F1 Chatter #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well ladies and stephen, here we are on the final weekend. the absolute final weekend for a few of our favourites 😭😭

scroll, get never forget on your speakers, hit play, enjoy the good times 💙

and also nick, i’m sorry williams are trying to force sargeant on us before you’ve even left :(

2142A3C6-A73D-42E7-B8BC-F2971C0C3396.jpeg

it’s gonna be emotional lads, let’s do this 💙💙

(insert 🕯 mick prayer circle 🕯 here)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Haas has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow morning. I think they will announce Hulk there. If they don't they really play with Mick... I still don't understand how you can think hulk is a better choice than mick...

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Waited for the new thread to speak RE Mick, and I completely agree with the general consensus that Haas have been out of order. It’s been obvious for months that they didn’t want him anymore, with the way they were all speaking about him and the constant rumours about Hulkenberg (who I have nothing against, but choosing him just means they evidently don’t like Mick because in reality he offers very little). But instead of telling him and at least giving him a chance to look elsewhere or plan something it seems like they’re just dragging it out and now he has no options. I’ve seen a few people on twitter saying Haas stopped him talking to Williams because they wanted to talk to him first, just to drop him anyway? No idea if it’s true but it honestly wouldnt surprise me. I think he was informed on Saturday, also according to Twitter. I completely agree w you Stephen about them just wanting to hang onto the Schumacher name because it is definitely a pull- I mean no malice by this but Magnussen and Hulkenberg really aren’t, aside from people hoping they still have beef from a hundred years ago. Just seems unfair. I hope he does go to Merc though, they’ll help him out like they did with Esteban

• Heart
well ladies and stephen, here we are on the final weekend. the absolute final weekend for a few of our favourites 😭😭

scroll, get never forget on your speakers, hit play, enjoy the good times 💙

and also nick, i’m sorry williams are trying to force sargeant on us before you’ve even left :(

View attachment 1735530

it’s gonna be emotional lads, let’s do this 💙💙

(insert 🕯 mick prayer circle 🕯 here)
aaaaaawww, I just got back from running some errands, I will make myself a big cup of tea and will watch it all
thanks for such great content for the beginning of the new thread LaBlonde :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Waited for the new thread to speak RE Mick, and I completely agree with the general consensus that Haas have been out of order. It’s been obvious for months that they didn’t want him anymore, with the way they were all speaking about him and the constant rumours about Hulkenberg (who I have nothing against, but choosing him just means they evidently don’t like Mick because in reality he offers very little). But instead of telling him and at least giving him a chance to look elsewhere or plan something it seems like they’re just dragging it out and now he has no options. I’ve seen a few people on twitter saying Haas stopped him talking to Williams because they wanted to talk to him first, just to drop him anyway? No idea if it’s true but it honestly wouldnt surprise me. I think he was informed on Saturday, also according to Twitter. I completely agree w you Stephen about them just wanting to hang onto the Schumacher name because it is definitely a pull- I mean no malice by this but Magnussen and Hulkenberg really aren’t, aside from people hoping they still have beef from a hundred years ago. Just seems unfair. I hope he does go to Merc though, they’ll help him out like they did with Esteban
this 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 they’ve treated him badly, set him impossible goals but were more than happy to use him for social media content.

i like hulk, but i don’t see what he would offer that mick doesn’t. but, at this point, i do kind of hope he breaks away from haas. i don’t think they’re the right team for him long term and being in a more nurturing environment will help him. i just wish he could take his lovely race engineer with him, they had such a nice bond based on what he heard. but ultimately mick, run free. spend a year or so with merc and then come back with a new team.

aaaaaawww, I just got back from running some errands, I will make myself a big cup of tea and will watch it all
thanks for such great content for the beginning of the new thread LaBlonde :)
aww you’re welcome! so many videos i wanted to include but didn’t realise tattle sets a limit 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
this 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 they’ve treated him badly, set him impossible goals but were more than happy to use him for social media content.

i like hulk, but i don’t see what he would offer that mick doesn’t. but, at this point, i do kind of hope he breaks away from haas. i don’t think they’re the right team for him long term and being in a more nurturing environment will help him. i just wish he could take his lovely race engineer with him, they had such a nice bond based on what he heard. but ultimately mick, run free. spend a year or so with merc and then come back with a new team.
Exactly. It feels like and idk if anyone else gets this, that Haas liked him last year purely because he wasn’t Mazepin. Like Nikita was so awful, not even just driving wise but in personality too (that DTS episode was shocking tbh) that they were just so grateful Mick wasn’t like that too. Then this year, having Kevin back just made them turn on Mick for some reason, or their true feelings towards him came out that had always just been masked by their Mazepin hatred.

I do genuinely think Audi will have their eye on him. A German brand (who have said they want German drivers) with a Schumacher? Match made in heaven

• Heart
Reactions: 9
this is also worth a listen/watch for seb fans 💙

Exactly. It feels like and idk if anyone else gets this, that Haas liked him last year purely because he wasn’t Mazepin. Like Nikita was so awful, not even just driving wise but in personality too (that DTS episode was shocking tbh) that they were just so grateful Mick wasn’t like that too. Then this year, having Kevin back just made them turn on Mick for some reason, or their true feelings towards him came out that had always just been masked by their Mazepin hatred.

