Fathering Autism #115 Mirror Mirror tell me true, Will Pig ever weigh less than 402?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your post really helped me see the bigger picture. I was looking at it as, hey, she can pay for her snacks like anyone else, where as I should be thinking, what a stupid unattainable goal, why not... Abbie will choose which flavored cookies to buy while shopping in the community! This new outlook will help me at work. Thank you all for keeping it real!!❤
Reading my post, I sound super sarcastic! I promise, I'm not! LOL
No worries! From the outside, yes, it looks great for her to be able to go to the store, try and pick an item and then pay for it. On the back end, there is so much more and Abbie fails to have those skills and I really don’t think she ever will. It has taken my kids a long time to understand them too and one child still doesn’t always get it.
I worked in a huge retail store and every month, the nursing home and group homes would bring in their clients to “shop.” Some were great and had the ability to shop independently or with 1-2 other people. Then we had customers like Abbie. They would go around with an aide or nurse, pick something out of the blue, and just want that item. They didn’t care what it was, they just wanted that, no matter if they had the funds to pay for it. Some clients, if they were still in assessment but seemed to be good, would do this and just throw money at anyone and go to walk out the door. It could be bird seed, a pot, one guy picked out feminine products. The aids and nurses would have so many problems some days with the clients because they were determined to get what they wanted or felt that they deserved, no matter the cost or non-need.
It was a reason I started teaching mine at 5-6 years old, how to make money (picking up toys, helping with clothes, etc.) and they got to track how much money they made and then we went to the stores with those funds, so they could see how much it was. We pushed the value of a dollar and they know how to count money and how to read how much something is. We bought play cash registers and literally did this for years, until they got it.
It is things like this that the Maass family really needed to work on, at home, if they ever expected Abbie to live half way independently but sadly, no. They bark orders at the store, make this or that choice and yell to put things back (because she doesn’t understand she doesn’t that the funds for other items). Then she barely can find the cashier, after being told where to go and kindly throws the money at them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Screenshot 2022-02-01 1.07.03 PM.png

P responded to this comment on her live this morning by saying "Well you know if you switch skincare products it takes a while because your skin needs to purge."
o_Oo_Oo_O
What a freaking scammer.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
View attachment 1032617

P responded to this comment on her live this morning by saying "Well you know if you switch skincare products it takes a while because your skin needs to purge."
o_Oo_Oo_O
What a freaking scammer.
Wow, she really doesn't know anything about skin. I know I have had trouble with acne for years, and nothing worked, so I had to go to the dermatologists. The Slime Like tit sounds like it makes acne work and your face greasier. Thank god I don't do MLM's.

If it was me, I would tell the lady to go to her doctor and get dermatology help.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
P is only a proud parent when it makes her look good, otherwise I have to say she doesn't love Abbie.
You hit the whale on the head with your comment. Ooooops I meant nail, not whale, or did I? Lol.

View attachment 1032617

o_Oo_Oo_O
What a freaking scammer.
Pig, if I was your ugly skin, I'd throw up too! You should not be allowed to sell make up....your skin is horrible and so are Assholes hands after using your morgue cream.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
It seems like it's not just her school either. I'm not naming people but if you have a degree and legally treat people you should probably tell the parents a realistic outcome. >.>
Like of course A and P would like Abs to be independent one day. They should have been sat down by mutliple people and told their goals aren't realistic but here is a realistic goal. You can't really fault parents when they are being fed BS. I really hope they find a better provider and get therapy for themselves and as a couple.

ETA: I'm not saying A and P aren't horrible for other things.
I have a feeling that A&P were told the realistic facts regarding Abbie and what her present and future most likely is and will be. Either they are playing ‘Ostrich’ or they very well know the story and are trying to change the narrative big time for exploitation. I have heard P say on a live Q&A a few years ago that Abbie is intellectually disabled. They very well know the score and we do too.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Talking about Isaiah’s latest vlog
Now golden boy is trying har to sell the idea that mommy and daddy didn’t buy him a house, that he’s not a home owner and all that…
Yeah right, how long until the “broke college student” posts?
Also, the leghumper trying so hard to get him the house he saw and said he liked🤣. He already has a house, whether they admit it or not

