Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmadale

VIP Member
I’ve been thinking about this a lot today... that he must have literally been bursting to get the ‘news’ out there to have shared it so soon. No idea how long this type of diagnosis takes but it feels like he’s thrown it out there super quick.

So apart from not having time to digest the news themselves, all her friends will know before she’s seen or spoken to them, he’s taken so much away from her in doing this. He mentioned in one of his replies that she’s not back at school yet but the whole school will know by the time she’s back and she’ll no doubt have that feeling that everyone has been talking about her.

The photo of her and Glen walking out the hospital is another stolen moment for the gram. It should be as it looks - a mother comforting her baby as they enter the unknown whereas it’s contrived (Scamp and Dude rucksack strategically placed in shot) for him to share it on the gram. Very sad indeed.

Bet he’s just buzzing over all his engagement today!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Axatogrind

VIP Member
I went back to check the exact quote:

"You're not at the end of terminal cancer and you're a little bit further on from having a cold, it's somewhere in the middle"

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
You’re so lucky! Sadly I married a man who is the DIY equivalent of Laurel and Hardy 🤪 so we have to pay for everything. I can do lots of stuff like putting up shelves and curtain rails etc and I love a good garden day but in reality the big stuff needs professionals...which is never easy and is eye wateringly expensive. Not moaning about this because until recently we both worked (I don’t anymore) earned good money and saved. Just get so angry that these two clowns dick about on Instagram offering nothing of any relevance to anyone and companies gift them stuff, whilst pulling in a double income!
But has the ‘stuff’ brought them any happiness? MOD’s downfall must give her an almost constant feeling of humiliation. She had it all in an influencer/well known persona sense and it was something she absolutely adored and coveted - gone overnight. Invitations to events/guest speaker at events/fronting a M&S campaign - all gone. Popping to London on the train to do a work shift and staying over for a night or two to attend the events and lunches - gone, now it‘s more work shifts out of financial necessity rather than to credit herself as being a midwife expert. FOD seems a miserable person, unhappy and bored without any friends. During MOD’s heyday, he seemed to spend most of his time alone with the children. Gifted/discounted holidays abroad/weekend retreats in the UK - gone. MOD always seemed completely overwhelmed by the twins. Every conceivable household item gifted or discounted. From what they portray, they don’t/didn’t seem happy as a couple. They seem to resent having their first child at a young age. The decor of their house influenced by what they could get discounted or gifted from brands - bland and without any personality.

They may get gifted items for their garden, thought hopefully not, but will only bring them a fleeting sense of happiness while they are unboxing the items. A few months later, they will be inside looking out at their garden while it’s raining and feeling discontented and wondering what gifts and discounts can they blag next as they chase happiness and validation.

• Heart

clottedcream

Ffs I‘m a former Registered Nurse with 15+ years experience and I‘ve been trying to help with vaccination programme. Did 30 hours online learning, completed multiple forms etc and have got nowhere ( keep getting told they are still processing my application) but this twat who has zero medical knowledge of experience can be trained as a vaccinator?! Just like that!!
Ffs why do I even bother. This country is obsessed with z list “celebrities”/Insta-twats who can get snapped up to vaccinate people just like that but people like me get nowhere!
Ffs I‘m a former Registered Nurse with 15+ years experience and I‘ve been trying to help with vaccination programme. Did 30 hours online learning, completed multiple forms etc and have got nowhere ( keep getting told they are still processing my application) but this twat who has zero medical knowledge of experience can be trained as a vaccinator?! Just like that!!
Ffs why do I even bother. This country is obsessed with z list “celebrities”/Insta-twats who can get snapped up to vaccinate people just like that but people like me get nowhere!
I am a doctor with 20 years experience and I’m so sorry but also glad to hear you say this. I did all that e-learning and have been wading through the process and still not been ok’d. I was told they have had loads of applicants for vaccinator role and that we are all in one waiting list. You and I are in the same queue as Simon Hooper and I’ve heard cabin crew are being trained too so given the same priority as us. It’s really upsetting as I really want to help and like you have given thousands of injections! 🤬

• Wow
  • Heart

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I hate world book day parent costume competitiveness with a passion, I feel like a failure every year as I tend to just buy a costume because I just don’t have time to make them. Just another way to make mums feel like failures
💯 with you.
It’s the biggest pile of shit idea ever and completely detracts from the idea of books. Fuck, kids aren’t stupid, they don’t need a costume on to make them love books. I actually think it’s counterproductive. The stress the parents feel to “perform” is absolutely going to be felt in that household. Why can’t a teacher choose a book for their class, read it the week before and on book day do activities relating to the book, be that a play, some art etc, get the kids talking about the book and what they liked and didn’t. That way no kid or parent feels ashamed or useless or jealous or proud. It’s about books ffs, make it about books!

• Heart
Fucking hell!
This makes me feel sick. Nothing, NOTHING is private with this lot. How old is she? 11ish? Certainly not old enough to consent to this. Poor girl - her parents are total cunts.

