Father of Daughters #41 Is it Glen, or is it Sly? You can’t fool us, no matter how hard you try

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep. I remember seeing the post- it was the year before after a full year of being given freebies, thought it was funny too.

It's also what the first thread started with.

Remember kids the internet never forgets.
Post #11 is 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Google nest have just started another influencer campaign - however they have “elves” come to your home as part of the content. Whilst Simon may try to dupe smaller brands into believing he’s been co-signed by Google it’ll be hard to trick anyone else when he’s just randomly doing it himself in a crappy utility room 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I feel those children probably do still get some work with clothing brands as over the years ( god it’s been going on for years 😱) tattlers have managed to dig up photos of the children either the older two girls advertising children’s fashions or the twins doing toddler fashion stuff that hasn’t appeared on their Instagram accounts
What?! I did not know about this at all?? Can you send links?

Reactions: 6
Hacked hacked Friday continued rather than being at 923k he’s up to 926k wonder if he’s going for the big 10k bonus bots as his Christmas extravaganza! Whoop whoop 🙌 early presents for the Hoopers
What is he gaining from this? He is just diluting his engagement statistics. We all know it’s not about numbers.

What’s he going to do.... I’m back to a million followers post???

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hacked hacked Friday continued rather than being at 923k he’s up to 926k wonder if he’s going for the big 10k bonus bots as his Christmas extravaganza! Whoop whoop 🙌 early presents for the Hoopers
This is so tragic. He's addicted to the bot boosts.

Don't IG try and stop this kind of thing?

I can’t believe glen has been off insta with a public account for a whole year. Do you know what if i was in her shoes I would have wanted Sly to quit insta too. It kind of shows a bit of solidarity as a couple to just stand together, one half of the golden couple went down so the other half should have gone quietly too. But no, Sly wanted to play still, be creative!! So now that’s what we have just random set up stuff, emotional monologues blah blah. If he can’t address or show glen or the kids as much I really don’t see the point of a public profile. He could still have a private one and do his lame tit but why does he feel the need to have 926k mainly strangers follow him? He isn’t going to get any big deals for ads or promos. The House account is lack lustre and pointless and we all know that’s making the so Glen can roam more freely on it. It’s just sad that a year on he is still here holding on by a thread.

Reactions: 27
What is he gaining from this? He is just diluting his engagement statistics. We all know it’s not about numbers.

🤷‍♀️ Maybe his agent is trying to get him work and the company do the slightest bit of due diligence by just going on to his social blade and see all those reds, but then the agent can point to the “jumping off a Cliff twin” vid and say, look he’s still got it, he’s been testing the water and hasn’t quite hit the mark, but this is clearly what his public want, see he just gained 2000 bots followers. A bit of a stretch I guess but maybe 🤷‍♀️

Alternatively he came on here, saw that on Thursday I pointed out his largest monthly drop ever and decide to troll me 😂

Either way he needs 70k+ bots to get him back to his million that’s not going to be easily shoehorned in if glen is only giving him pocket money monthly 😜😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
If I was given the chance to earn x3-4 of my normal income just by taking photos, I honestly think I would have gone for it too.

I don't see the point of buying bots though. He could take his own advice and save the money instead. Comparison with his peers:

Goldenfoxcottage with 77k- free lights, a wreath, previous items also include a sofa, table and cushion.
Mother of five boys just did a #AD with argos one day ago, a collab with Boden and something with WWE wrestling in the past two weeks.
Triplet dad- #AD three days ago with pricerunner + gifted christmas PJ's for the girls from M&S 5 days ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
We all know he is not still on IG for his creative genius side, or the LOLS.

He is still trying to claw back some Ads, freebies and working partnerships.

I bet the Twins are being put to work everyday now for LOL content.

Still quiet on HOH. 🤔

Reactions: 10
FoDney should check out what filter mother of FIVE boys uses, not wrinkle, freckle or crease to be seen on her🤨

I'd like a new sofa thanks, I've got no followers, got no Instagram either, but a sofa would be nice.

• Heart
  • Haha
I think it’s irrelevant how many bots/followers he has or even what his content is...he’s not getting the ads or freebies as their brand is tarnished, as we saw with the home stories debacle, nobody wants their brand associated with racism (and rightly so!)

Like somebody said further up, he should have given up when Glen did, it’s been weird having his father of account when mother of is mysteriously absent.

If he was tagged by some other accounts, could that account for some of the rise?

Re Clemmie at King’s, I find ‘most’ women refusing her as a midwife a bit unlikely but even when I had my kids there, before she was MoD but just did Gas and Air, she was the sort of local celebrity midwife. People would tell you about her blog, and when she had the twins I heard about it. I’d be surprised if the Alice scandal didn’t get discussed on local FB groups etc. So I don’t think it’s impossible that enough women were mentioning it and asking to avoid her that it became an issue. Staffing is always tight so even a woman a week doing that would cause problems.

This is so tragic. He's addicted to the bot boosts.

Don't IG try and stop this kind of thing?
Sadly not as they benefit from it too in a roundabout way. All social media platforms release regular PR about their total registered / monthly active users, and these bots inflate that (and thus, their valuation). Brands want to work (and spend) on the platforms with the largest audiences, so if Insta clear them out they’re putting themselves at a disadvantage.

There have been a few big bot clear outs on Twitter, one in memory on Insta, but it barely happens. That plus legacy accounts (eg ur first Insta from 2013 you forgot the password to) will make up a huge % of any old big account.

I don't understand it either. It's not going to help him get ads, if anything he's more likely to get them with fewer followers but with some work done on his public image. There's an influencer I'm aware of who's had 6 ads in the past 2 months with a following of 2,500. It's smallish stuff: 2 diff brands haircare, data storage, chips, yoghurt & skincare but it's a lot more than FOD's getting. As a side note, the 2 diff brands of haircare close together is a bit jarring, if the first brand was so great why would you need another :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Tbf they were tit at advertising anyway. Remember the Dorset cereal debacle with the empty bowls 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ah I’d forgotten that. Was the start of the backlash I think. Right after a gifted Disney trip. I think people found it too much advertising.

Reactions: 10
Ah yes the empty bowls of air. They couldn't even pour the cereal in to the bowls to try and make it look like they were eating it.

He is very quiet on IG.

Do you think he stalks through other parenting platforms to see what they are being gifted, what they're advertising, and what businesses they are doing paid partnerships with?

I wonder if he makes a list, then shows Glen and starts saying "Look Glen, this could have been us. Now I can't even get a free toilet flush!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.