Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
now, American tattlers. I’ve put the super bowl on the TV. I’ve never watched American Football before and know nothing about it other than it’s a bit like rugby but with more padding. Why do they stop play every 10 seconds and then after less than 5 minutes they stopped play and they went to the commentators talking about what happened for 5 minutes! Then they’ve just played for a minute and stopped again and now the commentators are talking again! I can’t see that anything worth talking about has happened! How can you play a game when it stops completely every few minutes! Are the players tired out? I presume I’m watching it live and not a replay? I’m so confused 🤔 anyone want to explain?!
There’s not enough room or time here to explain the American football rules. However, after some plays, the clock continues to run. If they get a first down, the clock stops to move the chains, if there are injuries or if a helmet comes off the clock stops. Also, This game Hass to last a certain amount of times because they have sold commercials for millions of dollars per 30 seconds so, you can’t just rush through a game that people are paying for advertising like this one. It is frustrating, same thing happens with college football to an extent. It’s all about the money

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That could be because at least she feels that something is under her "grounding" her, vs lifting a leg in the air just by itself makes her less steady.
That has got to hurt when she does that on the hard chairs.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think that's an excellent point. Motivation.
Putting aside the ID factor for a moment, there is also the motivation/desire to do something. If it's something she doesn't like doing or has no interest in doing, then she drags her feet, she resists, she fidgets, she stims, she fusses... then eventually does it and has to be kept on task etc. Whereas if it's something she really likes & enjoys, the moment you say it to her she is ON it.
While intellectual ability and comprehension skills play their parts (no one is disputing that), I think that a decent amount of the time she is resisting because she doesn't feel like doing what is being asked of her. She's non-verbal so she can't say "I don't want to put the dishes away.", but she shows it in other ways.

I also think she is extremely prompt dependent from the Massives fcking up doing ABA with her (along with fcking up many other things). I remember back at the old house, Miss Brandy was trying to work with Abbie (and A&P) to move away from and prevent prompt dependency. But, because Asshat decided he knows better and refused to do what Brandy instructed, we have what we have now - total prompt dependency.
I have also been thinking about the prompt dependency. She is also prompt dependent because she’s never allowed to explore things in her own way, she’s always forced to play or do in a certain way with her tables tasks etc. And with ‘life skill’ tasks they immediately jump in to fix it if she gets it wrong either by doing it for her or hand over hand. She’s never been allowed the time to work it out herself. So she’s hasn’t learnt to develop any problem solving or thinking skills. The masssholes have failed her in so many ways. Yes she has severe learning disabilities but I do think that in the right environment with the right therapies she could be so much better. Her speech and language has focused on her talking rather than teaching her ways of communicating better, I cant see that an OT has ever done any sensory work with her, ABA is well….a whole other topic altogether. If her sensory and developmental age needs were met, I think she would be significantly different child.

There’s not enough room or time here to explain the American football rules. However, after some plays, the clock continues to run. If they get a first down, the clock stops to move the chains, if there are injuries or if a helmet comes off the clock stops. Also, This game Hass to last a certain amount of times because they have sold commercials for millions of dollars per 30 seconds so, you can’t just rush through a game that people are paying for advertising like this one. It is frustrating, same thing happens with college football to an extent. It’s all about the money
ah ok, that explains all the breaks. They are showing it on the BBC so there are no adverts at all. Even when Football or rugby matches are shown on the other channels they only put adverts at half time, and before and after. It’s crazy that only 15 mins of actual play time has taken an hour! My adhd can’t cope with the pace! I think I’ll stick to football and rugby!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have also been thinking about the prompt dependency. She is also prompt dependent because she’s never allowed to explore things in her own way, she’s always forced to play or do in a certain way with her tables tasks etc. And with ‘life skill’ tasks they immediately jump in to fix it if she gets it wrong either by doing it for her or hand over hand. She’s never been allowed the time to work it out herself. So she’s hasn’t learnt to develop any problem solving or thinking skills. The masssholes have failed her in so many ways. Yes she has severe learning disabilities but I do think that in the right environment with the right therapies she could be so much better. Her speech and language has focused on her talking rather than teaching her ways of communicating better, I cant see that an OT has ever done any sensory work with her, ABA is well….a whole other topic altogether. If her sensory and developmental age needs were met, I think she would be significantly different child.

ah ok, that explains all the breaks. They are showing it on the BBC so there are no adverts at all. Even when Football or rugby matches are shown on the other channels they only put adverts at half time, and before and after. It’s crazy that only 15 mins of actual play time has taken an hour! My adhd can’t cope with the pace! I think I’ll stick to football and rugby!
Yeah, other than the name football, there’s really not much similar between American football and soccer. Isn’t it interesting though, I can’t handle watching soccer

Reactions: 7

I say give yourself a nice pat on the back. 😻 You now officially comprehend way more about American football than one Pigster Maassive. An American…that claims to watch every Sunday. Though, this may be debatable. She could very well spend the entire time munching on “football snacks”….or drunk before halftime, but who knows?😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg. The sow facebook today on LM. “I still like Baby got back. I feel like I’m very cultured”.

Regarding using bronzer: “ this is going to make you look like a snatched queen. We learned last week that this is going to make you look like you don't have a five-head”.

You just cant make this sh—t up!!!
If you say you’re cultured, stupid pig, you’re not!

