Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Middleagedwannagramma_

I thankfully haven't been able to focus much time on instagram over the past week but picking up on the fact that there are so many comments re the daughter's looks is everything that is wrong with our society - still!! To consider a young girl's looks through the 'male gaze' i.e. how pretty she is, is an enormous issue, it perpetuates the cycle of comparison and improvement, when neither of these things are even slightly important or relevant. It infuriates me that it is still so prevalent in 2021?!! When will this stop ffs. I was listening to the Historian, Mary Beard (one of my favourite humans, that I don't actually know!), discussing this very thing this week, she speaks so intelligently about it all and her experience of abuse on twitter for her looks (that she largely ignores). 'Good' looks are not important, end of.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I don’t actually follow FOD , and never did MOD although I heard about everything that happened through the insta vine .
My son was diagnosed type 1 last June age 6. And it’s the most horrific thing we’ve ever gone through as a family. Life is completely different . I still grieve for the life he used to have . I’ve got to admit that I feel it’s fantastic he’s using this platform to raise awareness .. there isn’t anywhere near enough out there about this disease . Especially with now more children being diagnosed type 1 due to COVID .
That being said I couldn’t even talk/ text people unless they were close friends and family for nearly a month after my son’s diagnosis. Everyone deals with things differently i suppose .
Raising awareness in a considered manner with appropriate images, information and supportive links; once the family have had time to process the illness makes some sense to me too.

Posting a photo of a vulnerable child, in pyjamas, in a hospital bed with hysterical attention seeking hope of getting big likes...is just such a horrendous crossing of boundaries. How so tragic that his first thought is to share this on Insta!

I keep thinking that there will be a backlash against exploiting children’s privacy but it doesn’t seem to be coming. I listened to a You Tuber who has young children on Radio 5 yesterday (it was on Nihal’s parenting slot) she was talking about her worries of her child growing up and their safety, whilst I was nodding along with what she was saying I then had a look on her Insta and can tell you all about her young girls interests, birthdays, wardrobes, meal times, days out etc etc

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

Blahblahbuzzy

Good point.

Maybe it was Foddo who stuck his head above the parapet and said ‘looks like enough time has passed to show my racist wife on her new Instagram account and FINALLY deliver the advertising stories Herringbone and Zip Water paid for (but no longer really want) PLUS they might throw another free kitchen my way!’

🙃
Ah the poor loves need another kitchen. Where will the new kitchen go? Will they keep going until every room is a kitchen?
Imagine the conversations they must have.

FOD: Where's ma Brewdog beer gone Glen? The rugby's on and I want to stage a picture for the gram in the hope of an ad have a drink?
MOD: in the kitchen hun.
FOD: I am in the kitchen and I can't see them. Can you just get me one? I'm in the middle of balancing the twins at the top of the pantry for the gram filming something hilarious.
MOD: Which kitchen you in? I'm in the dressing room kitchen washing ma brushes, just have a look yourself ya lazy git.
FOD: I don't want to go outside to check the garden kitchen it's cold.
MOD: FFS why would I put them in the garden kitchen? They are in the other kitchen.
FOD: I am in the kitchen though.
MOD: WHICH KITCHEN?
FOD: THE KITCHEN KITCHEN.
MOD: They are in the other kitchen.
FOD: WHAT DO YOU MEAN.
MOD: The UTILITY ROOM.
FOD: why the f*ck didn't you just say that at the start.

<hiss of a can opening>

MOD: Hun, what do you think about a kitchen island in the toilet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Why is his main concern that the show home is using it for commercial gain? Not that people are clearly downloading photos of his daughters and that he’s caused that?! Priorities....

Emmadale

VIP Member
EE66513F-2C5D-44CF-B219-4BCDC154C21F.png

#bottastic

women’s names but pics of men. Cringe.

And thought DLAM ditched them?! Clearly not. She made out she did when challenged on BLM!

• Haha
  • Wow
Absolutely disgusting - this is a potentially life threatening condition, that poor girl looked so thin - WHY take a picture of her in that state and then post for thousands of strangers to see - it should not be allowed.

I lost a family member to complications of diabetes when they were in their twenties - this is so serious. The physiological impact of this disease can be as serious at the physical, especially to a young person growing up.

But honestly how could she have got that thin without them realising something was wrong - Clemmie is a medic, she doesn't really deserve any praise , she should have noticed it a lot earlier

Shame on him for doing that

• Sad
  • Heart

Emmadale

VIP Member
Bet he hates that he can’t do a post about Mother’s Day as Glen would have to be the main feature!

Saying that, I’m surprised he doesn’t do one about himself as he claims to do all the childcare anyway!

And Happy Mothers Day to you all - those who are mothers and those who can’t be, want to be, were and are without theirs ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
My closest friend and I both come from families where personal information was shared widely in the family or with family friends. Not on SM, just old fashioned phone calls and over coffees. And it both bothered us A LOT (no alots when @Hatchet_job is around 😉) both when we were young and as we got older. We've both held information back from family members who we knew would make it family business/knowledge because we are very private people. I cannot conceive of what it must be like to be a child of the Hoopers or similar "influencer" who shares private moments / images/ information with an unknown audience on the internet.
My in-laws are like this now. You can say “don’t tell anyone” and they will tell everyone. And when you call them on it they’ll say “oh well Grandma was over” or “oh but I was having lunch with Aunt Whoever.” So when I went through an awful time 2 years ago with issues typically associated with Crohn’s I made it VERY clear to my husband that they weren’t to know anything - not that I was seeing consultants, not that I had 2 pretty major operations, not what my recovery is like, not that I live with the fallout every day. Nothing.

