Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were probably too drunk to remember to shut it. That was my first thought when he said something about it.
Next time it will be the locks on all the doors going out that he forgets. He's done it before. And Pig too lazy to get out of bed to check when she heard Abby go downstairs No surprise there.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I see what you are saying. However Abbies major motivation, sadly, is food so if she had the mental capability I would expect her to try and work out how she can access it. But she doesnt. Those fridge locks are easy to undo and she watches them all the time undoing them but, from, what we see, never even fiddles with them.
That is my thinking too.. She is strong enough to move a chair over to the pantry and undo the lock. It wouldn’t take 2 minutes. May not be able to understand complex locks like the fridge but the pantry is just a slide..

I am wondering if this is part of her ABA discipline, that is basically unlearned impulse or forced compliance to authority. I have seen both used and was a reason we totally would not do ABA with our own kids. I didn’t want them to give up those basic wants or always giving to people within authority positions.

She basically has learned to ask for food all the time, food is her only motivation tool. She could care less by actually getting it herself, she will wait to get it but will drive people crazy asking for it. Once she gets it, she has to protect it like a wild animal, in case anyone tries to take it away..

It is scary though because even my kids, at 18 months old, had natural curiosity and wanting to go against what someone says but Abbie just lacks those.. It is crazy to see..

Which is why I said that no employer is going to want to even try to work with her. Abbie has to have the willingness to want to work and she doesn’t. She will want to get out of doing anything, she will ask to go to the bathroom or just want to leave. She has an issue with just being within a new building, even after being in it for years. Employers that do employee special needs individuals definitely would try but after so much, they are going to hold their hands up. Especially if she requires a job coach every minute she is there.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
🐷Afternoon mischief🐷
F37BB2D3-0B38-463A-ABB6-2395F45DF27E.jpeg

513EB3C8-02E4-4875-8E06-10154E9CEEEB.jpeg

C6206130-283C-484E-A733-6196AB8E1DEF.jpeg

Not my handiwork below, but I found it entertaining. Someone must have changed their YT name after the fact.😂
B0AE0B4B-FE13-4E7F-9C87-CCCE1D380B16.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That is my thinking too.. She is strong enough to move a chair over to the pantry and undo the lock. It wouldn’t take 2 minutes. May not be able to understand complex locks like the fridge but the pantry is just a slide..

I am wondering if this is part of her ABA discipline, that is basically unlearned impulse or forced compliance to authority. I have seen both used and was a reason we totally would not do ABA with our own kids. I didn’t want them to give up those basic wants or always giving to people within authority positions.

She basically has learned to ask for food all the time, food is her only motivation tool. She could care less by actually getting it herself, she will wait to get it but will drive people crazy asking for it. Once she gets it, she has to protect it like a wild animal, in case anyone tries to take it away..

It is scary though because even my kids, at 18 months old, had natural curiosity and wanting to go against what someone says but Abbie just lacks those.. It is crazy to see..

Which is why I said that no employer is going to want to even try to work with her. Abbie has to have the willingness to want to work and she doesn’t. She will want to get out of doing anything, she will ask to go to the bathroom or just want to leave. She has an issue with just being within a new building, even after being in it for years. Employers that do employee special needs individuals definitely would try but after so much, they are going to hold their hands up. Especially if she requires a job coach every minute she is there.
I think that's an excellent point. Motivation.
Putting aside the ID factor for a moment, there is also the motivation/desire to do something. If it's something she doesn't like doing or has no interest in doing, then she drags her feet, she resists, she fidgets, she stims, she fusses... then eventually does it and has to be kept on task etc. Whereas if it's something she really likes & enjoys, the moment you say it to her she is ON it.
While intellectual ability and comprehension skills play their parts (no one is disputing that), I think that a decent amount of the time she is resisting because she doesn't feel like doing what is being asked of her. She's non-verbal so she can't say "I don't want to put the dishes away.", but she shows it in other ways.

