Fashion Mumblr #13 Little Bo Peep and her YouTube sheep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some cliff notes for those of you that can't bring themselves to watching another boring vlog again:

Josie: "He's trying to shame me on Instagram". Because that's apparently what you do in a loving healthy relationship šŸ™„.

And Charlie let something slip again, when he said " that's for young people", when they were talking about a glass banister for the new staircase. Why don't they just come out and say that Lala is going to live there? šŸ„“

Josie also said: "when they are prepping the kitchen" about the decorators, so the only nicely decorated room in the house that is still untouched by them is going to be ruined too šŸ˜Ŗ.

And finally, what "beautiful field" is she rambling on about now? She just has to brag about the outstanding natural beauty of The Coltwolds, hasn't she? šŸ™„
View attachment 204803
I live near fields like that (in Austria). I really donā€™t understand why she thinks they are so special šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Maybe I should take pictures in them and try to be a influencer

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Iā€™m new to these threads about Josie and I wanted to say how informative theyā€™ve been for me. I started watching Josie about two weeks ago when one of her moving vlogs came up in my recommendations. I binge watched about half of the videos in the moving house playlist and while I enjoyed them, it was clear that she lived in a bubble of privilege. One cannot help having privilege, but on top of that she gave me the impression that she would ignore anything that didnā€™t directly affect her. As a black girl, the BLM movement is of great importance to me and Iā€™ve unsubscribed from anyone who stayed silent or gave a response that I didnā€™t find acceptable. So I came over here to see whether my assumption was correct.

Reading the thread that included her BLM ā€œscandalā€ sickened me. She couldā€™ve simply explained that she felt the passage she copied was the most representative of her emotions and apologised for it, as well as mentioning that she was donating money to the movement. I couldnā€™t believe she had the nerve to gaslight Stephanie. Although I thought her second statement was much better, I expected some kind of follow up. Maybe a video talking about black owned fashion or homeware businesses to support, so it would fit in with her ā€œaesthetic.ā€ Please let me know if thereā€™s something she has said that I am not aware of.

Josieā€™s content is (relatively) inoffensive and easy watching. While I understand wanting to create a safe space online removed from the horrors of reality, in the face of the injustice that sparked BLM, I do not think itā€™s appropriate to behave the way she did and only do the bear minimum to make up for it. Without this website, I wouldnā€™t have known what fully transpired and I wouldnā€™t have been able to make an informed decision on whether or not to continue giving her my view. For now - and if she never addresses the issue again - I will not.

Iā€™ll keep up with this thread to see pictures of the house and to learn about how she will be decorating. I like house content but I like youtubers who donā€™t succumb to gaslighting black women in an attempt to protect their white fragility even more.

I apologise if what I wrote is out of place, but I felt as if this was the only place I could air my frustrations.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Iā€™m new to these threads about Josie and I wanted to say how informative theyā€™ve been for me. I started watching Josie about two weeks ago when one of her moving vlogs came up in my recommendations. I binge watched about half of the videos in the moving house playlist and while I enjoyed them, it was clear that she lived in a bubble of privilege. One cannot help having privilege, but on top of that she gave me the impression that she would ignore anything that didnā€™t directly affect her. As a black girl, the BLM movement is of great importance to me and Iā€™ve unsubscribed from anyone who stayed silent or gave a response that I didnā€™t find acceptable. So I came over here to see whether my assumption was correct.

Reading the thread that included her BLM ā€œscandalā€ sickened me. She couldā€™ve simply explained that she felt the passage she copied was the most representative of her emotions and apologised for it, as well as mentioning that she was donating money to the movement. I couldnā€™t believe she had the nerve to gaslight Stephanie. Although I thought her second statement was much better, I expected some kind of follow up. Maybe a video talking about black owned fashion or homeware businesses to support, so it would fit in with her ā€œaesthetic.ā€ Please let me know if thereā€™s something she has said that I am not aware of.

Josieā€™s content is (relatively) inoffensive and easy watching. While I understand wanting to create a safe space online removed from the horrors of reality, in the face of the injustice that sparked BLM, I do not think itā€™s appropriate to behave the way she did and only do the bear minimum to make up for it. Without this website, I wouldnā€™t have known what fully transpired and I wouldnā€™t have been able to make an informed decision on whether or not to continue giving her my view. For now - and if she never addresses the issue again - I will not.

Iā€™ll keep up with this thread to see pictures of the house and to learn about how she will be decorating. I like house content but I like youtubers who donā€™t succumb to gaslighting black women in an attempt to protect their white fragility even more.

I apologise if what I wrote is out of place, but I felt as if this was the only place I could air my frustrations.
Not out of place at all hun. You are welcome here, whether if itā€™s just to read or to air your frustrations. Doesnā€™t matter if the timeline is thrown slightly out. Heck, we occasionally (very occasionally) get Josie defenders. We are not the nasty people Lady Aga likes to paint us as. We just preach accountability. If comments get too nasty or off topic, thereā€™s always someone to rein us in. We stand against racism, against scams, against abuse of position. Some are more passionate than others. All comments šŸ’Æwelcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I am going to use this as an opportunity to gloat. Josieā€™s half assed attempt at Tik Tok is not working. Her old lady followers havenā€™t migrated to the platform, so sheā€™s trying to do videos that are part of popular trends. She has less than 4K followers, only 11k likes on her videos, and zero brand deals.

