F1 Wags #209 "Carlos loses his appendix, Logan loses his car, Max loses his cool ... 🔥"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's a different take (and context) on the post-race interview (from someone who's clearly a big Daniel fan):

F1TV's post race show is also live streamed and posted on F1's Youtube as well if you want to see for yourself, it starts at 24:58

My take, as someone who likes both Yuki and Daniel and isn't particularly invested in the RB stuff, the people on Tumblr who already didn't like Daniel are overthinking it and being oversensitive. Everyone speaks so highly of Daniel and negative stories about him are so rare, so I really disagree with their interpretation of that moment.

Like it's one thing if they just don't like Daniel and/or think he shouldn't be in RB/F1. Some people will just rub you the wrong way. But making Daniel out to be a bully over this makes them look very silly.
Yeah this is how I took it as well.

Reactions: 3
What do you guys think, he wants to annoy Toto and everyone else who might be thinking of signing Carlos (and every topic is good to distract from himself now)

---
I've already mentioned this before, but I can kinda see Red Bull seriously considering Carlos now. Not just because he's doing well–but largely because it'd piss off the Verstappens. Unless a miracle happens to Mercedes, there isn't really anywhere for Max to go at least until 2026+ so it could be a power play / humbling over the Verstappen faction for going against him in the Red Bull Civil War. I'm petty though, so I'd like to think that the pro Christian side of Redbull aren't making driver decisions off of revenge plots and grudges. Because signing Carlos would definitely cause drama between the Verstappen and Sainz camps. The last thing Redbull needs is more drama

Or perhaps Christian's responding to Toto's interview where he talked about how he really wants to sign Max and is willing to wait to see how the Verstappen-Redbull drama unfolds. Toto discussed not wanting to sign anyone else prematurely in case there really is an opportunity to get Max. Christian hyping up Carlos could be his way of pressuring Toto to sign Carlos sooner than later, which would ensure there's nowhere decent for Max to go if he wants to leave Redbull

Reactions: 5
I've already mentioned this before, but I can kinda see Red Bull seriously considering Carlos now.
I'm only worried, if Max continues winning like this, anyone driving next to him is basically signing a death note. And I really wouldn't want that happening to him. 🤷‍♀️
(of course unless he manages to be better than Max, but to be completely honest, I do believe Max is preferred driver and they would do anything for him to stay that way)
(or if Max leaves)

Reactions: 8
So Maxie is in Japan with Kelly and P, Charles is on the way to Bali

do we know more about the plans of the grid for the next 1,5 weeks?

Reactions: 6
I haven't seen f1tv post race show yet, so I have no opinion of daniel's piece yet, but actually I like when Jack is there as a guest, he asks interesting questions and gels well with Laura or Will whoever is presenting the show.

The best ever guest/cohost out of the non f1 drivers was of course Pato. Last year I watched the show with him twice, he was so brilliantly chaotic.

I'm usually quite skeptical about theories about PR relationships but this is interesting especially because Charles just announced that he's going to Bali. This anon knew at least a week ago. Though PR trip doesn't necessarily = PR relationship. it could just mean Charles got a free Bali vacation, similiar to Kelly going on a PR trip with Clarins. And Sharl likes to keep himself busy and is one of the most celeb drivers (if that makes sense) so I could see his every step in general being planned. Anon really does seem like an insider though... the things I'd do to be nosy and get to ask them questions...

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 9.26.43 AM.png

articles like that in Spanish press are actually doing the disservice to Carlos. To appreciate his win we don't need shading of Charles and Lewis (103 wins, hello 100 more than Carlos). and automatically people are starting to wonder about his family and Marca's ties and even if he had nothing to do with the publication it actually does not work for his benefit. I don't get why the journalists don't understand that.

Reactions: 4
Here's a different take (and context) on the post-race interview (from someone who's clearly a big Daniel fan):

F1TV's post race show is also live streamed and posted on F1's Youtube as well if you want to see for yourself, it starts at 24:58

My take, as someone who likes both Yuki and Daniel and isn't particularly invested in the RB stuff, the people on Tumblr who already didn't like Daniel are overthinking it and being oversensitive. Everyone speaks so highly of Daniel and negative stories about him are so rare, so I really disagree with their interpretation of that moment.

