F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Binotto isn't holding back today

he’s on fire today (from someone who isn’t exactly his biggest fan 🤣)

and he’s right! race shouldn’t have started, the world’s fastest five second penalty (when it took hours for them to decide checo’s last week), the safety, the general confusion where no one could work out what rules had actually been applied re points.

he also sounds completely resigned to what’s going to happen with the budget gap, even though it seems to be an open secret that there’s some truth to the rumours.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
he’s on fire today (from someone who isn’t exactly his biggest fan 🤣)

and he’s right! race shouldn’t have started, the world’s fastest five second penalty (when it took hours for them to decide checo’s last week), the safety, the general confusion where no one could work out what rules had actually been applied re points.

he also sounds completely resigned to what’s going to happen with the budget gap, even though it seems to be an open secret that there’s some truth to the rumours.
Has anyone seen the screenshot going round on Twitter that the guy in charge of the budget cap has something to do with the Red Bull group? I think that says it all about what will be happening with that. Just a big old brush under the carpet

• Wow
Reactions: 11
He’s speaking like a man who knows nothing really matters anymore and I’ve never been able to relate to him this much
yup I think he's done with the BS too. I think a lot of things will come to a head over the next few days. Most of the drivers and teams haven't said too much this year but it doesn't matter now so we'll definitely be hearing more.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Might rewatch one of the old Japanese GPs later to wash away the stink of this one...such a disappointment when there have been so many iconic races and WDC wins there. Maybe 1994 and relive that weird time in my life when I fancied Damon Hill 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Idk if any other Lewis fans feel the same as me, but this year has been a lot, already. When I thought Lewis wasn’t coming back over winter I was almost relieved because I just had a feeling nothing would be better, and I’ve been proved right. There’s so much about F1 that’s just painful for me now, nothing is ever fair, people don’t play by the same rules, seeing Kelly Piquets face every 5 seconds knowing she liked that post defending Nelson (conveniently forgotten about by basically everyone), and now this? I hope Pierre has some good support. It’s too much, Sebs doing the right thing getting out while he can
Agree with you wholeheartedly. I am still so angry about AD21. Sorry to anyone supporting Max but it wasn’t his title last year and there would have such outrage if Lewis had been in his position. This season has been hard going and seeing stories about the vile comments used about Lewis by the Piquet family is just flaming the fire. Seeing Kelly so jubilant when she was in effect condoning everything isn’t right. And if the budget cap has been breached how is fair to all the other drivers and teams?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Has anyone seen the screenshot going round on Twitter that the guy in charge of the budget cap has something to do with the Red Bull group? I think that says it all about what will be happening with that. Just a big old brush under the carpet
I don’t want to sound like a conspiracist here but regardless of that, Red Bull seems to have some sort of weird FIA immunity. Whenever tit hits the fan, they benefit.

Checo had two safety car infringements last week, got one penalty with a chance to explain himself. Charles gets slammed with a penalty immediately. Just as the most recent example. Or even yesterday, Max not getting a penalty for driving so slow in quali and impeding Lando. Whereas others have gotten one. Checo wears his wedding ring, nbd, Lewis gets fined for his nose stud.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence but yeah, they’re not gonna get penalized for the cost cap. Aston Martin probably is gonna be though because they’re Aston Martin.

• Heart
i couldn’t bear to watch it anymore 🤣

thank for for jenson (and ted) - the only shining lights of sky today!
And Martin’s Twitter input too! Glad to see my three faves are talking sense at least. There was some subtle shade from PDR’s old engineer at the RB garage just now 😂 “oh it’s a shame he couldn’t stick around…” KING 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t want to sound like a conspiracist here but regardless of that, Red Bull seems to have some sort of weird FIA immunity. Whenever tit hits the fan, they benefit.

Checo had two safety car infringements last week, got one penalty with a chance to explain himself. Charles gets slammed with a penalty immediately. Just as the most recent example. Or even yesterday, Max not getting a penalty for driving so slow in quali and impeding Lando. Whereas others have gotten one.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence but yeah, they’re not gonna get penalized for the cost cap. Aston Martin probably is gonna be though because they’re Aston Martin.
Please do!
Red Bull seem to get away with everything at the minute!

