Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crop anything. Why can’t shops just make normal length tops? Not everyone wants cropped shirts all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Those tops that look normal at first glance but then you turn them around and they have some bizzare quirky thing written on the back.

Reactions: 14
People are soon going to revive the other famous Buffalo shoes:

View attachment 693018

I remember wanting these so badly when I was a teenager. I would day dream about them daily. I never got them and got the 00 version of the Stan Smith instead. Whoever is currently thinking about bringing these back into fashion needs to stay put!

To be honest, even the High Street shops have turned to crap. Zara used to have great quality clothing up until 2018. Now, it's trying to compete with the Boohoos and the Nasty gals of the world and has turned most of its items into poor quality tacky items meant for teenagers. I don't even go there anymore personally as it's too expensive for such low quality. I won't even discuss H&M as I've always hated this shop and it's been crap since day 1. Massimo Dutti is geared towards another age group/customer base and I find it to be one of the most decent "fast fashion" brands out there. We all saw what happened to Topshop and Forever21 in the end. River Island isn't too far off either. It's still stuck in 2014 - they keep recycling the same designs over and over again. Every single time I walk past that store, it's empty.
buffalos appear to be making a comeback too judging by my trip to London yesterday! i went to some k pop shop with my daughter where we had to queue outside..vast majority of those ahead of us were wearing them !
Totally agree with Zara ..when they 1st arrived here their clothes and shoes were great for both adults and children. Lovely fabrics and really unusual colours making them stand out from the usual high street clothes.unfortunately then i wasnt the right size or shape for them! when i lost weight few years ago their clothes were just awful all crop tops and mega short dresses /skirts or mega long trousers or shapeless dresses that made you look frumpy. i think they've lost their way a bit, and their kids clothes are awful now scruffy looking and drab ..ugly even..i mean who would really put their kids in a monstrosity like this (other than some insta mum).

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
buffalos appear to be making a comeback too judging by my trip to London yesterday! i went to some k pop shop with my daughter where we had to queue outside..vast majority of those ahead of us were wearing them !
Totally agree with Zara ..when they 1st arrived here their clothes and shoes were great for both adults and children. Lovely fabrics and really unusual colours making them stand out from the usual high street clothes.unfortunately then i wasnt the right size or shape for them! when i lost weight few years ago their clothes were just awful all crop tops and mega short dresses /skirts or mega long trousers or shapeless dresses that made you look frumpy. i think they've lost their way a bit, and their kids clothes are awful now scruffy looking and drab ..ugly even..i mean who would really put their kids in a monstrosity like this (other than some insta mum).
Zara is really overpriced too.

Reactions: 6

View attachment 693018

I remember wanting these so badly when I was a teenager. I would day dream about them daily. I never got them and got the 00 version of the Stan Smith instead. Whoever is currently thinking about bringing these back into fashion needs to stay put!

To be honest, even the High Street shops have turned to crap. Zara used to have great quality clothing up until 2018. Now, it's trying to compete with the Boohoos and the Nasty gals of the world and has turned most of its items into poor quality tacky items meant for teenagers. I don't even go there anymore personally as it's too expensive for such low quality. I won't even discuss H&M as I've always hated this shop and it's been crap since day 1. Massimo Dutti is geared towards another age group/customer base and I find it to be one of the most decent "fast fashion" brands out there. We all saw what happened to Topshop and Forever21 in the end. River Island isn't too far off either. It's still stuck in 2014 - they keep recycling the same designs over and over again. Every single time I walk past that store, it's empty.
I was in River Island yesterday and frankly, most of their clothing needs a 70s style flammable warning to go with it all. And a public information film.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Trying to find myself a nice midi dress and everything has either a square neck or puffy sleeves and frills. Why

Reactions: 16
Trying to find myself a nice midi dress and everything has either a square neck or puffy sleeves and frills. Why
Where have you tried? Maybe the more ‘conservative’ sites might be better, like Oasis, Wallis, Next etc. I say conservative because even the staple shops seem to be more designed for the super young these days!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Try Jigsaw or some slightly upmarket brand, I find them better in not blindly following trends

Crop anything. Why can’t shops just make normal length tops? Not everyone wants cropped shirts all the time.
Right!! The amount of times I see a nice top then notice it's cropped FFS😡

View attachment 693018

Oh god I remember them (Buffalo trainers) Never had them nor wanted them but I used to see people with these🤮 yes they need to stay in the past LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think there's also something to be said about city girls wearing their fancy "bras" as a "top" under an open jacket or shirt. No girl, it's a bra, not a top and you're not in Miami.

Also back in the day - leather or denim shorts with opaque tights. What were people thinking I wonder.

Reactions: 8
I think there's also something to be said about city girls wearing their fancy "bras" as a "top" under an open jacket or shirt. No girl, it's a bra, not a top and you're not in Miami.

Also back in the day - leather or denim shorts with opaque tights. What were people thinking I wonder.
Yesterday I saw a woman in a longline lace bra, totally see through, with a normal black bra underneath! Awful

• Wow
Reactions: 7

That is In The Frow in a nutshell, so tacky

Reactions: 4
Everything being cropped currently. Probably only 1% of the population can pull that off. And don’t get me started on naval piercings! 🙄

Reactions: 8
Off topic, but does anyone ever look back at old photos and wonder why they got rid of certain items of clothing? Especially when you realise that you’ve spent months looking for the exact same item to buy online! 🤯

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.