F1 Chatter #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hell, I feel like I've been punched in the gut 🥲 that was sad and I did not expect it!
i know 😢 this and the checo one from monday really got to me!

(i’ve only just started actually following them so have watched so many today. his toto voice is my favourite 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Happy new thread!
Just catching up now! Been on a training course today which is my idea of hell as I have total imposter syndrome (especially since coming back from mat leave) and I hate making awkward conversation with people I don’t know 😂.
I agree RE Mick and Haas. I hope he finds himself somewhere, even if it is Merc reserve for now. Lewis, George and Toto would help him I think.
I’m in total denial about Sunday 😭😭😭😭. I wish they were showing it live on channel 4 like last year but guess that was (heartbreaking) exceptional circumstances.
I’m manifesting a Lewis win (redemption), Seb second. And even though I don’t like him Nando just for the nostalgia (sorry Danny ric and Mick. Oh and Nicky) 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Happy new thread!
Just catching up now! Been on a training course today which is my idea of hell as I have total imposter syndrome (especially since coming back from mat leave) and I hate making awkward conversation with people I don’t know 😂.
I agree RE Mick and Haas. I hope he finds himself somewhere, even if it is Merc reserve for now. Lewis, George and Toto would help him I think.
I’m in total denial about Sunday 😭😭😭😭. I wish they were showing it live on channel 4 like last year but guess that was (heartbreaking) exceptional circumstances.
I’m manifesting a Lewis win (redemption), Seb second. And even though I don’t like him Nando just for the nostalgia (sorry Danny ric and Mick. Oh and Nicky) 😂
Ah those 3 on the podium together would be epic. The whole grid doing doughnuts would be the best thing ever though. I'd love to see Seb in his old Redbull once more as well but he'll probably add it to his collection eventually anyway 🤣.
Does anyone even care about who really wins this weekend? It feels like everyone just wants a bit nostalgic send off party so we can collectively cry through our tears!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Happy new thread!
work training courses are my worst nightmare - i frel
your pain! the awkwardness! the personality tests! the small talk! i hope it’s over and done for you!

ohmigosh a final lewis/seb/fernando podium would end me. the start of that video with only lewis and fernando still in colour on the team photo (i’m guessing from about ten years ago) really got to me. i can’t believe they’re going to be the only ones left from that era, and i wonder if they thought it would be them 🤣 sending a wish to the racing gods!

it really is end of an era. i think with fernando it was always likely that he would come back but this one. i watched f1 so much as a kid but seb was probably the first driver i really loved as a “grown up” and it’s rough. i know everyone is a broken record on this but i hope we see him back in some capacity, when he’s ready. gonna miss him!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy new thread!!
Last raceweekend of this season.
Saying goodbye to Seb, Daniel, Nick and maybe Mick ...
(Hulkenberg is already in Abu Dahbi...
Screenshot_20221116-212949_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
wanted to add this in but the first post was already too long :( going back through this account and i love how they’re so funny until they decide to squeeze you in the heart:

not a cartoon making me teary eyed, not again :(😘😘😘

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Haas press conference scheduled for 11am local - so we will know for definite by 730 tomorrow morning.
Just in time for Mick to face the press.
so nice of Haas.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
oh my, from the other mood of not goodbyes but welcomes, Nyck's pics from skydiving he posted on his instagram just scream profile pics or photoshop material for @aac_124 !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
my two faves (sorry, I am not able to post the post itself, but there are more on his insta)
1db4cfd9693c4249946a97ddd8a01d9df489426c.jpg
9ff4852526230669c732f0117f8803b4e6f67e68.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Oh it really is perfect to photoshop, but where to put him 🤔
C01E660F-2431-4479-9B37-13370A5CCD1B.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Haas press conference scheduled for 11am local - so we will know for definite by 730 tomorrow morning.
Just in time for Mick to face the press.
so nice of Haas.
Oh great that’ll put me in great mood for work 🙄. I like Hulk but don’t know why they think he’ll be better than Mick. It must be so hard for Mick & Corinna. If Michael was here no way would he have been treated this way. At this point I really hope he goes to Merc as reserve. He can learn a lot from Toto & Lewis and I think him and George would be a nice dynamic. I know we laugh about George and his public school boy vibes but he does seem a nice, genuine guy and Mick is a sweetheart .

• Heart
Oh great that’ll put me in great mood for work 🙄. I like Hulk but don’t know why they think he’ll be better than Mick. It must be so hard for Mick & Corinna. If Michael was here no way would he have been treated this way. At this point I really hope he goes to Merc as reserve. He can learn a lot from Toto & Lewis and I think him and George would be a nice dynamic. I know we laugh about George and his public school boy vibes but he does seem a nice, genuine guy and Mick is a sweetheart .
I genuinely believe Merc will look after him if he goes there...let's not forget Michael ended his career there and helped develop them into what they are today. If Sargent doesn't get the super licence points I bet they get him into Williams. Toto knows the family and their work ethic.
Also, this guy will be fighting his corner from behind the scenes...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I genuinely believe Merc will look after him if he goes there...let's not forget Michael ended his career there and helped develop them into what they are today. If Sargent doesn't get the super licence points I bet they get him into Williams. Toto knows the family and their work ethic.
Weeping! My hormonal heart can’t take this

• Heart
  • Sad
Weeping! My hormonal heart can’t take this
It's tough isn't it? I knew this week would be tough but Jesus! Last day of work for me before 10 days annual leave and seriously, I think I need it to process everything. Not just Seb going, either, but this whole season. Honestly, I found you guys when I was REALLY ill with Covid (whilst watching Seb in ROC as it goes) and lurked until the season started. You lot have been such a joy to rant, thirst and shed tears with ❤

• Heart
Does anyone even care about who really wins this weekend? It feels like everyone just wants a bit nostalgic send off party so we can collectively cry through our tears!
I'd be over the moon of joy with a Lewis, Seb, Daniel or Mick win, but some of those isn't realistic, and I just won't care. It's over and done with (for the most part). My focus is going to be on those that are leaving F1, my glass of wine (I just hope I can stand the thought of alcohol on sunday), a box of tissues and probably some good food.

I'm all here for the nostalgia❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d be happy with Williams if Logan doesn’t get his licence. Him & Alex would be great together. 2 lovely, humble men from nice families.

• Heart
It's tough isn't it? I knew this week would be tough but Jesus! Last day of work for me before 10 days annual leave and seriously, I think I need it to process everything. Not just Seb going, either, but this whole season. Honestly, I found you guys when I was REALLY ill with Covid (whilst watching Seb in ROC as it goes) and lurked until the season started. You lot have been such a joy to rant, thirst and shed tears with ❤
You know who's going to ROC next year? 😏
We're going! Or, I'm going to try and get myself there at least! It's just an eight hour drive, through the Swedish wilderness, it's not that far 😅

• Heart
It is a bloody tough week in all regards. When I say that the most calming part of my work day was my 20 minute lunchtime power walk round the park whilst listening to a podcast about human composting, that says a lot about what a tit show it has been. At least by the time it gets to Sunday I will maybe be a tiny bit relieved to cry it all out whilst watching the last race 😅

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.