I also think she is extremely prompt dependent from the Massives fcking up doing ABA with her (along with fcking up many other things). I remember back at the old house, Miss Brandy was trying to work with Abbie (and A&P) to move away from and prevent prompt dependency. But, because Asshat decided he knows better and refused to do what Brandy instructed, we have what we have now - total prompt dependency.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Putting aside the ID factor for a moment, there is also the motivation/desire to do something. If it's something she doesn't like doing or has no interest in doing, then she drags her feet, she resists, she fidgets, she stims, she fusses... then eventually does it and has to be kept on task etc. Whereas if it's something she really likes & enjoys, the moment you say it to her she is ON it.
While intellectual ability and comprehension skills play their parts (no one is disputing that), I think that a decent amount of time she is resisting because she doesn't feel like doing what is being asked of her. She's non-verbal so she can't say "I don't want to put the dishes away.", but she shows it in other ways.

I also think she is extremely prompt dependent from the Massives fcking up doing ABA with her (along with fcking up many other things). I remember back at the old house, Miss Brandy was trying to work with Abbie (and A&P) to move away from and prevent prompt dependency. But, because Asshat decided he knows better and refused to do what Brandy instructed, we have what we have now - total prompt dependency.
I would imagine the job coach would have to be with her constantly one on one... and would have to have lots of treats to entice her to do the work (constantly).. otherwise it will be a no go. .. I cant even imagine how difficult and challenging it would be for the job coach.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

These are some good observations and actually made me think. Has Abbie ever used a tool to accomplish something she wanted without any parental supervision, instruction, or presence? Like pushed a chair to climb up on a counter or reach a door lock. She unlocks her car seat lock and door locks. But has never fiddled with the locks to the refrigerator, snack pantry or her room gate? Can she open her room gate and why hasn’t she crawled over it? I guarantee a toddler would be up and over that gate in no time flat. Even if it meant falling over it to get out.

And I was thinking about a toddler’s willingness to do work. I think it is to please the adult (mom, dad, grandparent) he/she is with. Does Abbie have that innate sense of wanting to please the adult she is with (teacher, therapist, parent, sibling, friend.)?

She is surrounded with laziness. So, that laziness comes naturally and probably inherited from the hambeasts who are on their phones or computers all day, taking breaks to eat. She doesn’t see them get up early, get dressed, go to work or consistently perform work each day.

So whether it’s environmental or genetic, it’s interesting. The old debate of nurture vs nature.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
While intellectual ability and comprehension skills play their parts (no one is disputing that), I think that a decent amount of time she is resisting because she doesn't feel like doing what is being asked of her. She's non-verbal so she can't say "I don't want to put the dishes away.", but she shows it in other ways.

Abbie has zero motivation to do anything unless it involves food. Even the endless putting the backpack away, she only does because it is a precursor to a snack.

What really interests me is why what JSA offered is not being used. They are hiding a major fall out. I wonder what the gruesome Kaitlyn has to say. She no longer seems to be the Pigs only friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Not only is she prompt dependent, she's also never given time to work on a task herself.
Look at her loading the dishwasher in yesterday's vlog - Asa was hand over hand with her, he jumped in to correct her placement, he basically bossed her and moved her hands to do things his way immediately. And that's literally after a vlog in the last week where he specifically said he knows he does it and knows he needs to stop.

Just....just try to imagine that. Imagine trying to do anything and someone is up in your space every second of every day moving your hands around and barking orders at you and the instructions aren't clear and it never, ever stops. It never stops. Imagine your boss standing over you for 8 full hours, taking your hands and moving them to type a letter or pound a nail, imagine he demands you empty the trash can under your desk but he says it in Pig Latin so you need a minute to decipher the words and before you can he's grabbing your hands and pointing and shouting in Pig Latin again, and that sort of stuff happens for 8 hours, constantly, every single day of your life and you have no way to escape it. You literally cannot leave, cannot get away from this job.

How would you act after a week of it? A month? 16 years?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
We have settings in the UK where special need adults attend with mostly one to one staff. Here they do fun plus ‘work’ activities, very small tasks with full supervision. Not real jobs but the adults are made to feel wanted and needed and as if they are actually working. This is the type of thing Abbie will need, but it’s not true employment. I work in the special needs area, but in a special school catering for students aged 3-19 yrs, so have much experience in this area.