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I watch golden boy every now and then, i see that his “friend” is back in the videos again. I am still waiting for him to admit it. But anyway half his audience I noticed are older women giving him motherly advice. To be perfectly honest I find his videos incredibly boring and usually scan through them from time to time again. 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Talking about Isaiah’s latest vlog
Now golden boy is trying har to sell the idea that mommy and daddy didn’t buy him a house, that he’s not a home owner and all that…
Yeah right, how long until the “broke college student” posts?
Also, the leghumper trying so hard to get him the house he saw and said he liked🤣. He already has a house, whether they admit it or not
Well, he's not a homeowner, his parents are. They have a mortgage on that place and theres no way Isaiah is on it lol

Reactions: 17
I have a feeling that A&P were told the realistic facts regarding Abbie and what her present and future most likely is and will be. Either they are playing ‘Ostrich’ or they very well know the story and are trying to change the narrative big time for exploitation. I have heard P say on a live Q&A a few years ago that Abbie is intellectually disabled. They very well know the score and we do too.
This is why Im so curious about what she does at JSA all day, and with who. If its clear (and it really is) that Abbie will never understand shopping/money, never work unsupervised, still cant brush her own hair or teeth, dress herself, cross the street, etc etc etc., why do they keep creating an IEP she cant succeed at? And keep moving her "forward"? And I thought that McKay scholarship also had guidelines? I dont understand it. Are they going to keep her with people her age even if she isnt where they are at developmentally, or is she just a "class" of her own?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is why Im so curious about what she does at JSA all day, and with who. If its clear (and it really is) that Abbie will never understand shopping/money, never work unsupervised, still cant brush her own hair or teeth, dress herself, cross the street, etc etc etc., why do they keep creating an IEP she cant succeed at? And keep moving her "forward"? And I thought that McKay scholarship also had guidelines? I dont understand it. Are they going to keep her with people her age even if she isnt where they are at developmentally, or is she just a "class" of her own?
This is the program their website sets out for 14 and up. There is no way that Abbie can do this. She cannot work a job - even with someone to shadow her. She can't hold attention on a task for more than 10 or 15 seconds, even with someone there coaching her. It just is what it is. So I am curious as well, what does she do all day? https://www.jsakids.org/programs/step-program/

Reactions: 24
This is the program their website sets out for 14 and up. There is no way that Abbie can do this. She cannot work a job - even with someone to shadow her. She can't hold attention on a task for more than 10 or 15 seconds, even with someone there coaching her. It just is what it is. So I am curious as well, what does she do all day? https://www.jsakids.org/programs/step-program/
I see nothing in the step programs she can even be close to accomplishing. Perhaps, and I hate saying this, some kind of group home would Be the best solution. I’m not familiar with group homes though...would Abbie need to be potty trained to live in such a setting, does she even have the skills or thinking levels?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I see nothing in the step programs she can even be close to accomplishing. Perhaps, and I hate saying this, some kind of group home would Be the best solution. I’m not familiar with group homes though...would Abbie need to be potty trained to live in such a setting, does she even have the skills or thinking levels?
I agree with you, Abbie would likely do better in a proper care home. She would benefit from routine, a much better diet and being with people dedicated to special needs. I think Abbie would thrive from doing intellect appropriate activities and could progress, rather than regress. I compare this to the elderly going into senior care homes. Many benefit from the socializing, nutrition and medical staff on duty. I don't see going into care as abandonment, I see it as a loving thing to do as long as the facilities are good ones.

• Heart
It’s obvious she will never even be semi-independent at anything. She is literally like having a one year old that has to be monitored constantly. She needs play time, consistent mealtimes/snacks and someone to keep up her hygiene. That’s pretty much it. Not trying to be pessimistic but that is the reality. They need to stop trying to get her to function at a level she is not capable of.

• Heart
As y’all (? Sp?🤦🏼‍♀️) know I live way, way down under where it is a very strange summer atm, because of the Tongan volcano eruption, lots of wind and volcanic dust, with hot days, but I digress 😋 Two of our local Kmarts have a ‘pocket money’ aisle where everything is under $5.
Mostly the ‘girly’ stuff is full of glitter, but there are little animal shaped notepads, erasers of all kinds, gel pens, small hot wheels vehicles, wooden/ ordinary puzzles, books etc. I like it because it gives the kids autonomy, choose gifts for friends etc and I think it is rather forward thinking for a large department store.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh, btw guy I'm on a two month chemo vacay. I'm on my fourth cold since winter. My feral cat turned into a love bug. A totally different cat. Now, my other cats are big mad she is in their house. Love you guys!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.