I do genuinely think Audi will have their eye on him. A German brand (who have said they want German drivers) with a Schumacher? Match made in heaven
i think you’ve got a great point there. mick probably stayed out of the spotlight by being decent and polite (and treating the team like human beings, agree that dts episode was awful) and so he dodged maybe the scrutiny that it is on him now. i just think guenther coming out and saying he had to win races etc was so unfair. he’s in a haas, trying his best. setting impossible to achieve goals doesn’t help anyone.

i would put actual money on him coming back with audi! and you’re so right that i think they would fight to get him too. the more i think about it the more i feel pretty okay with him having maybe a year out. i think it will do him good.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think Mick was so far ahead of Mazepin they thought that was the potential of the car. This year Kevin came back and they’ve realised Mick isn’t as fast as he looked against Mazepin last year (if that makes sense)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Mick was so far ahead of Mazepin they thought that was the potential of the car. This year Kevin came back and they’ve realised Mick isn’t as fast as he looked against Mazepin last year (if that makes sense)
That too. I don’t think Haas has taken into consideration the fact that last years car was so poor that it didn’t really count as a season, he couldn’t really learn anything with it so he was effectively still a rookie. He’s actually kept up with KMag pretty well all things considered. And yeah, saying he has to win races etc to stay just isn’t fair. He’ll be better off out of there

• Heart
That too. I don’t think Haas has taken into consideration the fact that last years car was so poor that it didn’t really count as a season, he couldn’t really learn anything with it so he was effectively still a rookie. He’s actually kept up with KMag pretty well all things considered. And yeah, saying he has to win races etc to stay just isn’t fair. He’ll be better off out of there
When did Haas say Mick ought to be winning? They were pretty realistic when Kevin got the pole in Brazil there was no hope of him even winning a sprint so seems odd they expected so much more of Mick and could use that as a reason to get rid of him

Reactions: 2
When did Haas say Mick ought to be winning? They were pretty realistic when Kevin got the pole in Brazil there was no hope of him even winning a sprint so seems odd they expected so much more of Mick and could use that as a reason to get rid of him
Gene said it, I think? Idk i could be wrong but he definitely said something along those lines. I think he meant it more as in “if he wins a race the seat is his”, but he also said he expects him to be scoring a lot more points but sometimes that just hasn’t been feasible this year for the team as a whole

• Heart
Pretty much agree with everything that has been said re: Mick.

Haas seem to like having the Schumacher name linked to them and it helps that Mick is generally just very likeable and marketable.
However they have set him ridiculous targets, and failed to take into account that last year he was in an absolute shitbox with a team-mate he could learn nothing (other than bad manners and attitude) from.
Improvements have been made this year and his relationship with Kevin seems to be blossoming as well as his driving is improving. Yes he has had some costly smashes and a team like Haas can't afford that, but expecting him to work miracles, whilst seemingly constantly slating him in the press (side eying Gunther and Gene) cannot have helped his confidence at all.

I'm kind of glad if he does leave Haas, as he will not have Seb to support him next year.
Praying for a Vettel - Schumacher Audi line up in the future 🕯

• Heart
Happy new thread❤

This is going to be a sad one, isn't it? 😭 I'm just ready for this week to be over and done with, tbh.

I'm kind of glad if he does leave Haas, as he will not have Seb to support him next year.
This is my dream! And this time it isn't a feverdream 🤞😅

• Heart
Pretty much agree with everything that has been said re: Mick.

Haas seem to like having the Schumacher name linked to them and it helps that Mick is generally just very likeable and marketable.
However they have set him ridiculous targets, and failed to take into account that last year he was in an absolute shitbox with a team-mate he could learn nothing (other than bad manners and attitude) from.
Improvements have been made this year and his relationship with Kevin seems to be blossoming as well as his driving is improving. Yes he has had some costly smashes and a team like Haas can't afford that, but expecting him to work miracles, whilst seemingly constantly slating him in the press (side eying Gunther and Gene) cannot have helped his confidence at all.

Also, their strategy has been absolute dog tit, some of their tyre choices have been crazy and their main strategy seems to be betting on a safety car.
Actually have nothing against The Hulk and think he's pretty dishy but not sure what Haas really gain by choosing him. Mick brings in huge amounts of sponsorship money.
Anyway, whilst we are on the subject of Schumachers...Seb really pulling at the heart strings with his insta. Also, Michael was so handsome ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Also, their strategy has been absolute dog tit, some of their tyre choices have been crazy and their main strategy seems to be betting on a safety car.
Actually have nothing against The Hulk and think he's pretty dishy but not sure what Haas really gain by choosing him. Mick brings in huge amounts of sponsorship money.
Anyway, whilst we are on the subject of Schumachers...Seb really pulling at the heart strings with his insta. Also, Michael was so handsome ❤
I saw them earlier today and I cried a little 🥺

• Heart
wanted to add this in but the first post was already too long :( going back through this account and i love how they’re so funny until they decide to squeeze you in the heart:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy new thread. This is a picture of me in denial about what this weekend means and pretending it’s not almost here!

11BA9CBC-D3B6-4EAF-A6EC-BADDFADE61E4.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
wanted to add this in but the first post was already too long :( going back through this account and i love how they’re so funny until they decide to squeeze you in the heart:

What the hell, I feel like I've been punched in the gut 🥲 that was sad and I did not expect it!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.