Fashion Mumblr #17 Comments on autodelete, manic hoarders with dirty feet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have yet to watch it... need a break and have been enjoying the fall color... however while I batch cooked all day I couldn't help but think that I have NEVER missed having this $1400 appliance to chop and cook for me... it's like cars that drive for you. I certainly don't need to have a car drive down the highway or park for me as I'm fine with doing it. And it's not a necessary appliance for soups like my beloved immersion blender that cost $50 and even that is not needed if you have a blender. Sure, if someone gave it to me for free it would be useful I guess but it's HUGE and takes up a ton of room. Guess my feeling is everyone can cook all of that stuff with a cutting board, knife and some basic kitchen ware/pans. Do any of you have this appliance that seems to be UK/influencer "must have" like some face spray mist we never knew we needed? I'm so curious for real people feedback :) Although all of us on the lydia thread know it is a "must have" for concrete bland risotto that hits the plate with a THUD. You know Thermamix was thrilled with that vlog, LOL
I feel the same and as @TheScarletgirl says I don't know anyone who has got a thermo mix, I have never even seen one for sale in shops and the cost is ridiculous.
I'm ok with a knife, chopping board, bog standard blender and my good set of pans... Although I wouldn't be without a dish washer 🤭

I have never felt the need for an Aga, my inlaws have got one and they are impossible to regulate (the Aga, not my inlaws) 😏

And I can't stand the way Josie has all her appliances lined up on the counter top, it's like a branch of Curry's in her kitchen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel the same and as @TheScarletgirl says I don't know anyone who has got a thermo mix, I have never even seen one for sale in shops and the cost is ridiculous.
I'm ok with a knife, chopping board, bog standard blender and my good set of pans... Although I wouldn't be without a dish washer 🤭
Btw I have never felt the need for an Aga 😏
And I can't stand the way Josie has all her appliances lined up on the counter top, it's like a branch of Curry's in her kitchen.
AGREE! Game changer is the dishwasher!!!!!!! But if that thermamix isn't gonna also do the dishes, then I'd rather have a handbag as my luxury item! LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
AGREE! Game changer is the dishwasher!!!!!!! But if that thermamix isn't gonna also do the dishes, then I'd rather have a handbag as my luxury item! LOL
The thermo-thingy would have to do my weekly shop and mow my lawn for that type of money 🤨

• Haha
  • Heart
The thermo-thingy would have to do my weekly shop and mow my lawn for that type of money 🤨
hahaha! It's probably "hand wash" only as well... which means in my house "Item which never gets used and collects dust" like all of the fancy water bottles and travel coffee mugs. ugh

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I have never felt the need for an Aga, my inlaws have got one and they are impossible to regulate (the Aga, not my inlaws) 😏

Call me stupid if you may I will forgive you but I actually bought one because of her. It’s an amazing product worth it’s weight in Gold as they say. However they are extremely overpriced for what they are. I used to have a Kitchenaid but have to admit the Thermomix is bloody amazing and saves a lot of effort, time however sautéed is pronounced so-tayed not saw-tayd. I thought Josephine was an expert in French?!

