Father of Daughters #51 Stop trying to make Clemmie happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was even the point of that disturbing ramble about birthday parties?
He seems manic.🙀

Reactions: 9
I have no right to point this out and make a scene - but i feel i should and my old mum used to say “ coffee addict , do what you feel hun “

So here goes - i am vip member now !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
We have two chidren, same kind of age as the twins. If / when we take them to a pub I am LOADED with colouring books, sticker books, card games, mini games. Literally bag full. They can stay happily entertained for an hour, I can drink my wine, sometimes I join in for a game of Uno. Everyone is happy. You can do all these things at home of course but sometimes home is too distracting. Going out to do them can work quite well.
My little girl is 3 and since she has needed to be entertained when she is out (past baby age) I always go armed with a bag of cuddlies, crayons, books, small toys to keep her entertained. Really boils my blood when people just plonk their kids in front of a screen to amuse them when they are out.even in the supermarket! I always chat to my little girl about what we are buying and she "writes" her own list to take.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wonder why he hasn't bothered replying to comments on his #ad post, apart from one about crypto(!)

He could double the comment count simply by replying to each one, and show a bit of enthusiasm for the brand he's representing to make them more likely to hire him again?

A huge amount of work went into that ad - interpreting the brief, planning, setting up & filming 18 or so scenes (and who knows how many more didn't make the final cut), writing a script, graphics, effects, captioning, voice over, editing, discussions with client/agency, having it approved etc. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the best part of a week's work if he was working on his own.

I bet he was fully expecting it to be a huge hit. He's probably even more offended than when people didn't like his santa hotline 😜

28lol.jpg

Reactions: 12
Behaviour is communication and if a child is chucking plants down the stairs then there’s some form of emotional distress there. It’s not something I’d proudly share on my socials, but I actually like and respect my daughter and wouldn’t pimp her out, so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m sorry, but in this week’s climate where millions of families are worried and thinking about the financial struggles ahead of them his posts on HOH are in really really bad taste.
They’re potentially going to put in a very expensive ‘secret entrance’ to the basement instead of the usual stairs that should be there.

Imagine having that much money that that’s a viable option… and imagine being so ignorant and numbly un- empathetic that you can’t see what other people are struggling with 🤦‍♀️ (Whilst giving tours of your huge house!)
This is on top of them ripping out perfectly good and nice tiles because their feet get cold in hall!
I mean, for fucks sake!
Usually I just get mildly irritated at him/them, but this rage I’m feeling is something new. It’s all in such bad taste 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Bet their neighbours will be happy with even more building noise to put up with. :ROFLMAO:

1643984427504.png
1643984543470.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
FOD is the type of 30/40 year old man who is hired as the bigboss in a predominantly female work space and is tackled with improving the workers productivity while simultaneously doing s*it all himself. Then leaving onto a better opportunity after he causes havoc and things go tits up.

The basement saga is a beg for free structural drawings and advice/services. The stairs leading down to the basement were perfectly adequate but the Planet Thanet delusionals have to be extra. Probably cause they can't afford London prices.

L
Here is a theory ( one I obviously don't wish on him). He's sick. Like a serious illness. Maybe thats why he doesn't work at the moment. That is not a picture of a healthy 39 years old.
Like a personality disorder?

Agree. He knows where to go for the advice he needs, or if he doesn't he has contacts he can ask. If none of them are talking to him, it's not difficult to use the web to find out. This is yet another massive grab. This is major work that wasn't even on his project list a couple of weeks ago!

It's also a really stupid idea to show that level of detail of the interior circulation of your house, including a floor plan showing how the children's playroom can be accessed by a side door.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
He's touched on it in the stories but I suspect the real reason is that they're looking at making it a self contained basement flat with its own entrance at street level. Rental income 💰

Doing all that work and having an unpractical secret entrance behind a bookcase in the playroom, rather than move two dog crates from under the main stairs is a bloody ridiculous idea otherwise 😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Agree. He knows where to go for the advice he needs, or if he doesn't he has contacts he can ask. If none of them are talking to him, it's not difficult to use the web to find out. This is yet another massive grab. This is major work that wasn't even on his project list a couple of weeks ago!

It's also a really stupid idea to show that level of detail of the interior circulation of your house, including a floor plan showing how the children's playroom can be accessed by a side door.
Agree with your point about showing floor plans, so unsafe and thoughtless.
Renovation IG accounts who show that level of detail and then moan about privacy and people looking up their houses online! Delusional and ridiculous to think random nutcases online are going to protect you and your families privacy MORE than you should!

Yes the rental income from the self-contained flat will come in handy then this odd couple have burnt all their bridges elsewhere and the IG bubble finally bursts.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I get bleeping whiplash watching his stories.

Can you not pick one room and bleeping finish it before planning what other room you want to beg freebies for?

What's happened to the unfinished garden?

The utility room/15th Kitchen?

The lead windows?

No, now you're talking about bench cushions and what cloth swatches to use for them.

Underfloor heating and new flooring in the hall.

New entrances to the basement.

Someone give the man some Valium.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Clemmie’s mum rents out the shed in her garden as an Airbnb doesn’t she? Probably inspo for this, isn’t their basement a hellhole tho? 😳 and staying below kids screaming and chucking plants down the stairs?! Yikes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Clemmie’s mum rents out the shed in her garden as an Airbnb doesn’t she? Probably inspo for this, isn’t their basement a hellhole tho? 😳 and staying below kids screaming and chucking plants down the stairs?! Yikes.
Nah, they got the inspo from here when it was said their basement was bigger than some people's whole living space! 😜

They'd need to find a way to get some natural light down there. It's usually doable with lightwells, but it won't be cheap. They'd lose some of their precious garden space to provide lightwells around the footprint, and if they divide some off to rent with the flat.

Can you imagine them decorating and furnishing the flat with all their manky, smelly cast-offs that have been in the basement the last few years?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I definitely think they are the type of family that likes to look like they are rich but probably have a huge amount of debt. Especially now they have to pay for stuff!

Plant kicked down the stairs? Forgot they do that bleeping ridiculous thing of having plants on the stairs 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.