Fashion Mumblr #5 Saint Josie and the law of diminishing returns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are the most ignorant privileged couple ever. I cringe watching them play country like a couple of school kids playing house. But they are both results of their own upbringing. She has messed up big time, and she’s not dealing with it well. I’m not sure she has any life experience to understand why she’s wrong. And know-it-all Charlie is probably reassuring her and making it worse. But....and I say this with caution... do we need to go after her and her business in this way? Yes her sponsors should be made aware of what’s going on and her behaviour should be corrected. But Caroline Flack hit her boyfriend and people going for her causes her to commit subside. We should be kind. Show her by example how she needs to behave. Highlight her bad behaviour and let her correct it. I think they’re both disgusting show offs and are now being outed by their own bullshit. But also, imagine you were watching your world fall apart though your phone. I’m probably naive but wouldn’t it be nice if everyone was kind to each other, irrespective of colour, class, wealth etc. Just throwing it out there.
Yes I agree.

Back to cheese my darlings 😘.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They are the most ignorant privileged couple ever. I cringe watching them play country like a couple of school kids playing house. But they are both results of their own upbringing. She has messed up big time, and she’s not dealing with it well. I’m not sure she has any life experience to understand why she’s wrong. And know-it-all Charlie is probably reassuring her and making it worse. But....and I say this with caution... do we need to go after her and her business in this way? Yes her sponsors should be made aware of what’s going on and her behaviour should be corrected. But Caroline Flack hit her boyfriend and people going for her causes her to commit subside. We should be kind. Show her by example how she needs to behave. Highlight her bad behaviour and let her correct it. I think they’re both disgusting show offs and are now being outed by their own bullshit. But also, imagine you were watching your world fall apart though your phone. I’m probably naive but wouldn’t it be nice if everyone was kind to each other, irrespective of colour, class, wealth etc. Just throwing it out there.
Her bad behavior has been shown multiple times. This isn’t the first time. She’s doxxed fans, scammed people, flouted lockdown and has bought followers. She has had ample opportunity to correct her behavior. She has had ample opportunity, even in this situation to say “look, I really messed up. I’m trying but I don’t always know what to say. In 2013 when I was much more ignorant, I made disgusting statements, but I have learned from them and am continuing to do so. Let’s have a conversation.”

instead, she deleted people‘s urging her to do that and called them bullies. She doubled down. She shut off comments. She has never apologized for ripping off fans,for doxxing then,for buying fans or her poor behavior. This is the only way to learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a legal background and I don't know what claim she'd have against us. Criminal law isn't my specialty, admittedly, but I do know a little about defamation, which is what I suspect she'd try to go after people for. Defamation is a strict liability offence - dependent on facts of defamation and not the intention of the defendant. As a person, she would have a right to sue for defamation. A permanent statement would potentially be libellous, rather than slanderous (Monson v Tussauds). It is no longer a crime. She can take action if she can prove that she suffered serious harm (s1(1) Defamation Act 2013 ("DA")).

For a statement to be defamatory, it must have lowered Josie in the eyes of right-thinking members of society generally (Sim v Stretch), cause Josie to be shunned or avoided (Youssoupoff v MGN) or expose her to hatred, ridicule or contempt (Berkoff v Burchill). She's been named, so the cases I know on identification are irrelevant. The statement must be published to a valid third party - that's satisfied as this is a public site. A repeat libel is still libel (s8 DA). But then comes the fun part: Defences.

Truth would be our defence. It is available under s2 DA and it is absolute. The sting of the libel needs to be true - in this case I would say that the sting is what Stephanie called out. That is what is going to cause Josie harm. Therefore it is a defamatory imputation of fact, the burden is on us to prove that she posted those stories, which there are screenshots of, so that's satisfied & any malice, knowledge and fault of our members is considered to be irrelevant.

Therefore, I would not advise Josie, if I were her solicitor, to take on a case of defamation. It would blow up in her face, she would lose money and she would further damage her reputation. This is a really abridged answer, but yeah it would be throwing good money after bad.
SaltyCaramelTart had the TIME today, gals and pals! 👏

(And probably saved Josie a consult with her attorney.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Don't forget to contact luxury sponsors: the outnet, net a porter, Farfetch. Also cosmetics include Charlotte Tilbury, Tom Ford and elemis. These are her favourites too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Long time lurker. Never commenter. Just leaving this here:

Looks like a vlog uploaded 2 days ago that hasn’t been properly titled and doesn't show up on her page. I haven't watched it yet but we can safely assume she wont be mentioning BLM!
How interesting! Whatever detective work you did, kudos!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Looks like a vlog uploaded 2 days ago that hasn’t been properly titled and doesn't show up on her page. I haven't watched it yet but we can safely assume she wont be mentioning BLM!
Wow that was dull as ditchwater 🥱.

And welcome, make yourself at home while I'll put the kettle on ☕.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

How did you get think video if it doesn’t show up? How do we know, you are not Josie?

• Haha
Reactions: 5

By the timing, it seems like this was supposed to be today’s vlog. She probably decided not to post because of everything

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.