I, on the other hand, šŸ¤Ŗ...have less followers, 40k likes, and my first brand collaboration coming up. Off you pop Josie, TikTok is mine! šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
What on earth did I watch today, I don't even remember half of it. šŸ¤Ŗ

Their days seem so boring for being influencers. Also, why is she promoting those polyester dresses for summer? Oh right. šŸ’·šŸ’·šŸ’· Seems like Charlie has nothing to say about the coach house since he didn't know what was going to be put on top of the staircase. Also, her wardrobe šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

She'll have to bend over so many times because the cabinets are only deep inwards in the bottom. I sure as hell wouldn't want my wardrobe like that if I had all the money in the world. And she said it cost her a lot more to make them that wide, yet she keeps promoting them by showing off their name on the floor? Doubt it's not given.

And does anyone else feel like waxing isn't that bad? Like dahhhlings om sat here right now half through my lower legs and I swear it's not bad šŸ¤Ŗ idk what she's on about but maybe my mom just raised me to be able to stand more pain? Odd. Also, ipl machines are never permanent. X years later you can have growth again, not as much of course and thinner... But still, I wouldn't say it's permanent and heaven. 10 years after you've had it done you can speak on it but not when you just did it and shaved right before the session šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
It's obvious he has no clue what's go on at the Coach House... if he did, how could he not know there will be a glass landing going in?
Lala and Josie are in charge there and everywhere imo šŸ˜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
ā¤ exactly.... how beautiful.
She acts like there's nothing better than the Cotswolds... the bloody fool she is šŸ¤Ø
The funny part is that she's right that the Cotswolds are stunning, but just not the fields she's showing us all the time šŸ¤­.

Her first reel, in a field of course šŸ™„:
And Kat should really find a new hobby, because this is amateur stuff šŸ„“.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The funny part is that she's right that the Cotswolds are stunning, but not the fields she's showing us all the time šŸ¤­.
Every influencers and their sister, brother, cousin, and dog/cat are doing photoshoots in the god damn fields... enough is enough šŸ˜–
It can't go on and on surely.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
hey - where is the mac and cheese? Usually she has it every third day - I am missing seeing it - and where is that morning smoothie that I used to see every fifth day? Whats going on?????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Every influencers and their sister, brother, cousin, and dog/cat are doing photoshoots in the god damn fields... enough is enough šŸ˜–
It can't go on and on surely.
It will stop soon. When everything is harvested šŸ¤«šŸ¤­

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I am going tomorrow to our local lavender farm, am I being influenced by these influenzas? šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Heart
ā¤ exactly.... how beautiful.
She acts like there's nothing better than the Cotswolds... the bloody fool she is šŸ¤Ø
But than she says how she would love to live in L.A. Straight away there were comments how that would not be a good idea. She's so dƗƗb . Maybe she's dreaming of more residencesšŸ¤”...start manifesting Josie !!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
hey - where is the mac and cheese? Usually she has it every third day - I am missing seeing it - and where is that morning smoothie that I used to see every fifth day? Whats going on?????
Itā€™s not in her country lifestyleeee

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But than she says how she would love to live in L.A. Straight away there were comments how that would not be a good idea. She's so dƗƗb . Maybe she's dreaming of more residencesšŸ¤”...start manifesting Josie !!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
What an egoistical binch. I wish she would start manifesting world peace. But no, only stuff for herself. šŸ˜¤
šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I am going tomorrow to our local lavender farm, am I being influenced by these influenzas? šŸ˜…
There's a lavender farm in Yorkshire, if you fancy a change...
I don't work for the Yorkshire tourist board honest šŸ˜
20200807_230436.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
There's a lavender farm in Yorkshire, if you fancy a change...
I don't work for the Yorkshire tourist board honest šŸ˜
Haha I wish! I am based in Cape Town. Have all the beauty of the world at our doorstep, just canā€™t step out šŸ˜…

• Heart
  • Sad
Haha I wish! I am based in Cape Town. Have all the beauty of the world at our doorstep, just canā€™t step out šŸ˜…

Capetown is the most beautiful place Iā€™ve ever been. It has everything! Lucky you!

I really think Josie should stop the daily vlogs, I only watch them for background noise now while Iā€™m doing something else. Sheā€™s oversaturated her content IMO.

She is also 100% reading here, mentioning things weā€™ve mentioned e.g. doing giveaways, ending her vlogs properly, sheā€™s also now mentioning about different sizes and fits which she didnā€™t do before.

I honestly think sheā€™d be watchable and more successful if literally every single product she showed wasnā€™t an ad... she has no credibility in my eyes now because I know sheā€™s only flogging whatever brands have paid her to flog.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.