Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rangoonio

E3B4EEE3-8C4D-4F6B-BBDF-BEDF8E5A3286.png

This was posted on Twitter yesterday. People are not forgetting this Clemmie, the comeback absolutely cannot happen.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I’m leafing through a back copy of Grand Designs magazine and, hang on, I recognise that pink West One bathroom. It belongs to the SODs, but what’s this? 38 year old “Rachel and Greg Bowmann”?? What what??
221CD51B-9BC2-44A4-90C8-38870B7F88F9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I did it FOR ALL OF US 😆

For example we all knew about the leather jacket, but did we know about "having some proper hand action"? 😜

handaction.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

Spoke

VIP Member
I did it FOR ALL OF US 😆

For example we all knew about the leather jacket, but did we know about "having some proper hand action"? 😜

View attachment 1079999
Buying clothes in aspirating sizing is step one to a unhealthy body image. I feel so bad that four girls are being raised by “being fat is the worst thing ever” Glen and walking penis FoD.

Plus, how shit would someone XXXL already feel like after reading that? “This size is disgusting but luckily for me it’s temporary and you’re a big fat lump and I hate you, all the best 🥰

• Heart
  • Angry

Chortlebear

Amen 🙏 And that would be me… the desperate want, the feelings of emptiness, the knowledge that others lives are progressing while yours stagnates, having less in common with your friends with each passing year and being accurately aware of your age, so much more so than women who were successful. The loneliness, the helplessness, the tears, the yearning that stabs like a knife when you least expect it. I could go on, but this isn’t therapy and I’m not looking for sympathy. I just hate him so much when he’s like this. You’ve hit it spot on though - not everyone chooses to be childless but he CHOSE to be a parent, no fewer than 3 times. He made that choice once, and then actively repeated it twice so why does he think he deserves a pat on the back for the very basics of parenthood. And newsflash FOD. It’s not only parents that “accomplish” things, as you note with your hospital story and your shade at people who don’t work out. Millions of people accomplish far more in this life than you do (without kids or an exercise bike), what do you really have to proud of FOD? An Instagram account full of bots? A racist wife? Children that will resent you if they don’t already? Hint: it’s also not your cock and balls calves you repulsive, tone deaf 🛎 end!
Amen to all of the above. I’m also childless, not by choice and utterly broken hearted about it. 100% felt every word of your post. His throwaway comment about the superiority of parenthood did cut me.
But anyway I can just imagine his smug condescending response if called out for that guys… “Eh… I’m a father of daughters. If you don’t have kids, unfollow. By-eeee 👋🏼

• Heart
  • Sad

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
A few other quotes:

1."I got a buzz from buying something in a size 10 rather than XXXL". And lots more choice phrases where that came from. Really disappointed that a midwife of all people has written a body shaming and sexist book that is meant to be ‘humourous’ but is actually quite damaging.

2.My sister bought me this book as a gift when I announced my pregnancy. Looking at the book, it's appearance is quite appealing. And the fact that the author is – or was – a midwife with four children of her own gave me the impression that she must be experienced in all things pregnancy and labour related and have a lot of information and knowledge to share. But I soon found out that this wasn't a week-by-week pregnancy book that I could really rely on, and it left me disappointed chapter after chapter knowing I would have to wait 2 or 4 or up to 6 weeks to be able to relate to the next stage of pregnancy that the author decided to highlight. It was one of the reasons why I put the book down so many times. During your pregnancy, there is something interesting happening every single week, and it seemed that I learned more about what was happening to my body and my growing baby by using a free pregnancy app over this book, which is says a lot really. The author's views are old-fashioned in some ways and the use of shaming language in regards to women's bodies during and after pregnancy threw me off a little too; it just didn't sound all that professional. There was a lot I didn't necessarily agree with, that made me cringe and overall question if the author was truly a midwife. So I decided to research the author's name and WOW! Let's just say it revealed the author to be someone who I would NEVER personally buy a book from or support their business. I chose not to read the rest of it and since then I have purchased other pregnancy books and found them to be much more informative, insightful and incredibly empowering in every single aspect of pregnancy, labour and the journey afterward. I’m just glad this was gift and not a purchase of my own. And knowing all that I know about the author, it doesn’t feel right keeping it, passing it on or recommending it to other mums-to-be. So, it’s the bin for this one I’m afraid.

I was so disappointed with this book. We are starting to think about trying for a baby sometime within the next year or two and I bought this with the hope that it would provide some solid advice for a first time parent to be. However, the book is laid out more like a magazine than a book; the articles within are all light and with no real depth to them. A lot of the content feels like filler to pad the book out (e.g., recipes, large illustrations etc) and I was disappointed that I learned pretty much nothing I didn't know already (which is not a lot considering this is only the second book on pregnancy I've bought).
The thing that disappointed me the most was the subtle sexist and body-shaming undertones that snuck in throughout the book. Some examples:
- Apparently a 'plus point' of pregnancy is that you don't have to worry about holding in your tummy anymore
- In the same section it talked about pregnancy being a great excuse to 'convince your partner you need new threads' (I'm an adult woman with a career; I do not need my husband's permission to buy new clothes, especially if I am growing a baby and no longer fit in my usual clothes!)
- In the section about finding out the sex of the baby it talks about gendered clothes being a plus and a minus of finding out the sex (e.g., you can buy the 'right' colour ahead of time, or you can reuse white and yellow clothes for a future baby if you don't find out ahead of time). It never considers that maybe the woman does not want to enforce gender norms on their unborn child and doesn't give a toss about buying gendered clothes for their child even if they do know the sex ahead of time.
- In the top tips for partners it says that men should consider making a meal once a week! Weekly?! They should be doing their fair share of the housework normally, let alone when their partner is growing a baby inside them.
-In the same section it suggests men should do a bit more round the house and that they should do that because the benefit is that your partner doesn't whinge at you! How about men should be doing their share because THEY LIVE THERE AND ARE FULLY GROWN ADULTS, not because they won't get whinged at.
- Some body hair shaming content; "you've probably not even had a basic wax in months". Stop making removing all your body hair through a painful procedure the 'norm'.
- Women put weight on their back, abdomen and thighs; "the places us women are always trying to shift it from". Fat shaming isn't fun to read, especially in regards to pregnancy!
- Apparently an essential is to take a mirror in your hospital bag for the purposes of, and I quote, "check your reflection before in-laws arrive". Who gives a damn what you look like when you've just had a baby? If your in laws care then that's their problem, not yours!
- More body shaming: you should have a pedicure so that when you look down you're looking at your toes and not your "saggy belly".
And finally the last bit of body shaming: That with a bit of time and work your post baby body will "eventually look marginally more acceptable". Because apparently fat or not-toned bodies are not acceptable to this author. Good to know.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

