Father of Daughters #39 I spy with my little eye, MODified sausages exposing more lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20201114_000556_com.instagram.android.jpg

Well... Here's a brand that went under sadly. Goes to show throwing your merchandise at the grabby instamum brigade for free does not a business make. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Genuine question..... how likely is it that Dom will have signed an NDA?
Very much so, I haven’t had a (non government) job where I’ve not signed an NDA or non compete clause, I imagine for jobs where you’re privy to that level of info it’d be another level of agreement.

Reactions: 7
Very much so, I haven’t had a (non government) job where I’ve not signed an NDA or non compete clause, I imagine for jobs where you’re privy to that level of info it’d be another level of agreement.
He defo did sign an NDA it’s called the official secrets act...he’ll be halfway through his memoir 😒

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
He defo did sign an NDA it’s called the official secrets act...he’ll be halfway through his memoir 😒
Surely no one would buy it?? He can’t have many stans even if they do vote Tory?! Unless he shills it as an explosive beef with Boris Johnson like Andre Leon Talley did with his limp lettuce leaf book 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 8
While the toxic power play resulted in him leaving, it's not all directly work related issues. The front door is highly irregular and significant. And the reasons he's gone are a complex mix of work and personal life inside knowledge. They've all got their hands dirty, however, we can't afford to lose our Prime Minister in the middle of a national crisis (look at the US and that's been a democratic process!) - both the virus & the trade negotiations - but he'll be out soon enough. There just isn't a clear replacement route atm.

Last edited:
While the toxic power play resulted in him leaving, it's not all directly work related issues. The front door is highly irregular and significant. And the reasons he's gone are a complex mix of work and personal life inside knowledge. They've all got their hands dirty, however, we can't afford to lose our Prime Minister in the middle of a national crisis (look at the US and that's been a democratic process!) - both the virus & the trade negotiations - but he'll be out soon enough. There just isn't a clear replacement route atm.
I know we are totally off Fod here but it seems Bozza was protecting his fiancé. Nepotism much! We are in a crisis because of our PM, he will be gone in January when he’s “got Brexit done” that’s all his premiership was about. In the meantime the country is in turmoil because of his lazy lack of leadership and his bumbling incompetence in a crisis situation. Sooner he goes the better. They’ve been setting the scene for Rishi Sunak as a replacement for months. That’s why he’s been throwing money all over the show. Let’s see what the Tory racist make of a POC in power 😏

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I know we are totally off Fod here but it seems Bozza was protecting his fiancé. Nepotism much! We are in a crisis because of our PM, he will be gone in January when he’s “got Brexit done” that’s all his premiership was about. In the meantime the country is in turmoil because of his lazy lack of leadership and his bumbling incompetence in a crisis situation. Sooner he goes the better. They’ve been setting the scene for Rishi Sunak as a replacement for months. That’s why he’s been throwing money all over the show. Let’s see what the Tory racist make of a POC in power 😏
Yes sooo of fod topic, sorry about that 🤦🏻‍♀️ so the Carrie dynamic is very relevant. Their private life since he's been in office has been fairly extraordinary - allegedly - not gonna say anymore 😳😑 but we know about the stuff around the time he was heading in the door...

Yes, Rishi Sunak would be explosive within the party for sure 💯

In good news fod is still going dowwwwnnnn 🥳🥰 wonder what bit of these chats revolting sly will use on his next stories?? 😂🤣

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
You know, it was last year (and the one before?) that he was harping on and on about ethical Christmas, not needing presents, donating instead...so why the sudden u-turn to posting on your “small brands shout out” about what gifts you want?

Oh wait...🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The worst part was him filming himself "strutting" down the street to that grime song, like he is Sly the Gangster of Ramsgate.

If my husband did that, our teenage sons would disown him. No doubt about it. And I would have to change back to my maiden name and move to Spain to avoid the humiliation.
does anyone have a screen recording? i've deleted my instagram app but it's very important that i see this

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You know, it was last year (and the one before?) that he was harping on and on about ethical Christmas, not needing presents, donating instead...so why the sudden u-turn to posting on your “small brands shout out” about what gifts you want?

Oh wait...🤦🏻‍♀️
I’ve just been looking through their “small brands”, everything I saw was exclusively Kent or London based! What about the rest of the bleeping country you twats!

