Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fashion trend as such but the trend for make up contouring. The vast majority of people can't do it properly so it just looks like jungle camouflage make up.
I've always been fairly basic in my make up application but the new contouring trend literally makes me feel like I'm wearing NOTHING when I go out now compared to some girls. I really don't like it. I appreciate the skill of it when done right but it's just so blatant someone is wearing tons of make up. I always thought make up was meant to enhance your appearance, not literally sculpt a different face on top of your own!

To the strapless wedding dress trend, yes I agree, when I was getting married this was the 'default' dress and it was so annoying. It does seem to be going out a little now, I see tons of women my age (around 30) getting married with sleeves, straps etc. so there must be loads more choice now.

Reactions: 11
Why is every top you try to buy cropped? A couple of years ago they were all ‘cold shouldered’ drives me mad

Reactions: 27
Not a fashion trend as such but the trend for make up contouring. The vast majority of people can't do it properly so it just looks like jungle camouflage make up.
Totally agree, I always find it looks awful in real life but comes across well in photos, I have a friend who does it and that is what I always notice with her

Reactions: 10
Too much shirring

Not sure what it's called: When you have something with short sleeves (usually puffed sleeves) and a low, square/flat neckline (i.e. not a V-neck or "sweetheart" designed to show cleavage) that is much lower than the sleeves. I just think it looks weird

Reactions: 5
False eyelashes that are so long and maybe heavy, that the wearer can’t blink her eyes open properly.

Reactions: 15
Why is every top you try to buy cropped? A couple of years ago they were all ‘cold shouldered’ drives me mad
I saw cold shoulder tops for sale in Matalan yesterday! I was really surprised. They seem quite outdated now!

Reactions: 7
This is the same for children’s clothes too and it’s disgusting. I just want to buy my daughter a T-shirt that isn’t cropped!!

Huge ridiculous eyelashes. They look like Sesame Street. There's some girls on IG who honestly beggar belief, they go up past their eyebrows o_O

• Haha
I see dresses and sometimes swimsuits with this weird double bow thing - and it just makes me think it’s for 2 extra boobs like something out of total recall 😂 😂 Looks so wrong!!!

F21E848E-63C3-4117-816E-73F6D2279309.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Maybe I'm super old fashioned but watching Love Island made me realise this one. I do not like the bikini/swimsuit trend where your boobs are only partially covered. It just looks like they don't fit! Also, blatantly only works for very good or fake boobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.