The Autumn routine was ridiculous .
Who puts on three hand creams before bed ? The pyjamas were unflattering ...
I don't know anyone with a thermo mix either . She could have done a stew with seasonal vegetables more down to earth food that people eat. I can't believe she sells this unreal version of English living.
I think it was rushed and sloppy at the end in terms of finesse of ending a vlog. It was as if she had said hypothetically speaking before filming “right that’s enough now cut in 2 minutes get into the bed then bye” wasn’t convincing or sincere but then again that’s not what routines are designed for anymore. I remember one you tuber based in Germany I think it was who had about 10 types of routines, study, evening, date night, relaxing day off, etc etc she was studying law I recall. I found myself switching off. Who has 10 types of routines realistically?! Only robots as far I’m aware it was ridiculous and proves the point of glorified sales people in the guise of your best friends. Note why terrestrial tv have never invested in lifestyle gurus not wholly like the Americans did with Martha Stewart. BBC had Fanny Cradock to begin with for food. Much later Delia Smith, but lifestyle was never much of an investment. I wonder if that is because of the risk factors of being controversial in terms of how genuine they come across. At least with Fanny Cradock, Delia Smith, Mary Berry, Jamie to name a few cooking is a necessity of life. Hence why so many programmes are commissioned but lifestyle never seems to be a staple of television. I think that’s why YouTube gained the monopoly so to speak of lifestyle programmes because no other broadcasting company or corporation would invest in it due to temperamental viewing figures. Cooking doesn’t involve personality which is no disrespect to those mentioned lifestyle is so much more personal. Worth noting and I could be completely wrong but Martha became the success she became because of her entertaining book and the sales of Home videos which if I’m not mistaken was financed by herself and her ex husband initially. Tell me if I’m wrong with what I just said .....😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I have yet to watch it... need a break and have been enjoying the fall color... however while I batch cooked all day I couldn't help but think that I have NEVER missed having this $1400 appliance to chop and cook for me... it's like cars that drive for you. I certainly don't need to have a car drive down the highway or park for me as I'm fine with doing it. And it's not a necessary appliance for soups like my beloved immersion blender that cost $50 and even that is not needed if you have a blender. Sure, if someone gave it to me for free it would be useful I guess but it's HUGE and takes up a ton of room. Guess my feeling is everyone can cook all of that stuff with a cutting board, knife and some basic kitchen ware/pans. Do any of you have this appliance that seems to be UK/influencer "must have" like some face spray mist we never knew we needed? I'm so curious for real people feedback :) Although all of us on the lydia thread know it is a "must have" for concrete bland risotto that hits the plate with a THUD. You know Thermamix was thrilled with that vlog, LOL

EDIT - have to say I WOULD put that same amount of money to a handbag which many might say... is not a necessary item, but each to their own :) Just curious if real people find it to be a real game changer like these influencers that don't eat.
There are some people who try to sell you sell the thermamix here in the US. I was intrigued at first out of curiosity without knowing the pricetag. I think I’ll survive without it 😂
*i am no way hating on anyone who owns it because i think it’s cool but I wouldn’t pay the price tag. If it were like $100-150, maybe but that would be like an expensive gift I’d save for myself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Call me stupid if you may I will forgive you but I actually bought one because of her. It’s an amazing product worth it’s weight in Gold as they say. However they are extremely overpriced for what they are. I used to have a Kitchenaid but have to admit the Thermomix is bloody amazing and saves a lot of effort, time however sautéed is pronounced so-tayed not saw-tayd. I thought Josephine was an expert in French?!
OMG love to hear it's amazing! I often wonder about these influencer products. Thanks for the "boots on the ground" review. And gurl... I bought a lot of recommended influencer items over the years that were promoted as "years and years to come" items that then these women put on depop/ebay with tags and I wised-up to the flogging :( At least the thermomix has been used by them long term.

Just to add. I’d have a dyer before I’d have a thermamix? You know priorities especially for the winter months.

Wonder if our girl Chibby got a deal off eBay for a dryer since Samsung hasn’t kindly gifted one yet😂

• Haha
Just to add. I’d have a dyer before I’d have a thermamix? You know priorities especially for the winter months.

Wonder if our girl Chibby got a deal off eBay for a dryer since Samsung hasn’t kindly gifted one yet😂
I secretly love that she's carrying her HEAVY wet washing over to her MOM's House to use the dryer in the winter rather than just buy one for her own house. tee hee

• Haha
  • Wow
I secretly love that she's carrying her HEAVY wet washing over to her MOM's House to use the dryer in the winter rather than just buy one for her own house. tee hee

The VLOG that will be coming to us in the near future lol *cries for Samsung to send her a freebie because she’s too cheap to buy one herself*