• Haha
  • Heart
now, American tattlers. I’ve put the super bowl on the TV. I’ve never watched American Football before and know nothing about it other than it’s a bit like rugby but with more padding. Why do they stop play every 10 seconds and then after less than 5 minutes they stopped play and they went to the commentators talking about what happened for 5 minutes! Then they’ve just played for a minute and stopped again and now the commentators are talking again! I can’t see that anything worth talking about has happened! How can you play a game when it stops completely every few minutes! Are the players tired out? I presume I’m watching it live and not a replay? I’m so confused 🤔 anyone want to explain?!
I’m American and I don’t understand the game! 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I would imagine the job coach would have to be with her constantly one on one... and would have to have lots of treats to entice her to do the work (constantly).. otherwise it will be a no go. .. I cant even imagine how difficult and challenging it would be for the job coach.
I always used a handful of M&M's

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is gold. I never watch sports and I'm American. I do find Bull riding interesting though 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I couldn't agree more. I would love to see her actually problem solving. Like taking a kitchen stool and climbing on it to open the pantry door. She just plain hasn't got the intellectual capacity to do it. She cant work the TV zapper - she has no natural curiosity. Even toddlers can grasp these things. I really cant see her learning more than she has already. The complete and utter delusion that she could do a job is ridiculous. She does zero spontaneously bar grabbing food and taking her shoes off.
As a mother pf an autistic child, reading these just breaks my heart. I do know that everything they said my son couldn't do- he is now doing because we dropped everything and devoted ourselves to him 150%. I feel like these bozos just expect everyone to help Abbie but guess what I learned? NO ONE and i mean NO ONE (regardless of the salary) is going HELP YOUR CHILD LIKE THE PARENTS CAN. I eat, sleep, drink autism for 10 years now. Autism is not am excuse. You just have to figure put how to get through to the child. Rant over

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Abbie has zero motivation to do anything unless it involves food. Even the endless putting the backpack away, she only does because it is a precursor to a snack.
I think there are a couple major reasons for this. The heavy use of 'edible reinforcers' with ABA (despite A&P trying to claim they don't need to use them very often now), and secondly, in the Maassive household, food is everybody's "love language". Princess P uses it to show love instead of just saying "I love you.", food is used for rewards for everyone, it's used for celebration (of any kind), it's used for entertainment. Is it any wonder that Abbie has a strong fixation on food??

• Heart
Reactions: 20
From the title I gather they are thinking of homeschooling?
They claim that this will be Abbie’s last semester at JSA, and that they will focus on job training. There was quite a bit of learned discussion in the last thread about how they may still be trying to access scholarship funds. Some great resources were cited for those wishing to dig deeper

Not only is she prompt dependent, she's also never given time to work on a task herself.
Look at her loading the dishwasher in yesterday's vlog - Asa was hand over hand with her, he jumped in to correct her placement, he basically bossed her and moved her hands to do things his way immediately. And that's literally after a vlog in the last week where he specifically said he knows he does it and knows he needs to stop.

Just....just try to imagine that. Imagine trying to do anything and someone is up in your space every second of every day moving your hands around and barking orders at you and the instructions aren't clear and it never, ever stops. It never stops. Imagine your boss standing over you for 8 full hours, taking your hands and moving them to type a letter or pound a nail, imagine he demands you empty the trash can under your desk but he says it in Pig Latin so you need a minute to decipher the words and before you can he's grabbing your hands and pointing and shouting in Pig Latin again, and that sort of stuff happens for 8 hours, constantly, every single day of your life and you have no way to escape it. You literally cannot leave, cannot get away from this job.

How would you act after a week of it? A month? 16 years?
THIS!!! So much this!!
Very well put! Asshat (and Princess P, but mainly Assa) love to talk about how they don't care how long it takes Abbie to do something, as long as she does it. That she does things differently and in her own time. BULLSHIT!!
Asshat never lets Abbie do things in her own time or let her take longer than 3 seconds (if that) in order to do what he demands AND do it in the exact way he is demanding it. There has been the odd time she has completed a task without him saying anything (probably on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th try) and he tells her to do it again because she didn't place the cup with the others in the perfect way. He tries to say that doing hand over hand is necessary, sometimes. :rolleyes::rolleyes:... I guess we have different definitions of what SOMETIMES means.

I think you articulated it superbly describing how things must feel for Abbie. If we were dealing with the things Abbie deals with, not only her disabilities but the two people who are responsible for her, who she has no choice but to listen to and to have to be around them every single day. As you said -- how would you act after even a relatively short time of having to live with that? She doesn't have to have an average or high IQ to be bothered and upset by how she is treated. I think Abbie deals with a lot of frustration on so many levels and in so many areas.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I couldn't watch it all, but here are some highlights 😁

About 2 minutes, after he homeschools Abbie on how to properly put silverware in the dishwasher, ASSa startled Big P...it was hilarious!
View attachment 1059996

ASSa doing his best Gyroid arm-waving moment.
The Oinkoid Gyroid actually OINKS!! 🐷 I recently discovered it on Animal Crossing!!! :ROFLMAO:😂😂
View attachment 1059997

Can you feel the love...

View attachment 1060001View attachment 1060002View attachment 1060003View attachment 1060004

They are beyond delusional at this point. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View attachment 1060023
Holy pigsweat! Or wait...is that her "dewy effect" :sick:
Screenshot_20220213-210141~2.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
That is one ugly woman, he’s pretty ugly too. Two peas in a pod or is it two pigs in a pen!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.