Like it's one thing if they just don't like Daniel and/or think he shouldn't be in RB/F1. Some people will just rub you the wrong way. But making Daniel out to be a bully over this makes them look very silly.
Thank you for the additional context

Some interesting bits from the article

"The Spaniard is the preferred candidate of the current "autocrat" Christian Horner, who has the unconditional support of the Thai majority shareholders. The Austrian opposition around Dietrich Mateschitz heir Mark Mateschitz and motorsport boss Helmut Marko, who wanted to sack the Briton in view of what they consider to be well-founded suspicions of abuse of power, can currently only look on. Their philosophy of filling the Red Bull driver positions from the pool of the junior team (at least when talents like Yuki Tsunoda are waiting for promotion) no longer counts for anything."

"The Verstappen camp already knows which team-mate to expect in 2025. And now has to think about its own future. Talks with Alonso, whose Aston Martin contract expires at the end of this year, are said to be at an advanced stage"

"Verstappen's retirement at the Australian GP on Sunday furthered the mistrust that Verstappen harbors towards his unloved team boss. As F1-Insider.com learned, an incorrectly tightened screw is said to have led to the brake failure of the Red Bull with starting number one. Even if it was most likely a coincidence, the mistake came at the worst possible time due to the emotionally tense situation in the team."

"It is also a fact that this is not the first time that Horner has wanted to sign Alonso. F1 insiders know that back in 2013, he campaigned to make the Spaniard - who was unhappy at Ferrari at the time and keen to leave - Sebastian Vettel's team-mate in 2014 and replace Australian Mark Webber. At the time, Marko and Dietrich Mateschitz put their foot down and told Horner off. Marko told reporters fromF1-Insider in 2013: "Alonso does not fit in with our philosophy. We will fill Red Bull Racing with our young drivers." And so it came to pass. Daniel Ricciardo became Vettel's new team-mate.

That is now history. The balance of power at Red Bull has changed. In the past, Horner was never keen on drivers from the junior team. He was not only against Ricciardo in 2014, but also did not want to promote the Red Bull youngsters Sebastian Vettel and Max Verstappen to the parent team so early on. He then accepted Vettel's and Verstappen's great successes with a sweet and sour smile."

"Verstappen, at least, has still not forgotten who was against him back then. A switch to Mercedes as early as 2025 is therefore becoming increasingly likely. The automotive group, which is currently struggling in Formula 1, would welcome the victorious Dutchman with open arms as a savior."

I would absolutely love that ngl 😂
Part of e really wanted Fernando to Mercedes for pure chaos. Now I am close to voting for Carlos to Merc, but if Alonso would go to RB, what Helmut never wanted, this would leave Carlos with AM or Merc, assuming Papa Stroll would get Carlos to compete with Lance

It will be really interesting. It seems it all comes down to RB's decision about Checo*. If they sign him for 2025 it will be clear RB is not an option and then I would say either Carlos' or Fernando's signing with someone as first will determine few other seats' fate.

Normally I would say summer break silly season, but it seems too many drivers are without seat for 2025 that late spring, let's say after 5 or 6 races should be when some things should be getting more clear to save many people's nerves :LOL:

*I really really do not see Max going to Merc, especially after how their car performs now 😅 but hey, I did not believe the first Lewis to Ferrari gossips in the morning of Feb. 1st either and look where we are 😅
---

edit: Also the Sun. As I said. More publicity than Carlos. Come on.

---
And by the way:

UK'S HOTTEST F1 STAR IS LEWIS

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
This actually reeks of desperation now.
They are exaggerating more than Carmen. :rolleyes:
please someone convince me this is accidental just after Carlos' win, both dailymail and the sun, on the same day? with some of the same photos?
and how many times will we read about her accompanying Carlos in Vegas, she was on almost all races after summer break and was hinting about few before the summer, but actually wasn't Vegas the ONLY race when they were photographed entering the paddock together, for the photo?) it is more than a year promo plan isn't it.

#justicefortheHottestUK'sF1star
29809342-8439223-_I_can_t_stop_and_I_won_t_Lewis_Hamilton_shows_off_his_ripped_mu-a-35_1592553...jpg

Last edited:
I also have to say that calling her (or any other wag) F1 star is just plain disgusting and disrespectful. What did she do for F1? How many wins does she have? How many titles? F*** (or pretending to) someone in F1 doesn't make anyone F1 star, ffs.
This is even worse than Isa "woman in motorsport" Hernaez. :rolleyes:
Seriously Carlos, you can do better. :cautious:

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.