F1 Chatter #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but that statement is a blatant lie, they should have just said the second part. Max was told several times to give the place back, at turn 4 GP literally says “if you can’t pass by turn 12 give the place back”. He sounded fed up eventually because he had to keep repeating it. All that team does is gaslight people i swear

Reactions: 16
Of course it was not Max fault but red Bull 😑 🙄

But i agree about the abuse part. No one should be abused, no matter what happened.

oh poor max, only being told on the final corner of the race :(

red bull can’t expect us to believe that. max literally said on the radio “i already told you/i told you before, don’t ask me again” (from memory, don’t recall the exact wording!) also, would a team really have no plan in place to help their only driver who needs points? they really came on the radio on the last lap and said hey max, never mentioned this before, could you move for checo? come on 🙄

in nicer news:

A8453C29-D122-4B9A-B6B3-014DED274877.jpeg
C41E4040-A288-426E-90D4-DF6612846D82.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i just saw this in the replies to one of espn’s tweets about haas and it made me laugh 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry but that statement is a blatant lie, they should have just said the second part. Max was told several times to give the place back, at turn 4 GP literally says “if you can’t pass by turn 12 give the place back”. He sounded fed up eventually because he had to keep repeating it. All that team does is gaslight people i swear
So much this. Even if there wasn't evidence of him being asked multiple times to give the place back, if it *genuinely* was the case that it was left til the last corner and it wasn't enough time, a driver who intends to obey team orders in that scenario would have said 'I'm sorry, you didn't give me enough warning' etc. Like, do they think people are really that dumb to believe that statement?

If you don't like team orders as a driver (I feel like most fans would say they'd prefer race results to be decided on track with teammates allowed to race, but we know it happens and why it happens), then you should just come out and say that and own it. I would have more respect for someone who just came out and said 'I don't believe in team orders and I don't intend to listen to them'....obviously you would probably not be super popular with your team for saying that, but it's a statement of intent at least.

All this palaver still ends up with the same net optics to the rest of the world which is that Max is perfectly fine with team orders, just so long as he is the one who benefits from them.

So much this. Even if there wasn't evidence of him being asked multiple times to give the place back, if it *genuinely* was the case that it was left til the last corner and it wasn't enough time, a driver who intends to obey team orders in that scenario would have said 'I'm sorry, you didn't give me enough warning' etc. Like, do they think people are really that dumb to believe that statement?

If you don't like team orders as a driver (I feel like most fans would say they'd prefer race results to be decided on track with teammates allowed to race, but we know it happens and why it happens), then you should just come out and say that and own it. I would have more respect for someone who just came out and said 'I don't believe in team orders and I don't intend to listen to them'....obviously you would probably not be super popular with your team for saying that, but it's a statement of intent at least.

All this palaver still ends up with the same net optics to the rest of the world which is that Max is perfectly fine with team orders, just so long as he is the one who benefits from them.
Exactly. My main issue with Max is the blatant hypocrisy. If that’s who you are, just own it. People would have more respect for you if you did, it’s the constant “I can give it but I can’t take it” attitude that I can’t stand. It’s the same with the Sky boycott rubbish, the minute they’re not praising him it’s like the world had ended. Of course no one should be abusing him or any of his family members, but does he care about the abuse Checo and his family have also suffered? Because he probably should have mentioned that too if he did. It seems like he’s perfectly happy for there to be a toxic environment around the sport as long as he’s not on the receiving end of it. At least the other drivers say it’s bad when it happens to EVERYONE, not just themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Exactly. My main issue with Max is the blatant hypocrisy. If that’s who you are, just own it. People would have more respect for you if you did, it’s the constant “I can give it but I can’t take it” attitude that I can’t stand. It’s the same with the Sky boycott rubbish, the minute they’re not praising him it’s like the world had ended. Of course no one should be abusing him or any of his family members, but does he care about the abuse Checo and his family have also suffered? Because he probably should have mentioned that too if he did. It seems like he’s perfectly happy for there to be a toxic environment around the sport as long as he’s not on the receiving end of it. At least the other drivers say it’s bad when it happens to EVERYONE, not just themselves
Max seems to be very good at calling things out when he is affected but not others……drivers by type have to be a little selfish but don’t cry wolf for yourself and not have other peoples backs. But then, look who he associated himself with. Nobody can be that surprised at what he is like.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Max seems to be very good at calling things out when he is affected but not others……drivers by type have to be a little selfish but don’t cry wolf for yourself and not have other peoples backs. But then, look who he associated himself with. Nobody can be that surprised at what he is like.
Oh it’s no surprise at all. I was amazed certain people in the media were “shocked” by his behaviour in Brazil because I definitely wasn’t. This is an attitude that’s been cultivated by Red Bull since he joined, it became obvious in Baku when Daniel was expected to take full blame for an incident Max was equally if not more responsible for, and it’s just gotten worse as the years have gone by

