Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like in the future Mia will do similarly to Erika Saccone, Mia has had a nice boost off the back of her parents family channel for her own channel - similar to Erika who had a boost from the Saccone-Joly's. It's all fun and games for Mia whilst living at home and can do challenges, videos around being a teen like starting periods, dressing older, shaving etc. But soon all her teenager follows will grow up, as will she and then what?
In a couple of years kids her age will be learning to drive, getting ready for leaving school / prom / university / boyfriends. If her family keep trailing round the world is she going to keep going with them I wonder or make her own way in a country by herself - going to be tough when she won't have the support of friends/family.

Reactions: 10
Watching their latest contribution... seems like its Georgie prancing about in front of the camera like a livestream shopping host instead of involving Sienna with the tasks. Maybe they spend more time with Sienna in person than on camera, I don't know. But in this video she seemed to really enjoy the activity. The candle scene...why not ask Sienna to describe the fragrance to viewers instead of healf-heartedly slinging it down to Siens and then proceding to tell us what Mia likes. Huh? And she sends Sienna downstairs to fetch a cloth?🤨 Is this about you Georgie or about your kids? I enjoy interior decorating videos and like this one too, but this is a family-oriented channel and should get the kids involved and somehow Georgie's boob situation doesn't seem appropriate (could just be me tho idk).

Thoughts overall...it's a nice video but we're in the midst of a pandemic which is especially difficult for families. They could have put out some brilliant content this year focusing on educational homeschooling resources, tips and encouragement. I feel sad they've cast home education and remote learning in a dubious light when they could have helped parents and families who never home schooled previously. Their young viewers could have benefitted from positive examples with 2020 being such an unfair year.

Reactions: 7
Watching their latest contribution... seems like its Georgie prancing about in front of the camera like a livestream shopping host instead of involving Sienna with the tasks. Maybe they spend more time with Sienna in person than on camera, I don't know. But in this video she seemed to really enjoy the activity. The candle scene...why not ask Sienna to describe the fragrance to viewers instead of healf-heartedly slinging it down to Siens and then proceding to tell us what Mia likes. Huh? And she sends Sienna downstairs to fetch a cloth?🤨 Is this about you Georgie or about your kids? I enjoy interior decorating videos and like this one too, but this is a family-oriented channel and should get the kids involved and somehow Georgie's boob situation doesn't seem appropriate (could just be me tho idk).
Wasn't going to make a comment unless someone else brought it up but yes, Georgie's bra/top? looked stifling. It may have been just the look or fit of it but it looked uncomfortably tight for her. It might just be that it was an old bra/top though. The seam placement on her tights gave her an awkward camel toe too. I felt sorry for her, the outfit just didn't look comfortable.
I think they mentioned it in the video but as they're in Mexico they're struggling to get their usual deliveries on time so it could just be that she hasn't been able to get clothes that fit her changing body.

Reactions: 2
Wasn't going to make a comment unless someone else brought it up but yes, Georgie's bra/top? looked stifling. It may have been just the look or fit of it but it looked uncomfortably tight for her. It might just be that it was an old bra/top though. The seam placement on her tights gave her an awkward camel toe too. I felt sorry for her, the outfit just didn't look comfortable.
I think they mentioned it in the video but as they're in Mexico they're struggling to get their usual deliveries on time so it could just be that she hasn't been able to get clothes that fit her changing body.
Not to stick up for Georgie, but she is breastfeeding and has posted about the little ones having a favourite boob. It definitely looked a little uncomfortable, especially for the neglected boob, but I don't think it was too tight.

Not to stick up for Georgie, but she is breastfeeding and has posted about the little ones having a favourite boob. It definitely looked a little uncomfortable, especially for the neglected boob, but I don't think it was too tight.
That must have been it then, I hope it wasn't too uncomfortable for her! I don't follow their accounts too closely so was hoping that someone could shed some light on it. She's normally very well put together so it just seemed odd for her to appear so uncomfortable.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Georgie has been open about her implants which she got after Mia was born and which gave her a confidence boost which I totally respect. I don't think she has bad intentions with allowing Mia to be the same as her but I do wish she would understand that internet and real life are different and Mia's content can land in some dark places.

Reactions: 5
wouldn't it be illegal for the kids to not receive an education whether home schooling or in school? do they just circumvent that by travelling to different countries all the time?

wouldn't it be illegal for the kids to not receive an education whether home schooling or in school? do they just circumvent that by travelling to different countries all the time?
I doubt it given there are a number of families 'unschooling' their kids where they follow the lead of the children so if they don't want to read/write then they don't

Reactions: 3
Education laws are so wishy washy, that unfortunately it isn't illegal to "educate" in this way.