Agree with you wholeheartedly. I am still so angry about AD21. Sorry to anyone supporting Max but it wasn’t his title last year and there would have such outrage if Lewis had been in his position. This season has been hard going and seeing stories about the vile comments used about Lewis by the Piquet family is just flaming the fire. And seeing Kelly so jubilant when she was in effect condoning everything isn’t right. And if the budget cap has been breached how is fair to all the other drivers and teams?
I’m so glad you said this, sometimes it feels like I’m just shouting into the void about the whole thing. Every time Max is on the podium and Kelly’s there, even if Lewis is there too, I turn the tv off and just look at photos afterwards. It’s just ruined it for me. This sports never been 100% fair but this is too far

Checo had two safety car infringements last week, got one penalty with a chance to explain himself. Charles gets slammed with a penalty immediately. Just as the most recent example. Or even yesterday, Max not getting a penalty for driving so slow in quali and impeding Lando. Whereas others have gotten one. Checo wears his wedding ring, nbd, Lewis gets fined for his nose stud.

Spot on. People shouldn’t be debating penalties anyway, that’s never happened. It was like last year in Saudi when Masi was offering penalties to Red Bull and making “deals” with them about what to do. Masi was a scapegoat. The stewards are corrupt, as are those higher up

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And Martin’s Twitter input too! Glad to see my three faves are talking sense at least. There was some subtle shade from PDR’s old engineer at the RB garage just now 😂 “oh it’s a shame he couldn’t stick around…” KING 😂😂😂
martin has been on point on twitter. i missed him this weekend.

ted tried to bring up the recovery vehicle too and almost got shushed and spoken over. not to go full conspiracy theory but i wonder if sky are told to toe the party line a bit to keep their coverage rights.

(not pdr though, i fully believe those are his own stupid feelings)

• Heart
YES TED!!! SPEAKING TRUTHS!

ted tried to bring up the recovery vehicle too and almost got shushed and spoken over. not to go full conspiracy theory but i wonder if sky are told to toe the party line a bit to keep their coverage rights.

100%, I was surprised at them being given a contract right to the end of the decade and it’s not hard to imagine that a lengthy contract like that probably comes with certain conditions…

• Heart
Reactions: 10
One last thing from me because I need to start getting ready for a lunch! I can't believe that Jules' family have been made to go through this again - there should NEVER be a tractor on the track with cars passing by. Surely its that simple?!

I know its a dangerous sport and all that but how can the drivers have confidence getting back in the car after the shitshow today... The FIA don't give a tit 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 14

If it is right then it looks really really bad. I mean manipulating the medias so they only talk about what someone want is what happen in dictatorships...
I just hope that the drivers and teams won't let that down. Today could have been a nightmare. The FIA need to wake up before something terrible happen because of their inability to admit their faults...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
One last thing from me because I need to start getting ready for a lunch! I can't believe that Jules' family have been made to go through this again - there should NEVER be a tractor on the track with cars passing by. Surely its that simple?!

I know its a dangerous sport and all that but how can the drivers have confidence getting back in the car after the shitshow today... The FIA don't give a tit 🤡
Yes! And the other drivers too - many of them were so close with Jules. And Suzuka is always a tough one, the memories of the crash always lingering, it’s tough enough for the drivers to deal with that. But shoving it in their face like that, both with the FIA’s duck up and the journalists questions… I don’t know where they all take that mental energy from. Hell I feel drained.

• Heart
If it is right then it looks really really bad. I mean manipulating the media so they only talk about what someone want is what happen in dictatorships...
I just hope that the drivers and teams won't let that down. Today could have been a nightmare. The FIA need to wake up before something terrible happen because of their inability to admit their faults...
i’m fully theorising here and don’t have any real “evidence” as such - i just thought it was strange that ted wanted to talk about it and got shut down, they all stuck very much to the same interpretation of events and were keen to move the focus elsewhere. again, could just be an emotive reaction from me!!

fully fully agree with your post, my big worry is that they WILL wait for something awful to happen. it should never be the case that we or the drivers and teams are having to worry about that.

• Heart
Have you guys noticed that NO ONE has been mentioning the crane in their post race social media stuff? This feels a lot like back in Saudi with the bombs when they were instructed not to say anything until internal discussions happened and yet everyone knew how they felt.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.