Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Glen was desperate to show us all her new body. Also that they shop at Aldi

Was it really only 4 days ago he revealed the devastating news about his daughters health? Was it really only yesterday he shared his word salad of sadness with us about how he hasn’t slept for worrying ALL THE TIME about his daughter...and today Joe Wicks, Glen doing squats and Aldi nuts for the LOLZ. Right oh, that’s totally normal behaviour from parents crushed by the life changing illness they have come to terms with in a week 🙄😏

Anyone who believes Glen is taking a back seat in this oversharing of their children’s lives just needs to watch that post and see she’s wholly complicit. Twat! 😒

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Dogmuck

VIP Member
2,000+ comments and hardly anyone seems to have a problem with Simon Hooper sharing medical information that isn't his to share, of a child who is not of an age to give informed consent.

Those who are not questioning or condeming this are part of the problem.
It’s his highest engagement he’s had in months. I see there are a few blue tickers including Jools Oliver sending their love. He will be wetting his pants.🤢🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sick

Axatogrind

VIP Member
What pisses me off is how many people are commenting on how pretty or beautiful she is. She's involved with a project and has created something she's proud of which is what the whole post is about, but SO many people are just focusing on her looks.

I realise this happens all the time, but it doesn't make it any less infuriating to me.

• Heart
  • Sad

Lotty16817

Chatty Member
I am staggered this is ok his grid. It’s all so new to everyone and they must be adjusting. Especially M. I cannot help but shudder at the mention of hero Clemmie too. It’s all for filled and likes and getting clemmie back into the grid. All at the sake of betraying your sick daughters privacy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Alectrona

Did anyone pick up on the fact that the walking story was accompanied by a stupid little floating icon saying "sharing is caring"

No. Caring is getting off the internet and looking after your kids. Quietly.

My closest friend and I both come from families where personal information was shared widely in the family or with family friends. Not on SM, just old fashioned phone calls and over coffees. And it both bothered us A LOT (no alots when @Hatchet_job is around 😉) both when we were young and as we got older. We've both held information back from family members who we knew would make it family business/knowledge because we are very private people. I cannot conceive of what it must be like to be a child of the Hoopers or similar "influencer" who shares private moments / images/ information with an unknown audience on the internet.

It really bothers me that Jools Oliver engages with him. I like Jools and her family values seem so so far from his. He probably loves that she comments as well. A petty annoyance in the scheme of it all, but she was the top comment on the original post and it really annoyed me.

• Heart
  • Haha

Clazza

I can't believe he was talking about it possibly being too soon for diabetes jokes! Wow, I have no words.

• Wow
  • Sad

Tattlingpineapple

Chatty Member
Remember when we discussed this Youtube video some time ago (Thread 41, page 15) and there was one commenter defending Clemmie's actions claiming to be Clemmie's daughter? I think we all agreed that it's a fake profile. The comments are deleted now (another proof they read these threads) but one of the other comments still mentions AH asking "are you Clemmie?" and the hyperlink leads to the same profile that has commented on the youtube video of the short film so I guess it was her after all.

• Wow
  • Haha

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
It could be a lot worse FOD . Your childrens faces will be plastered all over many many places and a lot worse than a show home - i bet you wouldnt be complaining if they paid though eh ? Dick head !!

He doesnt mind that the world has seen his children on the potty or naked in the changing room .
If there was money involved we all know it would be an "exciting collaboration".

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder what the reaction would be if this were posted on an advice forum:

"Our young daughter has been in hospital for a few days over this past week, and been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. This is obviously a very difficult time for us as a family, there is a lot to process and a lot of practical things that need doing to care for her (as well as catching up at home and looking after our other daughter and our younger twins). My husband has been making all kinds of content about our daughter's condition for his instagram hobby. He spent time in the hospital arranging photos and composing captions, which he couldn't wait to post when we got home.

Yesterday he went out for a walk, I thought it would be for some quiet reflection and fresh air, but he was pacing around the neighbourhood making monologue videos of himself sharing our daughter's medical symptoms, her fears and feelings, as well as saying things like "it's just so much WORK" and "is it too soon for diabetes jokes?" When he came home he spent yet more time editing and captioning, choosing cutaway photos/videos etc. and even put in one of himself dancing at the end!? This morning he's done another Type 1 Diabetes flat lay from our kitchen drawer, complete with a jab pun. In some ways he seems to be making it all about himself. He's always loved the attention on instagram, but I feel like this is too much. Our daughter has no privacy, and all he seems to think about is documenting everything for instagram. I have no idea what he might share or do next, or how far he might take this.

I know he's having a tough time, we all are, but would you be comfortable with this? Some of his followers have commented that he's helping others, but surely he shouldn't be using the medical details and experiences of another person (even his daughter), especially when they're not old enough to consent?"
Leave the bastard. Cock lodger. All the other Mumsnet classics. But yes, this really does bloody show what a piece of work he is.

• Sad

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
Father of Daughters #45 When trolls care more about a child’s privacy than the parents. (In French?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Tattlingpineapple

Chatty Member
@Tattlingpineapple it's great the way you can quote thread and page numbers 🤣
😂 I'm currently writing my master's thesis and all I can think about is referencing / citing correctly and my supervisor who said "never say anything without telling the readers where they can find the information". Please call me out if my comments soon look like this:

Hooper (2021), a former influencer, complains on his Instagram account about absolutely everything. According to @Dogmuck (2021)...

• Haha
  • Heart

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Well there you have it
apparently having type 1 diabetes is ‘somewhere in the middle’ of a cold and terminal cancer

No words really no words 🙈

Poor arsewipe is lucky he got that chair to sleep on, and go see a therapist to 'unload' your self pitying on. I don't know how it works but maybe Marbie* needs to speak to a therapist too, someone who is trained to help newly diagnosed children.
*his spelling of her name.
I just think of all those family members who had to cope knowing their loved ones died from Covid with no familiar face or hand to comfort them

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart

Dogmuck

VIP Member
There’s a time and place for sharing this information for the benefit of others...it’s not the same week it was diagnosed and it’s not on Instagram by sharing lots of photos. Getting used to type 1 diabetes is horrific, M will be totally devastated and the rest of the family have to come to terms with it too. Give it some time, you are not experts and so much can go wrong. A decent post with one image saying DIABETES AWARENESS - then he could go on one of his word salads about her diagnosis (if he had to) and then post relevant information with relevant links. That’s is all!

• Heart