Father of Daughters #53 DIY is easy when you're a right tool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He ultimately did this all for content and I bet she was in on it. It’s all so fake. This was probably all planned. It’s like those YouTubers who plan out their vids and have a timeline as to when they will publish them. To him it’s all content, not much of it is real

Reactions: 9
I’ve just been to my kids school sports day and we were told we couldn’t take photos. They obviously can’t ensure they don’t get posted to social media.

I accept this and understand the reasons why.

But still can’t help getting annoyed at the likes of FOD and the other oversharers. It was never an issue when I was younger as people didn’t obsessively share on social media but now as people can’t keep things private, it’s a blanket ban!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve just been to my kids school sports day and we were told we couldn’t take photos. They obviously can’t ensure they don’t get posted to social media.

I accept this and understand the reasons why.

But still can’t help getting annoyed at the likes of FOD and the other oversharers. It was never an issue when I was younger as people didn’t obsessively share on social media but now as people can’t keep things private, it’s a blanket ban!
Same at my kids sports day. Some irresponsible idiots spoil things for normal people who just want a picture of their kids for themselves. Not a bunch of bots and strangers.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m sorry you guys missed out on photos but as a toddler parent I’m SO relieved to hear this.

It’s not just the influencers it’s the trickle down effect it’s had. Everyone feels the need to #makememories and document their journey. I’ve been appalled reading about an NCT mum’s eldest child’s educational struggles/SEN stuff in detail with her full name attached. I honestly wonder if these are narc parents actively sabotaging kids?

But relieved that photos of my toddler in her sports kit won’t be published on fb against both of our wishes. Thank god schools have caught on! Maybe the law next?!

• Heart
Yuck.

Let your still photos be still photos. You don't need to "breath" a bit of life into them by ruining them with gimmicky, jarring effects.

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker etc joined for the Ioan v Alice tit show. But used to follow both MOD and FOD, then stopped after realising he was misogynistic af and how fake they were. See things haven’t changed. I only check back after reading on here and I can’t believe I used to fall for their bs and didn’t realise how much emphasis he put on gender, constantly and what a toxic male he is……and how much he abuses his children’s rights. It’s shocking!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Most of the photos he posts on Instagram show his twins looking utterly miserable so it’s actually nice to see that they are happy children. Weird how he posts so many that don’t show them being happy!

Reactions: 6
Has he forgotten when someone informed him that his photos of the children/family had been framed and used in a dressed show house 🤣 I remember he wasn’t happy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Take as many photos as you like, just don't share them with the internet. I wish Faye Gooding would take this advice too.(& all the other oversharers)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They were really the golden ticket for a an Instagram wannabee who craves attention. The blond curls and smily baby face. Now they just old enough to have an opinion and they are miserable when he takes a pic. So sad.

Reactions: 13
Him posting about it being his parental responsibility to make them feel safe (while he trades their privacy for attention and material gain) is quite something. I don't know if it's just my perception, but he seems to have really ramped up exposure of the children over the past few months, with a corresponding reduction in his "DIY" type posting.

I find this sentence he's written rather odd:
This is the reason I take so many pictures - they tell me that despite the ups and downs of life, we're doing ok and that we should take a bit of time to be quietly proud of ourselves - Definitely more smiles than cries.

I don't think any of us believe that's actually the reason he's taking thousands of photos? Lol.

An excessive number of photos is just that - an excessive number of photos. It doesn't prove someone is a good parent. If the photo-taking really is excessive, it can prove the opposite, i.e. that the child doesn't get to interact with their parent much without a camera shoved in their face.

For your children to "have more smiles than cries" isn't exactly a high bar to set as a parent for their happiness, is it? It's almost like someone's told him his children always look miserable in photos and he's responding by saying "no really, they smile more than they cry!"

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve been very quiet as upside down with morning sickness. His face makes it worse. Smug git.

• Heart
  • Sick
Surely taking tons of photos doesn’t prove anything more than you took tons of photos. It’s like when a couple breaks up and people go “but they looked so happy.” It’s just appearances. And really, Sly, your kids would be safer if every detail about them wasn’t plastered all over the internet for anyone to find.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh god I don't mean to be ageist but his Gordon Ramsay craggy forehead lines are grossing me out.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What’s the room in his latest stories? Is that a refurbished basement?
Looks like it, you have to laugh at the finish when they’re paying for it versus when brands gave it them. Getting the ceiling structurally re-engineered to support a free chandelier versus horrible plaster board chucked up and some damaged hinch grey laminate.

Apparently he has no friends, but he's ok with that. The typos in his post are quite funny.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.