Education laws are so wishy washy, that unfortunately it isn't illegal to "educate" in this way.
Yeah it is and also country-dependent. Used to be (maybe still is?) illegal in Germany, where I was home educated for six years and my parents worked together with an international school that enabled us to do it within the framework of the law. In Canada/US the laws are comparatively more relaxed from my experience there. I imagine that if you stay in a country on a tourist visa for a couple months then leave, there's no integration into the system and therefore no rule enforcement. I thought Dubai was a good option for them because it's super family friendly with a strong expat community and international schools. Don't remember if S and/or M went to school there but I thought maybe they did for a while?

Sorry for multiple posts 😅 home education can work so well if parents consider the character of the child (it doesn't benefit all) and make sure they are integrated socially and work in tandem with a national curriculum.

Reactions: 4
Yeah it is and also country-dependent. Used to be (maybe still is?) illegal in Germany, where I was home educated for six years and my parents worked together with an international school that enabled us to do it within the framework of the law. In Canada/US the laws are comparatively more relaxed from my experience there. I imagine that if you stay in a country on a tourist visa for a couple months then leave, there's no integration into the system and therefore no rule enforcement. I thought Dubai was a good option for them because it's super family friendly with a strong expat community and international schools. Don't remember if S and/or M went to school there but I thought maybe they did for a while?

Sorry for multiple posts 😅 home education can work so well if parents consider the character of the child (it doesn't benefit all) and make sure they are integrated socially and work in tandem with a national curriculum.
Sienna did go to school when they were in Dubai but I don’t think Mia did. Hopefully they’ll be a breakthrough with covid soon so they can enroll Sienna in another school as she does seem to really enjoy going and experiencing education, I imagine it’s quite a hard thing to do at the moment as it’s hard enough to have children already permanently in education in schools. I hope this year where there’s been no opportunity for Sienna to go to a school doesn’t mean her parents get too used to it and don’t bother trying to get her into one again. It’s a pity Mia thinks going to school or doing proper homeschooling would be a waste of time, let’s hope her investments and YouTube career are able to keep her afloat once she leaves home.

Reactions: 6
The UK law is children have to receive sufficient education according to their individual needs either in school or otherwise (that's the wording) but out of respect for privacy and choice, home-educating families don't have to be monitored in any way. So families do have big loopholes for weird education forms that might not provide the best level of literacy and numeracy etc.

Thoughts overall...it's a nice video but we're in the midst of a pandemic which is especially difficult for families. They could have put out some brilliant content this year focusing on educational homeschooling resources, tips and encouragement. I feel sad they've cast home education and remote learning in a dubious light when they could have helped parents and families who never home schooled previously. Their young viewers could have benefitted from positive examples with 2020 being such an unfair year.
They dont do enough “homeschooling” to be able to give any tips is the issue, i put homeschooling in quotation marks because parents of public schooled children probably do more schooling when helping their kids with homework than either georgie or darren do put together

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi, first time poster here. I followed the FizzFam since Vegan Fitness TV when I was interested in veganism and fitness myself. It's so sad to see them go off the rails since those wholesome days when they lived in Norwich and then moved to Watford. They were sweet and earnest back then, I doubt they had many or any sponsors because they were promoting healthy living, cooking vegan food with low cost easily available ingredients and keeping fit in a sustainable way. I remember Georgie talking like she'd practised her script full of researched information and they didn't show the kids except in the background occasionally. It was nice when they moved onto family-focused acitivities and integrating their lifestyle in an approachable way. Like many longtime viewers I then also started losing interest when they left GC and started doing superficial money-based challenges.
I feel they all have two weird sides to them, except Sienna who is a really sweet girl (Karma is just a horrid brat).
Darren - I think he's a good dad and he's supported Georgie and the kids. But that's as far as it goes, as everyone else has commented the views he peddles on education come from someone who didn't bother being educated himself for whatever reason and resents/puts down anyone who has. Case in point Georgie, who actually put in the effort to do a BA in English as a mature student because I think she wanted to be a good mum/role model to her kids but Darren puts her down and has talked so dismissively about it she barely mentions it and puts herself down as well. I hate that. Also anyone else who screams internally whenever he eats, he doesn't know how to use cutlerly and uses a fork as a shovel. Get some good table manners ffs.
Georgie - she has such a split personality I don't even know where to begin. She has been a great mum and raised her two kids realy well, they were both such sweet and grateful girls. But she's gone bonkers lately. Totally unccessary to have a kid so soon after Karma, I am two weeks younger than Georgie and dont have kids yet - I don't want to be cynical about a family I used to like but it just seemed like they got tonnes of cash from Karma and that's why she's such a special child to them, and didn't want the dollah flow to end so got preggers asap. Georgie saying there is something special about Karma, she's a complete brat. They don't discipline her at all.
Mia - her IG and YT channel are shocking. Poor girl. All that inappropriate nudity, bad camera angles and she looks sooo unhealthy. I was vegan for a number of years and no disrespect but she does not look the picture of health. Also colouring book??? When I was 15 I was not drawing in colouring books, I was studying like mad and dreaming about going to university. Even if academia is not your thing, surely posing in front of your camera all day and making colour-in drawings of yourself is the most narsessitic and ridiculous thing ever. Someone needs to tell her that self-publishing is super cringe and she needs to think about something other than her bubble. School is not a picnic, slapping on a filter and editing a video won't get you far in life. All those awkward selfies littering her IG and no friends or social life, ouch. I feel for her, with Georgie and Darren motivating this behaviour as she's the only one doing work and clearly the cash cow.
Sienna - my fav! She is honestly so sweet and like everyone else I am extremely sad her dreams of being a scientist are being crushed by her stupid parents. They tell her she can be anything but that's just a vicious lie. No parent should say that without enabling their kid to reach this goal.
Karma - what can I say. I felt bad for disliking her but she's the most horrid baby I've ever seen.
Koa - he's got squinty eyes but i guess they won't sort it out just like he wasn't vacinated either, and therefore is not put into playgroups or any other form of social interaction. It's such a shame.
Welcome!! Great post… Only thing I don't agree with is that karma is a "horrid baby". She's totally undisciplined and definitely acts out and gets whatever she wants but idk, I don't think she's "horrid" lol. You know Koa is gonna get whatever the heck he wants too. Sienna is my fave as well! Love her!

