Faces By Grace #119 Greases anxiety will not win, not by the hair on her chunky chin chin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get the rainbow bridge craic at all!!! To be fair to Grace, I’d see posts on fb groups or even MADRA charity posting about pets going over the rainbow bridge when they die! Don’t understand it at all! Is it a reference to something?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Rainbow bridge is a comfort thing for children and adults.
It's a place where animals go when they die and where they wait for their owners. Over the rainbow there's freedom and fields.
When the adult dies, they collect their animals at rainbow bridge on the way to heaven.
I have various beliefs on the afterlife, and it's whatever get one through and helps them. If an adult wants to imagine their beloved pet is waiting for them, then that's ok, I wouldn't ridicule anyone.
But Instagram is no place for chopped up whiskers and fur, and certainly not a place to be discussing this, particularly if her elderly mother gets comfort from this rainbow bridge talk. Keep it private.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Rainbow bridge is a comfort thing for children and adults.
It's a place where animals go when they die and where they wait for their owners. Over the rainbow there's freedom and fields.
When the adult dies, they collect their animals at rainbow bridge on the way to heaven.
I have various beliefs on the afterlife, and it's whatever get one through and helps them. If an adult wants to imagine their beloved pet is waiting for them, then that's ok, I wouldn't ridicule anyone.
But Instagram is no place for chopped up whiskers and fur, and certainly not a place to be discussing this, particularly if her elderly mother gets comfort from this rainbow bridge talk. Keep it private.
Yes, I agree, I have seen reference to the rainbow bridge on another forum. I see it as a nice, gentle way to talk about a beloved pet.

I think cutting off the whiskers is downright horrible. Just keep a photo of the cat. I imagine that's what most people do.

One of my SILs is a huge animal lover, and always has pets, big, little and small. It breaks her heart every time she has to part with one of them. I believe that she would be horrified at the very thought of keeping such a thing as a memento.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think that rainbow bridge is a lovely idea. We all have our beliefs and tbh whatever gets you through is ok by me. But there is the ott approach to grief and you need to be careful with young children especially, and those who dont understand because you'd have them believing that every single robin and every feather is a sign from your lost one. If you go looking you'll find them and it can become obsessive like rachel gorry. The more grace posts the more i think she really does need professional help. Shes not able to adult at all. She'll have poor sienna rubbing her back to help her stop crying every time she sees a cat now.

Reactions: 13
Shes not able to adult at all. She'll have poor sienna rubbing her back to help her stop crying every time she sees a cat now
Exactly.

As I said above, it's can be a bit scary for kids to see adults crying, even though it's not a bad thing for them to understand that their parents or whoever can be sad about something. But those poor kids see that wan caterwauling at every hand's turn.

And that's exactly it, poor Sienna will be thrust into the role of comforting her big baby mother. FFS.

Reactions: 4
Just when you think there isn’t a barrel she can scrape to make it about her the rainbow bridge starts calling 😼 🌈
IMG_8567.jpeg

and then we have the circle of life one out 😺 one in 🐶

IMG_8570.jpeg
🙄

Reactions: 9
Fully empathise with the cat passing away. In fairness her parents (including her Dad) gave her the cat, was her mother’s comfort after the Dad passed away so I get it’s extremely emotional. But I can’t help but feel she’s really thriving off the attention it brings!

It really freaks me out how loving, emotional and compassionate she is towards “de pehs” but is a bear towards her own kids! She’s unhinged.

I think that rainbow bridge is a lovely idea. We all have our beliefs and tbh whatever gets you through is ok by me. But there is the ott approach to grief and you need to be careful with young children especially, and those who dont understand because you'd have them believing that every single robin and every feather is a sign from your lost one. If you go looking you'll find them and it can become obsessive like rachel gorry. The more grace posts the more i think she really does need professional help. Shes not able to adult at all. She'll have poor sienna rubbing her back to help her stop crying every time she sees a cat now.
You can bet she’s absolutely useless at comforting Si and trying to reassure her things are ok. Probably wailing uncontrollably frightening the child. And yes I know it’s good to teach kids the way of life but grease is the adult and hard to imagine her not making it more terrifying and dramatic than it needs to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Yeah she told us before S knows to rub her back when she's sad, and this was when S was a lot younger
Yeah was strange, saying the kids know when and how to comfort her like it was a regular thing. It’s as if she’s epileptic and they know how to put her in the recovery position. Let kids see that adults have emotions, how to deal with them, not that you burst into tears so regularly that your young (and they were a lot younger) kids know how to pander to you

Reactions: 14
What happens if the chunky chin hair gets mixed up with de cah whiskers? Framed up on the mantelpiece 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Didn't Grave cry before in front of S?
She's a selfish git.
There's a photo, possibly in the wiki, of her crying, with both kids beside her. I think, on her wedding day. The kids look a bit bemused. I know, it's naturally an emotional day, and her dad didn't live to see her getting married but really, the kids didn't need to see that.

I think Father's Day as well, is made all about her and there's tears involved. Of course for those of us who have lost our dads, we might think about them, on that day. And we probably think of them on more meaningful days. Or any old day at all!

But crying so that her children get no enjoyment out of the day, making a card for their dad, or buying a little gift is what this one does, if I remember correctly.

Me, me, meeeeeeeeee!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She pre recorded the videos with the wet hair to share after it happened.

This is the mentality of these influencers, let's document every traumatic incident for content.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
There's a photo, possibly in the wiki, of her crying, with both kids beside her. I think, on her wedding day. The kids look a bit bemused. I know, it's naturally an emotional day, and her dad didn't live to see her getting married but really, the kids didn't need to see that.

I think Father's Day as well, is made all about her and there's tears involved. Of course for those of us who have lost our dads, we might think about them, on that day. And we probably think of them on more meaningful days. Or any old day at all!

But crying so that her children get no enjoyment out of the day, making a card for their dad, or buying a little gift is what this one does, if I remember correctly.

Me, me, meeeeeeeeee!
Also used her dads anniversary/Father’s Day to sell Daniel wellington watches in an ad. But you can see a pattern of her always saying how she is affected, she is upset, it happened to her etc and no mention of her siblings or mam

Reactions: 12
Also used her dads anniversary/Father’s Day to sell Daniel wellington watches in an ad. But you can see a pattern of her always saying how she is affected, she is upset, it happened to her etc and no mention of her siblings or mam
and it's been going on yeaarrrrrrrsssssss now

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.