Fathering Autism #139 Hello! My Name is Dunkin’. Goodbye!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Big P mentioned on her live yesterday that the ABA therapist was working with Abbie’s “care giver” during her live yesterday as,well. As DCP mentioned Abbie’s ABA is about to increase 100% because, because.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
SOOOO WHO HERE…
Honestly thinks someone who is just about an adult, who still wears diapers, can’t do a single thing on her own, gets distracted, elopes, steals strangers food, pushes and pulls hair…. and has severe non-verbal autism with Severe IDD….

will EVER be able to live off a check list completely independently….

WITH the Maass’ as parents…
—-
They are giving her such high expectations for the amazing low effort they put in.. why aren’t they teaching her signs? Why? Honestly… someone tell me why COMMUNICATION SHOULD NOT BE THE FOREFRONT OF ALL HER LEARNING…
She CAN learn sign.. but half of the 10 she knows is for snacks..
—-

And the thing is.. while I DO BELIEVE Abbie would be more progressed with better parents, but there is a limit to her. I look at someone like NickyJames.. his only verbiage is usually whole lines of dialogue he heard off of a tv show (it’s quite cute.. not gonna lie .. when he excitingly says “SpongeBob- The Movie!”)
He has autism with IDD.. both severe..and the same age of Abbie about, he is thriving honestly.. but in what he is capable of

And I’m not a big supporter of theirs but at least Nicky looks way better taken care of and he seems to actually love being on camera.. he also has OCD really bad (he will walk out in the snow to fix one stick that is laying weird, zippers on peoples jackets

Also with forcing him to accept certain situations.. he has this thing where women around him can’t have a pony tail… well when someone who takes care of him got a girlfriend/wife, she keeps it in a ponytail around him. Took him a while to accept, but he eventually came around..

They have never taught Abbie not to run into people with a cart..

—-
TL/DR… even with nickyjames thriving more than her.. he will never be able to live without assistance.. they have him pack things at home as work. But other than that, he needs someone to feed him, help bathe, help clean room.. nicky would do none of these things without some prompting. He may never live a day alone and the parents understand that..

Abbie will NEVER live a day alone. Period.

OH
and Cilla… damn you failed today lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Anyone else notice how annoyed Cilla was when Asa wanted to show off “how well Abbie was doing with her name”..
Jesus…
Do the Maass’ HONESTLY QUESTION WHY SHE HAD A DAY LIKE TODAY WITH CILLA…

Also.. do they leave Abbie in the car alone a lot?
He did it in one of the last vlogs..
And the Doritos shoe incident where it wasn’t just a parking lot… but a high way… and farther away.. with the windows down…. Dude… does Cilla even want her child alive? Honestly…

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
SOOOO WHO HERE…
Honestly thinks someone who is just about an adult, who still wears diapers, can’t do a single thing on her own, gets distracted, elopes, steals strangers food, pushes and pulls hair…. and has severe non-verbal autism with Severe IDD….

—-
They are giving her such high expectations for the amazing low effort they put in.. why aren’t they teaching her signs? Why? Honestly… someone tell me why COMMUNICATION SHOULD NOT BE THE FOREFRONT OF ALL HER LEARNING…
—-

And the thing is.. while I DO BELIEVE Abbie would be more progressed with better parents, but there is a limit to her. I look at someone like NickyJames.. his only verbiage is usually whole lines of dialogue he heard off of a tv show (it’s quite cute.. not gonna lie .. when he excitingly says “SpongeBob- The Movie!”)
He has autism with IDD.. both severe..and the same age of Abbie about, he is thriving honestly.. but in what he is capable of

And I’m not a big supporter of theirs but at least Nicky looks way better taken care of and he seems to actually love being on camera.. he also has OCD really bad (he will walk out in the snow to fix one stick that is laying weird, zippers on peoples jackets

Also with forcing him to accept certain situations.. he has this thing where women around him can’t have a pony tail… well when someone who takes care of him got a girlfriend/wife, she keeps it in a ponytail around him. Took him a while to accept, but he eventually came around..