Mia said on a recent video that if youtube doesnt exist for a long time she can write books and do art... I'm sorry but she thinks too highly of her art. Judging from her art instagram page, if she was doing GCSE Art like she should be doing if she was in the UK, she would probably be at a Level 5 or 6 (C/B) standard maximum. Of course, she doesn't realise that her art isn't very good for her age because she's not around people her age. I'm all for people having hobbies and doing what they enjoy, but to think you'll be able to make a living by selling art at the standard she is is just ridiculous. My dad is an artist and it takes a lot more than just drawing pictures on your iPad and putting them on ebay

Reactions: 17
Mia said on a recent video that if youtube doesnt exist for a long time she can write books and do art... I'm sorry but she thinks too highly of her art. Judging from her art instagram page, if she was doing GCSE Art like she should be doing if she was in the UK, she would probably be at a Level 5 or 6 (C/B) standard maximum. Of course, she doesn't realise that her art isn't very good for her age because she's not around people her age. I'm all for people having hobbies and doing what they enjoy, but to think you'll be able to make a living by selling art at the standard she is is just ridiculous. My dad is an artist and it takes a lot more than just drawing pictures on your iPad and putting them on ebay
last video when she says she was going to use white for highlights.... Jesus Christ that’s lesson one of what not to do
The whole family are so stubborn and self absorbed she’s never going to learn properly. She’s really not making the progress she would otherwise and her techniques are largely off. She will get stuck in these terrible habits and never be able to be an artist. Sorry if that’s harsh. Only 10% of art graduates become artists professionally, I don’t think Mia will become one. At all.

Reactions: 11
The camel toe in the pink leggings stood out like a sore thumb 🙄🤢. I can't believe they didn't notice that when editing the video.

Reactions: 1
They live in a complete fantasy world, and one day reality is going to come crashing down and shock them. I feel for the kids who don’t know any better. Your back up career is supposed to be something practical, something that you’re likely to earn a living from - hence it being a back up for if Plan A doesn’t work out. Teaching your skills is usually a good idea to fall back on, obviously it often involves more qualifications and study but it’s a way of utilising your existing skills and not giving up on your passion

Writing books and doing art is not lucrative in most cases even if you’re talented and skilled, it’s just not a viable option. She’s also not considering the fact that she sells books (and art?) because of YouTube. If she doesn’t have the YouTube following, she’s unlikely to sell books

I understand encouraging your children to pursue their passions but they are doing them a disservice by letting them believe they can fall back on careers where there’s very little money to be made

Reactions: 6
I understand encouraging your children to pursue their passions but they are doing them a disservice by letting them believe they can fall back on careers where there’s very little money to be made
I grew up going part time to a dance & performance school where we were pretty much bred to go on to study at dance/drama college and to go into the arts. They believed that exams didn’t matter because auditions wanted talent not gcses, and were shocked when they asked me what drama school I was going to apply to and I responded university to do psychology because it was so rare for someone to not do anything to do with the arts.

Thankfully I was smart enough to know that okay it’s cool to be on the west end but getting my gcse and alevels are going to be reliable and my friend was forced to do alevels so she had something to fall back on if she doesn’t become a professional dancer but there were plenty of girls who went off to dance/drama college at 16 and have nothing to fall back on if their careers don’t work out.

It’s not a bad thing for mia (or anyone to follow their dreams) but having gcses, and some form of level 3 education is always a good back up plan especially in the world of the arts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.