Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's upsetting to read they are basically complaining about the peluqueros mexicanos hablando español (Mexican hairdressers speaking Spanish) and the supposed 'poor quality' hair salons. I thought Mia or Sienna (or both?) made a big deal of speaking Spanish so I don't know why it was such a problem to have a foreign hairdresser cause at least they'd know enough of the language to speak to them.

I wonder where in Mexico they are, cause places like Acapulco and Cancun do have huge American tourist and expat populations so there might well be Anglophone peluqueros there anyway.
To be fair, the hairdresser didn’t speak English or Spanish, and butchered their hair.

I always feel so conflicted about Family Fizz. While I agree with the concern for Mias lack of typical teenage experiences, I also have never heard another teenager quote Robert Kiyosaki and talk about financial freedom. She has the right idea in a lot of areas. She’s a smart girl and at least the good thing about being sheltered is you’re not out there getting into trouble.

I’ve seen a lot of people mention that she’s not prepared for further education and how it will hinder her with finding jobs. Being an employee isn’t for everyone, and some of the most successful entrepreneurs don’t have any further education. You can build someone else’s empire or build your own.

Reactions: 5
I don't know if it was just me but Georgie was talking about how it is important for Mia and Sienna to see her naked. I don't know It just seemed a little bit weird to me. They don't need to put that in a video. Mia and Sienna were sitting with her vaguely nodding.
Sienna wasn’t in agreement though she tried to say no offence Mum but literally no one listened to her!

When she was allowed to speak about her school I thought just how sweet and eloquent she comes across, she’s always been very sweet but I thought how mature she came across even in the only 30second she was allowed to speak before Georgie interrupted her! 🙄

On the other hand I was thinking how old Darren is looking, I think it’s probably the beard/ stubble but I feel he’s aged recently!

Reactions: 11
Anyone find it weird how Mia just stared at the camera most of the time smiling when others were talking, don’t you usually look at whoever’s talking? Perhaps another social skill she’s missed out from going to school and having friends. I found it quite sad how Mia and Sienna’s only stories about friends were from when they were much younger, it seems they won’t have any funny friend memories from their teen years. I’m glad they seem to have invested their money so the girls have something to live off when they realise they’re lack of education really hinders their ability to get a job, I have a feeling they haven’t considered the qualifications Sienna will actually need to become a scientist since Mia’s only interests are drawing and writing which don’t always need so many qualifications. It seems Mia’s the only one they’ really thought of and poor Sienna’s going to be stuck when she actually wants to pursue her dreams. I found it quite strange how they thought Mia wouldn’t have been able to do YouTube and GCSEs at the same time. There’s loads of teenagers who run successful channels and get their qualifications, plus ones who get part time jobs to perhaps save for uni or work experience. I used to do homework and revision whilst baby sitting and on the way to cleaning jobs. Most kids in school have some other things going on outside of it, whether that’s a job or club they’re going to they’ll still be able to do that and school to the best of their ability. I know there’s many celebrities and millionaires who dropped out, but there’s also many, like Mark Zukerburg, who stayed in school and made the most of education. They were basically trying to say school limits you because you have to learn trigonometry (which might not help you if you become a lawyer, but you wouldn’t know unless you tried) instead of drawing for your crappy colouring book.
Exactly! Hardly any employer will want to hire someone who wrote a crappy book about puberty and Teen life when she hasn’t got one. And a kid who had a science set. Even if like Darren belives they’ll both be self employed from the get go, they’ll both struggle to sell much because who would trust a scientist with no qualifications and Mia would have to be incredibly talented at writing or art, which at the moment she’s not the greatest ever, to make ends meat. Also how does Darren want to hire an editor as it’s not self employment and has that editor made it in life if he’s under another individuals control?

Reactions: 7
So my question made it into the video but they didn't really answer it. Its good to know that Sienna does have some kind of external schooling but to do science and become a scientist you a-level or equivalent qualification at the very least ...

Reactions: 2
It's weird that people are asking why Mia isn't constantly with the family when I'm wondering why she *Is* constantly with them. When I was 16, I had friends to hang out with, things to do. I know it's COVID times, but even when it wasn't...

Reactions: 8
Anyone find it weird how Mia just stared at the camera most of the time smiling when others were talking, don’t you usually look at whoever’s talking? Perhaps another social skill she’s missed out from going to school and having friends. I found it quite sad how Mia and Sienna’s only stories about friends were from when they were much younger, it seems they won’t have any funny friend memories from their teen years. I’m glad they seem to have invested their money so the girls have something to live off when they realise they’re lack of education really hinders their ability to get a job, I have a feeling they haven’t considered the qualifications Sienna will actually need to become a scientist since Mia’s only interests are drawing and writing which don’t always need so many qualifications. It seems Mia’s the only one they’ really thought of and poor Sienna’s going to be stuck when she actually wants to pursue her dreams. I found it quite strange how they thought Mia wouldn’t have been able to do YouTube and GCSEs at the same time. There’s loads of teenagers who run successful channels and get their qualifications, plus ones who get part time jobs to perhaps save for uni or work experience. I used to do homework and revision whilst baby sitting and on the way to cleaning jobs. Most kids in school have some other things going on outside of it, whether that’s a job or club they’re going to they’ll still be able to do that and school to the best of their ability. I know there’s many celebrities and millionaires who dropped out, but there’s also many, like Mark Zukerburg, who stayed in school and made the most of education. They were basically trying to say school limits you because you have to learn trigonometry (which might not help you if you become a lawyer, but you wouldn’t know unless you tried) instead of drawing for your crappy colouring book.
What people fail to mention is that these Billionaires dropped out of Harvard, Yale, Oxford. Not PRIMARY SCHOOL

To be fair, the hairdresser didn’t speak English or Spanish, and butchered their hair.

