Fathering Autism #128 The Hambeasts Feast as Leaf Springs Break. How much more can that camper take?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New travel vlog
What a couple of dummies. The exterior of the house was used in A Christmas Story, the interior was filmed in a Toronto studio 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
New travel vlog
OK...this is driving me crazy. The all-knowing ASS-a can't even quote the tour guide correctly...the movie A Christmas Story was filmed on a set in Canada you stupid d-bag! NOT Indiana! The house they toured in Cleveland was indeed used in the film, but only for exterior shots. We toured the house/museum three times during the years that our oldest lived in Cleveland for his job. This "man" needs a fact-checker as he is frequently disseminating misinformation as a so-called "travel vlogger" 😡 He cares nothing about anything he puts out there - just grab some "content" and move on to the next greasy spoon so they can fill their gullets. UGH!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
WHAT??? Asshat and P learned something??? They do need to let Abbie do stuff. without hand over hand.... but sadly she is nowhere near as functional as Braylee...

Abbie wouldn't just drop the eggs like braille. she would be shoving them in her mouth...

Sounds like they are jealous of Braylee's independence... cant believe he admitted her developmental delay..

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Can you tell me more about why do you think I’m in the wrong place

I thought this is a anonymous place and what are the reasons that other people are here for in the first place

Maybe you are right because I didn’t think it would be like this I came here to talk about them with you but it feels like I am not welcome to be here
So talk, please. It's anonymous.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Right, if she's not already here, we need her on board. She's crushing it! And Amy Lynn, what post were these comments under? I might just pop over and educate Samantha.
They were on the Fathering Autism page on Facebook . His post yesterday when the vlog was released.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ok so really the reason of me not wanting to disclose is because I feel they would know who i am based on all the things I have said so far and the pay might just verify who it is and even tho I don’t work for them now but you never know when a future potential employer will have to call your previous employers. So I am just not trying to jeopardize my own future by messing with them because they are very aware of this website
There are other reasons but this would be most of it
Soo like how aware of this website are they? Do they visit it daily? I sure hope so 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Sorry not sure what is going on now cause some of you are making fun of me while others are asking for information honestly I don’t even know how to react cause this is very confusing rn

By the way for those people that were asking about toys well she has a bunch at the studio which I have never seen her play with either

Sorry not sure what is going on now cause some of you are making fun of me while others are asking for information honestly I don’t even know how to react cause this is very confusing rn
Ok so forget about what your pay rate was, spill the tea. Were they ever smelling of alcohol? Is she really that fat in real life? Is she a witch? Is he really pervy? Did you ever hear him yell at her or Abbie? Is he a true asshat in real life? Pull up a chair and spill it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

By the way for those people that were asking about toys well she has a bunch at the studio which I have never seen her play with either
No joke: A few years back there was a comment where someone noted that Pigcillers breath reeked of poop. Their exact words. Did you ever get a whiff of poopie dragon breath from her? Alcohol breath? Ever see her drunk off of her gigantic ass?

• Haha

I dont think anyone is making fun of you, just laughing at our own curiosity.

• Heart
So watching the "We can be better parents" vlog how did the Wee's all of a sudden come into money? Their earlier vlogs they were in a modest apartment weren't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Have not watched it. Curious as to what they learned?

They're too "anal."

Priscilla was "so stressed" as Braylee was helping to make food.

Hey, Maasses. This is why Braylee has the independence that she does. Her parents accept her and they work with her on her level. They provide her with the things she needs to succeed to the best of her abilities, and they give her space to make mistakes.

You don't do that with Abbie. You never have. Asa's a control freak. Priscilla only cares about having All The Things and seems to derive way too much of what self-worth she has from having a home that looks like what she thinks rich people have.
And Abbie's the one who's suffered. Here's the thing, Asa - it's too late now. It is. She's never going to have the independence that Braylee has because she didn't get that kind of supportive environment when she was young. She won't be able to learn it now, not after being shown for 17 years that her father will hand-over-hand everything and her mother only cares that there's no mess. You don't have the ability to be consistent and forgiving and flexible - you don't have the patience Abbie would need for you to undo some of the damage you've done by being "anal." It quite literally is too late to fix things.

They felt bad in today's vlog. Priscilla didn't quite understand as well as Asa did, but on some level they know.

Just disregard people you feel are mocking you.
Some of us are more ....... abrasive than others, but for the most part everyone's pretty chill.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
So they learned that they should be teaching Abbie more life skills by having her help prepare her own food, but for some reason P is pretty anal about Abbie making a mess. Or was it Asa? Hell, it's likely both of them. I couldn't ear the video very well because of my own loud kiddo...LOL. But, HE helps clean up the kitchen, feed the dogs, carry laundry upstairs, and loves to get involved. In his summer program he goes out and helps in the community. Today he helped sort bags at a thrift store. It may not seem like much, but this is a kid who could barely leave the house just 4-5 years ago. He has made so much progress!

As for the SW former employee, I say Welcome to Tattle! I enjoy having you here.

They're too "anal."

Hey, Maasses. This is why Braylee has the independence that she does. Her parents accept her and they work with her on her level. They provide her with the things she needs to succeed to the best of her abilities, and they give her space to make mistakes.

You don't do that with Abbie. You never have. Asa's a control freak. Priscilla only cares about having All The Things and seems to derive way too much of what self-worth she has from having a home that looks like what she thinks rich people have.
And Abbie's the one who's suffered. Here's the thing, Asa - it's too late now. It is. She's never going to have the independence that Braylee has because she didn't get that kind of supportive environment when she was young. She won't be able to learn it now, not after being shown for 17 years that her father will hand-over-hand everything and her mother only cares that there's no mess. You don't have the ability to be consistent and forgiving and flexible - you don't have the patience Abbie would need for you to undo some of the damage you've done by being "anal." It quite literally is too late to fix things.

They felt bad in today's vlog. Priscilla didn't quite understand as well as Asa did, but on some level they know.

Some of us are more ....... abrasive than others, but for the most part everyone's pretty chill.

You said it so much better than me!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They're too "anal."

I really don’t know that Abbie has the same cognitive ability that Braylee has, but there must be some kind of leeway they can give her to make a mess or screw up somehow without the hand over hand. I despise messes too, but sometimes there is no other way to learn. We learn (or at least I do) from our mistakes. I believe that Braylee would know she needs to press the start button on the Microwave though, I don’t believe Abbie understands that. Two different ranges of the spectrum, in my opinion.

• Heart
Asa is going on about you can learn from others. Abbie is 17 years old! How many therapists have walked in and out of their door? You're telling me they logically didn't know that Abbie should've been doing activities (involved) to learn skills?!? No therapist ever told them since they're too bleeping dense to understand? Notice how Abbie doesn't have her device to communicate. GREAT Parents!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oops I think I started a firesform. My apologies @AintNuthin if I sounded skeptical. Enjoy the banter and chat. Welcome Aboard

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They're too "anal."

And if they try to become more strict now with her doing the work, the behaviors will escalate because that has got her out of doing tasks in the past. So, like a toddler, she will throw a tantrum. Except, a grown woman throwing a tantrum can cause people significant injury and property destruction. This was one thing I despised about one of my sons' therapists in the past. If he started throwing things or hitting, the session was ended. All this taught him was that he can do this and get out of doing tasks. This is where my background in education and child development kicked in and we switched therapists. We managed to undo most of that, not all, but most. He may give me a little attitude, but he also knows that once he has done the task, I am true to my word and he can do what he wants. But, we also did all of this way before he was 17....lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.