Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My opinion only, and it's not me living there so it counts for nothing, but I'd definitely be changing the twins' room. I'm surprised they're only thinking about "small changes if any" and I'm surprised there are people in the comments saying don't change anything. With all the pointless, massive changing of various rooms they've done, different stages of childhood is where they decide on just subtle changes?!

I'd be changing the whole colour scheme and literally everything that's not built in. The girls are six. Let it be about them and their interests, and not about instagram.

And whatever changes you make, Clemmie and Simon, how about considering this the point where their bedroom stays private?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That story is just :sick:. Seriously why is no one questioning the distinct lack of boundaries/privacy for his children?

Slymon so gets a free ride for it as he’s middle class so de facto considered to be more respectable etc.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Any change he makes won’t be based on what they want. It’ll be based on whatever Insta trend Glen has moved onto, and whatever they can try and blag freebies for.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wasn't it something else before it was Winks as well? Why does she keep changing her identity like she's on the run?
Ohhhh I dont recall, but someone else might? All I know was the Winks Howard one.

Reactions: 4
She’s running from the free kitchens.

Trying to make her way to the Zen room.

Just wishing the brands would stop gifting her stuff.

Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not for this time (and nothing to do with the ruining the house suggestion which I love!) but I've been wondering for quite a while if there would be any interest in agreeing to in future only have thread title nominations towards the end of threads? I know some others do this.

I like having the nominations closer together for a more level voting field and to encourage more suggestions. Also at the moment if something hilarious/controversial is developing towards the end of a thread, it's unlikely to get more votes than one from mid-thread with a month's head start IYSWIM.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow such ground breaking stories from a man looking after his children while his wife works. :sleep:

Is he looking for applause because he’s bought food and fed his children or to reinforce rap stereotypes about what men (supposedly) feed their children versus women?

Also whinging that the twins don’t want to do anything but swear he complained the other week when one of them wanted to play with the brief hail/snow. They must get such conflicting messages from him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They're six. You remove the devices, you talk in a normal voice and your children do as they are asked/told - do people not parent now?

Oh and the twin on the right was proper raging at him in this.

Thought they went on big long awful walks on a Sunday?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You reap what you sow. If their Dad (and Mum busy on Tattle and House of Horrors) are constantly on screens, the kids learn screens are the centre of your life. That sequence wasn’t funny, it was sad. He’s so ignorant. Also he constantly looks like he’s covered in dust these days, and grey and dirty and manky. Doesn’t really go with the CBD oil luxury brand he was flogging a few weeks ago. Is he a fitness guru, is he an example of neglectful parenting, is he a DIY failthusiast, is he an interior decorator, is he a battery charger selling life insurance. What is the point of him?

Also the dogs as content didn’t last very long. Never see them. Probably as neglected as his children these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not for this time (and nothing to do with the ruining the house suggestion which I love!) but I've been wondering for quite a while if there would be any interest in agreeing to in future only have thread title nominations towards the end of threads? I know some others do this.

I like having the nominations closer together for a more level voting field and to encourage more suggestions. Also at the moment if something hilarious/controversial is developing towards the end of a thread, it's unlikely to get more votes than one from mid-thread with a month's head start IYSWIM.
We could put something in the first post of the new threads along the lines of ‘thread title suggestions from page X onwards’. We do something similar on the Jack Monroe thread and I’ve seen it on other threads also.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We could put something in the first post of the new threads along the lines of ‘thread title suggestions from page X onwards’. We do something similar on the Jack Monroe thread and I’ve seen it on other threads also.
I would definitely be in favour of this as long as others are OK with it. Any idea how we'd get one of those snazzy pink Wiki buttons too?

Absolutely right @infragram, the children have had nothing but excessive screen use modelled to them by the parents.

I'm so OVER his stereotyping. Check this out, Simon's "top tips for partners" in Clemmie's book:

partner-tips.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I would definitely be in favour of this as long as others are OK with it. Any idea how we'd get one of those snazzy pink Wiki buttons too?

Absolutely right @infragram, the children have had nothing but excessive screen use modelled to them by the parents.

I'm so OVER his stereotyping. Check this out, Simon's "top tips for partners" in Clemmie's book:

View attachment 1106580
Number five makes me absolutely fuming. SO sexist! It’s like he hasn’t touched a pot pan or mop in his life!

Reactions: 10

View attachment 1106580
Condescending entitled privileged prick comes to mind! Also tone deaf - not everyone’s partner can attend appointments due to various reasons, also there will be some pregnant women who are doing it solo.

Also number 5 :mad: - stop painting all men like this. Just like some women some men will be great in the kitchen/cleaning etc and others will be crap just like some women are! Does he just see women as Stepford Wives??? Also how does he think same sex couples survive if this is his view? Also not very inclusive is it - yes it’s titled partners but still very heterosexual centred.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Amazing. I strongly dislike men who never cook. Especially the ones who never cook but take barbecuing really seriously.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.