Father of Daughters #46 Richard_of_the_ranaissance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep meaning to ask if anyone has read this book ‘Everything’s Perfect’ by Nicole Kennedy? Also can’t remember if I’ve asked this before or am regurgitating someone else’s post?!

9D4ADF31-D96C-4D2D-B6A0-45C51F17060D.jpeg
BF051F3B-302A-4294-B126-5806BED70EF8.jpeg

It really could have gone further than it did into the whole Insta charade/grifting to parents IMO. But kind of ended up trying to excuse it all/brushed it aside? Almost tries to make you feel sorry for Cassie - potential spoiler: makes her husband out to be a dick/unsupportive of her using their children on social media to grift. Not saying his character is perfect by any means but he makes some good points re the children but the way it’s written makes her the victim?!. TBH it was a slow read as it didn’t reel me in.

I’ve got ‘People Like Her’ on my reading list - think someone in the last thread may have mentioned it/read it?

OT - What awaits us tomorrow re Fod and the Euro 2020 final? Already have a cringe on in anticipation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve got ‘People Like Her’ on my reading list - think someone in the last thread may have mentioned it/read it?
im following you around tattle today sorry my love. I’ve read it and really liked it to begin with for exactly your point - it made some really sound commentary on the grifting parent exploiting their child. However it just got really silly towards the end, it feels like they were too scared to really commit to the point so it had to be a ridiculous caricature of anything that could ever happen? I’m going to read this one next tho as I need something to ease me back in after a rough month of sleep deprivation.

Also Cassie and Emmy are the villain names, Clemmie get ur cheque hun they’re taking the piss here 😂

• Heart
im following you around tattle today sorry my love. I’ve read it and really liked it to begin with for exactly your point - it made some really sound commentary on the grifting parent exploiting their child. However it just got really silly towards the end, it feels like they were too scared to really commit to the point so it had to be a ridiculous caricature of anything that could ever happen? I’m going to read this one next tho as I need something to ease me back in after a rough month of sleep deprivation.

Also Cassie and Emmy are the villain names, Clemmie get ur cheque hun they’re taking the piss here 😂
No need to be sorry - especially as I’m now doing the same! Wonder what it is that stops them actually following through with the sound commentary? Who are they worried about pissing off? It seems like a wasted opportunity to really dissect/show the grifters for what they are. Will read this one soon.

Oh my have seen that Mother Pukka has thrown her hat into this ring too…be interesting to see how hot her take really is on this given she benefits from paid partnerships/cashed in on the grifting (flexi work campaigning aside) though didn’t Clemmie call her a budget Zoe Ball so maybe she will go for the jugular in revenge? Wonder if Swim Tits will review it for her shite mag?

F3781F39-EA26-454E-A69B-065562401C41.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Who are they worried about pissing off? It seems like a wasted opportunity to really dissect/show the grifters for what they are.
Tbh I think I had too high a hopes from the book, ultimately it’s meant to be fiction with mass appeal not a take down on the industry? We’re all quite open on tattle with how we feel but in the real world most people aren’t even aware they’re being monetised (sadly). Also influencer books making publishing houses £££ in an increasingly tough market so there’s that too 😬

We desperately need some one to write the anti influencing bible! Clare Seal’s money book was verrrry good at tackling this (I only read 2/3 chapters as the debt repayment wasn’t relevant so she may have let the side down in that and I wouldn’t know lol) but we need something that gives us DRAMA!!

Clemmie call her a budget Zoe Ball so maybe she will go for the jugular in revenge?
😂😂😂😂 I forget how no one was safe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Whose review is that?
Ah sorry the screenshot cut it out - comedian Ellie Taylor, who used to do the Heart radio show with Mother Pukka. Think they still do a podcast together so gonna be a biased review.

Tbh I think I had too high a hopes from the book, ultimately it’s meant to be fiction with mass appeal not a take down on the industry? We’re all quite open on tattle with how we feel but in the real world most people aren’t even aware they’re being monetised (sadly). Also influencer books making publishing houses £££ in an increasingly tough market so there’s that too 😬

We desperately need some one to write the anti influencing bible! Clare Seal’s money book was verrrry good at tackling this (I only read 2/3 chapters as the debt repayment wasn’t relevant so she may have let the side down in that and I wouldn’t know lol) but we need something that gives us DRAMA!!

Sadly you’re right - I kind of forget that in the real world most people are completely unaware of the grift. I also forget how much £££ publishers get from influencer books - the likes of Mrs Hinch being a Sunday Times Best Seller.

TBH I wouldn’t blame Pukka if she threw Clemmie (obvs albeit it with another name - any anagrams of Clemmie?) to the wolves in her fiction - she always went on about how they were besties and that Clemmie had supported her as a friend and midwife through some of her miscarriages so that must have felt a real stab in the back when Clemmie trash talked her here. That aside the way some of the other influencer huns dined out on being so betrayed/hurt by it all was hilarious, especially the ones who are relatively small fry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sadly you’re right - I kind of forget that in the real world most people are completely unaware of the grift. I also forget how much £££ publishers get from influencer books - the likes of Mrs Hinch being a Sunday Times Best Seller.
The Pastor Joel Osteen got a $13 million advance for one of his books! Can you imagine the book sales!?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
No need to be sorry - especially as I’m now doing the same! Wonder what it is that stops them actually following through with the sound commentary? Who are they worried about pissing off? It seems like a wasted opportunity to really dissect/show the grifters for what they are. Will read this one soon.

Oh my have seen that Mother Pukka has thrown her hat into this ring too…be interesting to see how hot her take really is on this given she benefits from paid partnerships/cashed in on the grifting (flexi work campaigning aside) though didn’t Clemmie call her a budget Zoe Ball so maybe she will go for the jugular in revenge? Wonder if Swim Tits will review it for her shite mag?

View attachment 658396
Do you think the swipe up is an affiliate ad?

Reactions: 2
Do you think the swipe up is an affiliate ad?
Hmm I’d like to say no (generally like Ellie Taylor) but not naive either so equally could be. Am sure I’ve seen on the Jack Monroe threads there’s a way to see if it from the url, or maybe it was here with Fodney linking something and another user was able to decipher if was an #afflink

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hmm I’d like to say no (generally like Ellie Taylor) but not naive either so equally could be. Am sure I’ve seen on the Jack Monroe threads there’s a way to see if it from the url, or maybe it was here with Fodney linking something and another user was able to decipher if was an #afflink
There is, scroll to the right hand side and look at the UTM parameters. Usually there will be a bit called ref or aff and it’ll have a semi recognisable name, like Jack’s is MxMonroe when she shares her undeclared affiliates.

Reactions: 2
Smirking to myself at ST’s football crudités…wonder if the OD’s were there having a nibble while pretending to like football.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Smirking to myself at ST’s football crudités…wonder if the OD’s were there having a nibble while pretending to like football.
Despite her best efforts to make it as unidentifiable as possible, the photo looks like it was at the ODs...garden cinema a go go
20BC7072-EB27-455F-9CDF-E2ED7B91B1F8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Imaging turning up to watch the football at your mates and they’re serving green beans as the snacks 🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
What every diehard football fan has on their snack table- a huge bleeping vase full of pink peonies.

Oh she is so cringe I wince every time I look at her tableware arrangements captioned with stuff like ‘supper al fresco’ etc 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.