When people betray your privacy, you remember it. Don’t be shocked, Sly & Glen, in the future when your girls hold everything back from you.

• Heart

Pommes

Chatty Member
At what point, as a parent, between your child being diagnosed with a life changing condition and coming home do you say “hey, mind if I share with nearly 1m ‘people’ and erm, use this horrifically intrusive photo to accompany it?”

Absolutely disgusting - this is a potentially life threatening condition, that poor girl looked so thin - WHY take a picture of her in that state and then post for thousands of strangers to see - it should not be allowed.

I lost a family member to complications of diabetes when they were in their twenties - this is so serious. The physiological impact of this disease can be as serious at the physical, especially to a young person growing up.

But honestly how could she have got that thin without them realising something was wrong - Clemmie is a medic, she doesn't really deserve any praise , she should have noticed it a lot earlier

Shame on him for doing that
She really does look so thin.

• Sad
  • Heart

Bizziebody

VIP Member
If St. Clam was so on the case and SHE got her daughter into hospital why was he seeking medical advice from his bot/huns?
These two are the poster parents for everything that is wrong with Instagram, full of their own self importance and not a single thought for how their actions will impact on their girls lives.
Did knob really need to share that info about the school? NO.
In my opinion hospitals should be camera free zones, that's just me though.

• Heart

HensInTheSkirting

As a parent, I think most of us have done a bucket seat sleep in A&E or on a ward with a sick child. The thing is, when your child is sick, scared, in pain and wanting the parental comfort and reassurance, I’m sure to hell that the majority of us would not reach for our Google pixel phones (ad) and snap a few pics of our sick child and a flatlay of their medication/pamphlets.

This is his (their) signal to reignite to ‘OD brand. He has engagement and St Clam is ironing her stethoscope.

• Haha
  • Heart

LuBiLu

VIP Member
Strange that the company is thinking of collaborating with these two racists.
I'll get on to messaging them!

Also, did anyone hear whatever child was supposedly painting his toes say when he filmed his little non existent toe nail?

"Daddy don't show them that!".

So the kids know it is all for the gram. I find that sad. It isn't because their dad wants to spend quality time with them, or be a fun dad. It's for content purposes only.

• Sad

Dogmuck

VIP Member
He’s begging like fk on the HOH account. I cba taking screen shots but just go and look at who he’s (Glen) just followed...artificial grass companies (he’s tagged), trampoline companies (he’s tagged) 🙄 also decking companies and other garden companies. I bet his agents are on to them all now begging like fk to get the garden makeover done.

Makes me want to punch him in the face, cos I’d like to get my garden done for free.

• Sick
  • Angry

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Poor kid is at that age where EVERYTHING about them matters and her entire life will have been thrown upside down. She’s going to really struggle until she understands her condition and how to manage it. Imagine that as you’re just hitting your teens? A diagnosis like type 1 is not easy at any stage/age but when you’re older, your hormones are going mental and your body means everything to you, this is a major blow.

Sorry to go OT
@Exhaustednurse - you are my hero 🦸‍♀️You (unless there was more before this) are the founding father of this thread - you are not a lurker, you are our number one deity 🙏🏼 There is a blue plaque with your name on in the VIP lounge 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

ETA evidence of your early miracles oh great one - the first post on the first thread
I am honoured to hear that I was the founding father of this magnificent thread 😂😂

I have always had clear view of their antics mostly driven my MODs questionable behaviours link to being a celebrity midwife / influencer. As a nurse I don’t understand how to two can work together whilst remain on the right side of our code of conduct.

Also the whole ‘st Clem of midwifery’ used to wind me right up. Any posts that attracted criticism sharply followed by a pic of Clem in scrubs, with bits of placenta in her. #saint

• Haha
  • Heart

LuBiLu

VIP Member
I messaged both trampoline companies, and both grass companies.

You're welcome Sly 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Tell.A.Tale

Chatty Member
Did I just watch FOD break dance? Someone please shoot him. Also hand up. I’m going to have to unfollow soon. This whole slag off my kids all the time stuff is getting to me. There are some people out there Simon who would love to have even 1 child, you have 4 and you moan about it constantly. You ungrateful, unfunny dickhead. Slagging off your kids on social media isn’t gracious or funny and it makes you a dick. End of. Also it’s Woman’s Day so just fuck off already.

• Heart
  • Haha

Cariad

VIP Member
What with FOD administering ALL the vaccines and MOD and her IVAbs, they're practically saving the world we're not worthy

• Haha
  • Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Every time I’ve been in hospital with one of my kids, that moment we leave together is a moment of elation and relief. Not once do I think to hang back to take a photo to post online. What the actual hell is going on with these numbskulls? There is no nurture. Just engagement.

Do they try and cram every space with as much crap as they can?!

Also, given by their own admission, and online life basically turned Glens life inside out, why the hell would you put your daughter in that position? At such a vulnerable age too. Absolute idiot. I’ve said this before, and sadly have no doubt I’ll say it again, he sinks further in my estimation daily.

• Heart