• Heart
Tonight's tit.

Ok, they are totally delusional. This is so fucked up. Abbie can't be a damn DJ. ABbie eats the bleeping dirt at a damn plant nursery. Also, they have had 16 years to work on basic basic skills and she can hardly do anything for herself. These idiots have lost their bleeping minds. I swear we are all being punked between the craziness of these Slimelife videos, SW videos, and all the in-between.
A DJ?????? Is she drunk???? 😂 😂 😂 😂 What would Abbie do at a nursery? Eat the dirt?? Why do they entertain these ridiculous thoughts?Do they REALLY BELIEVE Abbie could EVER function on her own in a job? I honestly don't understand....

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Not odd to me at all. My kiddo doesn't seem to realize he can go under (by sliding on the floor) our kitchen gate. He sees a barrier, and that seems end it there.
They've also mentioned in the past that Abbie does not climb over the gate because she does not like to have her feet off the ground...and past videos of them trying to get her to step over things, or step onto surfaces that seem unsteady, do seem to bear that out.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They've also mentioned in the past that Abbie does not climb over the gate because she does not like to have her feet off the ground...and past videos of them trying to get her to step over things, or step onto surfaces that seem unsteady, do seem to bear that out.
Yes but every time she sits on a chair or even in the car she puts her feet up under her and sits on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes but every time she sits on a chair or even in the car she puts her feet up under her and sits on them.
But in those situations, she is stable and steady. I think she doesn’t like feeling unsteady or without a solid center of balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That could be because at least she feels that something is under her "grounding" her, vs lifting a leg in the air just by itself makes her less steady.

Reactions: 11
We have settings in the UK where special need adults attend with mostly one to one staff. Here they do fun plus ‘work’ activities, very small tasks with full supervision. Not real jobs but the adults are made to feel wanted and needed and as if they are actually working. This is the type of thing Abbie will need, but it’s not true employment. I work in the special needs area, but in a special school catering for students aged 3-19 yrs, so have much experience in this area.
In New Zealand, we have ‘sheltered workshops’ for intellectually disabled individuals, of which my cousin has been going to one for years. They do do the ‘menial’ work that Arsehat has such aversion to, but I know my cousin is quite proud of the ‘work’ she does and earns some pocket money at the same time. It is along the lines of putting pegs into plastic bags for a charity, folding flyers, inserting cards into magazines etc, but they do it throughout the day, with lots of breaks for playing games, ADL’s, and singing etc, and it’s usually 1:1 but the staff are always doing other things such as toileting, helping with kitchen staff etc.
So the ‘work contracts’ also help pay for the utilities, staff wages etc, as the national organisation is a charity with some government funding.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I would imagine the job coach would have to be with her constantly one on one... and would have to have lots of treats to entice her to do the work (constantly).. otherwise it will be a no go. .. I cant even imagine how difficult and challenging it would be for the job coach.
So along with a job coach she would need a full-time aide. It would not be a job coach his job to change diapers correct? I would think she would require someone full-time to handle that kind of stuff so the job coach could coach a job

• Heart
Reactions: 16
now, American tattlers. I’ve put the super bowl on the TV. I’ve never watched American Football before and know nothing about it other than it’s a bit like rugby but with more padding. Why do they stop play every 10 seconds and then after less than 5 minutes they stopped play and they went to the commentators talking about what happened for 5 minutes! Then they’ve just played for a minute and stopped again and now the commentators are talking again! I can’t see that anything worth talking about has happened! How can you play a game when it stops completely every few minutes! Are the players tired out? I presume I’m watching it live and not a replay? I’m so confused 🤔 anyone want to explain?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Omg. The sow facebook today on LM. “I still like Baby got back. I feel like I’m very cultured”.

Regarding using bronzer: “ this is going to make you look like a snatched queen. We learned last week that this is going to make you look like you don't have a five-head”.

You just cant make this sh—t up!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.