Father of Daughters #40 they’ve gone completely rogue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched a documentary called intervention (Netflix) watched the episode about twin girls who’d developed extreme eating disorders. It’s really quite a shocking documentary as they were lovely young girls, but they recon their issues began because they were seen as “twins” and not as individuals, really interesting and obviously I was thinking about the Hooper “twins” and how they are basically seen as one, it’s “the twins” this “the twins” that, never anything individual about them.
Maybe something for you to think about Sly 👋 a bit of free advice/PR/therapy...you’re welcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just watched a documentary called intervention (Netflix) watched the episode about twin girls who’d developed extreme eating disorders. It’s really quite a shocking documentary as they were lovely young girls, but they recon their issues began because they were seen as “twins” and not as individuals, really interesting and obviously I was thinking about the Hooper “twins” and how they are basically seen as one, it’s “the twins” this “the twins” that, never anything individual about them.

Maybe something for you to think about Sly 👋 a bit of free advice/PR/therapy...you’re welcome.
Our twins are non identical boys, aged almost 17. We made it very clear to family and friends that whilst, technically, they were twins, we viewed them as two individuals who happened to have been born at the same time. It's always been important to for us, and others, to see them as individuals. For the primary years, we asked for them to be in different classes; they chose different secondary schools. 'Twin-ness' was not for them; they are their own, independent and individual, USP. I hope that FOD remembers that his youngest two are individuals......

Is it possible ST got the recipe from Glen? 😜
Swap the dukkah for Gentlemen's Relish, add a couple of Baby Jesus Bites (my festive recipe suggestion from yesterday), and that's Boxing Day lunch sorted! Nom non nom 🤩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Well it sounds like you completely understood that your boys were individuals @MissPoppyFourPaws
This documentary was quite disturbing because, as with the Hoopers girls, these were identical twins and even their parents and sister admitted they saw them a one unit. They became co-dependents and massively competitive which was a terrible combination because one of them became slightly bigger than the other and they then felt they were missing out. Its haunting, but I have to say I’ve always found multiple birth kids fascinating, did anyone ever see that documentary years ago about the identical twins who refused to speak, I think it was called silent twins or silent sisters. I’m from a large family and we are close in age are were very close as kids but I don’t think I ever felt that affinity that twins (particularly identical twins) are supposed to have. I don’t know if that is just old wives tales to bring an air of mystery but it does intrigue me.

• Heart
Laaaaaddddzzzz! He’s posted...for the laaaaddzzz - reminiscing F1, boys jolly’s, no kids, bucket list! But he has mentioned his mate with him is a twin dad and documentaries...has he caught up on here? 🤔
Pretty awful gut shot though Sly 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Good grief this idiot is such a self obsessed moron, poor me, I have to sit on my velvet chair by myself stuffing my face with crisps because of COVID/lockdown. How about thinking about large family's all squeezed into the same sized room without another 2 or 3 floors to escape to.
Look at me last year wanking around at the racetrack with my 'best mate'. Boo hoo, my heart bleeds for you.🧔🥵

• Heart
Yes I remember the silent twins! One of them sadly died and the other one started talking - she said they had had a pact that would last until one of them died.

I remember there was a dramatisation years and years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
God he really is a pompous, out of touch prick.

Waaaaahhhhh look at me in my 3 storey house, with my own living room and office, acting like a complete deranged melt 24/7.

He really is so unrelatable.

I see he hasn't started the utility room yet...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
God he really is a pompous, out of touch prick.

Waaaaahhhhh look at me in my 3 storey house, with my own living room and office, acting like a complete deranged melt 24/7.

He really is so unrelatable.

I see he hasn't started the utility room yet...
Yep hundreds of thousands of people dead around the world 55k in this country. He’s so bleeping tone deaf! Yeah it’s a bit tough, but you have a home, food, warmth, a job and a family. So many people don’t have an ounce of what you’ve got and are in far worse situations but you’re belly aching about lockdown cos yolo (did he really hashtag yolo 🙄) Do duck off or simply man up you twit.

Reactions: 16
Did he really gloat one more time about his last freebie trip 😂 good old times. And so so tone deaf indeed. He needs to try and practice gratitude. In 2020, if you have a home, healthy family and job you are very lucky. Yes it’s ok to feel defeated, we all are really but this is the reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
2,269 likes and 21 comments in 11 hours.

Just give it up Sly. You tone deaf moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well it sounds like you completely understood that your boys were individuals @MissPoppyFourPaws
This documentary was quite disturbing because, as with the Hoopers girls, these were identical twins and even their parents and sister admitted they saw them a one unit. They became co-dependents and massively competitive which was a terrible combination because one of them became slightly bigger than the other and they then felt they were missing out. Its haunting, but I have to say I’ve always found multiple birth kids fascinating, did anyone ever see that documentary years ago about the identical twins who refused to speak, I think it was called silent twins or silent sisters. I’m from a large family and we are close in age are were very close as kids but I don’t think I ever felt that affinity that twins (particularly identical twins) are supposed to have. I don’t know if that is just old wives tales to bring an air of mystery but it does intrigue me.
I’ll have to look this up as I’m the same with a fascination about twins, triplets etc. We had an early baby scan with my little boy as we’d previously suffered miscarriages, at that stage it was twins although one was smaller with a slower heart beat, we were told to not expect that one to be there by the 12 week scan. At that time I was just truly grateful for one baby but there was a little part of me hoping it would be two. I read up about the likelihood and also what to expect (like bleeding etc) and there’s something called vanishing twin syndrome where one can not make it and cells just get absorbed. More pregnancies than you realise can start as twins but we only knew as we’d had an early scan.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Did he really gloat one more time about his last freebie trip 😂 good old times. And so so tone deaf indeed. He needs to try and practice gratitude. In 2020, if you have a home, healthy family and job you are very lucky. Yes it’s ok to feel defeated, we all are really but this is the reality.
You needed to emphasise the word last in that. Cause there ain’t been anymore have there Foddo!
I think we all presumed at the time the freebie deal was struck pre Alice so he managed to squeeze it in. I’m sure all he got after this was the oven chips! Oh and a mention on home stories blog....but that only lasted an hour 😂

Cautionary tale to future instagrammers

One minute you are riding the wave of freebies, a million followers and showing off in your usual tone deaf way the next you are watching your underpants twirl 😙
Yuk to that stupid gormless open mouthed face!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is it possible ST got the recipe from Glen? 😜
Want to say something profound about how I enjoy that tattle gives us a collective memory for this sort of thing - bit like a silly long running family in-joke, and keeping them accountable.... but then also quite dark cos we are a load of strangers on the internet having an in-joke collective memory about glen hooper’s avo on toast and HOW ARE THEY SLEEPING AT NIGHT?! I dunno. I am not sleeping at night due to very young children, who I am not monetising.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just went in to see the 2019/20 post... shared it with the “best mate” he’d not seen since uni

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Reposting this here because I think it says a lot about his values. There were a hundred different ways he could have framed a throwback post about his Abu Dhabi trip, without making his home and family life sound, at best, like it means nothing to him in comparison. Of course it's OK to miss holidays and remember highlights of past ones, but the real good fortune - his health, his family, his home, his relative affluence - is right under his nose. Having those blessings (particularly in the time of Covid when so many others are suffering losses and struggling desperately) is worth way, way, way more than a child-free trip to the F1.

One day perhaps it'll dawn on him that he got this comparison the wrong way round... but in his words, I'm not holding my breath.

F1.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.