Reactions: 7
I'm a behind on everything and currently travelling to York so relying on the thread to keep me up to date! Will miss quali on Saturday (although I might just try and watch it on my phone on the train home) but ready to go for Sunday...
IMG-20221114-WA0001~2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm a behind on everything and currently travelling to York so relying on the thread to keep me up to date! Will miss quali on Saturday (although I might just try and watch it on my phone on the train home) but ready to go for Sunday...
aw crocs have the best time in york! i absolutely love it there - lots of lovely little bars and great shopping 💙 i’ll keep an eye on charles on saturday for you. fully approve of the alcohol choice x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also, listening to Max’s full answer, he sounds equally as annoyed that the press were questioning him after the race as he does about the social media abuse. The latter is wrong on all levels but legitimate criticism from the media is normal? It happens to every single driver. I’m actually baffled as to why he keeps seeing himself as a victim? Of course if you’re going to sound selfish and petulant on the radio in front of everyone the media will have something to say about it. No one is immune to criticism, it doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve won

I feel bad for Nicholas Latifi 🥺. Everyone is sad about Mick, Seb and Daniel leaving F1 (for now) and does farewell and memories posts but no one is talking about him.
And he may not be a great driver but he looks like a really nice guy. He is also really mature, the way he handles Williams dropping him and analyses his own performances is really good. He doesn't try to hide his poor performances behind some lame excuses.
It is just like back in lockdown, he was streaming quite often with Lando, Charles, Alex and George and yet he has never been considered as a member of the twich quartet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel bad for Nicholas Latifi 🥺. Everyone is sad about Mick, Seb and Daniel leaving F1 (for now) and does farewell and memories post but no one is talking about him.
And he may not be a great driver but he looks like a really nice guy. He is also really mature, the way he handles Williams dropping him and analyses his own performances is really good.
It is just like back in lockdown, he was streaming quite often with Lando, Charles, Alex and George and yet he has never been considered as a member of the twich quartet.
i know :( i wanted to find a video of him to add into my first post but there are so few. he seems such a nice guy too, and i hope george at least makes a nice post for him. he handled all the memes, and the abuse he got last year, so maturely. he’s definitely being forgotten in all of the tributes :(

speaking of tributes, another lovely one from fernando:

gosh darn 🎤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
aw crocs have the best time in york! i absolutely love it there - lots of lovely little bars and great shopping 💙 i’ll keep an eye on charles on saturday for you. fully approve of the alcohol choice x
Thank you 🤗 I've just arrived and did not expect so much rain... Totally brought the wrong outfit and shoe choices 🥴 should have brought wellies tbh!

I feel bad for Nicholas Latifi 🥺. Everyone is sad about Mick, Seb and Daniel leaving F1 (for now) and does farewell and memories posts but no one is talking about him.
And he may not be a great driver but he looks like a really nice guy. He is also really mature, the way he handles Williams dropping him and analyses his own performances is really good. He doesn't try to hide his poor performances behind some lame excuses.
I kinda love Nicky, I don't think he's ever done anything wrong (this is where I find out he is actually problematic lol 🥲), he seems sweet and his girlfriend Sandy is so cute 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 11
trying to take this energy into today:

and some bonus sewis for you all:

Sharl looks like a happy baby in this clip and Lewis is in denial about Seb retiring 😂😂😂😍😍😍😍😍

oh, what a day, I have to catch up with all the content. This week I really would prefer all F1 things to happen in the evening like last week 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The name of that bottle sounds like a bad decision 😂 Have fun in York, hun❤
I feel sad for Nicky, he does seem like such a good guy❤ And even with his poor performance, he's put his mark on the sport.
I really hope he'll get a seat in Indy, and do well there. I think he'll thrive there.
i know :( i wanted to find a video of him to add into my first post but there are so few. he seems such a nice guy too, and i hope george at least makes a nice post for him. he handled all the memes, and the abuse he got last year, so maturely. he’s definitely being forgotten in all of the tributes :(

speaking of tributes, another lovely one from fernando:

gosh darn 🎤

Out of every person on the grid, I never thought Nando was the one that would make me emotional 😭 It's so lovely to see everyone caring about Seb and be sad to see him go❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It really bugs me the way George Russell holds a microphone. Gripping it with two hands when he isn’t using it and having a finger on the fluffy bit when he is answering a question.

Just had to get that off my chest

47AB5F53-7C8C-486E-8FE5-64F189FD1B1E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.