Father of Daughters #42 He is dull. He has nothing to sell. They ruined it all in French.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god. Curate and source and two terms that drive me mad. Generally, instawankers mean plan or found. But that just doesn’t sound as grand.
I’m off to source some beans in my cupboard and curate my morning coffee now... 🤢
And pictures are always described as 'wall art'. Other terms I despise include 'changed up' (replaced), 'glow up' (cleaned/painted) and 'powder room' (bog).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That gallery wall is such a badly executed cliche. The Margot in Margate and the Good Vibes Only (seriously, duck off) are like tit in a field on Insta reno huns accounts. The proportions are all wrong too. I remember Glen saying that she had help from a designer to 'curate' (kill me now) the other gallery wall which Fodney posted about on the House of Horrors account, but no mention of the external help in the post.
Good vibes only. How ironic!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That gallery wall is such a badly executed cliche. The Margot in Margate and the Good Vibes Only (seriously, duck off) are like tit in a field on Insta reno huns accounts. The proportions are all wrong too. I remember Glen saying that she had help from a designer to 'curate' (kill me now) the other gallery wall which Fodney posted about on the House of Horrors account, but no mention of the external help in the post.
Don't shout at me, please. I'd had a new build house for a couple of years and didn't know what to do with it. I couldn't live in it full time because of caring responsibilities plus I was working very long hours. I hired an interior designer who was part of my wider group of friends. She did three rooms and the hall/stairs. Her fee was nothing when you consider I would have had to take an awful lot of time off work (and my leave was precious) and find reliable trades people. She 'curated' a picture wall in my living room with a mix of frames and canvases, and a mix of subjects. No naff prints. Many are pictures I took on my travels. There were strict borders to the collection so while each piece varies in size they all fit into an even space. I LOVE IT. I also love everything else she did.

Reactions: 15
Don't shout at me, please. I'd had a new build house for a couple of years and didn't know what to do with it. I couldn't live in it full time because of caring responsibilities plus I was working very long hours. I hired an interior designer who was part of my wider group of friends. She did three rooms and the hall/stairs. Her fee was nothing when you consider I would have had to take an awful lot of time off work (and my leave was precious) and find reliable trades people. She 'curated' a picture wall in my living room with a mix of frames and canvases, and a mix of subjects. No naff prints. Many are pictures I took on my travels. There were strict borders to the collection so while each piece varies in size they all fit into an even space. I LOVE IT. I also love everything else she did.
Why would we shout at you? Gallery walls are fine when done well - generic, overpriced, badly thought out, hit body parts/limbs off them when you sit down... Are not 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Yours is probably filled with much loved and unique pictures that you treasure and just needed some help to arrange

All the instahuns walls are covered in their idea of ‘wacky eclectic individuality’ yet it just screams

PRETENTIOUS

And that goes for those sausage dogs as well!! 🐶

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Genuine question, the recent post on HoH about the front room. Is this really what people aspire to have? It just looks a bit meh and granny ish, the gallery wall looks unfinished and badly thought out... You're going to catch on those lower prints when you sit on that couch. And wtf is the on session with block colour book displays? View attachment 384238View attachment 384240
Look at them being all hip and cool with their Ibiza coffee table book!
Oops, nearly forgot they were DJ’s!

Lol

Oh god. Curate and source and two terms that drive me mad. Generally, instawankers mean plan or found. But that just doesn’t sound as grand.
I’m off to source some beans in my cupboard and curate my morning coffee now... 🤢
And in their case sourced means gifted/scrounged

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I remember Glen saying that she had help from a designer to 'curate' (kill me now) the other gallery wall which Fodney posted about on the House of Horrors account, but no mention of the external help in the post.
I'd be asking for my money back if I paid a designer and they came up with that.

• Haha
You sicken me. Only kidding. There is absolutely nothing wrong with employing an interior designer and nothing wrong with a gallery wall. The problem for me with the SoD's is the content and execution of the one in the living room and the fact that Fodney neglected to give any credit to the person who Glen had said helped with the wall in his study. I think he forgets that people may have read and remembered some of the stuff his wife posted before she deleted her account. I don't like the bullshit. I will freely admit to paying professionals to do the jobs that I can't do or that Mr HC will duck up - no shame in giving someone else around here paid work.

I'd be asking for my money back if I paid a designer and they came up with that.
I doubt they actually paid anyone with cash for help 😉

Reactions: 12
Yours is probably filled with much loved and unique pictures that you treasure and just needed some help to arrange

All the instahuns walls are covered in their idea of ‘wacky eclectic individuality’ yet it just screams

PRETENTIOUS

And that goes for those sausage dogs as well!! 🐶
This is so true, spot on. That particular tranche of people think that they’re all so special, individual and tasteful when in reality, they all drive the same car, go on the same holidays, wear the same clothes, buy the same trinkets and slavishly follow the same trends(food/drink/boots/leopard print).

It’s actually really very naff and the opposite of the posh that they so keenly aspire to.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
😆 and if Glen had had her way everyone would have been wearing her naff jewellery collaboration.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the comments for the living room post, there are many asking how they keep it so tidy, they see their kids have grown now they have a coffee table.

Do they not realise that is the adult living room? And the kids have their very own living/play room?

Because that is so relatable.

Once again Sly, so very, very tone deaf.

Some families are using their only living room to work from home, home school and play.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Look at them being all hip and cool with their Ibiza coffee table book!
Oops, nearly forgot they were DJ’s!

Lol

And in their case sourced means gifted/scrounged
Mega eyeroll here too when I saw that Ibiza book prominently displayed! So embarrassingly try-hard. They are the uncoolest people ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
No shouting here hun. You do you boo.

xoxo

Thought this was worth sharing. Incomparison with what his peers are up to.

1610710458049.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Mega eyeroll here too when I saw that Ibiza book prominently displayed! So embarrassingly try-hard. They are the uncoolest people ever.
The Peter Lindburgh book beside the Ibiza book is the one he used as an example of a coffee table book that has beautiful photos you could cut out and frame. It's in his stories on artwork. Cutting a book up is sacrilege to me. Besides, I take my own lovely pictures 😁

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Is it just me or is it a bit stupid to store alcohol openly in your living room if you have children? I mean kids can be a bit stupid...but I guess they like trips to the A&E

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.