that video "We spent a lot of time being offended". Those who suggested early on that Abigail had Autism were right (Level III Autism frequently includes an intellectual disability).

They still spend a lot of time being offended.
Their responses to constructive criticism say it all.
And their frequent refusal to amend their ways even when presented with evidence of their own failings (eg. poor diet, parenting Abbie etc..)

Fatty liver disease is a very real and common consequence of a high sugar, low fibre, high simple carb diet. They don't a give a flying eff about living a long life.
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.32.03 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
I bet Asa thinks alot about his first daughter. He can't show that in front of Cilla or she'll flip. I would imagine its a pretty soar subject in that house.
I don’t believe he gives two flying f@cks about that girl. He didn’t even care enough to stay current with the paltry child support payments.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Good evening, everyone (it's evening here, anyhow).

Did they delete their much talked about vlog where Asa admits to having the other child? I don't see it anywhere on their channel list of videos.

When I first saw the thumbnail after they posted that vlog, I assumed they were going to announce their divorce. It had that separation aura to it. I knew nothing of the brewing controversy happening online about the reveal of another child.

Did anyone else here have that initial impression, only to be surprised by the true contents?

Early on, they began doing product placements for things never to be seen or heard of again. One of their first product placements was for a wrist tether to keep kids with Autism from eloping. Asa promoted it; but never used it. Abbie has run away from him numerous times since then (eg. the Lowes parking lot).

This to me was one of the first hints that they weren't being especially honest. I mean why promote a product you clearly have no interest in using or buying for yourself? They'll say anything for cash, I guess.

One of the best promotions anyone can give a product it is to amply use it and/or buy one yourself. Look at how they plug Dunkin's. No need to persuade them there.

But the wrist tether (which Asa claimed was great at the time); the Sensory Theraplay Box that I'm certain they don't actually subscribe to in any real capacity; the meal boxes which they only appear to use when given for free but otherwise don't purchase (despite having money to burn) - these all signal to me their greed and dishonesty.

If they can't be bothered buying these things once they come into cash, then I hope their subscribers will give serious pause to taking their promotions seriously. Back then, they were much poorer. They had an excuse, I suppose. But now, they don't.

Am I wrong here? Or did they actually purchase some of these things after the fact with their own money (as opposed to being given a free sample to promote)?

If memory serves me correctly, I believe in the early days, Asa even claimed to be embarassed about doing promotions, claiming they wouldn't become some regular thing. Is my memory failing here?

And now look at them.
Promoting things means one has to be consistent and follow directions.

That is beyond Assy and Prissy.

I had a feeling that Hello Fresh wouldn't be a staple for them. Too many healthy meal options, normal sized portions and....wait for it..... vegetables :eek:.

I laughed when Prissy said that she didn't read the actual recipe cards, just looked at the picture and tried make it.

It's like their family motto is:

Scam it. Fake it. Wing it. Rig it.

Yup, just the type of marketing that ANY company would want! I just don't see why they don't get more sponsors🥴.

• Haha
  • Heart
But that would alter their "historic house in the best neighborhood that will never decrease in value!"
Who wants to live w/ doors strapped together? They could just get new doors & vintage looking doorknobs. Then the excessive creaking of their floors actually triggers my misophonia because there’s just too much popping & creaking as they walk around. Poor dying floor boards!

• Haha
“We spent a lot of time being offended"
Feeling offended, sad, confused, etc is a perfectly normal initial reaction for some people. Other people find relief.

However those two, in spending “a lot” of time accepting it, they really blew it and missed that critical window early on.

Instead of ignoring the signs, they should have been teaching her and working with her disability versus against it.

I still can’t believe that she just started feeding herself a couple years ago. 🤦🏻‍♀️ That is just one of many things it appears they’ve done over the years that has really set her back from where she technically should be at this point in her life.

It’s very sad actually. Abbie, thru no fault of her own, is not the “face of Autism” She is actually the result of “what not to do” once your child is diagnosed.

I totally agree with all you said, esp the first paragraph, you nailed it!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.