I have a love/hate relationship with small brands at the best of times. Yeah we all hate amazon for the obvious reasons but amazon do actually employ people in this country...who do pay their taxes, the legal mechanism we have in place ensure they get at least the minimum employment protection. I have a good handful of friends who are “small brands/sole traders” and facts I know about them are these,
1. It’s quite often a lifestyle business, one partner earns well and they have chosen to be creative and essentially turned a hobby into a “business” (on reflection probs same point as 5).
2. They tend not to employ anyone outside their family, if they do they want that person as cheap as possible, minimum wage/apprentice.
3. They fiddle their accounts...be that taking cash in hand and not putting it through the books or putting pretty much all household goods through their business. Falsely keeping turnover under the threshold so they don’t need to be VAT registered.
4. They are being supported by their wealthy parents
5. There is no pressure to be a profitable or successful business, they do it for the love, so no despair when times are hard, their business isn’t paying the rent/mortgage or household essentials.
6. They are a money laundering vessel for their partners business.

Disclaimer - Not all of them are doing all of these things but every one of them is doing at least one of these things.

I like buying from John Lewis because it’s always quality, it’s price matched, they employ thousands of people through their business, it’s a partnership so no fat boy shareholders screwing everyone for their dividend, they pay all their taxes, they tend to deliver on time and if you have a complaint you can feel sure it will be dealt with, they are much more ethical than many of these “ethical” “planet friendly” small brands. They are scrutinised and accountable on every level.

I feel the desperate push to have an exclusive “small brand” product is what is driving this market, because who wants what everyone else can get. Many of these small brand products are just not affordable for the majority of people and are the exclusive domain of the middle class wannabe philanthropist types that ST and Sly are pretending to portray in their recent stories.

Sorry that’s a right old rant but it is something that winds me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The worst part was him filming himself "strutting" down the street to that grime song, like he is Sly the Gangster of Ramsgate.

If my husband did that, our teenage sons would disown him. No doubt about it. And I would have to change back to my maiden name and move to Spain to avoid the humiliation.
Maybe Dom was channeling FOD’s strut, when he exited No 10 last night ...... FOD, you are, indeed, a true influencer 🤩

@LuBiLu Hope that all went well yesterday

• Haha
i love when FOD tries to allude to being some wild raver pre-kids. I've said this before but I went to uni in bristol a few years after them and the bar where he and clemmie met was for lame poshos who loved the Killers and that Skream remix of la roux

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve just been looking through their “small brands”, everything I saw was exclusively Kent or London based! What about the rest of the bleeping country you twats!

I have a love/hate relationship with small brands at the best of times. Yeah we all hate amazon for the obvious reasons but amazon do actually employ people in this country...who do pay their taxes, the legal mechanism we have in place ensure they get at least the minimum employment protection. I have a good handful of friends who are “small brands/sole traders” and facts I know about them are these,
1. It’s quite often a lifestyle business, one partner earns well and they have chosen to be creative and essentially turned a hobby into a “business” (on reflection probs same point as 5).
2. They tend not to employ anyone outside their family, if they do they want that person as cheap as possible, minimum wage/apprentice.
3. They fiddle their accounts...be that taking cash in hand and not putting it through the books or putting pretty much all household goods through their business. Falsely keeping turnover under the threshold so they don’t need to be VAT registered.
4. They are being supported by their wealthy parents
5. There is no pressure to be a profitable or successful business, they do it for the love, so no despair when times are hard, their business isn’t paying the rent/mortgage or household essentials.
6. They are a money laundering vessel for their partners business.

Disclaimer - Not all of them are doing all of these things but every one of them is doing at least one of these things.

I like buying from John Lewis because it’s always quality, it’s price matched, they employ thousands of people through their business, it’s a partnership so no fat boy shareholders screwing everyone for their dividend, they pay all their taxes, they tend to deliver on time and if you have a complaint you can feel sure it will be dealt with, they are much more ethical than many of these “ethical” “planet friendly” small brands. They are scrutinised and accountable on every level.

I feel the desperate push to have an exclusive “small brand” product is what is driving this market, because who wants what everyone else can get. Many of these small brand products are just not affordable for the majority of people and are the exclusive domain of the middle class wannabe philanthropist types that ST and Sly are pretending to portray in their recent stories.

Sorry that’s a right old rant but it is something that winds me up.
This this THIS!!!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.