Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if it’s been discussed but River Island. Who decided it’s great to have RI on everything, specially on chavvy kids tracksuits 😂

Reactions: 19
Sorry if it’s been discussed but River Island. Who decided it’s great to have RI on everything, specially on chavvy kids tracksuits 😂
I went into RI for the first time in aaages last week, and everything was bleeping horrible 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love River Island jeans because I find them a good fit and I like the varying leg lengths, but that's about all I buy there now as the "RI" emblazoned all over everything just looks so cheap.

Reactions: 9
Michael Kors, or "MK". Once a nice high-end brand, but now the equivalent of Ted Baker. Mid-range clothing for wedding guests and race meetings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Michael Kors, or "MK". Once a nice high-end brand, but now the equivalent of Ted Baker. Mid-range clothing for wedding guests and race meetings.
Ah used to love Ted Baker, but yeah it’s not what it was! Kate Spade’s going to be next!

Reactions: 8
Ah used to love Ted Baker, but yeah it’s not what it was! Kate Spade’s going to be next!
It's like when all the nice cosmetics/shampoo companies get bought out by L'Oréal, and the quality suddenly deteriorates and you find them being sold in Superdrug. I bought some Aussie shampoo and conditioner the other day and it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Reactions: 8
It's like when all the nice cosmetics/shampoo companies get bought out by L'Oréal, and the quality suddenly deteriorates and you find them being sold in Superdrug. I bought some Aussie shampoo and conditioner the other day and it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.
Do you remember the original VO5 hot oil? That was amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have seen such lovely Kate Spade stuff but I really don't want to buy anything in case it's the next Thing Everyone Ruins 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have seen such lovely Kate Spade stuff but I really don't want to buy anything in case it's the next Thing Everyone Ruins 😂
I’m the same with Vivienne Westwood. Her stuff is so up my street. I did but a watch though.

I think you’re pretty safe with VW - she’s been around since the 80s, still keeps her couture line alive and remains pretty niche. I love a lot of her stuff and have from the beginning.

Reactions: 6
I think you’re pretty safe with VW - she’s been around since the 80s, still keeps her couture line alive and remains pretty niche. I love a lot of her stuff and have from the beginning.
Yeah I bought one her new watched and I absolutely love it. Been eyeing up a new one for ages and it had to be her as I’m not extravagant enough to spend Gucci prices!

Reactions: 2
Baggy jeans

Some people really pull them off well but I'm small so skinny jeans (which are now harder to find) make me look taller and that's a plus
Plus, way harder to style nicely imo. I like baggy clothes and baggy shirts with baggy jeans just don't look right

Oh crikey, YES! Or the current socks pulled up over leggings with trainers. People look farkin ridic!
I think it’s one of those looks that looks very edgy and interesting In an editorial or on a few st martins students - but when translated to the high street en masse just looks naff

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.