Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FOD & HoH 2022 #ad #gifted #collab list

January:
  • Bigdug - flooring, storage racks and work benches (temporary solution), value Ā£1,111.94
  • Oddbox - fruit & veg box (looks like large size), value Ā£19.99
  • Mina and the Moon - 2x sweatshirts & 4x beanies (possibly more), value at least Ā£140.00
  • Astonish Cleaners - oven & grill cleaner (gifted ages ago, finally used), value Ā£3.00

February:
  • Compare the Market - financial service ad (presumably paid)
  • Spotty Otter - 2x blue fleece lined PU splashsuits (twins birthday gift), value Ā£100.00
  • OTO - 10% CBD Sleep drops (30 day supply), value Ā£69.00

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So he's had sleeping problems for 14 years (blaming the kids) but this last month its been worse.

Combining drinking decaf drinks and other ideas, this magical cbd oil works instantly?

You're baked, mate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This #ad absolutely reeks, I think it's been set up from the start. He posts an obviously unhealthy daily routine, full of things that aren't conducive to a good night's sleep. He asks for sleep tips, then later it's all eye-rolling "everyone has a recommendation when you tell them you can't sleep" - well duh, you were LITERALLY ASKING?!!

So, two weeks later (wow what a long trial duration for a problem he's had for 14 years!) he claims to have done the following:
  • "We now eat with the kids most nights" it says in his caption (what happened to Clemmie's working pattern of not getting home until later, did that magically change too?)
  • He cut down caffeine
  • He exercises during the day, not at night
  • He stopped looking at screens after 10pm (yet was replying to comments around midnight last night lol)
If he's done all that at the same time, he will have NO IDEA if the sleep drops have made any difference whatsoever, so his claim that he's only advertising them because they worked for him is totally disingenuous. When troubleshooting, you change ONE thing at a time, otherwise you do not know what helped resolve the issue.

By strongly pushing the idea that the sleep drops work in combination with other things, some gullible people will buy the drops, and even if they change just one thing about their routine (he's helpfully given a whole shopping list of examples) they will probably see an improvement and think the drops work, so they buy more drops.

It's bullshit, and he knows it's bullshit. He balks at the cost of monitoring his daughter's medical condition, and then flogs sleep drops to his followers at Ā£69 per 30-days supply.

Slow clap, Simon.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This #ad absolutely reeks, I think it's been set up from the start. He posts an obviously unhealthy daily routine, full of things that aren't conducive to a good night's sleep. He asks for sleep tips, then later it's all eye-rolling "everyone has a recommendation when you tell them you can't sleep" - well duh, you were LITERALLY ASKING?!!

So, two weeks later (wow what a long trial duration for a problem he's had for 14 years!) he claims to have done the following:
  • "We now eat with the kids most nights" it says in his caption (what happened to Clemmie's working pattern of not getting home until later, did that magically change too?)
  • He cut down caffeine
  • He stopped looking at screens after 10pm (yet was replying to comments around midnight last night lol)
If he's done all that at the same time, he will have NO IDEA if the sleep drops have made any difference whatsoever, so his claim that he's only advertising them because they worked for him is totally disingenuous. When troubleshooting, you change ONE thing at a time, otherwise you do not know what helped resolve the issue.

By strongly pushing the idea that the sleep drops work in combination with other things, some gullible people will buy the drops, and even if they change just one thing about their routine (he's helpfully given a whole shopping list of examples) they will probably see an improvement and think the drops work, so they buy more drops.

It's bullshit, and he knows it's bullshit. He balks at the cost of monitoring his daughter's medical condition, and then flogs sleep drops to his followers at Ā£69 per 30-days supply.

Slow clap, Simon.
Yes, this is a better thought out way of explaining what I was trying to šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

He's played the long game with this one

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
His #gifted and #Ads have actually crept up considerably. Iā€™m slightly concernedā€¦
I agree, when I decided to start the list I thought it would be about 5 things all year, I wasn't expecting to have to do actual work šŸ˜†

Clearly his recent "busy with work" claims were because he was putting together that #ad and perhaps there are other things in the works too. There's definitely been an upturn. Is he putting in more effort to chase brand deals? Is Alicegate fading into the distance? Does having a few #ads create momentum for more ads? Is a comeback a realistic possibility?

This made me laugh, someone in his comments tried to claim FOD isn't an influencer, and the person they tagged wasn't having it šŸ˜„

notaninfluencer.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 23
To be fair, theyā€™re not wrong. Heā€™s not an influencer, unless you count actively making people choose the oppositeā€¦ although maybe he influences a lot of bots.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

• He cut down caffeine

Slow clap, Simon.

Absolutely right!! Iā€™ve had crippling insomnia for YEARS and itā€™s such a struggle to try to sleep without relying on sleeping tablets/nightcaps. Last night I turned the lights off at 11 because my eyes were throbbing from being so tired, but I was still wide awake by 4:30am.
FOD claiming out of the blue to have sleeping trouble that is miraculously improved by his sponsored ad less than a fortnight later, is just ridiculous. As someone who genuinely struggles to sleep, this advert makes me feel like this is false advertising and I wouldnā€™t want to buy this product.
As a side note, I follow lots of influencers who post about the adverts they reject, and one of the main reasons is that the company requests the influencer to say ā€œIā€™ve been using this for x amount of timeā€ despite the influencer never actually trying it before the advert. This sleep drop advert STINKS of that. Heā€™s clearly been told to say ā€œIā€™ve tried this for a few weeks and I wouldnā€™t recommend it if it didnā€™t actually work!ā€.
These companies all have the same script and Simon is too thick to think of anything original to make it sound like heā€™s not reading off their heavy cue cards.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
FOD & HoH 2022 #ad #gifted #collab list

January:
  • Bigdug - flooring, storage racks and work benches (temporary solution), value Ā£1,111.94
  • Oddbox - fruit & veg box (looks like large size), value Ā£19.99
  • Mina and the Moon - 2x sweatshirts & 4x beanies (possibly more), value at least Ā£140.00
  • Astonish Cleaners - oven & grill cleaner (gifted ages ago, finally used), value Ā£3.00

February:
  • Compare the Market - financial service ad (presumably paid)
  • Spotty Otter - 2x blue fleece lined PU splashsuits (twins birthday gift), value Ā£100.00
  • OTO - 10% CBD Sleep drops (30 day supply), value Ā£69.00
Iā€™ve added this to the wiki, Axa.

Thank you for your tireless Ad work. Do you get a #discount for keeping track? You could have your own puddle suit and CBD sleep drops!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, when I decided to start the list I thought it would be about 5 things all year, I wasn't expecting to have to do actual work šŸ˜†

Clearly his recent "busy with work" claims were because he was putting together that #ad and perhaps there are other things in the works too. There's definitely been an upturn. Is he putting in more effort to chase brand deals? Is Alicegate fading into the distance? Does having a few #ads create momentum for more ads? Is a comeback a realistic possibility?

This made me laugh, someone in his comments tried to claim FOD isn't an influencer, and the person they tagged wasn't having it šŸ˜„

View attachment 1065860
There are more and more companies popping up catering for aspiring influencers/micro influencers who arenā€™t big enough to have a direct in with a brand but have an audience they wish to monetise. Itā€™s largely for awareness campaigns so a brand will set a ā€œtaskā€ on the portal eg create content with xyz products from [brand] and theyā€™ll receive a very minor sum of money for it. Like two digit sums.

You can tell which brands are doing this as utter cringe z listers will all be promoting the same tat. I had to look at something adjacent to this for work and keep getting retargeted asvertising as if Iā€™m one of them and one of them has a minor Love Island character pushing it šŸ˜­ like no hun Iā€™m okay foregoing the opportunity to post photos of my dishwasher tabs x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
If you're not saying it solves the problem how can it be a solution? :unsure:

Instagram story:
"To be clear I'm not saying that this is a one hit wonder that solves all your sleep problems"

Reel video:
"I was trapped in a cycle, something was missing... then OTO provided a solution"

• Haha
  • Wow
Found a print screen with examples - itā€™s utter tat like this. Browse the app for products you already know and love, o aye!

1B30247D-47B2-44D8-B5A0-3FC5B09AD54E.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m leafing through a back copy of Grand Designs magazine and, hang on, I recognise that pink West One bathroom. It belongs to the SODs, but whatā€™s this? 38 year old ā€œRachel and Greg Bowmannā€?? What what??
221CD51B-9BC2-44A4-90C8-38870B7F88F9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I donā€™t suppose the article mentioned the necessity of having a potty for the younger ones as their bedroom is on a totally different floor from the bathroom.

• Haha
  • Sad
Iā€™m leafing through a back copy of Grand Designs magazine and, hang on, I recognise that pink West One bathroom. It belongs to the SODs, but whatā€™s this? 38 year old ā€œRachel and Greg Bowmannā€?? What what??View attachment 1066007
Hahahaha, that's so weird!!! When is it from? Wonder if they got to pick the pseudonyms šŸ¤­ šŸ˜‚ Wish they'd have picked Glen and Greg - has a much nicer ring to it. Glennie and Greggie ā¤

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What a find! šŸ˜† Does it even give a disclamier that names/details have been changed?!

Do you happen to have the date of the magazine? Was it possibly right after Alice was outed and they quickly changed it before going to print? šŸ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.