Father of Daughters #42 He is dull. He has nothing to sell. They ruined it all in French.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been said, but the whole potty issue obviously explains the discussion on HOH about turning the staircase into another toilet.
So, so awful. Making a house a family home. 😡

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been said, but the whole potty issue obviously explains the discussion on HOH about turning the staircase into another toilet.
So, so awful. Making a house a family home. 😡
Not been mentioned (I don’t think), that was my thought too, but then they’d still have to totter down and up stairs in the night, so not really the best solution for youngsters.

Reactions: 7
Exactly. But he probably does think that's a solution.
I'm in shock. Imagine being left to pee in a potty when you're at school while your parents both have luxurious en suite bathrooms and the family bathroom has been turned into a dressing room. They will remember this! This is a lifetime of therapy happening before our eyes.
I haven't been on the account since I saw it. I feel complicit just by watching.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Exactly. But he probably does think that's a solution.
I'm in shock. Imagine being left to pee in a potty when you're at school while your parents both have luxurious en suite bathrooms and the family bathroom has been turned into a dressing room. They will remember this! This is a lifetime of therapy happening before our eyes.
I haven't been on the account since I saw it. I feel complicit just by watching.
I remember going on a caravan holiday as a kid, I must have been 4/5 and the caravans back then didn’t have toilets, you had to go to communal loos and showers 🤢 like a camp site. I remember we had to use a “potty” at night because we weren’t (tightly) allowed to go dashing around a campsite to public loos at night. I remember distinctly feeling super ashamed at having to use a potty (more like one of those old chamber pots) then, even when it was temporary and was for safety purposes. I can’t imagine how degrading it would feel to do that at home, a house with at least 4 toilets 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember going on a caravan holiday as a kid, I must have been 4/5 and the caravans back then didn’t have toilets, you had to go to communal loos and showers 🤢 like a camp site. I remember we had to use a “potty” at night because we weren’t (tightly) allowed to go dashing around a campsite to public loos at night. I remember distinctly feeling super ashamed at having to use a potty (more like one of those old chamber pots) then, even when it was temporary and was for safety purposes. I can’t imagine how degrading it would feel to do that at home, a house with at least 4 toilets 😔
Not wanting to turn it into a TMI toilet chat but I had a similar experience to you but with number 2’s and a caravan/no toilet. It meant me holding it and holding it leading to issues later on. I’m sure the twins will struggle with that too if they need one 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Nah, everything was renovated to create a QVC style set for selling on Instagram.

The kitchen was designed to sell food products such as Hello Fresh; the dressing room was designed to sell clothes, shoes, handbags, jewellery and M&S floral polo necks with a special callout to the makeup table that was designed to sell cosmetics; the master bedroom and en-suite were designed to sell linen and hair/bath products.

They heavily invested in renovating rooms that could be used to sell consumables. There’s a reason the garden was left until last as fewer products can be placed in a garden unless you are a very keen gardener and they already had the obscenely expensive BBQ.
I think you're spot on! I wonder if they'll change it up again now it's obvious they've been blacklisted?

Reactions: 5
They could just buy a new house. Do it up but don't feature themselves in the shots.

Wonder if he will bring up the FSM scandal...

Reactions: 1
They could just buy a new house. Do it up but don't feature themselves in the shots.

Wonder if he will bring up the FSM scandal...
I bleeping hope not...what with Jack Monroe thinking she’s the saviour of FSM, I’ve just had to neck a two picnic bars in a row to sort my blood sugar out 🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think he covered the random staircase in stories and I didn't keep the screen shots I took. He was deliberately obtuse and consequently condescending when he said he'd no idea what it was for and he referred to it as probably from it's commercial use. Well Mr Hooper, your house is Victorian as it was built in 1888. It was a grand house for those times, probably the home of a relatively rich and influential family, possibly a professional was head of the house. Households like that would have had servants and a second staircase would mean they could go about their daily duties without disturbing the family. When it became commercial premises the second staircase would have served a similar purpose but, more importantly, it would have been a secondary escape route in the event of fire, as the fire door sign makes quite plain. Might he a good idea to keep the staircase.
How times have changed.

Reactions: 17
I think he covered the random staircase in stories and I didn't keep the screen shots I took. He was deliberately obtuse and consequently condescending when he said he'd no idea what it was for and he referred to it as probably from it's commercial use. Well Mr Hooper, your house is Victorian as it was built in 1888. It was a grand house for those times, probably the home of a relatively rich and influential family, possibly a professional was head of the house. Households like that would have had servants and a second staircase would mean they could go about their daily duties without disturbing the family. When it became commercial premises the second staircase would have served a similar purpose but, more importantly, it would have been a secondary escape route in the event of fire, as the fire door sign makes quite plain. Might he a good idea to keep the staircase.
How times have changed.
It's always been my dream to own a house with two staircases! My aunt owned a grand house in norfolk when I was a child and we just loved being able to get to another part of the house using the back stairs. It felt so ingenious as a small child 😂

Reactions: 13
In many ways the back staircase is itself a feature, and as pointed out by Hatchet_job part of the house’s historical character. This of course means that they will get rid of it as original stuff is banned in the house, especially when they could squeeze in another £4K sink instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On radio 4 this afternoon I heard an assistant head from Western Primary school in Grimbsy. He's in the school making up food parcels (with other staff), subbing with school money or his own, to make sure his pupils are fed. Then he packs a rucksack and walks seven miles round town delivering them and helping with homework as he goes. He says it's safer than having parents coming to the school to collect the food and he also gets to check up on his pupils. Truly inspirational.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve only caught up on the last 3 pages I’m so sorry but what the actual duck, he has the twins using a potty in their room cos there’s no toilet on their floor? And is telling Instagram about it? What the duck they paid for that family’s lifestyle!

& can only assume they’re not very nice to their tradesmen cos the finish on this is absolutely appalling

View attachment 386164

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.