Fathering Autism #122 Jr’s in Distress. P is a hot mess. A tries to impress. Sweet Girl will regress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What made me the most upset in tonight's vlog was when he was asking Abbie to put a box of cereal in the cart and then she reached for her iPad and Asa said, "No, we're not going to talk right now...pick up the cereal." WHY ON EARTH?! She's completely confused by everything and they just laugh at her or get frustrated with her.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
It doesn’t matter what they order Abbie to do, she’s never going to understand why she’s doing it. She’s never going to go into any store and independently shop. At most she would probably open some biscuits, sit on the floor and eat them.
I can understand wanting to improve someone’s life and trying to give them independence, but either they are filming Abbie doing these things purely for content now or they’re delusional as to her capabilities.
How come she never sits on the floor in a restaurant?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What made me the most upset in tonight's vlog was when he was asking Abbie to put a box of cereal in the cart and then she reached for her iPad and Asa said, "No, we're not going to talk right now...pick up the cereal." WHY ON EARTH?! She's completely confused by everything and they just laugh at her or get frustrated with her.
They won't let her do anything else until she does what she is commanded to do. They should not be limiting any form communication from her. If she doesn't do what you want after repeatedly asking her to do it then they should do it for it. I think they want her to appear independent in the videos as it makes them look better. They are basically trying to make a 2 year old act like a teenager which will never happen and they need to accept that.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Very true. Its like "witch you know we can see you right?!" Lol. I also had gastric bypass surgery so i think that's why i am more sensitive to the "fat shaming"
I like it. “witch you know we can see you, right?” Those that aren’t blocked should start commenting on her photoshopped pics #BYKWCSYR?????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Why must they always follow the narrative of "Abbie is doing so well"... what we saw was the best of the best of the day... she was yelling at the restaurant..getting into things.... they filmed only a small part of it and based on what I saw..she did not do so good.

I also wonder if when they ask her car or cart..if they just subbed in "car"... as if she was choosing that.... they are so stupid ...it would be much more interesting to just be honest.

Also..fish bubbles...ugh!
I cannot handle the fish”bubbles”….I would rather chew a piece of aluminum foil while listening to nails on a chalk board. 😵💫

They also bought at least 3 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch… why? You go to the damn grocery all the time, no need for 3 boxes
Didn’t they use to keep a box in the car and use it to keep her content? They would hand her piece by piece when they were running errands and had to sit in the car….everything is food

Good evening!
I've been watching this... " family" for a few years having autism in our family it seemed a good fit for information and I think these two mouth breathers are absolute unfit idiots.

Abbie is over weight, non compliant on her best day, rude, regressing in basic human functions and behaves like a feral animal.
Yet these two are pulling her from a classroom to participate in more independent living and being out in society? Like they think she's going to ride her bike and pick up her groceries on her own? When she can't or simply refuses to stand, walk, keep her shoes on, scream and stomp, hit and pinch and do as she pleases.

Her behaviour is 100% the parents fault for not seeing things through, no routine, no consistency, even a toddler understands a stern... NO.
Abbie shakes her head no to everything so clearly she knows very well what NO means, but they never tell her no! They preform some uneducated backwards pro affirmation positive Vulcan mind trick trying to explain it and every couple months Asa changes it, then changes it again. This child needs REAL help. Not these two all he does is play on his cam, and what kind of mother spends more time on her phone than parenting???

The only time Priscilla isn't hunched over buried in her phone is when she's cooking. These parents behave like teenagers.
Abbie should be up every morning with a routine that suits HER, not them. Both these parents are home all day!!! Abbie needs serious exercise, routine, and structure. She acts like a feral animal...it's extremely sad. She needs a sensory room, but Priscilla is more concerned with her Hobby Lobby decor.
They blame Abbies behaviour on autism and being a typical teen!?
No...it's poor parenting no structure no routine..besides putting away her backpack. It's laziness from these two idiots who want to be famous youtubers! Priscilla pyramid make-up scam is just that a scam she LIVES online. She needs to put her phone down and start being present. Hopefully Abbie knocks the deal out of her one day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That’s interesting you mentioned about Abbie not being taught to wave hello or goodbye. My granddaughter just turned one and she will wave goodbye if she sees us do it. She also knows to put her hand up for a high five when we prompt her. It makes me wonder what age level Abbie is actually at. She doesn’t appear to even be able to imitate any gestures.
I think it's because they don't keep anything part of a routine for Abbie. Abbie would have a better quality of life for HER if she had the same routine daily. It's not for everyone, but it's clear she will always be limited.

We have 2 autistic teens in our family two boys 13 and 17 both have different needs but both are non verbal. They have different personalities different triggers different likes etc... But both THRIVE with routine and structure so much that after years of the same routine...the eldest can do these things on his own...shower, get a drink, go to the bathroom, brush his hair... Even make his bed every single day...and he's content not having melt downs because he's not being dragged some place new twice a day, forced to " understand" a new command on a whim....

They have away days... Same day every week same time ( like Abbie knows when her bus trip to Dailys is) It's routine...it's reliable and it's comforting because she understands.

These two parents are trying to create an action packed " Abbies best life" fantasy because it makes them look a certain way....it makes them feel like she's getting out into the world on their terms.

Abbie sits down, stomps off, yells, drums, hits...acts like a feral Helen Keller before she received PROPER help and understanding.
Abbies frustrated and miserable.
These two idiots should be focused on her communication first and foremost and stay on it....they have failed miserably and Abbies feral behaviour at 17 shows that. It's extremely sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
They won't let her do anything else until she does what she is commanded to do. They should not be limiting any form communication from her. If she doesn't do what you want after repeatedly asking her to do it then they should do it for it. I think they want her to appear independent in the videos as it makes them look better. They are basically trying to make a 2 year old act like a teenager which will never happen and they need to accept that.
I think doing things for her is what landed them in this position. That teaches her nothing. She isnt capable of much, but there are things she can do or should do. Having autism and an intellectual disability isnt a free pass- everyone has to do things they dont want to do. Abbie learned early on that tantrums or defiance will most likely work in her favor, because her parents are too lazy to follow through, and want to avoid "behaviors" at all costs. Its not killing Abbie to stay on her feet in a store, or clear a table. Whats killing her is the fact that its only done on camera instead of everyday. I mean, it took Brandy and JSA to teach her how to eat with utensils at age 11, and as we just heard, to master waving hello and goodbye. Her parents taught her "donut". They've failed her completely- they dont want to deal with her so they do everything for her until the camera is on. JMO.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I think doing things for her is what landed them in this position. That teaches her nothing. She isnt capable of much, but there are things she can do or should do. Having autism and an intellectual disability isnt a free pass- everyone has to do things they dont want to do. Abbie learned early on that tantrums or defiance will most likely work in her favor, because her parents are too lazy to follow through, and want to avoid "behaviors" at all costs. Its not killing Abbie to stay on her feet in a store, or clear a table. Whats killing her is the fact that its only done on camera instead of everyday. I mean, it took Brandy and JSA to teach her how to eat with utensils at age 11, and as we just heard, to master waving hello and goodbye. Her parents taught her "donut". They've failed her completely- they dont want to deal with her so they do everything for her until the camera is on. JMO.
I agree... I mean when Abbies shaking her head no...it's hilarious she knows exactly what no means. She can be taught throwing herself on the ground in a store squeezing is not acceptable but it means those parents have to stay in her about it. They're lazy and they wont.
Just like Abbie not wanting to get out of the car... It's become a game, they tickle her, laugh, film... There's no consequences, and Abbies a big girl now...weight wise she's clearly overweight and it's hot...and she doesn't want to walk around the bigger she gets the harder it's going to be.
Again routine...this kid needs daily routine exercises every day...not when Asa needs content...they got her on her bike maybe 5 times last year. It has to be every day or she will never get it it won't stick..

Get rid of the travel RV...keep the pool heated in the winter months and make swimming daily part of Abbies exercise every morning and walks after dinner every day... Even physical therapy which she's going to require soon.

Wait till Abbie is Priscillas size. She can't handle her now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
How come she never sits on the floor in a restaurant?
Possibly because there’s seats there. It seems that she doesn’t like standing or walking for long and whenever they’ve shown her in the park, she usually heads to the first bench. When he took her for that evening walk a few vlogs ago, she sat in the road at one point.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have a disability too and that doesn't mean that I should always get my way all the time. It's funny that they won't teach abbie how to say no but when she does things that she shouldn't do they won't stop her or say no to her. The sad thing is that they want nothing to do with her off camera and they basically want to be left alone. They need to stop her behaviors and prevent them from happening. I don't think they really love and might get rid of her if she wasn't making them any money. The parents are too lazy to take care of her basic needs. She's needs to be taught other words besides donut and fast food restaurants. I don't like how they purposefully try to limit her communication as they are afraid she will say don't film me which means they won't make as much money from her as they would like to.

Reactions: 13
I think it's because they don't keep anything part of a routine for Abbie. Abbie would have a better quality of life for HER if she had the same routine daily. It's not for everyone, but it's clear she will always be limited.

We have 2 autistic teens in our family two boys 13 and 17 both have different needs but both are non verbal. They have different personalities different triggers different likes etc... But both THRIVE with routine and structure so much that after years of the same routine...the eldest can do these things on his own...shower, get a drink, go to the bathroom, brush his hair... Even make his bed every single day...and he's content not having melt downs because he's not being dragged some place new twice a day, forced to " understand" a new command on a whim....

They have away days... Same day every week same time ( like Abbie knows when her bus trip to Dailys is) It's routine...it's reliable and it's comforting because she understands.

These two parents are trying to create an action packed " Abbies best life" fantasy because it makes them look a certain way....it makes them feel like she's getting out into the world on their terms.

Abbie sits down, stomps off, yells, drums, hits...acts like a feral Helen Keller before she received PROPER help and understanding.
Abbies frustrated and miserable.
These two idiots should be focused on her communication first and foremost and stay on it....they have failed miserably and Abbies feral behaviour at 17 shows that. It's extremely sad.

Hi there fellow autism momma!! I have an 18yr old with autism and while he does like the occasional change to his routine, he mostly thrives on doing the same things daily. It's comforting for him and much less stress on all of us. I agree that they could do so much more work on her communication. I don't give a tit if my kid ever waves "hi" or "bye". We teach him to say it or use his AAC. Waving is not a bleeping concern.

• Heart
  • Haha
After the toileting vlog, this right here was probably the worst thing I've seen on that godforsaken channel.

• Sad
Ok, it's Florida and it's warm and humid and Prissass's dream was to sit on the patio? It's a nice brunch restaurant and she wants to be seen outside? Fatboy made such a big deal about it, is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? There wasn't a 'view', it looks like a hotel fountain. And did Baby wipes ever make it to eat with them? I might have to re-watch this in case I missed what the big deal was to eat outside.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why would anyone feel sorry for THEM? They seem to battle with her etc because they have never been consistent, they never do anything to follow Abbie's choices or think of her needs.
I am quite sure they lose their tit at her regularly. They have NO right to but these 2 waste of spaces are clueless & unfit to parent ... well, a fish!
Because if it was anyone else I would have some feeling of empathy for them. It’s not easy parenting a profoundly delayed child. Again, that’s why I said cant bring myself to feel sorry for Asa and Priscilla as they’ve been poor parents to Abbie, however if it was anyone else and they were decent parents and were in the same situation then yes, I would absolutely feel sorry them.

• Heart
Ok, it's Florida and it's warm and humid and Prissass's dream was to sit on the patio? It's a nice brunch restaurant and she wants to be seen outside? Fatboy made such a big deal about it, is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? There wasn't a 'view', it looks like a hotel fountain. And did Baby wipes ever make it to eat with them? I might have to re-watch this in case I missed what the big deal was to eat outside.
That particular restaurant must be one of the hip spots - the Instagramable spots -in Jax. She wanted to be able to get a pic there. That’s all her life is - photo ops

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I can't wait to see a 200 pound sweet girl tear through publix, opening up and eating everything and then laying on the floor and refusing to get up.

• Haha
Isaiah made an IG post about how he keeps gift cards in his car to give to homeless people since he "will never use them." He showed at least 20! I'd be pissed if I gave my friend or family member a gift card and then he publicly said he didn't like it. He should just give them away and keep quiet. Someone is going to break in his car for those too.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I can understand getting emotional if you have not been able to go out to eat as a family in months or in our case, YEARS, but they go out to eat in restaurants with Abbie quite a bit. I would even go so far as to say they do this way more than the average autism family. And thanks to cannabis, our boy's world has truly opened back up, so we have been able to go out as a family more (but still not as often as these people, and no, I'm not jealous of them one bit actually because I love my own life.)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.