—-
TL/DR… even with nickyjames thriving more than her.. he will never be able to live without assistance.. they have him pack things at home as work. But other than that, he needs someone to feed him, help bathe, help clean room.. nicky would do none of these things without some prompting. He may never live a day alone and the parents understand that..

OH
Speaking of NickyJames…his dad, whom I don’t care for, ghosted his vlog for almost a year. Now he is in a situation with the special needs program at Nicky’s high school because the parents are not allowed to call the job coach directly. Nick’s dad continued his vlog recently so he can get his subscribers to sign his change.org petition to change the contact rules. While I believe his cause is good, I don’t agree with his methods of starting his vlog again just expressly for this purpose. And about Nicky, he is severe, but not on any level as Abbie is. He probably could work in the community with a coach since he is able to understand and say a few things.

It broke my heart seeing Abbie on this vlog. She does not do anything without many prompts. She doesn’t retain much and I don’t believe for a minute she did all those things on the chore chart in any record time. And where was bathroom on the list, it doesn’t have to be detailed, of course, but it should be part of her learning. She looks more out of it every time she’s shown.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
So Asswipe redefines he word 'independence' , then I started giggling, hubby asks what do we have to snack on. I said cheez its and peanut butter, he wants ice cream. Sadie wanted to go out. Here I am. What a pompous balloon of hot air Asswipe is. I heard they've been asked to be in the Macy's Day Christmas parade this year, Macy's heard they were popular youtube hot air balloons and want them to be in line right before Wonder Dog.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
SOOOO WHO HERE…

—-
—-

—-

OH
I don't think Nicky will ever be independent but he still seems miles ahead of Abbie..he has way more of an attention span.. can work on art projects, rides his bike, he can ski some with help..he can say some words and seems more in the world then Abbie. Not sure if its because he is less ID then Abbie or because he has better parents that actually work with him.

I could see Nicky qualifying to be in a vocational program at some point.

School……. JSA is probably taking notes about how to improve their program.

View attachment 1646667
Aren't these things she should have been doing all along? In the course of the day ..is that really what their "school" is? Where is she learning words ..nothing involves communication?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She looks more ID than her daughter in that thumbnail.

Let's take a closer look.

Someone needs to show him how to use a toothbrush. And even tho they're both anti-dentist they need cleanings. He is sooo gross.

View attachment 1646628
Pigrillasnufflepus looks so happy in that thumbnail to be teaching Abbie, she looks 2 seconds away from screaming Assache.
WTF is Ass talking about with his independent crap at the beginning of the vlog??? I almost lost track of what he was saying. The guy is smoking crack if he thinks Abbie will even have a quarter of the independent living he thinks she will have!!! Makes it sound like if she learns all the work sheet tasks and does them "with prompts" she can be independent! Get a grip Ass and find her a nice group home where someone won't have a frickin camera in her face all the time and she can just be Abbie! She deserves that much out of life!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I was going crazy listening to Big P saying “beadths or cupths” over and over. She needs to spend some time in speech therapy herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
During the cupth and beadth part of the vlog, a large cup of Dunkin iced coffee is on the island.
Some amount of time later, after Atha gets home and takes over filming, the same cup is in basically the same place on the island with about the same amount of iced coffee still in it.

1. Since when does PMFM drink iced coffee?
2. Did she get Dunkin twice today?
3. ...orrrrr was Atha actually at home the whole time when Large Marge was playing substitute teacher?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Atha has brought a whole new meaning to jump cuts. And poor Abbie had her head in her hands when he said they were going to go pick some more lemons. She needs to have a button on that device to say "duck off Dad".

If you ever see their house toilet papered, it was me. :m :m :m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Asshat is so full of sh....t..... Abbie knocked "school" out of the park.. she was done by noon!! He showed a list of "chores" ... and she just does everything independent..he just has to say ... brush your teeth..etc.

I would love to see Abbie brush her teeth without Asshat moving her hands around or doing it himself.. same for anything else. It was sad watching her wash a bowl and had to be prompted to wash the inside of it.
When he was going thru that list all I could think of was someone has to change her and wash her...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.