I always feel so conflicted about Family Fizz. While I agree with the concern for Mias lack of typical teenage experiences, I also have never heard another teenager quote Robert Kiyosaki and talk about financial freedom. She has the right idea in a lot of areas. She’s a smart girl and at least the good thing about being sheltered is you’re not out there getting into trouble.

I’ve seen a lot of people mention that she’s not prepared for further education and how it will hinder her with finding jobs. Being an employee isn’t for everyone, and some of the most successful entrepreneurs don’t have any further education. You can build someone else’s empire or build your own.
Building an empire isnt easy you know, you need a plethora of skills that you begin to develop in a school environment. How on earth do you expect Mia to be a good manager or network when she has literally no social skills? Do you really think she has strong enough mathematical skills to manage a businesses finances? Working for yourself is so much harder than being employed by someone else. Without even a basic education its pretty much impossible

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Mia has already made enough money to live off the interest for the rest of her life? That is if she doesn’t decide to release and other colouring book

• Haha
Reactions: 6
also darren says ‘like’ every ten seconds and it’s getting on my nerves 😬

omg and Georgie does it too 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 9

He probably says like to try and extend the time he gets to speak before Georgie butts in! She sure does love the sound of her own voice! 🙄🙄🙄

Mia has already made enough money to live off the interest for the rest of her life? That is if she doesn’t decide to release and other colouring book
If you make some smart investments, you can be set for life. Compound interest is powerful. She won’t ever have to worry about money, they are financially free.

Reactions: 1

yeah I've noticed that. I used to do it all the time as well until I was in sixth form and had a (french ironically) teacher who insisted we talk properly. If I said he/she the teacher'd look at me and be like 'who?' and when I said 'like' in that context she'd make fun of me going like like like (in a nice way not at all malicious) and although I finished sixth form in 2018 that habit has completely gone and I get called very posh and proper by my uni friends when I'm talking. The kids will pick up on that if they're not going to school and learning otherwise

Reactions: 4
Getting an education is so much more than just earning a living later in life. They obviously only think about the money. 🤑

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Getting an education is so much more than just earning a living later in life. They obviously only think about the money. 🤑
But an education gets you a job and if you have a job not a project then you are truly unsuccessful in life and don’t even get me started on if you work for someone else🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
why the hell are they promoting a gambling app, surely that’s completely inappropriate for their audience

*half way through the video but time for a rant about bleeping Darren* why does it have to be so tit to work for someone else? why is it that your standard is the standard that’s best for everyone. No, sienna can’t be what she wants. You’ve completely cut off academic access for her, something she’s clearly interested in. You bleeping asshole. Why the hell are you constantly on defence about the tyrannical decisions your enforce on the rest of the family. A job is working in exchange for money. Doing a task that results in money. You have a bleeping job you idiot. And maybe the girls working for someone else wouldn’t be the worst thing. They already work for you anyway. Sienna is your child too, let her speak for once.
What is so weird about this is that Darren, a former addict, may be self employed but is working at the behest of a gambling company! That doesn’t sound like the financial vegan freedom he wants firs his children.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Just had a thought. One of the assumptions was about which birth was the worst and Georgie said both Mia’s and Sienna’s (mostly because they happened in hospitals), were as karma and koa’s were perfect and not even painful apparently. I just thought it was a bit like saying giving birth in hospital is so bad and painful that everyone should avoid it because the two births Georgie had in a house she no longer lives in were pain free but intense, apparently. I’m sure there’s many women who have had births with no complications and stresses in hospital, perhaps because they know it’s the safest place for them if anything does go wrong. I have nothing against home births but I don’t think she should be saying the the two she had isn hospital were bad because they weren’t at home. I think Georgie was just very young and less educated and prepared when she had Mia and Sienna as she was only 16 and 22, which is very young to be having children nowadays, meaning those births were more stressful. I do find it funny how she goes on about having two homebirths, yet had both in two different homes which they only lived in for short periods of time. You’d think someone would want a home birth in their actual home that they own and will likely always live in, in a way it has a similar principle to giving birth in hospital as you go there to give birth and leave with your baby.

Reactions: 11
Just had a thought. One of the assumptions was about which birth was the worst and Georgie said both Mia’s and Sienna’s (mostly because they happened in hospitals), were as karma and koa’s were perfect and not even painful apparently. I just thought it was a bit like saying giving birth in hospital is so bad and painful that everyone should avoid it because the two births Georgie had in a house she no longer lives in were pain free but intense, apparently. I’m sure there’s many women who have had births with no complications and stresses in hospital, perhaps because they know it’s the safest place for them if anything does go wrong. I have nothing against home births but I don’t think she should be saying the the two she had isn hospital were bad because they weren’t at home. I think Georgie was just very young and less educated and prepared when she had Mia and Sienna as she was only 16 and 22, which is very young to be having children nowadays, meaning those births were more stressful. I do find it funny how she goes on about having two homebirths, yet had both in two different homes which they only lived in for short periods of time. You’d think someone would want a home birth in their actual home that they own and will likely always live in, in a way it has a similar principle to giving birth in hospital as you go there to give birth and leave with your baby.
, I also wonder if they got permission from the property owners because it’s not just an everyday thing

All I can say about Family Fizz is when the viewers fall off, they'll get even more desperate and crazy to keep the money rolling in and they'll end up being removed from YouTube because the videos will become progressively worse.

I hope they get out of their "Moving around the world because we're so not really famous and people can't leave us alone!" cycle and find stability before the TRULY crazy videos happen.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.