Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ridiculously oversized clothing like the Biebers’ wear ‘effortlessly’.

Reactions: 7
Anything Nasty Gal / PLL / Boohoo. Do people realize how cheap they look wearing these brands?

Then again, the name fits the clothes well, because they're nasty indeed!

Reactions: 14
There's a lot of uni students where I live and a lot of them are wearing culottes, I just don't understand! It's not flattering on anybody!!
Uni right next to where I live has the same fashion, culottes and dirty trainers.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Uni right next to where I live has the same fashion, culottes and dirty trainers.
I live right near a uni too, maybe I am just too old, but everyone of around uni age atm just seems to dress weirdly, in baggy unflaterring clothes etc

I live right near a uni too, maybe I am just too old, but everyone of around uni age atm just seems to dress weirdly, in baggy unflaterring clothes etc
I generally don't mind Gen-Z clothes, I think many of them can pull it off. I rather take Gen-Z fashion than those clothes that In the Frow is wearing (Frow always look likes she is going to Sheesh) haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm the same. I don't understand the Gen-Z style. They have no logic in how they coordinate their items (in my eyes at least). They try to make themselves look as ugly as possible (although, I have to admit, some can really pull this style off). It always looks like a hot mess. They try to emulate the 90s/early 00s style. I grew up in that era and it certainly didn't look like this.

I saw a girl the other day and thought to myself: "I'm 30 and I'm officially too old for any of this". She was wearing a yellow milkmaid midi-dress, a white grand-maish cardigan, pink crocs (pink crocs!) and white socks! I was in "the countryside" that day. Her friend had baggy pants and a crop top, so it's not like the first girl's outfit was specific to the countryside. She was trying to make a fashion statement. Good lord. I'm too old to comprehend. I feel like I've reached that point where parents are always SMH when their teenager dresses himself/herself. I don't even have any children, but for sure, I'm old now lol.

I'm not a big fan of baggy anything, but I have to say, I kinda like the "oversized" suit look. I'm too petite to pull it off, so it would need to be a bit less baggy, but I'm digging it.

Em-FGqmXIAMAKiI.jpg

This would be more my style (minus the heels as they make the outfit look a bit tacky and big belt):

94054fb7b0f544078611f365f043f798_1080x1350.jpg

Reactions: 1
those clay rings?! my style is very molly mae vibes (minus the hideous things she wears & i also think she’s self centered as duck). BUT i just can’t get behind those clay rings 🤢🤢 they are honestly vile

Reactions: 1
Anything Nasty Gal / PLL / Boohoo. Do people realize how cheap they look wearing these brands?

Then again, the name fits the clothes well, because they're nasty indeed!
I love a bargain as much as anyone but i agree. Also these brands have expensive items minus the quality. Why not just go tk max and get great quality for great prices.
These online shops have swallowed up the high Street but it's Cheap Crap.

Those rings that people wear halfway up their fingers. Do they actually stay on or do they take them off after the obligatory "manicure on steering wheel" shot?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The y2k trend. It rarely turns out good, most of the time it's just ugly and pointless layering. It's giving 2000's ashley tisdale

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Those block trainers that are back in. I remember these in the 90s ( Good old Neneh Cherry!). I never realised how tragic they look unless you’re in a hip hop band!
People are soon going to revive the other famous Buffalo shoes:

P0.jpg

I remember wanting these so badly when I was a teenager. I would day dream about them daily. I never got them and got the 00 version of the Stan Smith instead. Whoever is currently thinking about bringing these back into fashion needs to stay put!

I love a bargain as much as anyone but i agree. Also these brands have expensive items minus the quality. Why not just go tk max and get great quality for great prices.
These online shops have swallowed up the high Street but it's Cheap Crap.
To be honest, even the High Street shops have turned to crap. Zara used to have great quality clothing up until 2018. Now, it's trying to compete with the Boohoos and the Nasty gals of the world and has turned most of its items into poor quality tacky items meant for teenagers. I don't even go there anymore personally as it's too expensive for such low quality. I won't even discuss H&M as I've always hated this shop and it's been crap since day 1. Massimo Dutti is geared towards another age group/customer base and I find it to be one of the most decent "fast fashion" brands out there. We all saw what happened to Topshop and Forever21 in the end. River Island isn't too far off either. It's still stuck in 2014 - they keep recycling the same designs over and over again. Every single time I walk past that store, it's empty.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.