infragram

What an absolute walloper. I bet no one asked him about Ukraine on the school run. What’s he wanting, someone to give him a copy of “Russia and Ukraine for dummies?” Followed by a snapshot of his snickers from their cleaner. He’s absolutely tone deaf. Read the room, mate. People are dying. But here you are filming yourself talking about it for engagement before you have a wee cosy snickers safe in your house. Absolute moon unit.

Sorry that was absolute full on rant, I don’t mean to resort to name calling. It just made me so angry. As was said above do your own research, inform yourself. And if you’re going to use your platform to share about it share links to charities that can perhaps help someone like the children of Ukraine? Since your children are your currency, that might engage your followers. And be of some help. Arghhhh 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I’ve been wondering recently if clemmie is ill? She’s a lot thinner than she was pre-Alice-gate and always looks grey and drawn out. I wonder if the stress of the investigation at work and the loss of her Instagram income os getting to her?
I’m guessing she’s just lost weight through exercise and diet (that’s been said by FoD) and that in turn has thinned down her face, plus the fact she’s been publicly humiliated, can’t click her fingers for freebies, has to work, dealing with teenage (rebel) daughter, M’d diabetes, two (imho) troubled twins, has lost the smug grin off her chops and more importantly has to live every godawful day with that arsehole Sly…is taking its toll on her youthfulness. Also I think women go through a bit of a dip pre-40s then the va va voom comes back (spoiler then it leaves again about 50 😭)

• Heart
Reactions: 27

infragram

I made my account just to join in the rants about this knob head. Been a lurker for a while! When I first became a mother I blocked him on Instagram as his smug shitemare of a face kept coming up as a suggestion and i loathed him. Then out of some act of self harm I unblocked him and have been enjoying reading the hilarious stuff here about him.
The alcohol free beer thing does my nut in, saw him pipe up again about that yesterday. Why do a big spiel about the fact you drink too much and are switching to alcohol free beers - is he looking for sponsorship there? He’d drive you to drink. Plus a ‘well deserved’ beer in the pub just weekend … no consistency. He’s so full of shit. I feel so sorry for those kids. They are constantly just switched off and put on screens. Fun when they were toddlers and had plenty of (staged) content for the gram, but now? Nah. Get the iPads on. Also, I have one child and could have nowhere near this amount of time to spend on Instagram. Does that twat ever do any parenting? God he is insufferable. Also - how do they afford that house on a midwife’s wages?!

• Heart

Cariad

VIP Member
He was fortunate he only had a 3 hour wait to be seen in A& E given the current circumstances....and as for moaning about the "noisy" equipment....words fail me , he is such an entitled prick
at least he can work from home and not have to do a 12 hr shift on a ward , which I've previously had to do after a middle of the night visit to hospital with sick child as husband working away from home

• Heart

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I was thinking along those lines, or a comment engagement pod fail or something. Lmao! 😂

Anyone ever wondered what FOD would look like if he had that childhood haircut now?

Haircut.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Bizziebody

VIP Member
I’m so glad my daughter doesn’t see this arsewipes posts at all, at the moment she is feeling very sad for herself that she hasn’t had children & fears that she is now seen as an old maid. He is a truly despicable human.
With his smug posts he has probably made more people feel sad than he has entertained this time.
Even if you are’fit’ at 40 Simple Simon you will still be able to pass for 60, don’t worry.

• Heart
  • Sad

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
He looks like an advert for those personal alarms that ring the ambulance if an old person has had a fall at home. “Thank heavens I was wearing my Geriactri-Siren, the nice paramedics soon had me off the floor and back into my recliner”.

• Haha

Dogmuck

VIP Member
So someone said Clem is recovering from surgery (did he say that? FACELIFT) so maybe Clemmie is ill/unable to help, but don’t tell me that’s his regular daily routine because it’s not. Does clemmie never do drop offs or pick ups EVER? (pretty sure one of the trolls on here saw her at the school gates not so long ago). Does she never do kids dinner or bath times ever? (Pretty sure he posted a photo of her sitting on the bed reading to the kids and waxing about how much better she is at bedtimes than him). He’s talking bollocks as per looking for some attention. My husband wakes up at 5am to do his exercise Sly, he always has, because he had to actually parent and go to work. He wasn’t always there for our kids bath or bedtimes but neither was I because we were both working. We shared the responsibility like most parents who work do. What neither of us did when we had young kids was spend any time on social media because we didn’t have the time (disclaimer - it didn’t exist). You want to increase your “me time”? What exactly do you think Fuxking about on IG is? It’s not working (trust me hun, the hours you’re putting in for some rechargeable batteries just ain’t with it) so get off ya bastard phone and be present!

• Heart