• Heart
  • Sad

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
My in-laws are like this now. You can say “don’t tell anyone” and they will tell everyone. And when you call them on it they’ll say “oh well Grandma was over” or “oh but I was having lunch with Aunt Whoever.” So when I went through an awful time 2 years ago with issues typically associated with Crohn’s I made it VERY clear to my husband that they weren’t to know anything - not that I was seeing consultants, not that I had 2 pretty major operations, not what my recovery is like, not that I live with the fallout every day. Nothing.

When people betray your privacy, you remember it. Don’t be shocked, Sly & Glen, in the future when your girls hold everything back from you.
Don't be shocked when your girls share photos of you drooling and incontinent in your care home Slymon. That's what you will have earned.

• Haha

Alittlebitmessy

Hello! Longtime lurker! 👋🏻

Poor M - this must have been a really traumatic week for her 😢 A huge adjustment for her and the family. Bless her 😞

However, this enormous over-share by FOD is beyond uncomfortable and so very wrong. She cannot give informed consent about sharing her private medical information to 900,000k people (800,000k exc. bots). I’m all for raising awareness but there are ways around it - the tags absolutely stink of a plea for shares and engagement. My son has a genetic condition and I’ve toyed with the idea of sharing it, to reach out for others in a similar situation but it’s not my story to tell; it’s his, if and when he wants to. I feel the same applies here. M is too young to understand the concept of this huge audience and the ethics around sharing this information. I’m really troubled by this post (as I have many of them!).

Still, I hope they are all okay after this diagnosis. It won’t be an easy thing for them to be dealing with.

• Heart

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
You’ve all said it better than I could already.

What a deplorable thing to do.

Just when you think they couldn’t go any lower.

😞

• Heart
  • Sad

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I briefly looked at the St John Ambulance site and the course they offer seems to be a meet, greet and comfort role. So even though it’s called the ‘Vaccinator Course’, maybe it’s more a concierge role and Simon will be in proximity to needles but not administering them?
Oh I do home you’re right dear @Libertine - local trolls, your Tattle needs you 👉👆👇👈 Please can one of you go and get some photos of him in his high vis directing the traffic, that will keep me going until the next 3000 followers leave 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Haha
  • Heart

Emmadale

VIP Member
I watched his stories without sound and thought his words didn’t match his pumped up his body language. Of course that could be due to adrenaline, but I agree with you that he is radiating energy because he FINALLY has something unique to talk about.

Curly blonde twins age out, but type 1 diabetes is forever.

(Too soon? 😳 😬)
I don’t think you need to worry about ‘too soon’ when the father of the child suffering questioned how soon he could make diabetes jokes! 🙄 and added a video of him dancing like a dick at the end of his sad stories!

• Sad
  • Heart
Hey there trolls, I’m delurking again to say I sent a couple of strongly worded messages to the poster people and they sent one reply as above saying everyone deserves forgiveness to which I laid into them pretty heavy and they then came back to me to say they were taking down any link with the hoopers. So small victory emmadale!

I haven’t been around for ages but am the originator of the glen typo, feel so proud still! Can’t believe he’s still going, it’s a joke, there’s been so many scandals and he just keeps bouncing back 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha

Coffee-Addict

VIP Member
The thing that really really really gets under my skin is that he was recently posting about locking snacks away and spending a fortune on Snacks - also suppose the fear of being sick that she had was a symptom of her Diabetes because she felt sick but didnt want to be sick ? Why didnt they take her to the GP then ? Maybe i am wrong but instead of him posting about her recent ailments and asking what people thought about the sickness phobia he just shuts up online and talks to someone who actually knows !

• Heart

Axatogrind

VIP Member
2,000+ comments and hardly anyone seems to have a problem with Simon Hooper sharing medical information that isn't his to share, of a child who is not of an age to give informed consent.

Those who are not questioning or condeming this are part of the problem.

• Heart

Tell.A.Tale

Chatty Member
He has his phone out during another precious and highly private time. Filming for content during bath time...Really? The girls are too young to know exactly what he’s doing with the phone but let’s face it, it’s unhealthy and weird on so many levels. I really shudder to think what these little ones will grow to believe is “normal” Sure we all have one or two bath time photos as children or of your own children so I’m not judging but videos for the gram? I know nothing private is shown but let’s think about it from their perspective for a second. “Yeah it’s totally normal for us or someone else to film private / naked moments for the internet” that’s all they are thinking because it’s not a quick snap and he’s done, it’s a video that he is filming while they soap their sponge etc etc so that phone is pointed very close and it will have taken a few takes to get it right. Can you imagine? “Girls rub the soap in the sponge again, daddy needs another shot” “Most of the video his phone is clearly balanced on the end of the bath and he’s looking at it blowing bubbles. They might be too little to really get it but they will
understand to some degree. They know what their daddy is doing and are going to think this is fun / normal! He is disgusting. You are raising girls / women Simon. They need to believe their naked SELVES are exactly that. For THEM, not strangers on the internet and they know what you do goes on the internet. Well, if they don’t already, it’s only a matter of time before they do.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart