Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is ACTUAL gold! Dying with second hand embarrassment

why did they invent names and ages for the kids as well?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The publishers were careful enough to pick a surname spelling that didn't lead to real people. But the words of the article sound familiar...

And did anyone notice that he filmed his sleep sequence in the guest bedroom with the migraine wallpaper? I just fell down a rabbit hole reading an old article I'm 'yhe pink house' about Clemmie's plans for decorating the house and that was not the wallpaper she said she was going to have. Just saying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you so much! A lot of the reviews mention things about partners one way or another, and I'm interested in whether there's anything of substance in the book about those going through pregnancy and birth without a partner?
The only book I’ve read is called “Going Solo” but that was more around the choice to do it alone rather than the practicalities of facing pregnancy and birth and early stages on your own. You’ve spotted a gap in the market I think…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The magazine should have called him Cleg. Glen and Cleg. He looks like a dopey Cleg to me.

FOD claiming out of the blue to have sleeping trouble that is miraculously improved by his sponsored ad less than a fortnight later, is just ridiculous. As someone who genuinely struggles to sleep, this advert makes me feel like this is false advertising and I wouldn’t want to buy this product.
As a side note, I follow lots of influencers who post about the adverts they reject, and one of the main reasons is that the company requests the influencer to say “I’ve been using this for x amount of time” despite the influencer never actually trying it before the advert. This sleep drop advert STINKS of that. He’s clearly been told to say “I’ve tried this for a few weeks and I wouldn’t recommend it if it didn’t actually work!”.
C&P this whole comment into a complaint to the ASA. The reason it feels like false advertising is because IT IS false advertising, setting up a sleep problem that only CBD can solve. The ASA would be all over that.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This company wants to a hard to him some butter they created when their youngest refused to sleep arm, you rub it on there bottoms of your feet.

Yup, that's what they said 🤣

WTF2.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
So he's had sleeping problems for 14 years (blaming the kids) but this last month its been worse.

Combining drinking decaf drinks and other ideas, this magical cbd oil works instantly?

You're baked, mate!

Best comment ever 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s so incredibly tacky. If you tried to sell, you’d need to redo it. Surely??
The petty / insane feedback you get off viewings is bad enough when your house hasn’t got girls! permanently embedded in the tiles, I can’t imagine how it’d go for them 😭 also in a high traffic area like the entrance even if they paid to get the black tiles swapped out for spares I fear it’d still be visible as the new white tiles wouldn’t be as weathered as the old/the grout would be newer? 😳

I just can’t understand why anyone ever would have ever done this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Absolutely right!! I’ve had crippling insomnia for YEARS and it’s such a struggle to try to sleep without relying on sleeping tablets/nightcaps. Last night I turned the lights off at 11 because my eyes were throbbing from being so tired, but I was still wide awake by 4:30am.
FOD claiming out of the blue to have sleeping trouble that is miraculously improved by his sponsored ad less than a fortnight later, is just ridiculous. As someone who genuinely struggles to sleep, this advert makes me feel like this is false advertising and I wouldn’t want to buy this product.
As a side note, I follow lots of influencers who post about the adverts they reject, and one of the main reasons is that the company requests the influencer to say “I’ve been using this for x amount of time” despite the influencer never actually trying it before the advert. This sleep drop advert STINKS of that. He’s clearly been told to say “I’ve tried this for a few weeks and I wouldn’t recommend it if it didn’t actually work!”.
These companies all have the same script and Simon is too thick to think of anything original to make it sound like he’s not reading off their heavy cue cards.
Me too. I’ve mentioned my insomnia struggles on these threads in the past and this sort of #ad really pisses me off. He had habits he didn’t really want to break, not genuine sleep issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The only reasons for doing it are 1) to make it instagrammable and instantly identifiable (which has now backfired badly) and 2) you didn’t pay for it so the cost is irrelevant.

The tiles must be a daily reminder of the fact that it’s all gone wrong for them. Ouch.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The only reasons for doing it are 1) to make it instagrammable and instantly identifiable (which has now backfired badly) and 2) you didn’t pay for it so the cost is irrelevant.

The tiles must be a daily reminder of the fact that it’s all gone wrong for them. Ouch.
+ the influencer economy relies on a never ending stream of excessive consumption. Instead of those tiles lasting 5,10,15 years (whatever the avg lifespan of a tiled floor is?) they’re naff within a year or two so need swapping out. Same with those pink patterned tiles & the new blue tiles they got for the outdoor kitchen. Within 6-12 months of these products being released they’re overdone and naff and so Insta moves onto the next hype item…

Reactions: 14
Love when a cheeky comment slips through his slippery Slymon net. This CBD malarkey is an absolute red neck, he has no shame. Plus, looking at their page their branding appears very luxurious and feminine. How does this fit in with his DIY Dad image? Anyway, just wanted to post this screenshot. GRADE A twit.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.