• Haha
  • Sick
OMG love to hear it's amazing! I often wonder about these influencer products. Thanks for the "boots on the ground" review. And gurl... I bought a lot of recommended influencer items over the years that were promoted as "years and years to come" items that then these women put on depop/ebay with tags and I wised-up to the flogging :( At least the thermomix has been used by them long term.
My friend bought something on Depop from a certain person and it was very stained. I was shocked when she showed me. I much prefer charity shops in person than Depop because contrary to some people’s opinion no names mentioned they are not smelly or in bad condition. I can afford to drop money on good pieces however I wasn’t born into money and that has never left me. I love a good bargain and found some gorgeous things in charity shops over the years including my Catherine Walker wedding dress of all things. I thought she was a High Street brand made beautifully until I read about her after HRH Princess of Wales passed away. Found in a charity shop in Hampstead of all places for £50 not bad. Charity shops are jewels not sequins proverbially speaking

That’s kids for you. I’m still lumbered with doing mine even though they’re older and left home! 🤣😂🤣😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
That pose! It reminds me of window mannequins of the past. They had stiff and unnatural poses. And no facial expressions 😣

View attachment 287608

EDIT - have to say I WOULD put that same amount of money to a handbag which many might say... is not a necessary item, but each to their own :) Just curious if real people find it to be a real game changer like these influencers that don't eat.
I had never heard of a Thermomix before I saw one on Lidl's thread. I'm not a Ludite but I don't like loads of appliances cluttering work surfaces. I cook meals from scratch and would have to really understand what this thing does that I can't do. I use a pressure cooker for when I'm short on time or for batch cooking. I haven't even have a microwave for the last 5 years. I don't miss it. A friend has a soup maker and I'm sure it's useful but it's not something j want.
Lidl's risotto was disgusting....I love risotto and enjoy the process of making it so not sure why I would chuck everything into a device. I think essentially Lidl doesn't enjoy cooking and, like everything else, she's unwilling to educate herself. Her palette is unsophisticated and she doesn't have a good relationship with food. However, I thought Josie was different and did like cooking.
As for an Aga, my sister inherited one with her house and soon taught herself to use it.

My friend bought something on Depop from a certain person and it was very stained. I was shocked when she showed me. I much prefer charity shops in person than Depop because contrary to some people’s opinion no names mentioned they are not smelly or in bad condition. I can afford to drop money on good pieces however I wasn’t born into money and that has never left me. I love a good bargain and found some gorgeous things in charity shops over the years including my Catherine Walker wedding dress of all things. I thought she was a High Street brand made beautifully until I read about her after HRH Princess of Wales passed away. Found in a charity shop in Hampstead of all places for £50 not bad. Charity shops are jewels not sequins proverbially speaking

That’s kids for you. I’m still lumbered with doing mine even though they’re older and left home! 🤣😂🤣😂
Hampstead charity shops are the best. They even have designer sections.

Thread suggestion

Fashion Mumblr #18 Countryside gear and flamingo poses, but is her life a bed of roses?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
fashion mumblr #18 moving is a saga, all these tips & tricks, do i prefer my aga, or my thermomix?

• Heart
  • Haha
I only know about Thermomix from the vegan group on FB. Because their integrated blender is so fast it can destroy the cell walls (and thus release the cell content) of vegs like kale. Like when you like kale smoothie (blergh) and want all the benefits. Also, to do different nut butters or nut milks yourself. And of course it is good for veg stews.

Fashion Mumblr #18 Miss racist b*tch, leaves French chairs in a ditch, on constant sales pitch, mouth moves like a witch

• Haha
  • Heart
I only know about Thermomix from the vegan group on FB. Because their integrated blender is so fast it can destroy the cell walls (and thus release the cell content) of vegs like kale. Like when you like kale smoothie (blergh) and want all the benefits. Also, to do different nut butters or nut milks yourself. And of course it is good for veg stews.

Fashion Mumblr #18 Miss racist b*tch, leaves French chairs in a ditch, on constant sales pitch, mouth moves like a witch
I want to give that suggestion a ❤ & a 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

I like my worktops clean and clear rather than cluttered with gadgets that hardly ever get used and just gather dust. Give me a chopping board, a couple of good knives and a veg peeler any day. That finished risotto looked disgusting! I don't enjoy cooking but I am quite happy to cook risotto properly in the Italian way, in a pan on the stove top, lovingly and slowly adding the hot stock til it's the perfect consistency.

My vote for the next thread title goes to:- Fashion Mumblr #18 Countryside gear and flamingo poses, but is her life a bed of roses?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.